Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 12:01 PM   #106  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie773 View Post
Hi everyone, can I eat canned tuna? I forgot to ask my coach about it.
If you are eating the individual packets of tuna there isn't 8oz in it, so you may consider having a boiled egg or 2 with it just to make sure you are getting all of your protein in it. If you are splitting up your protein with lunch and dinner then you should be fine with just the tuna. I know a can of tuna is only like 3-4oz when you weigh it. Just a suggestion
Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Finished Day 1 with no significant problems. I really enjoyed the cappuchino drink and the dark choc pudding. And the chocolate drink (which I had as my bedtime snack) was to die for... absolutely yummers. So thick and creamy. I had the plain omelette with lunch, with salad and veggies. I was kind of iffy on the omelette... but it certainly was filling. Maybe something to do with how I cooked it. I'm not much of an omelette person generally - anybody got any tips on how they make them?

When I got up this morning, I immediately drank 2 glasses of water, and then had a packet of crispy cereal - reminds me of rice krispies... and as I type this I'm enjoying a cup of oolong tea. (I'm pretty sure oolong tea is a type of green tea, right? ... so the 'drink 1 extra glass of water to compensate for each cup of coffee/tea rule doesn't apply for this??) I can see where I'll probably wean myself off of coffee and regular varieties of black tea, because at this point I have enough difficulty drinking 8 glasses of water, without having to add to that. Thankfully I've at least partially weaned myself off of caffeine over the past months, so I shouldn't have any significant caffeine withdrawal symptoms. Fingers crossed.

Anyway ... Day 2... here I come. (I love this little 'carrot guy'

BTW... is there any form of diuretic in the protein packs? I know I drank a lot of water yesterday and was certainly expecting I'd need to urinate frequently, but I felt like I was constanting running to the loo to do *number 1*. Last count, I was up 5X last night for that same reason.
You drink so much water that is why you are going to the 'Loo" so much. Your body gets used of it after a while but at first its like you are in there every 5 minutes. It does get better.....lol
Old 03-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Long time no post everyone. I am back from being away from home for the last 3 weeks. Feels so good to be home!!! I did awesome while I was away. I had my week 4 weigh in yesterday (my birthday too) I am down a total of 16.8 pounds and 14.25 inches and I feel amazing!!! I had a few hard days while traveling and didn't get all my veggies or salt in on several days, but it was pretty easy to travel while OP. I was in a plane and a car for at least 12 of the 3 weeks. And in Las Vegas for 4 of the days. I am so proud of myself and I feel so in control of myself for the first time in 20 years. IP has been amazing to me and I am so glad I started it. My best friend started IP 2 weeks ago. We had a lovely steak dinner with roasted cauliflower last night for my birthday dinner. I am glad to be back on here so I can read all of your inspiring stories. Just want anyone who might be affraid to travel to know IT CAN BE DONE!!! Preperation is all you need. Hope everyone has a great weekend. My husband is taking me to a jucuzzi suite at a local hotel tonight to celebrate my birthday

Congratulations on doing so well while traveling!! Which particular foods helped you the most?

Happy birthday!! I'm smiling as I write this - so sweet of your husband to plan something so romantic!

Chloe
Old 03-25-2012, 12:20 PM   #108  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Wow. Thanks. That explains a lot. I have been 100% OP but am losing slowly and I been afraid I'm not getting enough protein, but there is no way to tell since they do not use anything but a scale and tape measure. It's a small rural chirporactor and both husband and wife started on IP only a couple weeks before they offered at their office when I started. Now I'm hearing from her that she's not even taking the program seriously any more and cheats most of the time. Obviously, it's just money to them. I hate that there is no where else to go and I have lots of back problems and need not to give up him as my chiropractor. Story of my life. I will have to ponder on a solution to this.
Hi Wing,
Let us know what you find out. I'm doing this w/o a coach. I'll google the topic later and post what I find out as well.

thanks,
Chloe
Old 03-25-2012, 12:26 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Hello All!
It's a cold gray day outside, so I'm house cleaning. (Or should be, but in fact I'm playing on the boards. tee hee)
Made the most delicious lime garlic shrimp with peas (weekly restriction) and red bell peppers for dinner last night. I took a recipe I had and just omitted the ingredients that don't comply. It was delish! So far my hubby is LOVING this diet! LOL
Headed for my first weigh in tomorrow and am very worried about it. I know y'all are going to tell me that if I've been 100% OP (I have been!) that I will be fine, but I really don't feel like I've lost anything. :-( I'm finding that I can actually live with the limitations and I'm enjoying the program, so there is this nasty voice making me wonder if I'm the only freak that this program won't work for...
Anyway... Wishing you all a great day OP!!!
Old 03-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #110  

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Hello everyone. I've been lurking here for a few days, while I decided whether or not to go ahead with the IP program. And my decision was.... GO FOR IT.

