3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Wayward and Wuv's group of helpful people, open to everyone (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/246819-wayward-wuvs-group-helpful-people-open-everyone.html)

shelly ann 11-15-2011 08:48 PM

Really! Eastern WA and you're not that cold yet. I'm in Western WA. It was cooold today in Seattle. Woke up to ice on the windshields. I have always been a cold person. Now, I'm even colder. Been wearing the longies for a few weeks now.

Sure envy all of you with the warm weather. Went back to IA this summer in the 100+ weather. I was in heaven.

hwmgrl 11-15-2011 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelly ann (Post 4109470)
Really! Eastern WA and you're not that cold yet. I'm in Western WA. It was cooold today in Seattle. Woke up to ice on the windshields. I have always been a cold person. Now, I'm even colder. Been wearing the longies for a few weeks now.

Sure envy all of you with the warm weather. Went back to IA this summer in the 100+ weather. I was in heaven.

It was 86 degrees here :( shorts, sandals and t-shirts.... Sometimes living in the south of louisiana I envy people with cold weather.

Wayward 11-15-2011 09:04 PM

Just dropping a quick note from my kindle fire.
It's pretty sweet so far
ok off to play.

LadyDi2010 11-15-2011 09:36 PM

wayward, any advice is welcome :) congrats on your weight loss! I am trying to not be discouraged but its hard!

Y Guy 11-15-2011 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelly ann (Post 4109470)
Really! Eastern WA and you're not that cold yet.

Well its chilly but not freezing cold and the sun was out a bit so that helps. Its 33 today high was about 50. Threat of snow for Wednesday... not happy about that, except I get to ride my ATV and plow the sidewalks :)

patns 11-15-2011 11:36 PM

Yes, this winter business is taking some getting used to. I had to keep backtracking today because I couldn't remember to pick up my gloves everything I went in or out.
Excellent loss for you today Wayward! You are going to be very close to hitting your goal by Christmas.

I had a super NSV today. I can buy clothes at Costco! It is a pain because you can't try anything on, and I'd buy stuff and have to take it back nothing ever fit.
Today I bought some sweaters and decided to try risk size large. They fit great and I actually think medium will be good soon. Not that Costco stuff is the height of fashion but I do like to grab a bargain when I see one.

Y Guy 11-16-2011 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patns (Post 4109647)
I had a super NSV today. I can buy clothes at Costco! It is a pain because you can't try anything on, and I'd buy stuff and have to take it back nothing ever fit.

I'm a big Costco shopper, been buying their jeans since I started IP. Figured at $13 I don't feel bad dropping sizes and not fitting the old ones. Was nice to fit into some dress shirts for a change too! Congrats to you!

Wayward 11-16-2011 02:39 AM

Lady the big thing I wanted to mention to you was you may have to big of a gap between protein meals.
I was going to suggest eating your bar or packet for lunch first.
Eat your veggies later for a snack, you need to have protein more often. Especially the first few weeks. You are already shocking your body a ton, now it needs to have what it needs to make it through the day.
We have a few on this thread who have struggled with low losses. But they have stuck through it and have seen some great results. I will have more time to go over more tomorrow at work.
I am no expert or coach, but between Wuv and I we have lost over 175 pounds in the last 4 months for me and 6 or 7 months for Wuv.
We can help, I am short time on my loss now, but I am not going anywhere anytime soon.
Be patient, don't give up and we will get you moving the right way.
Talk to you all in the morning.

Porthardygurl 11-16-2011 05:21 AM

Im baaaaaaaaaack...

after taking a break to find my mojo and think about what im going to do as far as a diet goes.. i realize that this diet WILL work..if i stick to it..however instead of doing packets(cause i cant stand the yucky taste) im going to be doing protein shakes. I scoped out some good shake stuff so i just need to finish the fruit in the house( i was crazy enough to try a juice fast but i guess it gave me clarity cause im back to where i began)

Hope everyone is doing well. Lisa you inspire me! and wow girl..your smaller than me now!!!!! ive been contemplating what to do and youve passed me..

Wow Wayward!! Congrats on doing so well!!!

Speaking of weather..its cooooooooold..we almost had snow today..i got my big snowboarding jacket out so i could walk outside today..its nippy!

wuv2bloved 11-16-2011 08:13 AM

WELCOME BACK PORT!!....good to see you back in action. You are right, IF you stick to itm the weight will come off!!....Wayward and I did it along with so many others, jump back on with us to finish!!!...you still have a few months left to go before your big day!!....I am for real smaller than you now?.....haha

wuv2bloved 11-16-2011 11:30 AM

Week #30 down another 2lbs....I'll take it!!

Ryuu 11-16-2011 11:51 AM

OMG!
I jumped on the wii scale today because weighing myself a couple times a week keeps me motivated. I officially do my WI on Fridays though.
Anyways, with being sick, stressed, and sneaky TOM I figured I would be the same or maybe a pound gain.
I was so shocked to see that I had LOST 4 POUNDS! :carrot: in 5 days with all that going on.
I had to weigh twice just to be sure I had seen it right. LOL
I am still in shock.

wuv2bloved 11-16-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryuu (Post 4110223)
OMG!
I jumped on the wii scale today because weighing myself a couple times a week keeps me motivated. I officially do my WI on Fridays though.
Anyways, with being sick, stressed, and sneaky TOM I figured I would be the same or maybe a pound gain.
I was so shocked to see that I had LOST 4 POUNDS! :carrot: in 5 days with all that going on.
I had to weigh twice just to be sure I had seen it right. LOL
I am still in shock.

LOL...great job!!!....don't forget to put your loss in for last week on the spreadsheet!

Wayward 11-16-2011 12:16 PM

Lady,
A follow up to what I was saying last night:
You are going 7 hours between bouts of protein, also according to your numbers you lost 10 pounds the first 2 weeks, and then you are down another 4 in the second 2 weeks, which means you lost 3.5 the third week and then had a slow loss the 4th week.
That is still a 3.5 average per week at this point, we all have our slow weeks.
My wife gained a pound 2 weeks ago and she had been on plan for 16 weeks straight, but she turned around and lost 5 the next week.
Plus you are only trying to lose about 30 pounds all together, so you lost almost half of it in a month and you are that frustrated?
You are doing fine thus far, we all have slower weeks, and your percentage isn't near as high as some that you are trying to lose.
Losing 40% of your weight you want to lose in a month isn't bad, just remember each time you cheat you are going to hurt yourself for up to a week depending on what you do.
Some people take 5-7 days to get back into ketosis, so it's just not worth the cheat.
Just stay focused, and keep looking towards the end.
Heck even I lost 1 pound 3 weeks ago, and that is with someone who has averaged 4 pounds a week for 3.5 months, yes it was frustrating, but I turned around and lost 4 pounds the next 2 weeks in a row.
Be patient, it will come, ok rambled on enough.
I still think you need to keep your protein a little closer to 4 or 5 hours apart, and eating a little late for dinner isn't bad, I don't eat until about 9-9:30 each night.

Wayward 11-16-2011 12:18 PM

Oh and nice Ryuu, sorry didnt' mean to gloss over that..
Grats Lisa....
And welcome back Heather.... we need to get you a better plan this time.
Should be easier now that the crappy job is gone by the wayside.

When do you plan on starting again?
Let us know,