Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 12:56 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Weekend chat Sat 3/24 - Sun 3/25

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 03-24-2012, 06:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 172.5/129/128

Height: 5'7"

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I am so excited to being heading to Punta Cana on Monday for a weeks holiday. I am on day 30 and have lost 15lbs. feeling great and loving the program. I am staying OP while away and have packed some pure protein bars in case I can not find anything I like for my protein and veg. meal. Wish me luck.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
Hope everyone has a great weekend. I am so excited to being heading to Punta Cana on Monday for a weeks holiday. I am on day 30 and have lost 15lbs. feeling great and loving the program. I am staying OP while away and have packed some pure protein bars in case I can not find anything I like for my protein and veg. meal. Wish me luck.
I love your resolve! Good for you and have a great vacation! I went to an out of town wedding OP and did just fine...took a cooler with my own food.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Good morning all! My goal for this weekend is to continue working on my house, start work on a baby quilt for my niece and to keep up my courage and resolve for starting Phase 4 on Monday. After the structure of the past 15 months, I feel rather intimidated to let go...
Old 03-24-2012, 07:52 AM   #5  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
Good luck staying op while you are away. but mostly... have a great time.

Happy Saturday everybody!

So, yesterday I went to meet my sister at the park to walk the dog. She brought along my nieces dog, Riley (who my niece couldnt live without). Next thing I know Riley has gotten out of his collar and is running toward the parking lot & street. OMG! we have to get the Dam dog before he gets hit by a car. Keep in mind Riley is this little tiny terrier who loves the games of chase and usually wins. well finally after about 10 mins, me my sis and a couple of helpful bystanders were able to surround Riley, He came by me but was out of reach so.... I dived, and I caught him, not before bouncing belly first on the ground and scratching up my elbows knees and chin. What sight I was.. oh well. Riley is safe and sound.

Just thought I would share.

Have a great OP day everybody!
Old 03-24-2012, 07:54 AM   #6  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Good morning all! My goal for this weekend is to continue working on my house, start work on a baby quilt for my niece and to keep up my courage and resolve for starting Phase 4 on Monday. After the structure of the past 15 months, I feel rather intimidated to let go...
Good luck in phase 4.. what a great accomplishment, you have come so far. You will do Great!
Old 03-24-2012, 08:20 AM   #7  
let's do this!

S/C/G: 227/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Morning All

Happy Saturday!

Had a fantastic week, and happy to say this morning, 8weeks and 2 days on the plan I have hit 40.2 pounds lost!!

A huge milestone for me! And only another 22ish lbs to go till i hit my goal

It's only this week people have been coming up to me at work and asking if I lost weight, as it been so rapid in a short period of time, I have a feeling people thought I was sick rather than on a diet,

Loving this diet, and can't believe how far I have come!!! Not to mention my goal weight being in sight!!! I am now kinda starting to fit into my skinny clothes from 2 years back without them looking painted on!

I really believe if your 100% committed to change your life, and not cheat, the bottom line is this diet works

Wishing everyone a OP weekend! Take care

Cheers/S...

Last edited by AussieonIP; 03-24-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Good Morning All!
I'm hoping to get a bunch of stuff done around the house, and do some research for work. Maybe I'll even get to taking down the winter curtains and comforters and "springing" up the house!
I'm feeling really discouraged that I'm not feeling like I'm losing anything yet, but I'm 100% OP and committed! (only day 8) So glad that the headaches have stopped.
I have a couple of questions:
1. My coach told me that I can have 4 sticks of Orbitz gum per day. I'm a school teacher and I don't feel right chewing gum when the kids can't, but I'm concerned about killing them with my breath. Does anyone know of any 0/0/0 breath mints?
2. I'm starting to realize that I can tell I'm in ketosis when I have a bit of a frog in the back of my throat. It's especially bad in the morning. Does anyone else have this occurrence?
I'm so thankful that I found this forum! Having been a member of several over the years - I have to say that this one is the most friendly, welcoming and positive forums I've even seen. Thank you all for being awesome!

PEIsland Girl: Enjoy the vacation! I'm jealous. Congrats on your great loss results!

Sewmam: What home projects are you working on? I'm a nut when it comes to redecorating and renovating my home. I recently finished re-doing a room that my daughters have dubbed "Mom's Zen Room." It's really a spare bedroom, but done to enhance positive energy and set up with my yoga mats and equipment.