Signed up yesterday, and got my IP packages, etc. Going out shortly to grocery shop for the additional 'real food' items I'll be needing over the next few days. I can already tell that I've got a strict coach, but a good one.

So - this is Day 1. I really enjoyed my Cappuchino Drink this morning for breakfast, and I'm going to have the Herb & Cheese Omelette with the veggies/lettuce, etc. for lunch.

I love this forum. You guys are so helpful, and the 'seniors' are so knowledgeable. I can see where this is going to be a major motivational tool. I'm sure you'll be hearing from me often.
Welcome!! You have made such a good choice! This is really the easiest diet since there are a fair number of choices on foods and the losses are pretty rapid. Staying 100% on program (OP) will truly maximize losses. The older threads on this website and the "stickys" are full of sage advice. Also the first post on the "Daily" thread always has a link to the free download of Dr. Chanh's book (IP diet founder) so you can easily access it. I read it over 3 days - this would be a good use of your time.

Look forward to hearing your successes and questions,
Chloe
Old 03-25-2012, 12:37 PM   #111  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I posted this in another thread but thought I would repost if here for those that don't read some of the new threads that are opened....

We all go through different losses each week, some have little or stall week and some of us keep going and going and way down the road have little or stall weeks. It all in our bodies and how they want to let the weight go. All we can do is be prepared for it when it does come. After being on the program for 11months now, I live week to week with knowing that I may or may not lose what I am expecting. I just stay on the program 100% and follow my sheet, the weight and inches sometimes choose to come off at the same time, sometimes at different times. This last week I gained 2lbs but lost an inch, how in the world could that happen right? Well its just my body reshaping again. I know some of you get frustrated when you have little or no losses but even though its not showing on the scale or the tape measure, your clothes are fitting different I can almost guarantee it and you are feeling 150% better than you did before.

Some of you may have a little to lose some of you a lot to lose, hang in there for the long run this is the BEST program ever. If I could be a Representative for IP and travel around the world to let everyone know how this program can and will change your life I would do it in a heart beat. I BELIEVE in IP with all of my heart, it has changed my life forever and I will NEVER EVER GO BACK TO WHO I WAS, this program has given me A NEW ME AND I AM LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!!
Old 03-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #112  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Hi Wing,
Let us know what you find out. I'm doing this w/o a coach. I'll google the topic later and post what I find out as well.

thanks,
Chloe
Hi Chloe,

Lots of people responded to this post. I've been given some great info. I plan to research the scale. Bethany has offered up a spreadsheet she uses.

Haven't done any of this since I have to fit in eight hours of work at home work today and I struggled with my fluid restriction test yesterday and went to bed real early and have not had the time to spend searching. I'm not a weigh at home person, but the scale may be something I will need to make it through my remaining weight loss. We'll keep in touch and find a good solution to this.

Back to work on my work computer.

Molly
Old 03-25-2012, 12:40 PM   #113  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
I forgot to mention that while I was traveling my brother-in-law passed away suddenly and my nephews wife had a baby boy. Such a wild range of emotions. My brother-in-law did not get to see his first Grandson by a few days. My sister is only 45 years old
I am so sorry to hear about the death of your brother in law. How tragic. My prayers are with your family.

Congratulations on the birth of your nephew's son. So wonderful in itself, but as you said, what a bittersweet time.
Chloe
Old 03-25-2012, 12:41 PM   #114  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackieak View Post
Does anyone take the collagen Biosil? Think I read a few posts where some were taking a supplement, I saw Biosil at the health food store and am considering it.
Made the vanilla pudding last night, doubled the water and added cinnamon, awesome refreshing shake!
I use Great Lakes protein collagen. I did my research, and this was the brand recommended due to the high quality of collagen. It's a powder that I add to my vanilla pudding shake every night. 5oz of water, vanilla pudding powder, 8 ice cubes, 2 tbs. of collagen, and cinnamon. Put it in my Magic Bullet, and enjoy a thick shake every night. I'm one happy IP camper.
Not sure if the collagen will work in the end, but it was recommended to help with the loose skin issue. In the meantime my skin, nails and hair have never looked better.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:44 PM   #115  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbezanis View Post
So encouraging to read everyone's posts. This week has been difficult for me, but yesterday I regained my footing and am now back on track. Willpower has never been my strong suit. IP does make it easier though.

