Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #46  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeymom40 View Post
Great job on resisting. It's so worth it. Just curious where in VA do you live? I'm in Sterling.
I am near Fredericksburg! Nice to meet you!
Old 04-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #47  

Height: 5'7"

Yay WUV!! That is wonderful!

So, I've discovered Jury Duty and getting in all your water are not conducive, yikes.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Yay wuv, that's amazing news!!!

And thankfully I have a subway in my building so I'll see if I can give that a try as well. Chicken on salad plus oil and vinegar will certainly help!
Old 04-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #49  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Thanks Chloe222. I know this site is going to help. It already has.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Do you have the protocol sheet yet? this gives you a menu of what your day looks like with the options. If you don't have it I can attach it for you here, just let me know
not here with me .... can you PLEASE attach the sheet and I will put in on my Android so I can have it with me everywhere I go and I can study it ..

thank you sooo much
Old 04-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #51  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
I made it! My first goal of 40 lbs and today I made it! I lost 4 lbs this last week which was a great loss considering most of my losses are 1-3 lbs a week, and it was TOM! I am very excited!
Fantastic job

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBig View Post
I start IP on Monday the 9th....

On Tues (after I purchased my starter kit....) I decided I wanted to "get ready" for my IP start date.

I didnt want "this" to be a shock to my system... mentally and physically ...

this is what I have begun doing...
1.Increasing my water intake. Drinking 8oz soon as I wake up.
2. Making sure I eat a conscious breakfast
3. NOT munching at my desk...
4. stretching out my time in between breakfast and lunch
5. CUT OUT ALL FAST FOOD

so... Im driving to work this morning ... and Im rather HUNGRY... Mickey Ds to left of me , Burger King and Dunkin Donuts EVERYWHERE... I go in Royal farms, purchase a HUGE smart water and a banana.

Im drinking hot tea between meals to compensate the munching.

for me its not being hungry ... its the oral HABIT of gotta chew gum, or munch on mints, or a health bar, or nuts, or rice cakes , always MUNCHING on healthy snacks n' stuff... but always munching... Thats my goal Im working on now.

I ate @ 9am... right now Im drinking my water ... and that seems to be satisfying my oral habit.

Its gonna be HARD not to chew gum or mints, tho... So I think Im going to buy some fresh mint( the herb) so I can chew on it if I HAVE to.

getting my mind right yall ....

cant wait to be OP!!!!
You're smart for thinking ahead and getting ready. Also by cutting back on the carbs now will help when you go through the carb withdrawals which can get nasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navydocmom View Post
Disappointing WI 6, only lost 0.6 lbs. This is my TOM week, so I guess I need to consider that. As long as I'm not gaining, I'm glad. Tomorrow is my 40th bday and I'm not cheating - gonna be 100% OP. I got a chocolate muffin pkg to make my "bday cake" with. So hopefully things will be looking up next WI

Have a wonderful day!!!
Happy 40th! I bet next week the scale will gift you with a good loss.

Quote:
So as Im prepping for my Monday Start Date ... the only thing that is concerning me is getting a regimen together... seems a lil complicated as far as getting a regimen togehter.

thats what is worrying me. can anyone tell me what there W1 menu's looked like. Im going to spend Sunday prepping my food for the week.
It's really not complicated at all, it's just that at first it seems like a lot of information. I'm very much a creature of habit, so many days I have the same thing.
Breakfast: bar and a big cup of tea
Lunch: soup, or a RTD (ready to drink). I also put together some veggies or I make a salad.
Dinner: 8oz of protein and veggies (usually roasted)
Snack before bed: vanilla pudding shake.
And of course lots of water through out the day.
You will get the hang of this really quickly. Good luck to you, and you will love IP.

Last edited by DanafromAustin; 04-05-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #52  
Started IP 2/28/2012

S/C/G: 235-45%/192/130

Height: 5'4

After reading IPdivajen's comment... What are other IP alternitives? It's getting pricey to stay OP. I know that it is much cheaper than the other diets, but was curious how I could save a little bit. I have a fieance that likes to spend money and for some reason has NO IDEA how to save! (frustrating) But at this rate, may not be able to stay OP, money is getting tight. I don't want to quite because of money. I've seen such great results... i'm actually very worried about it that way. Any suggestions??? PLEASE?
Old 04-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #53  

Quote:
I just got done at my Hip Dr.....he said WOW....you are walking WITH NO LIMP!...I said YES!..he said amazing!!!...11 months ago I could barely walk today I can walk FAST!...hahaha....LOVE IP!....he has been seeing me every 3 months for the past 11 months. He said today, I don't need to see you again unless you start having pain again!!!....WOOHOO!!!!.....SUPER EXCITED about that!!....that mean....NOOOOOO hip replacement!!!...woohooooooooooo[/COLOR]
That's fantastic!!
Old 04-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Fantastic job

You're smart for thinking ahead and getting ready. Also by cutting back on the carbs now will help when you go through the carb withdrawals which can get nasty.

