Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 03:25 PM   #106  
Started IP 2/28/2012

S/C/G: 235-45%/192/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
LOL...I didn't mean to sound like a mom lecture....lol...but sometimes that is what is needed. I am one to give the "tough love" around here that is for sure. Some take it better than others. I am glad he supports you in your efforts for this that is great. Tell him for every dollar he spends you are going to start your own "savings account" for a new wardrobe. Every time he spends $10 you put $10 aside it will take away from his "extra" money...heheh...dirty little secret I used too do...hahah.

O it's ok with me! I'm usually the one handing out the mom lecture, and dusting the sugar off everything so people actually hear the dirty truth, so it's nice to get it back. And you are right, by all means. Putting myself 1st... are you kidding me?! What a joke lol especially after the way I grew up and being a single mom.. ha.. i laughed at that for years, still kinda do. But with this IP diet I finally am, and am so happy I did it. I do put money aside for clothes. I stopped using my debt card and started using cash. So all change goes in a jar, and at the end of the week what ever bills i have left, if my son hasn't milked it out of me then it goes in the jar too! And I start the next week fresh. I went home for lunch (i do everyday) and my fieance was there so after our "hot lunch" (sorry if tmi, but it's my work out for the day lmao) i talked to him again about spending, and our finances again and he totally agreed! I almost hit the floor! And he said that he's spent 1st half of the day doing calculations, and applying and so on and that it's his goal to make sure that i get to stay OP and go home to see MA, and my friend! I cried a little bit lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Read the Alternatives threads - you will find a lot of choices. I am 80% alternative, 20% IP. I use Nashua Nutrition and from them tend to buy Proti-Diet and Proti-Thin (brands) products. They are very similar to IP in nutritional profile. A box of 7 packets costs on average $10.95 and free S&H if you buy over $100., which is about 3 weeks worth of food. Some of their products would be considered unrestricted in IP since they have fewer carbs, for example, the pancake has about 7 carbs, think the oatmeal has 6 carbs, both around 90 or 100 cal. Their soups mix much better with water than IP too. (Really like Proti-Thin Cream of Vegetable Soup and Proti-Diet Pea Soup).

I have a separate choc whey protein powder shake I buy from GNC (Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey in Double Rich Chocolate and its excellent and often on sale - I buy the 5 lb. container and a single serving costs $.75). My husband also uses this right after our workouts.
I did! I found them after i posted.. i started to read them.. it's pretty long but i got a few hints. I think I might just get the ESA carb drinks... that will cut down alot i think. But i also want to talk to my coach and see what she has to say too.. I'm sure that she will advise me not too, but ya never know... my fieance shocked the H out of me today so i guess anything is possilbe!

BTW: i talked to my coach about my sleep thing.. apparently i'm super sensitive to the Cal-Mag's, so she has me only taking all 4 on the weekends and once during the week. And then only taking 2 the other days. I took 2 last night and it was alot easier getting out of bed this morning!

Last edited by mlucas; 04-05-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:06 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

[quote=mlucas;4282122]O it's ok with me! I'm usually the one handing out the mom lecture, and dusting the sugar off everything so people actually hear the dirty truth, so it's nice to get it back. And you are right, by all means. Putting myself 1st... are you kidding me?! What a joke lol especially after the way I grew up and being a single mom.. ha.. i laughed at that for years, still kinda do. But with this IP diet I finally am, and am so happy I did it. I do put money aside for clothes. I stopped using my debt card and started using cash. So all change goes in a jar, and at the end of the week what ever bills i have left, if my son hasn't milked it out of me then it goes in the jar too! And I start the next week fresh. I went home for lunch (i do everyday) and my fieance was there so after our "hot lunch" (sorry if tmi, but it's my work out for the day lmao) i talked to him again about spending, and our finances again and he totally agreed! I almost hit the floor! And he said that he's spent 1st half of the day doing calculations, and applying and so on and that it's his goal to make sure that i get to stay OP and go home to see MA, and my friend! I cried a little bit lol.

Mlucas,
Not to kill a dead horse, but you can save 1/2 to 2/3 or more using alternatives. If you saved $60-70/week, you would have $240-$280/month extra. Over 10 months, that's $2400-$2800. I only bring this up since money is the top reason couples fight and I wouldn't want to see that happen for you.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I found that on most heavy exercise days I was extra hungry so I would have the extra food. I wonder if I really need it...maybe I'd lose more if I didn't have it.

I don't have a coach, so please let us know what your coach says.

Thanks,
Chloe
If you are hungry you need it! Plus, for 90 calories it's pretty much free protein.
It's all timing! My wo is right between my snack and dinner. When I exercise in the morning I usually have the extra packet.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #109  
Started IP 2/28/2012

S/C/G: 235-45%/192/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Mlucas,
Not to kill a dead horse, but you can save 1/2 to 2/3 or more using alternatives. If you saved $60-70/week, you would have $240-$280/month extra. Over 10 months, that's $2400-$2800. I only bring this up since money is the top reason couples fight and I wouldn't want to see that happen for you.
O no that's quite alright... beat that dead horse! Wow.. that is alot.. i havn't been able to really work numbers and really look into it. I was really thinking about the EAS once a day, which in it's self is a pretty good savings. Especially for my morning one. I hate making my drink in the morn. I'm so rushed. No matter how early I wake up... why is that?! lol And I'm all about saving money, so I will be looking into all avenues before taking the plunge! I apprieceiate so much all the info. I love this dang site!
Old 04-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 185/182/120

Height: 5ft1in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful in Canada View Post
It's been amazing....8 weeks ago it looked like a long dark tunnel but it's coming off so fast that I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's faint but it's there lol Keep with it and you will see the amazing results that I have.
Just noticed, by your ticker, that you are almost halfway there!