Aussieon: Wow! Awesome job! Keep up the great work!

Cadu and Wuv ~*~* Good Morning *~*~ Didn't want you to feel left out.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:21 AM   #9  

Good Morning Everyone!

I was wondering for those on phase 3...do you find you are still losing? Similar to phase 1 and 2?

Thanks for any info you may have...

I am on phase one and will be moved to phase 3 for 5 days before vacation and just wondering if I will still lose a little everyday. I have been on average losing 1lb a day..somedays it is 2 some days just one.

Thanks!!
Old 03-24-2012, 09:28 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post

Good for you! Making it to Phase 4, you will do amazing!

I saw a lady walk out of my Ideal Protein office on Wednesday and she too was intimidated...she grabbed a few of the snacks just to have on hand in case she needed them
Old 03-24-2012, 09:42 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning! Well, another busy weekend! Taking my daughter to a friends house in a near by town for a playdate and to see my friend this morning, then we are going to Disney on Ice this afternoon with her grandma! A great day to have some one-on-one with my daughter. There is a 6 year difference between my two kids so sometimes she feels left out. I am looking forward to a great day! After Disney, we are going out to dinner. I ended up choosing a restaurant with my mom in advance by looking at the menus online to see what the best one would be for us to stay on plan. She is doing her own plan (Slimgenics) but it is good that we are both doing something for our health.

Have a great day all!
Old 03-24-2012, 09:52 AM   #12  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

I posted last night way too late for anyone. Chloe PM'd me and suggested I repost since I have a question. So, her goes.

Since my coach does not agree with this forum (thinks it's bad advice), I cannot ask her about some things I have seen here, so I will ask all of you.

People some times talk about knowing they are building muscle. How is that calculated? How do you know if you're burning muscle instead of fat? I have lost 31 lbs in 10 weeks, but have hardly lost any inches. Since muscle weighs more than fat, I'm afraid I'm losing muscle.

Thanks for any information about this.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 231/218/1??

Height: 5

Good morning. Happy weekend! To day is a better day. Last night was tough tons of cravings. Just had some extra lettuce to help. Went out with my nephew and sister in law. We would normally get ice cream together and I think that is what triggered it. I realized that I drag me nephew into my dysfunction to eat. That makes me want to change even more. I want him to have a healthy happy life!
Old 03-24-2012, 10:12 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 169/140/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Good Morning All!
I'm hoping to get a bunch of stuff done around the house, and do some research for work. Maybe I'll even get to taking down the winter curtains and comforters and "springing" up the house!
I'm feeling really discouraged that I'm not feeling like I'm losing anything yet, but I'm 100% OP and committed! (only day 8) So glad that the headaches have stopped.
I have a couple of questions:
1. My coach told me that I can have 4 sticks of Orbitz gum per day. I'm a school teacher and I don't feel right chewing gum when the kids can't, but I'm concerned about killing them with my breath. Does anyone know of any 0/0/0 breath mints?
2. I'm starting to realize that I can tell I'm in ketosis when I have a bit of a frog in the back of my throat. It's especially bad in the morning. Does anyone else have this occurrence?
I'm so thankful that I found this forum! Having been a member of several over the years - I have to say that this one is the most friendly, welcoming and positive forums I've even seen. Thank you all for being awesome!

PEIsland Girl: Enjoy the vacation! I'm jealous. Congrats on your great loss results!

Sewmam: What home projects are you working on? I'm a nut when it comes to redecorating and renovating my home. I recently finished re-doing a room that my daughters have dubbed "Mom's Zen Room." It's really a spare bedroom, but done to enhance positive energy and set up with my yoga mats and equipment.

Aussieon: Wow! Awesome job! Keep up the great work!

Cadu and Wuv ~*~* Good Morning *~*~ Didn't want you to feel left out.
Hi! I understand about the bad breath. I never used to have it and now, it's terrible. I use Scope like crazy ;o) and I also chew Spry gum. It is very good but doesn't last too long. I never tried the mints because they don't sell them here but you can find some on this site. Hope this helps! Have a nice weekend. http://www.xlear.com/xylitol-mints.aspx
Old 03-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #15  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Had a NSV this morning......actually got into a pair of jeans that I haven't worn in a few years! I was so happy almost started crying because I realize all my sacrifices are paying off and I am on the road to the old/new me. It's the little things like this that give me the motivation I need to keep at this wondrous journey we are all on.
Closed Thread