Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie5 View Post
Hi everyone, I was looking through the recipe section and it looks like lots of great recipes, I was just wondering, when your making a dish like shephards pie how would you measure that out? It has both hamburger and veggies in it would that still be 2 cups? If anyone knows how to measure out these recipes could you let me know how this would work. Is there special rules? Thankyou.
The vegees are raw, always by volume, i.e., in a measuring cup - 2 cups. The meat or other protein is always raw, measured by weight, so you should weigh out 8 oz before cooking it.

haven't tried that recipe - sounds good...
Old 04-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #122  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Sounds like you'll have a fun weekend!! It's great to have a target for fitness, weight loss, etc, so your walk in Central Park will be a motivator to keep losing and get stronger - not that you need motivation - but it all helps! Are you going to buy some cute new running shorts for the 5K? A new outfit always motivates me! I already have a Tommy Bahamas sundress in black and white polka dot hanging in my closet - just waiting for me to lose 15-20 pounds and have some hot weather!
I just realized I can start shopping at a Tommy Bahamas store very soon. Love the clothes!
Old 04-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #123  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
I just realized I can start shopping at a Tommy Bahamas store very soon. Love the clothes!
That's fantastic!!!! I love being able to shop at new stores (ones that don't sell plus sizes).
Old 04-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

All,
Anyone who wants the 2 docs I have on alternative products, please private message me and provide your EMAIL ADDRESS. This is so I can email these back to you. (I've recieved a couple of requests but cannot send them w/o an email address.)

By the way, I have one I compiled on motivation. It's compiled from little nuggets I found on these boards and others. I made it for my use and hence I didn't provide credits to the original sources. If you want this, again private message me, etc.

Last edited by Chloe222; 04-05-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

So I had an interesting afternoon... After lunch at work I came home to check on my little guy, my sister said he felt pretty warm......boy was he 105 fever! Gave him a dose of Tylenol and Advil, called work and said I needed to stay home o make sure the fever went down........waited, waited....an hour later, not much change. Ended up taking him to the children's hospital clinic..... Still had a fever when they checked him. They looked him over, checked his urine and guess what.... Viral!!! I knew it I never normally jump the gun and get them checked, but the fact that the double meds didn't bring it down well I was a little suspicious and the fact that it Easter Weekend. So we will see what kind of a night we will have. Great post as usual....have a good night all!
Old 04-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #126  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icathinme View Post
Weigh-in today...weight stayed the same for the first time since Jan. 16th...but since I'm bloated and was actually up 7 pounds on Monday, I'm not surprised! I'm still down 2.5 inches, so I'll definitely take it!
You've done awesome..... Keep at it
Old 04-05-2012, 08:06 PM   #127  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
I made it! My first goal of 40 lbs and today I made it! I lost 4 lbs this last week which was a great loss considering most of my losses are 1-3 lbs a week, and it was TOM! I am very excited!
That is awesome....congrats
Old 04-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #128  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Remember if you are stepping up the gym to add 1/2 packet before and after your workout because you will probably burn more than we take in our entire day!
Thanks WUV I do make sure I get that extra pack in..... Thanks for the reminder tho
Old 04-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #129  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

WI #14 today and I am down another 3.6lbs! I was vert happy to see the loss even though I did not meet the halfway mark just yet. Oh well, I'll be there next week a total of 60 lbs isn't too bad in 14 weeks, I guess.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #130  

Forgot to mention that I didn't get my veggies in at lunch and late for supper so I through 4 cups of spinach in a pan with some garlic and had that......wew that was close...lol
Old 04-05-2012, 08:19 PM   #131  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBig View Post
I start IP on Monday the 9th....

On Tues (after I purchased my starter kit....) I decided I wanted to "get ready" for my IP start date.

