Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 01:47 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

darbi40 - way to go on abstaining from pizza. That was the first food I ran to the first time I fell off the wagon!

Coliep - things will get easier - they quickly become new habits. The good thing about this way of life is that the focus is so off of food that you have time to figure out the whys behind your weight gain. This journey forces you to focus on the mental aspects of weight loss. You can do it. The routine will come and get easier everyday.

Wayward - I went from drinking 2 -3 bottles of pop (the 2L size, so yes 4-6 liters!) a day to maybe one every week. I've switched from the aspartame kind to a flavour made with splenda. I don't over do it - because it tends to set me up for cravings! I find I get extemely hungry after drinking a pop. Water is just so much better for us, and really, if you keepa cup on your desk all day, it's surprisingly easy to get it in. I take several swallows between each sheet of paper I'm working on so I easily get 100 oz a day!

To everyone else - we can do this! It is a great program and works wonders when we stick to it. Just remember, 1 day, 1 meal, 1 bite a time, and before we know it, it's a lifetime of healthy eating!
Hope everyone is having an OP day. I'll check in again on Monday - have a great weekend.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:48 PM   #17  
IP Start Date 9/30/13

S/C/G: 192.4/192.4/120

Height: 5'2"

darbi40 -- I feel the same way about exercise, as in I'm going to start exercising in a couple months, feel like it will be much easier once I get some of this weight off. Once I get into it, I end up enjoying it ^_^
coliep- welcome! 20 lbs should be relatively easy to get rid of so keep your head up and don't give up! And hopefully next week you can get some more savory selection. Definitely don't want lots of sweet stuff if that is your downfall!

As for me, I had my second weigh in after one week...lost 7.4 lbs! I LOVE this diet! Unfortunately my body fat went up, but my coach told me he sees that a lot the first week. My inches didnt go down like I wanted them to eather...shrunk a littlle in the hips and chest...oh well
Old 07-08-2011, 01:48 PM   #18  
Me (middle) & Sistas

S/C/G: 141.8/138.4/117

Height: 5' 3"

I'm going to love this thread. My biggest confusion in getting started was in choosing what boxes to buy. I didn't want to be stuck with the same meals everyday. Thank goodness I found a wellness clinic that will sell some as individuals. How did everyone else start out?
Old 07-08-2011, 01:50 PM   #19  
Started IP 7/8/11

S/C/G: 258.8/183/180

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward View Post
ok first breakfast down... pina colada...
Oh well step by step.
Kind of started yesterday on my water and watching what I ate but now I have actually started the diet.
Good luck everyone!!
Good luck to you too! I just had my first breakfast too! I did the ready to drink vanilla drink and put some of it in my coffee. Now just trying to drink lots of water.
Have a great day and weekend!
Old 07-08-2011, 01:51 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 263/159/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura G View Post
Thank you. Sometimes it is hard talking to people who have been on the program so long they may have forgotten the initial struggle. It's great to get advice from them, and they are usually supportive, but this is where we can find people in the same boat.
I'm on Day 11. My biggest struggle has been the after dinner sweet tooth/ urge for dessert. I tried making the pudding cakes - what a disaster that was! I've found that the peanut soy puffs work for me when I need something sweet.
My other big struggle is not going overboard on the lean protein. I am usually so hungry by supper that I talk myself into a little extra protein....actually, it wasn't that long ago that I ate a whole roasted chicken by myself! Guess I have some work to do to get this program done right.
But day by day things are coming together. I've mastered breakfast and lunch, so now I need to work on dinner. I'm allergic to most kinds of lettuce, so it limits my options for salad. I'm also allergic to eggs, so my diet gets pretty boring!
This is my third or fourth stab at this program since the end of April. I would get so far and then cheat and quit. This time, I am not quitting. I am in it for the long haul - IF (big IF) I cheat again, it will be a minor slip up in my way of life and will not derail me for more than that minute.
As my siggy says - commit to it! I'm committing every minute of every day to living a healthier life.
This time, it's personal!
YOU CAN DO IT!!!! I may not know you, but believe in you!! We can do anything we truly put our minds and hearts to!!! If no one else, we are all here for you, and each other!!!

