Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 02:06 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
I forgot to mention that while I was traveling my brother-in-law passed away suddenly and my nephews wife had a baby boy. Such a wild range of emotions. My brother-in-law did not get to see his first Grandson by a few days. My sister is only 45 years old
So sorry for you loss
Old 03-24-2012, 02:19 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Hunger Games was a great movie and I was successful at staying on track, while smelling all the freshly popped popcorn. I cut celery into small pieces and brought a bag of those to munch on....worked well. Went to the gym this morning and screw my lower back....sciatic I think, I have had it in the past, so now I am icing it and took a mild muscle relaxer, hope it helps or off to the chiropractor for me on Monday. Having a great IP day again, have a great day everyone.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:24 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 274/193/165

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebaby View Post
Also, (I know I am rambling- too much excitement and thinking going on- I hit over 50lbs. too!), but also, really truly THANK YOU to all of the people on these boards for the help, inspiration, motivation, your own stories and yes, sometimes the smackdowns. To just be able to read other peoples victories and struggles mean so much to others. The help and suggestions on here are amazing and second to none. So again, a big thank you to all of you!!
Congratulations! Not only did you go over the 50lbs lost mark, you are also at the 1/2 way mark! Woot woot! 50% down 50% to go
Old 03-24-2012, 02:42 PM   #49  
Jag23

S/C/G: 177 Goal weight 140

Height: 5"1"

Hi everyone,I am really tired today. Had a horrible sleep,and been awake sine 4 am. Called my sister in the east and had a great early morning chat.

Going to do some transplants today and rake the yard. High winds last week aused the fir trees to shake it out and now I have ones and bits of limb all over the yard.

This afternoon getting my bickyle out and starting my programn to get back to my cycling routine. I love being out on my bike.

I had the omellette for breakfast with aspargus. Delicious !

Went out with friends last night for my birtday dinner. Had a hugh green salad and crab cakes.......Great evening.......Plan to drink lots today and stay OP.

Have a great day and enjoy the sunshine.........Joann
Old 03-24-2012, 02:49 PM   #50  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
My clinic uses some kind of scale. My coach mentions fat percentage and hydration percentage which I didn't pay attention to before. But, it's on that scale. After hearing about muscle loss/gain on this site, I asked her if it measaures that, it does. Someone here should know that type of scale and they are pricey and I don't know how accurate it is but it something because since I have been paying attn, fat % has decreased and muscle % increased.

I am starting to feel like you are on your own anyway with this diet so maybe a scale like that might help you to continue. As well, my coach only measures like 5 places. I measure at home, something like 10 places. I wonder if you will start to see more inches lost that way. Normally, it is best to let your coach do these things so you don't stress over it but your coach is trippy. I measure ( and do this randomly like twice a month) upper arm, chest, waist, hip/thighs, each thigh in 2 places and like lower calves. I may have a few other places. Also fat moves. So just because where you are measuring does not show a loss, it does not mean you did not loose a few inches above or below. Inches come off, they may just not be coming off where she is measuring.

I know you are loyal to your chiro and in a small town it makes options challenging but perhaps you may choose to do some of this on your own since your coach is lacking. I would say 90% of my IP experience comes from this board. Pay attn to your body. You will know what works with you. If you try something new and don't like what you see on the scale, cut it out. Food sensitivities can affect things. You got it. You know the program.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanym View Post
Wing, here is a link to help calculate your body fat%....the remaining % will be made up of both muscle and water. Make sure you use a measuring tape that does NOT stretch (like a cloth one) as they are less accurate.

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculat...age-calculator
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishas View Post
I'm just doing alternatives for IP and I use a scale that will give your body fat composition.

It's an "Omron Full Body Sensor Body Composition Monitor and Scale". The scale shows your weight in tenths of a pound and has a removable display that you can pull up past your waist, it makes it really easy to see and use. Plus I use"Myotape" to measure myself - it's a tape measure that hooks onto the end for more accurate measuring. For my arms, I make a loop then pull it up and tighten it. I got both on Amazon.

So you don't have to do all the calculations yourself. I weigh myself every morning and if my weight goes up - I can immediately figure out why. I'll then think about what I had or didn't have yesterday to figure out the difference. For instance, I had a MIO drink and my weight went up 1 lb. the next day. I thought it was a fluke and the following week I had another MIO drink and it happened again.

