Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 10:05 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Long time no post everyone. I am back from being away from home for the last 3 weeks. Feels so good to be home!!! I did awesome while I was away. I had my week 4 weigh in yesterday (my birthday too) I am down a total of 16.8 pounds and 14.25 inches and I feel amazing!!! I had a few hard days while traveling and didn't get all my veggies or salt in on several days, but it was pretty easy to travel while OP. I was in a plane and a car for at least 12 of the 3 weeks. And in Las Vegas for 4 of the days. I am so proud of myself and I feel so in control of myself for the first time in 20 years. IP has been amazing to me and I am so glad I started it. My best friend started IP 2 weeks ago. We had a lovely steak dinner with roasted cauliflower last night for my birthday dinner. I am glad to be back on here so I can read all of your inspiring stories. Just want anyone who might be affraid to travel to know IT CAN BE DONE!!! Preperation is all you need. Hope everyone has a great weekend. My husband is taking me to a jucuzzi suite at a local hotel tonight to celebrate my birthday
Congratulations!! Away from home for 3 weeks and still stayed OP and lost- very impressive!! And a great inspiration for me... I'm going to Los Angeles with a girls friend for only 4 days (to go to a taping if Ellen!) and I've been nervous about staying OP. I feel like I'm in the groove and doing so well- I want to maintain control and continue loosing!! I keep saying to myself "but i want to go and have a good time".... The lifelong question for me~ does enjoyment always have to come from food or splurging? (although I'd really LOVE to have a few drinks and enjoy california is wine....)
Old 03-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #92  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Good morning everyone. The sun is out and it's going to be another beautiful day here in Austin. I hope everyone has a good 100% OP day.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:13 AM   #93  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey36 View Post
Congratulations!! Away from home for 3 weeks and still stayed OP and lost- very impressive!! And a great inspiration for me... I'm going to Los Angeles with a girls friend for only 4 days (to go to a taping if Ellen!) and I've been nervous about staying OP. I feel like I'm in the groove and doing so well- I want to maintain control and continue loosing!! I keep saying to myself "but i want to go and have a good time".... The lifelong question for me~ does enjoyment always have to come from food or splurging? (although I'd really LOVE to have a few drinks and enjoy California is wine....)
Don't stop your groove! You can go on vacation and still stay OP. I have done it twice (cruise ship was one of them). My only advice is to perhaps do phase 2 for the days you are gone. It's easier when traveling, and I know for me I still lost weight both times I did it. I'm from CA and I know how good the wine is, but the nice thing is once you are done with the diet you can always buy CA wine at a store. So go and have fun, just don't sacrifice all of your success in the name of fun.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #94  
IP start 3/18/12

S/C/G: 224.9/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone, can I eat canned tuna? I forgot to ask my coach about it.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:15 AM   #95  
Started IP 3/26/12

Thumbs up Day 2 here...

Finished Day 1 with no significant problems. I really enjoyed the cappuchino drink and the dark choc pudding. And the chocolate drink (which I had as my bedtime snack) was to die for... absolutely yummers. So thick and creamy. I had the plain omelette with lunch, with salad and veggies. I was kind of iffy on the omelette... but it certainly was filling. Maybe something to do with how I cooked it. I'm not much of an omelette person generally - anybody got any tips on how they make them?

When I got up this morning, I immediately drank 2 glasses of water, and then had a packet of crispy cereal - reminds me of rice krispies... and as I type this I'm enjoying a cup of oolong tea. (I'm pretty sure oolong tea is a type of green tea, right? ... so the 'drink 1 extra glass of water to compensate for each cup of coffee/tea rule doesn't apply for this??) I can see where I'll probably wean myself off of coffee and regular varieties of black tea, because at this point I have enough difficulty drinking 8 glasses of water, without having to add to that. Thankfully I've at least partially weaned myself off of caffeine over the past months, so I shouldn't have any significant caffeine withdrawal symptoms. Fingers crossed.

Anyway ... Day 2... here I come. (I love this little 'carrot guy'

BTW... is there any form of diuretic in the protein packs? I know I drank a lot of water yesterday and was certainly expecting I'd need to urinate frequently, but I felt like I was constanting running to the loo to do *number 1*. Last count, I was up 5X last night for that same reason.

Last edited by evepet; 03-25-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:16 AM   #96  

Height: 5 9`

Hammertime, i`m in the same boat as you, when i started this journey

never even knew then...i started Jan. 4th, weighing in at 232, now i`m

191.5, not sure what i want to weigh...my height is 5 10 inches

i`m only setting goals every 10 pounds, to see and how i feel with

the weight, so i`m thinking for me around the low 180`s..

but then again, i`ll see when i get there...notice big change in my clothes

right now...have a great week-end all, what`s left of it.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:28 AM   #97  
Starting again 6/9/13

S/C/G: (S)180/(C)171/(G)155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Laura B View Post
Happy Sunday morning!!! Enjoying my Coffee/Vanilla drink this morning and prepping for the day ahead.

