3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Wayward and Wuv's group of helpful people, open to everyone (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/246819-wayward-wuvs-group-helpful-people-open-everyone.html)

sherylynn 01-09-2012 12:15 PM

Stuck for a couple of weeks

Hi all,

Need some advice. I've been stuck weight wise for a couple of weeks, but my coach measures each week and I'm definitely still losing inches. We last WI with a loss was a whopping 8 lbs! I've never lost the much in one week in my whole life. So maybe my weight is catching up.

Now, contrary to good advice, I'm weighing myself daily to see if the scale moves down. It's not :?:.

I've started being very rigorous about the combinations of foods like adding more fish and asparagus rather than say red meat (longer to digest) and broccoli (a bit higher carb wise).

Since I work from home (a blessing and a curse) I don't get enough daily walking in, so I wear a pedometer as an incentive to get over 5000 steps a day. 10,000 steps is a great goal but near impossible to meet, for me with work, kids, life, etc.

I started exercisng again this weekend - I got kettlebells for Christmas and did my first workout, but I am scared that will slow my weight loss even more. My coach said to go half intensity which I did. I'm one of those people who build muscle fast and get good definition quickly (not a bad thing I know, but could impede the weight loss).

My coach suggested since I'm about 8 weeks in to try nova-cleanse. The problem is, on top of everything, that I'm going to Jamaica on Friday for a trip with girlfriends. I'm not up for trying a laxative program on a trip but can do it when I return.

Any suggestions for jump starting my weight loss?

infoplease 01-09-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linden (Post 4163881)
I wasn't suggesting that you ONLY have 1/4 t a day; just not to have that much at one go. Maybe I misunderstood what you were implying.

All I can say about any alternative protein isolate is to do your research very, very carefully. Check to make sure all the essential amino acids are there, for instance. Really important. And getting more fiber than IP would be a great asset. ;)

Ah, but I WAS having the 1/4t at one go -- onto the salad & vegies at Lunch and then again at Dinner. So, the new plan might be to have an 1/8t at each of those and then the other 1/4t at Breakfast and in water throughout the day.

I'll be sure to check on the essential amino acids and yes, more fiber would definitely be a GREAT asset!

Thanks again.

Linden 01-09-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherylynn (Post 4163944)

My coach suggested since I'm about 8 weeks in to try nova-cleanse. The problem is, on top of everything, that I'm going to Jamaica on Friday for a trip with girlfriends. I'm not up for trying a laxative program on a trip but can do it when I return.

Health professionals on this site have nixed the cleanse, big time. One it doesn't do much of anything; and two, it can be dangerous. I think I'd do a lot more research before I committed.

And if you're gaining muscle while losing fat, well gee, that's wonderful. Don't fret about the speed. You're doing just fine.

purple sky 01-09-2012 01:53 PM

Regarding Amino Acids, does anyone know if Braggs Amino Acids is okay? I know it is good for you. But, the carb amt looks high.

infoplease 01-09-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purple sky (Post 4164099)
Regarding Amino Acids, does anyone know if Braggs Amino Acids is okay? I know it is good for you. But, the carb amt looks high.

I went to the Braggs web site (sorry I can't paste the label).
It says 1/2 teaspoon is 0 calories, 0% fat and 0% carbs.
It did list the true amount of carbs as 100mg, which means it would take 10 servings to equal 1g of carbs.

How much were you planning to use? I think if you kept it to 1 or 2 teaspoons you would definitely be within the rules.

I think there are some people using them and perhaps they will chime in on quantity.

Hope that helps.