Keep us posted on your progress and we can all do the best we can to cheer you on!!!!!
Old 07-08-2011, 02:32 PM   #21  

Height: 5'8"

Greetings everyone!! I have been poking around some other threads, but wanted to introduce myself on this one as well! I am re-starting IP after an 8 month hiatus following my wedding in November 2010, honeymoon and the holidays.. Sadly, I gained a lot of the weight back (started last year at 225 - got down to 187 before my wedding - and am now at 214). But, I am completely to blame, as I did not phase off... So I am totally embarrassed that I let myself gain the weight back - but I am motivated to stick to it now! I started again on Tuesday and am excited to share my experiences with y'all! Good luck!!!
Old 07-08-2011, 02:40 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 211.4/204.4/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone! I started July 4th and things are going well! I'm looking forward to the first weigh in Monday! Fingers crossed for a loss. Once I am on my way down (scale numbers) I always become even more motivated. I haven't felt deprived food wise, just a few times been hungry. Strangely its kind of been nice to FEEL hungry. Usually I just stuff more in and feel bloated and disgusting. I like the empty tummy feeling.
I have 75 pounds to lose so I'll be around for awhile. Nice to meet you all!
Carrie
Old 07-08-2011, 03:02 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 198/158/130

Height: 5"5

I am new to this thread. I was at 148 pound before I got pregnant with my second. I was 200 pounds when I got pregnant with my first. So I am embarrassed to say I ate so much when I was pregnant( working at DQ and eating there everyday prob did not help!!) That I gained over 50 pounds!!!! I was 145 before and 200 going into labor.

I have been working here and there at little changes since I have had my daughter and am now down to 158 pounds. I am very proud of myself although I KNOW this is the hardest part since I am getting so close. I joined Goodlife 2 weeks ago and have been going 1-2 hours 4-5 days a week. Weight lifting, classes, and some cardio equipment. I have not lost anymore weight but have lost inches. I have only 10 pounds to lose but a TON of inches to lose to get back to my pre pregnancy shape. So I know these 10 pounds are going to take a while lol.
I have two goals. My first goal is to be teh weight and measurements I was before I got pregnant by the time my daughter turns one. Then my next goal is to lose even more inches, and get down to around 130-135 ( but I will be going by inches lost at this point more then weight).

I am glad I have a place to come and talk about whatever l need to and in turn talk to others about whatever they need to. WE can all learn a lot from eachother if we allow ourselves
Old 07-08-2011, 04:31 PM   #24  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Ok had my lunch... ok the chicken soup was not my favorite in any way shape or form, I think I didn't use enough water though... whoops may have made a difference.
Haven't had any soda since Wednesday night so started cutting it out a day early. Of course I forgot to eat my veggies I need to go grab those.

How come some of these packets have to taste so bad? I mean flavored Whey is better than some of them lol.
Stay with it everyone, I am the biggest in the thread so far I believe so if I can stay on track we all can!!!
Of course I am on day 1 lol so easier said then done.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:38 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 198/191/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward View Post
Ok had my lunch... ok the chicken soup was not my favorite in any way shape or form, I think I didn't use enough water though... whoops may have made a difference.
Haven't had any soda since Wednesday night so started cutting it out a day early. Of course I forgot to eat my veggies I need to go grab those.

How come some of these packets have to taste so bad? I mean flavored Whey is better than some of them lol.
Stay with it everyone, I am the biggest in the thread so far I believe so if I can stay on track we all can!!!
Of course I am on day 1 lol so easier said then done.
Yes some of them are pretty bad, I had the pinapple banana drink this morning and literally had to choke it down, the banana pudding packet is just as bad. I think I'll stay away from anything banana flavored. I really like the chocolate drink packet though. And I didnt mind the chicken soup too much, I added in some cooked mushrooms and celery. I made stir fry (well more like stir steam) last night with WF asian sauce. Super yummy!
Old 07-08-2011, 04:40 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scofflaw1 View Post
darbi40 -- I feel the same way about exercise, as in I'm going to start exercising in a couple months, feel like it will be much easier once I get some of this weight off. Once I get into it, I end up enjoying it ^_^
coliep- welcome! 20 lbs should be relatively easy to get rid of so keep your head up and don't give up! And hopefully next week you can get some more savory selection. Definitely don't want lots of sweet stuff if that is your downfall!

As for me, I had my second weigh in after one week...lost 7.4 lbs! I LOVE this diet! Unfortunately my body fat went up, but my coach told me he sees that a lot the first week. My inches didnt go down like I wanted them to eather...shrunk a littlle in the hips and chest...oh well
Actually I have 60lbs to lose. Oh no, as of today 55. I wish it was only 20!
Old 07-08-2011, 04:49 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecky View Post
Hi Everyone! I started July 4th and things are going well! I'm looking forward to the first weigh in Monday! Fingers crossed for a loss. Once I am on my way down (scale numbers) I always become even more motivated. I haven't felt deprived food wise, just a few times been hungry. Strangely its kind of been nice to FEEL hungry. Usually I just stuff more in and feel bloated and disgusting. I like the empty tummy feeling.
I have 75 pounds to lose so I'll be around for awhile. Nice to meet you all!
Carrie
I agree, even thought it's sometimes difficult to fend of the hunger until it's time for my next meal. Before I was eating every few hours so I've almost forgotten what hungry feels like. I'm sure your loss will be great. I'm on day 5 and was down 5 lbs this morning. (i'm a little obsessed with the scale)
Old 07-08-2011, 04:59 PM   #28  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Good for you Darbi, congrats on the first 5.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:02 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Default Hmmm

Well, I wish I could say the focus is so OFF food but for me it is so ON food right now! I have eaten all day long to stave off the hunger and am feeling really funky right now. Not sick or nauseas, but in a kind of fog.

I just ate "dinner" at 4:30 because I was starving and that was after a giant lettuce stir fry a few hours ago. I cannot seem to go more than 2 hours without getting really hungry! I tried to take a nap to take my mind off of it and just dreamt of food :/

I am doing well on my water, but have also had 3 cups of 2 (2 herbal, 1 not) with splenda, 3 cups of coffee with splenda, 1 sparkling water, 1 diet RC raspberry (the no cal, no sodium, no carb, splenda stuff). I will probably drink another liter of water wtih my vitamins and then have a shake in a little while. I think I will have to go to bed to avoid thinking about food or eating more!!

Gonna try to go out for a walk in a few with the kids . . . hoping it will take my mind of things and make me thirsty.

Anybody else hear its ok to do the splenda soda? I am not doing a cola, so no additional caffeine. I cannot imagine it can negatively affect the diet but I have no idea . . .

Thinking Thin.

-N
Old 07-08-2011, 05:28 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
Well, I wish I could say the focus is so OFF food but for me it is so ON food right now! I have eaten all day long to stave off the hunger and am feeling really funky right now. Not sick or nauseas, but in a kind of fog.

I just ate "dinner" at 4:30 because I was starving and that was after a giant lettuce stir fry a few hours ago. I cannot seem to go more than 2 hours without getting really hungry! I tried to take a nap to take my mind off of it and just dreamt of food :/

I am doing well on my water, but have also had 3 cups of 2 (2 herbal, 1 not) with splenda, 3 cups of coffee with splenda, 1 sparkling water, 1 diet RC raspberry (the no cal, no sodium, no carb, splenda stuff). I will probably drink another liter of water wtih my vitamins and then have a shake in a little while. I think I will have to go to bed to avoid thinking about food or eating more!!

Gonna try to go out for a walk in a few with the kids . . . hoping it will take my mind of things and make me thirsty.

Anybody else hear its ok to do the splenda soda? I am not doing a cola, so no additional caffeine. I cannot imagine it can negatively affect the diet but I have no idea . . .

Thinking Thin.

-N
Im on day five and am still fighting the hunger, although Im kinda getting used to the feeling and its not as difficult to fight off wanting to eat. I really hope this passes as everyone keeps saying it will. Having the pounds drop is a big motivation though. Stick to it, it's gotta get better or there wouldn't be so many people with such good results.
Closed Thread