3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Wayward and Wuv's group of helpful people, open to everyone (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/246819-wayward-wuvs-group-helpful-people-open-everyone.html)

SarahDC 11-16-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4110200)
Week #30 down another 2lbs....I'll take it!!

Great! You were mentioning your waist shrinking thru the week, how did that measure today? Just curious :). Your clothes should be to you by the end of the week!

wuv2bloved 11-16-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarahDC (Post 4110280)
Great! You were mentioning your waist shrinking thru the week, how did that measure today? Just curious :). Your clothes should be to you by the end of the week!

WOOHOO!!!....it measured 51 :) so it was a 2 inch loss....super excited about that!!

SarahDC 11-16-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4110283)
WOOHOO!!!....it measured 51 :) so it was a 2 inch loss....super excited about that!!

That is awesome!! My waist hasn't moved for a couple weeks so hoping Friday will be different but if not I know it will happen eventually. Last week was arms & thighs which hadn't moved for a while so they all take their turn :).
How did your talk with the lady from IP go? Just curious what they recommended. I didn't have a chance to ask my coach yet.
Keep up the great work and dedication, you are doing so well with this program. Have a great day!

wuv2bloved 11-16-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarahDC (Post 4110291)
That is awesome!! My waist hasn't moved for a couple weeks so hoping Friday will be different but if not I know it will happen eventually. Last week was arms & thighs which hadn't moved for a while so they all take their turn :).
How did your talk with the lady from IP go? Just curious what they recommended. I didn't have a chance to ask my coach yet.
Keep up the great work and dedication, you are doing so well with this program. Have a great day!

She said I have to go through a DR or medical professional so I don't know what I am going to do. My arm has not loss anything for 28weeks!!!....it stays at 11, I started at 15 everything else is losing but my arms...weird!

LadyDi2010 11-16-2011 01:35 PM

Im feeling a lot better today, i hate being so cranky and my husband pointed out that I'm a pain the butt when I'm cranky so no more haha. Good juju thoughts :) I don't have a weigh in until Dec 1 so heres hoping i do lose some lbs! Maybe i need to take my measurements and that will help in my good juju. Haven't done measurements since day 1 on my diet.

My good news also is that my husband who is not on plan, has lost 10 lbs since i started my diet. I am so proud of him! Just making the small changes at dinner has helped him so this makes me happy :)

wuv2bloved 11-16-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyDi2010 (Post 4110351)
Im feeling a lot better today, i hate being so cranky and my husband pointed out that I'm a pain the butt when I'm cranky so no more haha. Good juju thoughts :) I don't have a weigh in until Dec 1 so heres hoping i do lose some lbs! Maybe i need to take my measurements and that will help in my good juju. Haven't done measurements since day 1 on my diet.

My good news also is that my husband who is not on plan, has lost 10 lbs since i started my diet. I am so proud of him! Just making the small changes at dinner has helped him so this makes me happy :)

YES!...do take your measurements, that will keep your juju going when you dont' see the numbers on the scale move. But also pay attention to your clothes, they speak the truth!

LadyDi2010 11-16-2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward (Post 4110255)
Lady,
A follow up to what I was saying last night:
You are going 7 hours between bouts of protein, also according to your numbers you lost 10 pounds the first 2 weeks, and then you are down another 4 in the second 2 weeks, which means you lost 3.5 the third week and then had a slow loss the 4th week.
That is still a 3.5 average per week at this point, we all have our slow weeks.
My wife gained a pound 2 weeks ago and she had been on plan for 16 weeks straight, but she turned around and lost 5 the next week.
Plus you are only trying to lose about 30 pounds all together, so you lost almost half of it in a month and you are that frustrated?
You are doing fine thus far, we all have slower weeks, and your percentage isn't near as high as some that you are trying to lose.
Losing 40% of your weight you want to lose in a month isn't bad, just remember each time you cheat you are going to hurt yourself for up to a week depending on what you do.
Some people take 5-7 days to get back into ketosis, so it's just not worth the cheat.
Just stay focused, and keep looking towards the end.
Heck even I lost 1 pound 3 weeks ago, and that is with someone who has averaged 4 pounds a week for 3.5 months, yes it was frustrating, but I turned around and lost 4 pounds the next 2 weeks in a row.
Be patient, it will come, ok rambled on enough.
I still think you need to keep your protein a little closer to 4 or 5 hours apart, and eating a little late for dinner isn't bad, I don't eat until about 9-9:30 each night.

