Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 10:56 AM   #76  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Ok threee posts by me in a row, not on purpose, I was responding to things I read to catch up.
First weekend down for me, things are still going good.
Had no problems to speak of over the weekend.
We were supposed to go mountain biking yesterday but one of the guys I was going with had a son who went to the hospital on Saturday so we ended up canceling.

Which worked for me, I bought a "new" fluid trainer this week for my mountain bike which I had never ridden, I actually won it in a contest last year along with a 40" LCD that my wife had nominated me for.
Anyways, I had bought a new slick tire, so when he cancelled Saturday I switched the tired out and tried out my trainer. Good workout, but need a new seat lol, the stock one owned me.

Ordered a new seat Saturday night, rode again on Sunday anyways and my rear is paying for it lol.

So far it hasn't been bad, my wife being on it definitely makes it much easier, because we are eating the same things. Plus we get to try twice as much stuff for the first week so we know what is good etc.
I am a very picky eater, I always have been which tends to make diets like this a challenge.
But so far things are going well. I guess we will see on Wednesday, but one day at a time.
Keep up the good work everyone!!
Old 07-11-2011, 11:17 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

I do have the list but it says bok choi, pok choi and red cabbage under cabbage. Not napa, but I saw threads with napa in the recipes so I was a little confused.

Thanks, I am working on not going over on other veggies and reducing splenda today. I am VERY hungry today and am disappointed because I thought day 5 was to mark my miraculous shift to increased energy and reduced hunger. I am not dying, but it makes not eating too many veggies or having a soda etc. more challenging.

Crazy storm overhead, gotta run!
Old 07-11-2011, 01:32 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

yay for this newbies page...
I'm starting Friday. My first meeting is Thursday afternoon...
Taking a binder that I prepared and taking next week off to organize my home life and eating lifestyle! lots of celery and cucumber is in my future... too bad there isn't a dancing celery stalk instead of carrot...hope i don't gain weight using it, I like this little guy...
Old 07-11-2011, 01:51 PM   #79  

Maybe I am just overthinking this, but I have not had added splenda nor extra veggies. I stuck to the plan (so far), and my carbs (excluding the 2 IP packets) are already at 16 and that is just from my veggies and unlimited lettuce. So, let's just say I double that for the day. That puts me at 32 + the carbs in the IP foods. There is no way that, even by doing it to the letter, that I am going to be under 30g of carbs . . . and I am not even permitted any restricted foods and have not tried any of the 1-2x per week veggies. I feel like I must be doing something wrong...
Old 07-11-2011, 01:57 PM   #80  
positivementalattitude

S/C/G: 233/217/140

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up

keep up the great work. I'm new at this. I hope reaching out to others, checking in and staying accountable works!
Old 07-11-2011, 02:04 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
Maybe I am just overthinking this, but I have not had added splenda nor extra veggies. I stuck to the plan (so far), and my carbs (excluding the 2 IP packets) are already at 16 and that is just from my veggies and unlimited lettuce. So, let's just say I double that for the day. That puts me at 32 + the carbs in the IP foods. There is no way that, even by doing it to the letter, that I am going to be under 30g of carbs . . . and I am not even permitted any restricted foods and have not tried any of the 1-2x per week veggies. I feel like I must be doing something wrong...
don't worry too much about the carbs, as long as you are eating the amounts allowed and proper vegetables and packets on the list you will lose weight.
And document everything you eat, you and your diet coach will use that as a tools to see if you don't lose as much one week where you might have gone wrong.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:19 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 235/165/135 (IP 165/151.5/135)

Height: 5'4"

I finished my official first week - I had my first WI on Friday and was down 6 lbs in 5 days! I'm very happy with the results but feel terrible. I know this is common and hope it passes soon since I've been feeling this way since Thursday. My head feels like it's going to explode! But I'm sticking with it!! Here's to a productive week!!
Old 07-11-2011, 02:49 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 213.2/201/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward View Post
Ok threee posts by me in a row, not on purpose, I was responding to things I read to catch up.
First weekend down for me, things are still going good.
Had no problems to speak of over the weekend.
We were supposed to go mountain biking yesterday but one of the guys I was going with had a son who went to the hospital on Saturday so we ended up canceling.

Which worked for me, I bought a "new" fluid trainer this week for my mountain bike which I had never ridden, I actually won it in a contest last year along with a 40" LCD that my wife had nominated me for.
Anyways, I had bought a new slick tire, so when he cancelled Saturday I switched the tired out and tried out my trainer. Good workout, but need a new seat lol, the stock one owned me.

Ordered a new seat Saturday night, rode again on Sunday anyways and my rear is paying for it lol.

So far it hasn't been bad, my wife being on it definitely makes it much easier, because we are eating the same things. Plus we get to try twice as much stuff for the first week so we know what is good etc.
I am a very picky eater, I always have been which tends to make diets like this a challenge.
But so far things are going well. I guess we will see on Wednesday, but one day at a time.
Keep up the good work everyone!!
Glad to hear someone else is doing this program with their spouse. It sure makes it a lot easier and more fun. Since this is going to be a life long change I'm glad we both are on board. I just got a new bike too. Giant, Cypress cross trainer.. just love it.
Keep up the good work... the 1st weekend down is an accomplishment!!
Jan
Old 07-11-2011, 02:52 PM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadenlevi View Post
I finished my official first week - I had my first WI on Friday and was down 6 lbs in 5 days! I'm very happy with the results but feel terrible. I know this is common and hope it passes soon since I've been feeling this way since Thursday. My head feels like it's going to explode! But I'm sticking with it!! Here's to a productive week!!
Yeah!!! Drink lots of water and add sea salt to it. Can't remember if it is 1 tsp. Hang in there Jan
Old 07-11-2011, 02:57 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
yay for this newbies page...
I'm starting Friday. My first meeting is Thursday afternoon...
Taking a binder that I prepared and taking next week off to organize my home life and eating lifestyle! lots of celery and cucumber is in my future... too bad there isn't a dancing celery stalk instead of carrot...hope i don't gain weight using it, I like this little guy...
Welcome, and good luck Thursday. Great idea taking next week off. Sounds like you are really comitted and in the right frame of mind. Remember 1 day at a time. Good Luck, Jan

PS.. I found you a broccoli dancer!!!
Old 07-11-2011, 03:00 PM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivemetalatitude View Post
keep up the great work. I'm new at this. I hope reaching out to others, checking in and staying accountable works!
This is a great site for questions and support. Don't forget to check some of the other IP sights for recipes etc. Welcome! Jan
Old 07-11-2011, 03:03 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadenlevi View Post
Oh no, sorry you feel terrible but that is a GREAT weigh in! Have you tried the recommended solutions (increasing salt, increasing water, advil/tylenol, an additional packet if you must)? Fortunately, I have not had headaches. Just still hungry (which I guess means I am having too many carbs . . . bcz the literature says I shouldn't be hungry by now) and this weird coldness that takes over. Not uncomfortable, just unusual. I am never cold. Doing a bit of research and that can be a sign of ketosis . . . perhaps I HAVE reached it but am hungry anyway! IDK....

Here is my day so far:
Breafast - 2 cups coffee w/ IP vanilla pudding for creamer. IP pina colada drink. 24 ounces water.
AM Snack - Stir fry of 1 romaine heart, sea salt, crushed red pepper, garlic. 24 ounces water.
Lunch - IP Chicken soup w/ .5 cup asparagus and 1.5 cup broccoli and sea salt and white pepper for spice. 24 ounces water.
PM Snack - IP Lemon Pudding packet, Coffee w/ IP Vanilla Pudding for Creamer. 8 ounces water.

Today is the first day that I am using an extra (4th) IP packet - well, about 3/4 of it throughout the day in coffee etc. Not sure what was better, the splenda packet or using an additional IP packet. The lesser of the evils as I transition I guess :/

Does anyone else get kind of a "buzz" shortly after having an IP product? I get this weird kind of feeling. Not bad, just a little "buzzy" for lack of a better word . . .

Last edited by coliep; 07-11-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbi40 View Post
Just thought I'd introduce myself and share some of my weight loss journey.

My name is Darbi, I'm 40 years old with 2 daughters, 1 step daughter, 1 step son and 2 grandchildren.