I didnt want "this" to be a shock to my system... mentally and physically ...

this is what I have begun doing...
1.Increasing my water intake. Drinking 8oz soon as I wake up.
2. Making sure I eat a conscious breakfast
3. NOT munching at my desk...
4. stretching out my time in between breakfast and lunch
5. CUT OUT ALL FAST FOOD

so... Im driving to work this morning ... and Im rather HUNGRY... Mickey Ds to left of me , Burger King and Dunkin Donuts EVERYWHERE... I go in Royal farms, purchase a HUGE smart water and a banana.

Im drinking hot tea between meals to compensate the munching.

for me its not being hungry ... its the oral HABIT of gotta chew gum, or munch on mints, or a health bar, or nuts, or rice cakes , always MUNCHING on healthy snacks n' stuff... but always munching... Thats my goal Im working on now.

I ate @ 9am... right now Im drinking my water ... and that seems to be satisfying my oral habit.

Its gonna be HARD not to chew gum or mints, tho... So I think Im going to buy some fresh mint( the herb) so I can chew on it if I HAVE to.

getting my mind right yall ....

cant wait to be OP!!!!
Wow. Welcome and good for you for planning ahead! The week before I started I ate like I was never gonna eat again........then paid for it when I started. It is a great diet you'll love it! Welcome again!
Old 04-05-2012, 08:21 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Kelly,
Hope the little guy is better soon.
Did they keep him overnight at the hospital?
Old 04-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #133  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

WI #3 today - down 2 lbs! I'm not unhappy with that, but I am wondering why it's not higher. I stopped and got some ketone test strips and tested when I got home and I'm only trace to small ketones and can't figure out why. All I had prior to testing (today) was an IP bar this morning with black coffee, and a choc IP drink and cup of cauliflower for lunch. I've been OP all week (Saturday had extra protein but no carbs beyond veggies and what is in the IP products). Has anyone else tested their ketones and what did they measure?
Old 04-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 234/209/180

Height: 6'0"

NSV over here today! I went and bought a new pair of pants for work and a new pair of jeans in a size smaller - a size I haven't worn in at least eight years. The jeans are a tiny bit tight, but I have a feeling that in a week they'll be just right.

We went out for a short bike ride tonight and both my husband and I enjoyed it and didn't feel like it was a huge amount of exertion, even though he was pulling our almost-4-year-old in a trailer. He's going to have to get his bp meds adjusted soon, though, because he's getting light headed fairly often lately. His blood pressure has been solidly in the normal range (like 120's/upper 70's & lower 80's) for a solid week, which is really exciting.

Tonight for supper I am having a salmon burger and grilled zucchini - two things I certainly wouldn't have been eating a month ago! I am looking forward to being able to eat "real" food again, but we are loving IP.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #135  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBig View Post
So as Im prepping for my Monday Start Date ... the only thing that is concerning me is getting a regimen together... seems a lil complicated as far as getting a regimen togehter.

thats what is worrying me. can anyone tell me what there W1 menu's looked like. Im going to spend Sunday prepping my food for the week.
Morning cappacino shake

2 cups roasted cauliflower and broccoli with olive oil and garlic
Broccoli and cheese soup

Stir fried veggies with soy sauce
Chicken5-8

Snack pudding

That is a sample day for my first week. The roasted veggies are friggin awesome!!!!! I eat roasted veggies constantly and make a wack load up so they are ready for future meals. I am not a fan of cooking but the spices I have accumulated is great to change things up. I also love the IP chili and once prepared I pour it over 2 cups of spinach for a lunch idea. After a week.and talking to my coach decided to move my evening snack and split it up between mid morning snack and late afternoon. That was when I found I was hungry....not hungry at all in the evening. I drink kinda room temp water so I can guzzle it faster. I add cinnamon to pudding, tea, shakes...suppose to help stabilize sugar. I chew um like crazy.....I use any sugar free....no aspartame half a piece at a time....really helps to get me thru. Just thought I would give you a few suggestions......keep digging on this site the info is unbelievable, and everyone is amazing on here and great for help. Good luck
Closed Thread