Thanks wayward, I guess I'm just putting a lot of pressure of myself to lose weight faster since I am spending money on the plan. (while we are trying to save money to build a house) silly i know but i feel guilty about spending any money on myself. I must have my clicker wrong, started at 171, not 174... so no weight loss in 2 weeks but hopefully in the next 2 weeks i will see the number drop. (or at least inches off) :)
:hug: Thank you again, I am going to be positive Diana today.. not Downer Diana haha

Wayward 11-16-2011 01:47 PM

A lot of people have a week or 2 that they are slow in the first month, measuring could make a big difference.
Also are they doing your body fat % at your clinic.
The last week I lost 1 pound I gained 4 pounds of lean mass as well, so really it's almost like it was a 5 pound loss for the week.

As for the cost, not that you are extremely overweight or anything, but weigh the cost of the diet against pretty much and medical problems or just the eating out and junk food costs and it kind of seems irrelevant by comparison.

Glad to see you are being more positive, that makes all the difference in the world when dieting.

LadyDi2010 11-16-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward (Post 4110373)
A lot of people have a week or 2 that they are slow in the first month, measuring could make a big difference.
Also are they doing your body fat % at your clinic.
The last week I lost 1 pound I gained 4 pounds of lean mass as well, so really it's almost like it was a 5 pound loss for the week.

As for the cost, not that you are extremely overweight or anything, but weigh the cost of the diet against pretty much and medical problems or just the eating out and junk food costs and it kind of seems irrelevant by comparison.

Glad to see you are being more positive, that makes all the difference in the world when dieting.

Yes they are doing my leans mass, water, and fat %. The numbers jump all over the place, my coach was confused the past two weeks, up in water, and up in fat this week,and down in lean mass. My coach wants me to up my salt as well as my restricted items when i work and eat more carb veggies. I work 13 hour shifts and work 5 out of 6 days starting this weekend so I'm hoping this helps me not almost faint at work haha

Wayward 11-16-2011 02:15 PM

Well while I will not argue against a coach.. it seems weird they would be upping your carbs, you are already noticing slow losses, upping your carbs won't help that.
Also increasing your salt when you are already retaining more water also seems wrong, salt makes you retain even more water.
Like I said, I am not saying they are wrong, their advice just sounds.... different.

What does your coach want you to do on restricted items?

What kind of job do you have it is highly physical? Are you exercising yet? Just trying to help narrow down your possible hurdles.
Let me know,

wuv2bloved 11-16-2011 04:06 PM

Wayward how late did you stay up last night enjoying that Kindle fire?

Wayward 11-16-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4110527)
Wayward how late did you stay up last night enjoying that Kindle fire?

Oh not that late, but after the wife went to bed, I did spend about another 90 minutes reading the users manual, downloading apps and books and creating shortcuts on it.

Busy week this week since the wife is already starting to work later than normal. So probably won't get a ton of time with it until this weekend.
Little guy is too interested in anything new right now to have a brand new toy and not expect him to want it lol.

wuv2bloved 11-16-2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward (Post 4110531)
Oh not that late, but after the wife went to bed, I did spend about another 90 minutes reading the users manual, downloading apps and books and creating shortcuts on it.

Busy week this week since the wife is already starting to work later than normal. So probably won't get a ton of time with it until this weekend.
Little guy is too interested in anything new right now to have a brand new toy and not expect him to want it lol.

Time to get him a "toy" one....lol...used cellphones always work.....lol...they are amazed at those

LadyDi2010 11-16-2011 04:20 PM

wayward I work as a nurse in an Intensive care/ Cardio thoracic unit. Its not always highly physical but lately it sure has been, lots and lots of very sick people I work with. My coach thinks that maybe my body is in starvation mode. I usually walk about 3-4 miles a day at work. I am also a grad student so on my days off.. i sit and study. So only upping my carbs while at work since he thinks I'm burning too much energy. I usually work out but since starting the diet, i have had no zero energy on my off days. Im hoping this phase ends soon so i get get back to my C25k routine

Wayward 11-16-2011 04:46 PM

Well if it was me, and this is just an opinion.

Just add a whey shake, they aren't always the best tasting thing, I usually just pound mine in one big drink.
But when I was going to the track every night I would have one right when I got back from doing 5 miles.
Or I would have one right after I got done riding my bike trainer, this will give you the protein you need so that you won't be in starvation mode.

Which goes back to what I was saying of not going from 7 -2 on your packets, move your packet to noon and then have your veggies as a snack at 2.