Growing up I never really had a weight problem. In my early 20's I hovered around 135 and thought I was fat. What an idiot!!!
My heaviest was about 3 years ago at 226. I lost about 15 lbs in 8 months just making better food choices and not going for seconds. Then I joined a gym. I started working out 5-6 days a week doing boot camp style classes and also started running a couple times a week 5 km. I was also eating a very clean, balanced diet. I also had a personal trainer for 2 of those work out days. I became super strong and more fit than most skinny people I know. I could do 60 full on man style push ups, over 250 squats and more crunches than I care to count. I lost 15 lbs, in the first 6 months, slowed down to 3 days a week and put on 10, went back to 5 days a week lost 5 in 4 months. It didnt seem to matter how hard I worked, I just couldnt get past the 190 mark. So after beating that dead horse for a year and a half I threw in the towel. I also work full time and the hours I put into going to the gym and running were taking a toll on my family and my relationships. I never had time for anything or anyone. That is what finally brought me to ideal protein. I'm on day 5 and have lost 5.5 lbs. That took me 3 months at the gym. I'm not knocking the excersize thing, because it sure made me feel great. I definately will start back up in a few months, but no more being a slave to it. I'll probably start running again as it gives you such a natural high( all thoughs endorphins get released) but I'll also get on my bike and ride with the kids, go for a hike with my man (if I can get him out of the lazyboy lol), jump on the trampoline with my daughter and walk the dog. No more saying I don't have time because I have to go the gym.
I think this program is finally what I need. And being able to have the support all of you is crucial to my success. Thank you
Darbi, I hear you!!! I've been dieting for over a year and I would loose 10 then stall and work out etc and gain, it was a rollercoster. I'm so pumped for this plan and I've been on for 2 weeks and love the results. Good Luck and look forward seeing more of your posts. Jan
Old 07-11-2011, 03:11 PM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
Oh no, sorry you feel terrible but that is a GREAT weigh in! Have you tried the recommended solutions (increasing salt, increasing water, advil/tylenol, an additional packet if you must)? Fortunately, I have not had headaches. Just still hungry (which I guess means I am having too many carbs . . . bcz the literature says I shouldn't be hungry by now) and this weird coldness that takes over. Not uncomfortable, just unusual. I am never cold. Doing a bit of research and that can be a sign of ketosis . . . perhaps I HAVE reached it but am hungry anyway! IDK....

Here is my day so far:
Breafast - 2 cups coffee w/ IP vanilla pudding for creamer. IP pina colada drink. 24 ounces water.
AM Snack - Stir fry of 1 romaine heart, sea salt, crushed red pepper, garlic. 24 ounces water.
Lunch - IP Chicken soup w/ .5 cup asparagus and 1.5 cup broccoli and sea salt and white pepper for spice. 24 ounces water.
PM Snack - IP Lemon Pudding packet, Coffee w/ IP Vanilla Pudding for Creamer. 8 ounces water.

Today is the first day that I am using an extra (4th) IP packet - well, about 3/4 of it throughout the day in coffee etc. Not sure what was better, the splenda packet or using an additional IP packet. The lesser of the evils as I transition I guess :/

Does anyone else get kind of a "buzz" shortly after having an IP product? I get this weird kind of feeling. Not bad, just a little "buzzy" for lack of a better word . . .
No Buzzing here!!! Not sure what that's all about. I noticed you stir fried Romiane lettuce hearts, what did you think. I have heard about this.. can you give me the details what you do. Thanks,
Keep up the great work, Jan
Old 07-11-2011, 03:20 PM   #90  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:

Here is my day so far:
Has anyone found that coffee is creating an issue for them?
I am an avid coffee drinker, I have one in my office at work and a Keurig at home, but I haven't had any coffee since Thursday morning because I didn't want to "cheat."
I also have been able to cut out soda completely so far since Wednesday night without a real issue, considering I have some in my office and like 3 cases at home lol.
But that's how I work, I still have a pack and a half of cigarettes in my desk at work from 4 years ago when I quit, I keep them as a reminder.
I guess I am having an easier time of it for now with the eating, I eat only what is listed on the plan.
Not knocking anyone that does it any other way, I just want to see how quickly I can see a change.
My day consists of:
Packet and pills in the morning
Packet and salad for lunch
8 oz of meat and a salad for dinner. Pills
And then a packet for a snack and lots of water. Pill

And so far so good, oh on the sea salt thing, I already had "Coarse Gray Sea Salt From Guérande 1 Lb Stand up Pouch" at home that I got from Amazon for $8.00.
It's grey salt and tastes great and for $8 it lasts a long long time. You need something that will grind it in my opinion though so be aware.
I am loving how lively this thread is, and am excited to see how my weigh in goes on Wednesday, but of course that will be after only 5 days for me too.
Closed Thread