After reading some other posts, I think I will head to BB&B today for a microwave chip crisper LOL. I have a job interview this week and my suit jacket still doesn't fit (grrr....), but I don't want to spend too much money on a new suit yet, so I am hitting the thrift stores to see what I can find....

Heading downtown today for a day of bowling with the gang from work (trying to decide what OP snack to take with me) and hoping to hit Trader Joes while I am downtown for a few things too.

It's gonna be a wonderful OP day!!!
Laura, what size of jacket do you need and where do you live? I have some size 12's that I can send to you! I'll overnight if need be!
Old 03-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #98  

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie773 View Post
Hi everyone, can I eat canned tuna? I forgot to ask my coach about it.
Yes! Just make sure the tuna is canned in water and not oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Finished Day 1 with no significant problems. I really enjoyed the cappuchino drink and the dark choc pudding. And the chocolate drink (which I had as my bedtime snack) was to die for... absolutely yummers. So thick and creamy. I had the plain omelette with lunch, with salad and veggies. I was kind of iffy on the omelette... but it certainly was filling. Maybe something to do with how I cooked it. I'm not much of an omelette person generally - anybody got any tips on how they make them?

When I got up this morning, I immediately drank 2 glasses of water, and then had a packet of crispy cereal - reminds me of rice krispies... and as I type this I'm enjoying a cup of oolong tea. (I'm pretty sure oolong tea is a type of green tea, right? ... so the 'drink 1 extra glass of water to compensate for each cup of coffee/tea rule doesn't apply for this??) I can see where I'll probably wean myself off of coffee and regular varieties of black tea, because at this point I have enough difficulty drinking 8 glasses of water, without having to add to that. Thankfully I've at least partially weaned myself off of caffeine over the past months, so I shouldn't have any significant caffeine withdrawal symptoms. Fingers crossed.

Anyway ... Day 2... here I come. (I love this little 'carrot guy'

BTW... is there any form of diuretic in the protein packs? I know I drank a lot of water yesterday and was certainly expecting I'd need to urinate frequently, but I felt like I was constanting running to the loo to do *number 1*. Last count, I was up 5X last night for that same reason.
As long as the tea is herbal/decaf it's like water. It's the caffeine that's the problem. Your body will adjust to all of the water eventually. Just keep drinking it. In the beginning I was constantly having to get up during the night. Now it's generally only once per night.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:05 AM   #99  
IP start 3/18/12

S/C/G: 224.9/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Yes! Just make sure the tuna is canned in water and not oil.

As long as the tea is herbal/decaf it's like water. It's the caffeine that's the problem. Your body will adjust to all of the water eventually. Just keep drinking it. In the beginning I was constantly having to get up during the night. Now it's generally only once per night.
Thank you! I hate the oil stuff and I have those tuna lunch packets and I like them on my salad but wasn't sure if they were allowed
Old 03-25-2012, 11:25 AM   #100  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post

Thanks. While I'm not big on a lot of green teas I've tried, I actually enjoy the taste of oolong.... so happy that it doesn't mean I have to drink even more water to compensate for it. (slosh-slosh).
Old 03-25-2012, 11:29 AM   #101  
Jackieak

S/C/G: 147/135/118

Height: 5'1

Does anyone take the collagen Biosil? Think I read a few posts where some were taking a supplement, I saw Biosil at the health food store and am considering it.
Made the vanilla pudding last night, doubled the water and added cinnamon, awesome refreshing shake!
Old 03-25-2012, 11:37 AM   #102  

I struggled a lot this week (see Allergy on IP) but lost another pound
Keep up the good attitudes and lots of good thoughts for the coming week
Old 03-25-2012, 11:39 AM   #103  
Jag23

S/C/G: 177 Goal weight 140

Height: 5"1"

Its Sunday morning and the day looks like its going to be beautiful. I had a great OP day yesterday,and did some stretching exerises and cycled for about 1 hr,along with raking the yard.

Just had pancakes for breakfast with WF pancake syrup,and I liked the flavor of the syrup. I felt I was being bad!

Today plan on getting more cycling in and maybe a 7k walk,along with the stretching exercises. I am sooooo happy that I'm back OP. I am going to visit my youngest daughter April 1st and she hasn't seen me at this weight since she was 4 yrs old. That would be 24 yrs ago! Only 5 lbs left to my goal,but I might change it,not sure. I feel fantasic and this way of eating ROCKS.

All the best everyone
Old 03-25-2012, 11:51 AM   #104  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag23 View Post
Just had pancakes for breakfast with WF pancake syrup,and I liked the flavor of the syrup. I felt I was being bad!
Don't you just love it when you know you're OP, but it tastes like you're cheating.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:54 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile

..being a Licensed Massage Therapist i know this does wonders for the bowels... [/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip! Welcome to IP. I think I'm jealous of your week one loss. Congrats!
Closed Thread