Happy 40th! I bet next week the scale will gift you with a good loss.

It's really not complicated at all, it's just that at first it seems like a lot of information. I'm very much a creature of habit, so many days I have the same thing.
Breakfast: bar and a big cup of tea
Lunch: soup, or a RTD (ready to drink), or soup. I also put together some veggies or I make a salad.
Dinner: 8oz of protein and veggies (usually roasted)
Snack before bed: vanilla pudding shake.
And of course lots of water through out the day.
You will get the hang of this really quickly. Good luck to you, and you will love IP.

this helps a great deal .... it is aLOT of info to grasp ...

I feel a lil less anxious
Old 04-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
After reading IPdivajen's comment... What are other IP alternitives? It's getting pricey to stay OP. I know that it is much cheaper than the other diets, but was curious how I could save a little bit. I have a fieance that likes to spend money and for some reason has NO IDEA how to save! (frustrating) But at this rate, may not be able to stay OP, money is getting tight. I don't want to quite because of money. I've seen such great results... i'm actually very worried about it that way. Any suggestions??? PLEASE?
I buy IP foods for both my daughter and I, so it does get a little expensive. I want to stay on IP foods, but I did start a long time ago buying the EAS RTD instead of IP's and I also buy my own supplements. I figured cutting back here and there would help in the weekly cost.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:17 PM   #56  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
this helps a great deal .... it is aLOT of info to grasp ...

I feel a lil less anxious
Like Dana said its quite easy I keep it simple....
Breakfast- restricted (puffs or bar) 2 cups of coffee
Lunch - IP packet 2 cups of veggies
Dinner - 8oz meat 2 cups of veggies
Snack - IP Packet
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IP Phase 1 _ 2011 revisions (1).pdf (78.4 KB, 14 views)
Old 04-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Remember if you are stepping up the gym to add 1/2 packet before and after your workout because you will probably burn more than we take in our entire day!
I see this advice given, but has your coach ever actually told you this? Mine didn't, although she said I could have another packet if I wanted...
Most of the time I don't and I have never lost any muscle mass...

Just wondering if this is the actual ip advice...I will ask my coach next week!
Old 04-05-2012, 12:19 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 243/197/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
I see this advice given, but has your coach ever actually told you this? Mine didn't, although she said I could have another packet if I wanted...
Most of the time I don't and I have never lost any muscle mass...

Just wondering if this is the actual ip advice...I will ask my coach next week!
My coach has told me to, my mom's has as well.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:21 PM   #59  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
If he likes to spend money then YOU need to give yourself AN ALLOWANCE each week for food. Take your amount out BEFORE he sees the money. YOU OWE yourself this, it is worth every cent. At least the money you are spending is on something you can see results with and KEEP FOR A LIFETIME!!!..I am sure what he is spending money on is on just "stuff". I have no problems with others using alternatives but in your case, I would spend the money ON ME!....My mom pays for my food that is the only way I could do it. I thank her each week for this, she has help me get my life back and she has gotten her daughter back after many many years. I do not mean any disrespect toward your guy by no means, I just think YOU need to think about YOU cuz he is only thinking about HIMSELF!
Old 04-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #60  

S/C/G: restart: 212/196.4/150

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning!

You know what I love? I love seeing all those little icons representing 5 pounds lost. Wow, if you read a thread just skimming for the little 5 pounder guys, it's soooooooo encouraging! Strengthens the resolve to stay OP. Someday soon, I'll be able to add mine.

My WI is today and I am so excited. A few days ago, I was going a little bit crazy checking the scale, so I put it away. I got it out this morning and I was very pleased. It was so nice to see more of a drop than a trickle down. I hope my coaches scale says the same thing!

I have been having a stressful morning; my kids are herding up just like a bunch of feral cats. But, I'm not going to eat in response!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread