Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 12:15 AM   #106  

Default Ideal Protein and no exercise??

This is the first diet I have been on that says no exercise. Not sure I understand why. Can anyone explain?? Thanks
Old 07-12-2011, 12:26 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfaulk View Post
This is the first diet I have been on that says no exercise. Not sure I understand why. Can anyone explain?? Thanks
I have spent a fair amount of time trying to research this myself. I am laying here, unable to sleep, dreaming of some exercise! I miss it! Don't quote me, but I believe it is because if you exercise rigorously, your blood sugar can get to low causing your muscles to actually produce glucose and therefore result in muscle loss. I believe they say if you must exercise at all during the first 3 weeks, do it lightly - like 1/3 of what you would normally do. I have read many people also have an extra (4th) IP packet on the days they exercise. If I undersatnd it, after the 3 weeks some of the major shifts in the body have occurred and you can reintroduce exercise again provided you hydrate and don't overdo it.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:29 AM   #108  

Oh, and I think I have entered Ketosis. I am freezing (and I am NEVER cold), I have a strange tingliness all over, I cannot sleep, I feel the urge to start running! I am excited to think that at this point I am using my plentiful excess body fat to fuel my body. I feel thinner just thinking about it and cannot wait to see the results!
Old 07-12-2011, 01:55 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 215/200/170

Height: 5'8

Hey there!! Ive been on this diet for about 5 weeks now and have lost 15lbs! (I went to NY for a vacation & cheated big time there:/) I really like this diet, but im dyinnnggg for new recipes for phase 1!! let me know if you have any! I have quite a few of the waldens farms stuff but it's not my favortie lol
Old 07-12-2011, 07:41 AM   #110  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecrush View Post
Hey there!! Ive been on this diet for about 5 weeks now and have lost 15lbs! (I went to NY for a vacation & cheated big time there:/) I really like this diet, but im dyinnnggg for new recipes for phase 1!! let me know if you have any! I have quite a few of the waldens farms stuff but it's not my favortie lol
I think we are all very early on in this diet so not sure you will find a lot of recipes here, but if you search the threads there are several sticky IP threads specifically for recipes! There are tips on how to spice up shakes, chicken lettuce wraps, etc. enjoy!
Old 07-12-2011, 07:42 AM   #111  

At home weight in this morning was 148.4, this is within 1 pound of my lowest low since getting pregnant the first time 4 years ago. That makes just 7 pounds to my prepregnancy weight and 14 pounds to goal! I am feeling encouraged, hope you are too. We can do this!!
Old 07-12-2011, 10:19 AM   #112  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfaulk View Post
This is why you should be reading the stickys and no really asking questions with other newbies... if you go to the main chat you will have the more experienced people that have learned the tricks or answers or know which way to point you.

The reason you are not suppose to exercise is you are not taking in enough calaries to exercise. If you want to exercise throughout see your coach as there is a alternate plan for athletes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
I have spent a fair amount of time trying to research this myself. I am laying here, unable to sleep, dreaming of some exercise! I miss it! Don't quote me, but I believe it is because if you exercise rigorously, your blood sugar can get to low causing your muscles to actually produce glucose and therefore result in muscle loss. I believe they say if you must exercise at all during the first 3 weeks, do it lightly - like 1/3 of what you would normally do. I have read many people also have an extra (4th) IP packet on the days they exercise. If I undersatnd it, after the 3 weeks some of the major shifts in the body have occurred and you can reintroduce exercise again provided you hydrate and don't overdo it.
Talk to your coach and ask them about what to do before, during and after exercise, they will probably tell you not to do anything for the first 3 weeks but do low impact exercise. Nothing to get the heart racing. Hope that helps.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:47 AM   #113  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbi40 View Post
1st weigh in today lost 6.5 lbs! That took me six weeks of going to the gym. Makes it all worthwhile!
Grats Darbi!!!!!! Great first week!!! Hope it helps keep a smile on your face.
Keep it up.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:55 AM   #114  
Started IP July 8th

ok just got to work and realized I forgot my veggies for my lunch... wth?
I remembered everything else this morning before I left the house, I got everything ready, put my empties out for water delivery, got my bank errand stuff, and I somehow forget my food?
I was already feeling nauseous this morning, probably why food was the furthest from my mind.
I did weigh myself this morning which I was pretty happy with, but I better wait until I can compare it to my scale at the clinic before I get to excited.
It seems like it's been so much longer than it has been since I started.
But oh well, one day at a time.

Good morning everyone I hope you are all doing well this morning.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:17 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 198/191/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward View Post
ok just got to work and realized I forgot my veggies for my lunch... wth?
I remembered everything else this morning before I left the house, I got everything ready, put my empties out for water delivery, got my bank errand stuff, and I somehow forget my food?
I was already feeling nauseous this morning, probably why food was the furthest from my mind.
I did weigh myself this morning which I was pretty happy with, but I better wait until I can compare it to my scale at the clinic before I get to excited.
It seems like it's been so much longer than it has been since I started.
But oh well, one day at a time.

Good morning everyone I hope you are all doing well this morning.
LOL I concur! It feels like I've been on this for a month, not a week...
Old 07-12-2011, 12:20 PM   #116  

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
Oh, and I think I have entered Ketosis. I am freezing (and I am NEVER cold), I have a strange tingliness all over, I cannot sleep, I feel the urge to start running! I am excited to think that at this point I am using my plentiful excess body fat to fuel my body. I feel thinner just thinking about it and cannot wait to see the results!
I bought some ketostix last night to make sure I was in ketosis. Low and behold that darn stick turned deep pink!!! Although I know it's not necessary to do the test, it makes me feel better knowing this diet is doing what it's supposed to do.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:33 PM   #117  
Started IP July 8th

O.k. co-worker is going out for lunch and said he would pick me up a plain salad for me, need to get something else besides that drink in me for lunch in 2 hours. I could probably survive until I get home but why push it.

Can someone tell me how many of each we have to order each week, and if someone has a scan of the list I would love you for it.
I would like to get all that knocked out today so I am ahead of the game.
Thanks everyone.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:36 PM   #118  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward View Post
So if we replace the oz drank with water are we ok then?
I could get by with just my one cup in the morning, I mean I need something to wake up for the day.
I have gone from roughly somewhere between 64oz and 96oz of caffeine between sodas and coffee to 0... needless to say I am kind of dragging on day 4, especially since it's Monday in IT land.
Ive been drinking coffee all along. I have cut back but still drink 2 travel mugs a day. It hasnt caused me any issues, even though my coach says it makes you hungry, I find the opposite is true and it helps to curb my hunger. In the evenings I have switched to a cinnamin herbal tea with 1 oz of milk and splenda , it's so good it's like Im having a treat.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:05 PM   #119  

So I had to go the dr today for another appointment, but had the weigh in. Dang Dr scale. Albeit it was an afternoon weigh in, but it shows my loss so far only at 4 pounds whereas my home scale in the am has me at 5.5. I like my numbers so much better because they put me in the 140s. Such a mind game the dreaded scale plays with me! Guess Thursday (my 1 week) will be more telling. Fingers crossed for another larger drop so I can be in the 140s even on their scale!

Anyone tried the dark chocolate pudding? Was thinking of ordering that. I am giong to order 4 boxes (instead of the min. 3) so I can have some variety. So far, my most satiating things are:
Omelet for breakfast (with romaine stir fry)
Chicken soup for lunch (with broccoli and asparagus thrown in) + salad
Chocolate drink for snack. I do like most of the other drinks as well but the choc drink has fiber so I think I will go that route.
Then I was thinking the dark choc pudding for an extra, but I haven't tried it yet. That or getting the vanilla drink so I can use it in my coffee . . . . choices, choices.

Thoughts? What are your favorites so far?

Tonight's Dinner will be Buffalo Chicken Salad =)
Old 07-12-2011, 03:26 PM   #120  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I like both of the chocolate puddings and I add some WF chocolate syrup to it and also a little of the sea salt to cut the sweetness. I have the maple oatmeal for breakfast and add cinnamon to it. I like all of the puddings, haven't tried the vanilla yet though.
Closed Thread