Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 06:01 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Ahhh, yes, definitely also worried about life after IP but I am also confident that I can maintain pretty good eating habits. I was decent before but had a late night snack/wine habit and a lot of hormonal changes that I think prevented my weight loss. I think 6 weeks of IP will change my awareness of how/what/when I eat and then feeling fabulous will help me from getting into bad habits. All we can do it commit and move forward, one day at a time. We CAN do it!!

In re Olive Oil. Thanks! I cannot stomach that alone but I will try cooking my morning veggies and IP omelet in a little. The combo might help! Also, she told me today that "sluggish bowels" are common in the first week but it should improve in the next few days; otherwise, I can take MOM or Novi somethingorother. I will try the olive oil and hope for the best!!

I want to put my kids to be at 6pm so I can relax with my hot chocolate drink and go to sleeeeeep!
Old 07-14-2011, 07:50 PM   #152  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

OOOOOOOOkkkkkkayyyyy...its late afternoon and i have found a way to down 4 cups of veggies...mmmmm...veggie soup! and im stuffed..i had a mock ceasar salad for lunch with 2 cups of veggie soup=4 cups of veggies..and i still have two packets to do which i will have when i get home...and i have big mac in a bowl to try tonite for dinner!...woot!

We are doing good..we are doin good...j
Old 07-15-2011, 03:26 AM   #153  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Well i survived another day without cheating..just wondering if this stomach of mine is going to co-operate.. I went out and bought some Ultra Fibre...its a dietary supplement for fibre...to help me go..lets see if it works..i drank my water.. i ate all my veggies plus two salads... i had my dinner...loved my packets..and now lets hope for at least a little change on the scale.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:38 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 189/175/155

Height: 5'8

Default Starting the 29th

My name is Amy, I am 41. Seeing a Dr. on the 29th, hopefully that will be my start date . I have about 25 pounds to lose. Gained 20 in 3 months after a seperation, and sadly started smoking. My goal is to get back in shape and stop smoking, but need to lose this weight first. Feeling hopeful!
Old 07-15-2011, 08:17 AM   #155  
Me (middle) & Sistas

S/C/G: 141.8/138.4/117

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaliayosa View Post
My name is Amy, I am 41. Seeing a Dr. on the 29th, hopefully that will be my start date . I have about 25 pounds to lose. Gained 20 in 3 months after a seperation, and sadly started smoking. My goal is to get back in shape and stop smoking, but need to lose this weight first. Feeling hopeful!
Welcome Amy. You'll find a lot of support here. I am on day 7 and have found it easy and rewarding. Good luck and stayed tuned in here!
Old 07-15-2011, 09:11 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Well i survived another day without cheating..just wondering if this stomach of mine is going to co-operate.. I went out and bought some Ultra Fibre...its a dietary supplement for fibre...to help me go..lets see if it works..i drank my water.. i ate all my veggies plus two salads... i had my dinner...loved my packets..and now lets hope for at least a little change on the scale.
I had a similar issue. They told me to try Milk of Magnesia. I bought it yesterday, it worked this morning. I feel much better. And lighter!

I am used to a very high fiber diet so this transition has been challenging. The MOM might be my new best friend!

On another note, I cannot turn down the free babysitting offer today at a local fitness studio so I am going to do an hour Zumba class and then tonight is my usual 15 min abs. Think I may need an extra packet to compensate. Had a great breakfast - the fine herb and cheese omelet IP, 20 ounces water, cup of black coffee (yay me), and a romaine stir fry. Stuffed and energized.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:53 AM   #157  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Default 1st week: -11 pounds, 2nd week: - 5 pounds

Hello everybody,

This is the first time I post anything, I just registered and still don't know much about this site, I get lost between threads, but I guess I will get used to it.

I started the ideal protein diet two weeks ago and I lost already 16 pounds, that is really amazing, after I tried almost everything and gained back all the weight and got discouraged, I have lots of hope in this diet, it is transforming me from the inside out.

I am still so scared that I would not reach my goal, I go through tough time now and then, but so far so good, I'm sticking to it as I never did with anything else.

I hit 250 pounds and I was so desperate to lose weight, I started by counting calories and lost a little bit then gained a little bit, all in all after one month of extreme exercising, I found myself at 248 and this is when I started the Ideal Protein.

Now I am at 232 pounds and I hope I will keep on losing an everage of 5 pounds a week so I can feel good again.

Thanks everybody for sharing your stories, it's so inspiring.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:54 AM   #158  
Me (middle) & Sistas

S/C/G: 141.8/138.4/117

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Hello everybody,

This is the first time I post anything, I just registered and still don't know much about this site, I get lost between threads, but I guess I will get used to it.

