3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Wayward and Wuv's group of helpful people, open to everyone (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/246819-wayward-wuvs-group-helpful-people-open-everyone.html)

JKfromIL 11-29-2011 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4122728)
Good morning everyone, its a cold 36 degrees out in southern Mississippi, not used of this cold stuff. I had to break down last night and go get some jeans BUT I got them at Wal-Mart for the FIRST time in over 25yrs!!! and a size 24!!!...woohooooo

Congrats! Has to be a wonderful feeling!!!

Linden 11-30-2011 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leganegan (Post 4123329)
Dr. Oz just had a segment about Krill oil. I looked for some at Walgreens (our drugstore, but couldn't find it). I am almost out of Omega and want to start fresh with Krill.

Here's a blog by Dr. Michael Eades, the major proponent of and authority on krill oil, weight management, and high protein/low carb diets: http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/i...-inflammation/
The questions and answers are good, as well as the general information in the blog.

I think your best bet for finding krill (best in capsules) is a high level nutritional/organic store. Not GNC, for example. Pat says krill is expensive in Canada, even though that's where it is manufactured and distributed to other pharmaceuticals. I bought some last night at about $ 37/60 capsules, but that includes the 19% sales tax in Germany. So, yes it is expensive, but so worth it, I think. Hope you can find it. :)

patns 11-30-2011 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linden (Post 4123592)
Here's a blog by Dr. Michael Eades, the major proponent of and authority on krill oil, weight management, and high protein/low carb diets: http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/i...-inflammation/
The questions and answers are good, as well as the general information in the blog.

I think your best bet for finding krill (best in capsules) is a high level nutritional/organic store. Not GNC, for example. Pat says krill is expensive in Canada, even though that's where it is manufactured and distributed to other pharmaceuticals. I bought some last night at about $ 37/60 capsules, but that includes the 19% sales tax in Germany. So, yes it is expensive, but so worth it, I think. Hope you can find it. :)

I just checked naturesnutrition.com and it is on special for $30.60 capsules; it is usually $34.49. If you order 3 bottles you can get shipping for $5.09. What annoys me if you are in Canada they charge across the board 14% tax, I am in a province with no sales tax, so it should be only 6%.

I will definitely order more when I finish what I have now. I know it is critical for me to get the fish oil in but even if I take Omega capsules with a solid breakfast I am nauseated for several hours. But I don't have any after effects from these.
I am sure naturesnutrician ships internationally but for mose shipping fees.
Thanks for telling me about this Linden.

Pat

wuv2bloved 11-30-2011 11:21 AM

Good morning everyone, down another pound and I didn't go off program for Thanksgiving, it was just my week to lose a pound because my last 4 weeks have been big weeks. My cousin who CHEATED all week STILL LOSS...grrrrrrr .....He makes me angry!!!....Oh well I know I WILL KEEP MINE OFF....he WON'T!!....Hope everyone has a great day!

Rocketgirl2011 11-30-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherylynn (Post 4122067)
That's a bit better than the stupid Wii Fit when you first make your Mii. You put in your height and weight and mine just puffed up bigger and bigger. The Mii then just waddles around looking sad and the music is even kind of sad, fat people waddling music. I hate that darn game.

So funny you mention that, I have an app on my iPhone that is a countdown. I've counted down to the date in June of 2012 that I hope to reach goal and I named it "a Wii bit of happiness" because that day the Wii will no longer tell me I'm "obese or fat"

I love the Wii but HATE that little waddler Mii ;)

Rocketgirl2011 11-30-2011 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lkp888 (Post 4117077)
I had set a personal goal to lose 25 pounds by Christmas and I'm so proud to say that I have achieved my 25 pound weight loss goal in 6 weeks as of today. I am so happy and proud of myself. I read these blogs everyday and each and everyone of you give me courage and inspire me to stay OP and not to CHEAT. Have a great week everyone and to all my US friends have a Happy Thanksgiving! :)

25 pounds in 6 weeks? Amazing, that's an incredible loss! Congrats

grannyto2bear 11-30-2011 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linden (Post 4123592)

