Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Can you run out at lunch to a walmart? They have pure protein bars and shakes that some folks use on the non-ip alternatives plan. Heard the Pure Protien bar in "S'mores" flavor, tastes like a Milky Way when its frozen.

If you have a cafeteria at your disposal, see if you can get 2 hard boiled eggs.
Ooooh, smart on the hard boiled eggs. Can definitely get those. And I could buy a salad but have no dressing. Gah.

I have a pharmacy in my building that sells protein bars - I might have to go for one of those in a pinch. Will take a peek at the nutritional info on the IP bars and try to get something as close to it as possible.

Thanks for the suggestions, ladies!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:28 AM   #17  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
I made it! My first goal of 40 lbs and today I made it! I lost 4 lbs this last week which was a great loss considering most of my losses are 1-3 lbs a week, and it was TOM! I am very excited!
Congratulations!!!!! You are rocking IP.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:28 AM   #18  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmy View Post
Happy Thursday!
Congrats to all those losses out there! You guys rock!

almost lost it last night...... almost ate a slice of cake! ekkk! And my thought process was if you are going to blow get a big ole hunkin slice! But I did not, went to bed and had my shake before going to sleep. But that danged ole cake was actually singing to me...."come and get me , you know you want to, it wont hurt ya" in the smoothest Barry White voice. UGGGGGG! Got up and took another shower and finally went back to sleep.
I am scared I am going to loose it! Help a sister out!
You did great by not giving in. You have come this far, you dont want to blow it now. That cake just aint worth your time. If it is still there.... THROW IT OUT. You wont hear the singing from the trash can. lol
Old 04-05-2012, 09:33 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 185/182/120

Height: 5ft1in

Quote:
Happy Thursday!

almost lost it last night...... almost ate a slice of cake! ekkk! And my thought process was if you are going to blow get a big ole hunkin slice! But I did not, went to bed and had my shake before going to sleep. But that danged ole cake was actually singing to me...."come and get me , you know you want to, it wont hurt ya" in the smoothest Barry White voice. UGGGGGG! Got up and took another shower and finally went back to sleep.
I'm assuming you have cake in the house for other family members. Are they supportive? Can you get them to either hide it and not partake in front of you until you feel your willpower return? Try to focus not on the SECONDS the pleasure would last, BUT on the hours of days the quilt and set-back would.

Be proud of how you handled the situation last night. You can do this!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 185/182/120

Height: 5ft1in

Quote:
I made it! My first goal of 40 lbs and today I made it! I lost 4 lbs this last week which was a great loss considering most of my losses are 1-3 lbs a week, and it was TOM! I am very excited!
Awesome! Keep up the great work!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:38 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 207/181/135 started IP 3/23/12

My neighbor came over and she said she cant believe I AM 100% OP with all the snacks in my house. I told her because when you get to that point you realize there isnt anything in this house that I cant rebuy or recook at a later date. The food will always be there.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:42 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 200/200/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Happy Thursday!

Congrats to everyone on such great losses! Makes your day so exciting! Ducksmy - I know how those things can be SOOO tempting. Great job on not giving into it. It can be hard when everyone else is eating all those "yummy" things but I always think is it really worth losing all the work I did this week? More power to you in the future! Hope all goes well for everyone today!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:59 AM   #23  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Ugh. I have been struggling this week. I am feeling tired and hungry almost every day. I started walking for 30 minutes a day a week ago. I am drinking an extra non-restricted on the days I walk, but I feel dizzy afterwards. This is strange to me. Has this happened to anyone else? And my weight has not moved much this week. I have my WI tomorrow and I think it is going to be less than 1 lb. I have stayed OP 100%. This is week 6 for me.............
Old 04-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 177/147/125

Height: 4'11"

~Happy Thursday .. Wishing everyone a great day OP.. I weigh in tonight.. Looking forward to getting the results. Hoping to be less than 20 lbs to loss after tonight.. Fingers crossed !!!
Old 04-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

Default Prepping my mind body and soul for IP on Monday

I start IP on Monday the 9th....

On Tues (after I purchased my starter kit....) I decided I wanted to "get ready" for my IP start date.

I didnt want "this" to be a shock to my system... mentally and physically ...

this is what I have begun doing...
1.Increasing my water intake. Drinking 8oz soon as I wake up.
2. Making sure I eat a conscious breakfast
3. NOT munching at my desk...
4. stretching out my time in between breakfast and lunch
5. CUT OUT ALL FAST FOOD

so... Im driving to work this morning ... and Im rather HUNGRY... Mickey Ds to left of me , Burger King and Dunkin Donuts EVERYWHERE... I go in Royal farms, purchase a HUGE smart water and a banana.

Im drinking hot tea between meals to compensate the munching.

for me its not being hungry ... its the oral HABIT of gotta chew gum, or munch on mints, or a health bar, or nuts, or rice cakes , always MUNCHING on healthy snacks n' stuff... but always munching... Thats my goal Im working on now.

I ate @ 9am... right now Im drinking my water ... and that seems to be satisfying my oral habit.

Its gonna be HARD not to chew gum or mints, tho... So I think Im going to buy some fresh mint( the herb) so I can chew on it if I HAVE to.

getting my mind right yall ....

cant wait to be OP!!!!
Old 04-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #26  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Ugh. I have been struggling this week. I am feeling tired and hungry almost every day. I started walking for 30 minutes a day a week ago. I am drinking an extra non-restricted on the days I walk, but I feel dizzy afterwards. This is strange to me. Has this happened to anyone else? And my weight has not moved much this week. I have my WI tomorrow and I think it is going to be less than 1 lb. I have stayed OP 100%. This is week 6 for me.............
Your BP is low and so are your electrolytes....add some sea salt to your day....put it in the palm of your hand, lick it off then drink water....dizzness will go away!
Old 04-05-2012, 10:22 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Your BP is low and so are your electrolytes....add some sea salt to your day....put it in the palm of your hand, lick it off then drink water....dizzness will go away!

wuv".... I have seen you say this over and over again to the chickadee's experiencing this...

does it REALLY work?
Old 04-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #28  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Morning, all.

I'm so dumb. Finally back at work today after being away and I only packed a chocolate drink for food today. Gah! Had my shake in the car on the way to work but I usually have/need a pudding and a bar during the day to make it through. How am I going to do this?
Can you get to a Shoppers Drug Mart? I found ProtiDiet bars there that several of the IP 'alternative product' dieters have been using. The peanut butter bar is yummy. They also sell Atkins shakes, but I've noticed they generally run higher in fat that the IP drink mixes.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #29  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Awesome work! I am half an hour early for my weekly meeting. I have to use my doctor's scale still. I stopped by on the way in and I am down another 5# for a total of 25 today marks my first week. I know most of it was fluid but I am so excited.

I jogged up the stairs at my doctots office, at least 20 stairs, something I wouldn't have dreamed of last week. And when I was at the top I wasn't gasping for breath. I was smiling. The extra fluid has been making breathing tough.

So OP! OP! OP! For me.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:38 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Awesome work! I am half an hour early for my weekly meeting. I have to use my doctor's scale still. I stopped by on the way in and I am down another 5# for a total of 25 today marks my first week. I know most of it was fluid but I am so excited.

I jogged up the stairs at my doctots office, at least 20 stairs, something I wouldn't have dreamed of last week. And when I was at the top I wasn't gasping for breath. I was smiling. The extra fluid has been making breathing tough.

So OP! OP! OP! For me.
Congrats on the great loss and that jog up the stairs!! Great work!

Look forward to hearing more of your successes!
Closed Thread