This weekend I have lots of running around to do for my 2nd job. I am visiting 2 wineries on the east-side where I will be showing my artwork. Picking up art work at another winery in town. Framing a portrait I just completed for the play "Harvey" and delivering it and another unframed portrait tomorrow to the theatre.

I was afraid the weekends would be difficult because they are not as structured as the work week, but preparing my meals in advance and taking them with me was key to not cheating.

Have a wonderful weekend everybody!
Sounds like you have a fun weekend going! You look like an artist too. Glad the program is working for you. Keep up the good work!
Old 03-25-2012, 01:09 PM   #116  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishas View Post
I'm just doing alternatives for IP and I use a scale that will give your body fat composition.

It's an "Omron Full Body Sensor Body Composition Monitor and Scale". The scale shows your weight in tenths of a pound and has a removable display that you can pull up past your waist, it makes it really easy to see and use. Plus I use"Myotape" to measure myself - it's a tape measure that hooks onto the end for more accurate measuring. For my arms, I make a loop then pull it up and tighten it. I got both on Amazon.

So you don't have to do all the calculations yourself. I weigh myself every morning and if my weight goes up - I can immediately figure out why. I'll then think about what I had or didn't have yesterday to figure out the difference. For instance, I had a MIO drink and my weight went up 1 lb. the next day. I thought it was a fluke and the following week I had another MIO drink and it happened again.

By the way, my daughter's in-laws health insurance just changed their deductible to be based on your BMI! So they're busy trying to lose fat to get their BMI's down.
Amazon has an Omoron scale (HBF-514C) for $69 and free S&H. Pretty good reviews.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:15 PM   #117  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirlinLA View Post
for all those who have bowel problems.. try massaging your tummy in a CLOCKWISE (only)motion..being a Licensed Massage Therapist i know this does wonders for the bowels... i usually start off by putting my hands on each side with fingers pointing towards middle of tummy then give gentle pushes inwards..doing this from rib cage to hips..then start the CLOCKWISE circular motion..make it large over the entire ab area... DO NOT GO COUNTERCLOCKWISE.. otherwise you will back up!!!!
Welcome and thank you for this tip. How long do I do this? And it is gentle pressure the whole time? I know myself I might over do it.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #118  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

So I had told myself no new jeans while on this diet. I had been getting some new tops because it takes a while to build your wardrobe and I have some jeans in several sizes (sizes I rarely wore and hoped to get to at one time) but not enough tops so slowly I have gotten a few tight tops here and there.

Something made me try on jeans. And it was like Goldlocks. Ambitiously (because of my home tests) I tried on a down-the-line size and no luck. Then I tried on a maybe size and still no luck. I was like hmm, maybe I am too ambitious yet. So, I tried on another brand. See, for the last maybe 7 years or so I have only worn one brand. It fit and worked with me as a I grew so when I shrunk before I sized down in the same brand but it failed me yesterday. These new jeans fit and slimmed and were flattering in a way I had not seen before. Sort of reshaped me like the diet did or worked well with my new IP shape which I was having trouble getting used to because of how some of my clothes fit. It's not negative but different. When I tried on these new jeans, I was like whoa and had to get them even though my rule was no new bottoms now. They were also 2 sizes smaller than what I went in wearing which was interesting in itself. I think that is a form of trickery but I will take it. Now these are mostly jeans that I will have to wear with heels because of my height but that is okay because it will further the slimming aspect. The clothes trying on thing is still weird but I am making myself do it every week or two because I honestly cannot look at something anymore and see if it will fit my size or frame or shape. I have been suprisingly disappointed but even more pleasantly surprised.

Size is relative. If something familiar does not work. Keep trying. There's something out there bound to flatter and enhance your newly emerging figure.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:30 PM   #119  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
I use Great Lakes protein collagen. I did my research, and this was the brand recommended due to the high quality of collagen. It's a powder that I add to my vanilla pudding shake every night. 5oz of water, vanilla pudding powder, 8 ice cubes, 2 tbs. of collagen, and cinnamon. Put it in my Magic Bullet, and enjoy a thick shake every night. I'm one happy IP camper.
Not sure if the collagen will work in the end, but it was recommended to help with the loose skin issue. In the meantime my skin, nails and hair have never looked better.
Hi Dana,

Read this when you posted it the other day and have ordered the Great Lakes collagen. Having to loose 100+ lbs and being in my 60s, I need all the help I can get with loose skin. for the recommendation.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Hello all! I love weekends. I cleaned and did laundry that was far over due. I love a clean house! I sure wish I could be at home everyday for lunch though. I made fin's zucchini omelet "French Toast" and OMG it seems to be getting better every time. I use 2 cups of shredded zucchini so it counts as my lunch veggie. Yummmm

Have a great Sunday everyone!
Closed Thread