Thanks for the very helpful information Linden. My DH has lots of arthritis pain in his shoulders, when I told him about how krill oil might help him he wants me to order them and give it a try. patns gave me a site to order from here in Canada, and I see her update today that they are even on sale right now.
Do you still take Omega 3 along with the krill oil? Right now we take 1 per day of Webber Naturals triple concentrated Omega-3. Each softgel contains 1407 mg fish oil concentrate (anchovy, sardine/or mackeral), & Omega 3- Fatty acids 900 mg (EPA 600mg & DHA 300 mg). I was wondering if we still need to take this when we start the krill oil.

lkp888 11-30-2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocketgirl2011 (Post 4123924)
25 pounds in 6 weeks? Amazing, that's an incredible loss! Congrats

Thank you so much!!! :)

patns 11-30-2011 03:59 PM

I wouldn't take both, just the krill.

Linden 11-30-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2011weightbegone (Post 4124219)
Thanks for the very helpful information Linden. My DH has lots of arthritis pain in his shoulders, when I told him about how krill oil might help him he wants me to order them and give it a try. patns gave me a site to order from here in Canada, and I see her update today that they are even on sale right now.
Do you still take Omega 3 along with the krill oil? Right now we take 1 per day of Webber Naturals triple concentrated Omega-3. Each softgel contains 1407 mg fish oil concentrate (anchovy, sardine/or mackeral), & Omega 3- Fatty acids 900 mg (EPA 600mg & DHA 300 mg). I was wondering if we still need to take this when we start the krill oil.

When I first started taking krill I took one fish oil and one krill. For the last 2 months plus, though, I only take krill, once in the morning and one at night. I'm not given to exaggeration but I have fibromyalgia and I think I can honestly say symptoms have pretty much disappeared although I don't see any effect on back pain. Sigh. Your husband should also probably be taking some other supplements. Does he have access to a pain doctor? Cheers and I wish you both great luck with the krill.

patns 11-30-2011 04:09 PM

The krill bottle recommends 2 capsules in the morning for the first week and them go down to one capsule a day after that. It would cut down on the cost to make one of the morning capsules omega if it doesn't upset your stomach.

grannyto2bear 11-30-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patns (Post 4124281)
I wouldn't take both, just the krill.

thanks patns, also for the information where to order. I am ordering today

grannyto2bear 11-30-2011 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linden (Post 4124285)
When I first started taking krill I took one fish oil and one krill. For the last 2 months plus, though, I only take krill, once in the morning and one at night. I'm not given to exaggeration but I have fibromyalgia and I think I can honestly say symptoms have pretty much disappeared although I don't see any effect on back pain. Sigh. Your husband should also probably be taking some other supplements. Does he have access to a pain doctor? Cheers and I wish you both great luck with the krill.

Thanks Linden. He was taking all the IP supplements, but now that he is in maintenance he no longer is required to take the potassium so had quit them, he still takes the 2 vitamin and 4 calcium a day. Also takes Vit D, (4000 IU per day), chromium, our Omega-3, and also takes a thyroid med. I mentioned to him maybe he should go back on the potassium supplement, what do you think? Any other ideas for supplementing arthritis pain? He has tried many of the prescription arthritis medications, but they have too many other side effects for him so he doesn't take them. The Dr. just gave him samples of Celebrex but he hasn't retried them, he did try them several years ago and they didn't help him. Do men get fibromyalgia? maybe he should get tested, his mom had osteoarthritis & rheumatoid arthritis, he had blood tests done for rheumatoid and didn't have that. It is his arms and shoulders that cause the most pain, some days has troubles hanging up his coat and hat on the coat rack because they seem to lock up when he lifts that high.

Thanks for all your help Linden & patns

LadyDi2010 11-30-2011 05:30 PM

Just out of curiosity... whats the difference in yellow squash and zucchini? we can't have squash... Not that i am craving it by any means but i used to cook the 2 together.

wuv2bloved 11-30-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyDi2010 (Post 4124364)
Just out of curiosity... whats the difference in yellow squash and zucchini? we can't have squash... Not that i am craving it by any means but i used to cook the 2 together.

We can have summer squash the yellow curve neck ones, just can't have the winter squash