You should be SO proud of yourself!
Old 04-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Crazy NSV! I was working a convention at a hotel this week and a manager waved and came towards me saying hello. She then said, "Oh I'm sorry, I thought you were Julianne Moore" What??? I definitely DON'T look like her, but I'll take it as a major compliment! Thanks IP!!!!

Last edited by MaMaZu; 04-05-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #112  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
O no that's quite alright... beat that dead horse! Wow.. that is alot.. i havn't been able to really work numbers and really look into it. I was really thinking about the EAS once a day, which in it's self is a pretty good savings. Especially for my morning one. I hate making my drink in the morn. I'm so rushed. No matter how early I wake up... why is that?! lol And I'm all about saving money, so I will be looking into all avenues before taking the plunge! I apprieceiate so much all the info. I love this dang site!
I scoured the alternatives threads and put together a word document of helpful info for myself (the best of the thread). Private message me and I'll email it to you. Also Wuv provided a spreadsheet that compares alternatives to IP products and I kept a copy of htat, can send it to you also (and anyone else that wants these docs). Private message by clicking on my avatar (or name) and you'll see a drop down box with "private message" as an option.

Hope that helps. By the way, there are so many more choices with alternatives, you can really do well with it and still lose the same amount of weight.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #113  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
Crazy NSV! I was working a convention at a hotel this week and a manager waved and came towards me saying hello. She then said, "Oh I'm sorry, I thought you were Julianne Moore" What??? Never in a million years would I have thought that, but I'll take it as a major compliment! Thanks IP!!!!
Oh my!! Is that ever wonderful!
Old 04-05-2012, 04:50 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 197/181/140

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Sounds like you'll have a fun weekend!! It's great to have a target for fitness, weight loss, etc, so your walk in Central Park will be a motivator to keep losing and get stronger - not that you need motivation - but it all helps! Are you going to buy some cute new running shorts for the 5K? A new outfit always motivates me! I already have a Tommy Bahamas sundress in black and white polka dot hanging in my closet - just waiting for me to lose 15-20 pounds and have some hot weather!
A new outfit sounds like a great idea and something to look forward to in June
Old 04-05-2012, 05:33 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Peeps!
Just wanted to jump in to say hello. Lots of great info and good news here today!
I've been OP for 2 1/2 weeks, but for some reason have been really hungry yesterday and today. Do you think its just mind over matter?
- no, its not TOM
Old 04-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Hi Peeps!
Just wanted to jump in to say hello. Lots of great info and good news here today!
I've been OP for 2 1/2 weeks, but for some reason have been really hungry yesterday and today. Do you think its just mind over matter?
- no, its not TOM
I had a horrible bout of TOM cravings yesterday! Well, it's a monthly thing ya know.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:10 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 192.6/179/140

Default IP Recipe question

Hi everyone, I was looking through the recipe section and it looks like lots of great recipes, I was just wondering, when your making a dish like shephards pie how would you measure that out? It has both hamburger and veggies in it would that still be 2 cups? If anyone knows how to measure out these recipes could you let me know how this would work. Is there special rules? Thankyou.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:24 PM   #118  
The time is NOW!

S/C/G: 278.6/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3"

Congrats on all the NSVs & SVs...Wuv, I really hear you about your hip! I have screws in my right ankle and when I am heavier, it often gives me trouble. At my current weight it is problem-free! Yay!

My funny "IP triumph" story from yesterday is that a really strong wind blew one of my pasture gates open and my horses got out. We walked around our "neighborhood" (all 3-5 acres or more) & finally found the naughty mares visiting a herd about 3/4 mile from our house. My daughter & I had to walk through freshly tilled hay fields to get to the horses, & I KNOW I couldn't have done that before IP!

At today's weigh-in I was down another 3.2 lbs. I might not make my Easter goal of total loss of 45 (I'm at 43.4)...but darn I'm close!

Happy 100% OP day
Old 04-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 167/135/120

Height: 5' 3"

Everyone is doing so well! Congratulations to all on your successes! I had an NSV myself today -- renewed my driver's license and for the first time, I think ever, I did not "fudge" my weight. Even tho' I am not at goal yet.

Last edited by Survalia; 04-05-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:52 PM   #120  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survalia View Post
Everyone is doing so well! Congratulations to all on your successes! I had an NSV myself today -- renewed my driver's license and for the first time, I think ever, I did not "fudge" my weight. Even tho' I am not at goal yet.
Like!!! I was thinking about that the other day. I am under what my drivers license says now. I don't have to renew mine for many years, so that is kind of a bummer. I might have to "lose" it so I can get a new one when I am at goal
Closed Thread