By the way, my daughter's in-laws health insurance just changed their deductible to be based on your BMI! So they're busy trying to lose fat to get their BMI's down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
I am lucky that the chiropractor that offers the food near me also has that machine mentioned....it is helpful. Just wondering if you have a gym near by, they using have something that takes those measurements.....my gym does at least. Good luck.
Thanks to all of you. You are so wonderfully supportive. Lots of great advice.

Thanks to purplesky bringing up the special scale and chrishas explaining about the specific scale she has. I will look at that one and research others, too.

I am measured only on my chest, bicep, waist, hips, and thigh. 10 weeks and I've only lost 12 1/4" in all of those combined.

Thanks, bethany for the link. BTW, what type of tape do you use that is not cloth? I can't imagine measuing with my metal retractable tape.

Thanks, kelly, I would hate to pay a gym membership to get my body fat measured. I have so elusive muscle issues that make it hard to stand on my feet more than five minutes, let alone work out at a gym. Sad, as I was an avid gym member some years ago.

Like purplesky, I guess I'm going it alone. So sad that these clinics are not all into this great program that is so much help, and try to provide their clients all the tools they can to make them successful and healthy.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #51  
Jag23

I changed my profile a little to see my results....Need all the encouragement I can get
Old 03-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #52  
Jag23

Darn it didn't work
Old 03-24-2012, 02:55 PM   #53  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Thanks, bethany for the link. BTW, what type of tape do you use that is not cloth? I can't imagine measuing with my metal retractable tape.
I use a vinyl tape measure for sewing like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Dritz-Tape-Mea...2615106&sr=1-3

I also have a handy spreadsheet with a data entry section and results section for tracking your inches, pounds, bodyfat, etc....super easy to use! You enter the basic measurements and it calculates all the changes (total and % change), your BMI, etc. I would be happy to send it to you if you like!
Old 03-24-2012, 02:57 PM   #54  
Jag23

Ok,forgive me,but I need to do this 1 more time
Old 03-24-2012, 03:16 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 152/152/130

Height: 5'5"

Just started IP yesterday, really enjoying it. Still do not have a handle on all the rules. Wondering if there is a max on how many cups of coffee you can have and amount of olive oil? Yesterday I accidentally ate carrots with my supper. I really think that I should have my plan in front of me while preparing my meals. Anything else that you might think I need to know please pass it along. Thanks
Old 03-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #56  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag23 View Post
I changed my profile a little to see my results....Need all the encouragement I can get
Jag23, can I ask which section you are trying to update? What information do you want to change?
Old 03-24-2012, 03:48 PM   #57  
Started IP 3/11/2012

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160?

Height: 5' 8"

Happy weekend everyone!

Who would have thought there were 3 g of sugar in a can of canned CLAMS? Oh well, hope it doesn't throw me too far off track. I've been doing really well so far, don't want this to be the undoing of my ketosis.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:52 PM   #58  

Default New IP Chicken Noodle Soup

Hi.......purchased one packet of the new chicken noodle soup but forgot to ask my coach how many carbs are in the NEW version. Does anyone know?
Old 03-24-2012, 03:57 PM   #59  
Starting again 6/9/13

S/C/G: (S)180/(C)171/(G)155

Height: 5'8"

Default Are you counting carbs and sugar?

Just wondering if any of your clinics have told you how many carbs and grams of sugar you should be staying under/day?

I just looked at the chocolate drink that I put in my coffee everyday and I see that it has 9 grams of carbs and 4 grams of sugar ! Wow, does that seem high?
Old 03-24-2012, 04:03 PM   #60  
Started IP 3/11/2012

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160?

Height: 5' 8"

My clinic just has us stick to the plan, not count carbs, fat etc. That's why I like IP so much - you don't have to do all that counting, it's all done for you.

Do a lot of other folks' clinics focus on carb grams, etc?

(the only reason I mentioned the 3g of sugar in my clams is because they were added to the clams and that really surprised me. I'm not doing ANY ADDED sugar. Whatever is in the packets is in the packets, I figured the IP folks did all the work planning the diet, I'll follow along and not micromanage it).
Closed Thread