I started the ideal protein diet two weeks ago and I lost already 16 pounds, that is really amazing, after I tried almost everything and gained back all the weight and got discouraged, I have lots of hope in this diet, it is transforming me from the inside out.

I am still so scared that I would not reach my goal, I go through tough time now and then, but so far so good, I'm sticking to it as I never did with anything else.

I hit 250 pounds and I was so desperate to lose weight, I started by counting calories and lost a little bit then gained a little bit, all in all after one month of extreme exercising, I found myself at 248 and this is when I started the Ideal Protein.

Now I am at 232 pounds and I hope I will keep on losing an everage of 5 pounds a week so I can feel good again.

Thanks everybody for sharing your stories, it's so inspiring.
Welcome! You'll find a lot of good support and information here. Glad you found it.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:51 AM   #159  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Finally day 7..... tired today, but that's because I didn't get enough sleep last night nothing else.
Should be an easy day though, it's Friday, I have to leave at 2:45 today because my little one is having his second round of immunizations and then I have physical therapy afterwards.

Going to finally try the chocolate drink for breakfast this morning, and then going to give the pink lemonade a try for lunch.

Man I worked on those southern cheese curls for over an hour last night for my snack and still didn't finish them all, those are pretty dang good I must say.

Should be a pretty relaxing weekend for a change, nothing too stressful, have to get the oil changed on the wife's car Saturday morning, do a recycling run, and get some biking in, but other than that really nothing.

Anyone have any big plans for the weekend?
Have a good day everyone
Old 07-15-2011, 11:38 AM   #160  
Started IP July 8th

O.k. I have to say something, for those of you that haven't tried the Chocolate Drink.... wow, it was pretty fricken good.
Didn't taste like a diet drink, didn't taste like whey, it was actually very drinkable.
I could go on with those and cappuccino alone if I had to.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:07 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Have a back-up plan for the pink lemonade one - I think they're disgusting! Don't expect it to taste like pink lemonade! (Just saying, IMO....)
Old 07-15-2011, 12:12 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/175

Height: 5' 5

Quote:
Hi Amy,

I too am 41 but have a little more weight to lose than you! ;0) I'm going for 100 lbs (42 down, 52 to go)... I divorced 5 years ago and gained 50 lbs while dating the love of my life... our dating seemed to revolve around meals at various restaurants, movies with popcorn, parties with food and alcohol. etc... we both gained - henced we are both doing IP together now!

Also, I am on day 11 of no smoking... I did laser therapy for that one and I gotta tell ya - I feel wayyyyyyy better - I had quit previously (for 4 years actually) and the cheating on smoking is just alot like cheating on IP... you can't have 'just one'... no such thing!

Anyway - glad you found this board, it has helped to keep me inspired more than you can imagine and I can't believe how excited I am to get up in the morning, come to work, get my work and water done so that I can get on this board to see what all my cyber buddies are up to! Welcome - and enjoy the new you!!!
Old 07-15-2011, 12:21 PM   #163  
Started IP 7/8/11

S/C/G: 258.8/183/180

Height: 5'9"

Did my first week weigh in today! I am pretty excited about losing 9.4lbs in one week!!
Congrats on the success you are all having!! It's great to have a newbie thread. Have a great weekend!!
Old 07-15-2011, 12:24 PM   #164  
Started IP July 8th

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahDC View Post
Did my first week weigh in today! I am pretty excited about losing 9.4lbs in one week!!
Congrats on the success you are all having!! It's great to have a newbie thread. Have a great weekend!!

Congrats!!!! keep up the great work!
Old 07-15-2011, 12:37 PM   #165  
Started IP 07/05/2011

S/C/G: 230/215/150

Height: 5' 5"

I am so glad to find this forum as I seem to struggle with the same things as a lot of you...and have the same questions that are being answered here. My biggest struggle so far is the nauseous feeling I get in between the protein packs and meals. I think it's my body adjusting to being hungry (instead of my usual grazing throughout the day). I've seen a lot of more experienced posters that say the vegetables have to be eaten in mealtime sittings...not spread out over the day...to maximize the fat burning effect of ketosis. By grazing on the veggies your body doesn't get a chance to go into "hungry mode" and burn the fat we are all trying to lose.

I thought this was a very valuable point because I had been preparing vegetables and then snacking on them all day long to get the 4 cups in. Sitting down to a meal and trying to eat a protein pack, lettuce and 2 cups of veggies seems really difficult...but I get the full satisfaction I'm craving. It's almost like eating a meal I would have eaten before IP but without all of the carbs, fat and calories.

Good luck to everyone and I hope you all stick around!
Closed Thread