Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 06:10 PM   #121  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyfer View Post
Stupid diet. Saturday morning and I couldn't sleep in. Up bright and early full of energy....very nice really. Went for WI#1. Down 5 pounds. Lost 2 inches off my waist plus some others, but nothing off my boobs. I'm watching that one. I once lost 50 pounds on Weight Watchers and my cup never didn't go down at all. I'm sporting a 52" chest at the moment, so if it doesn't reduce I'm gonna look like a pretty weird skinny girl!
hehehehehehe - I lost 10" off my bust line in 4 months, but not an ounce out of the cup. The day I hit 4 months on program, I had a breast reduction and went from a 38DD to a 34B... I know your chest is bigger than mine was, but I completely understand what you're going through!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcswain View Post
I don't know if anybody else has the same problem I do, but even after losing so much weight and people saying "you are wasting away to nothing" (which I am not), sometimes I have a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that I am wearing smaller clothes and do look different.
I'm having that problem too. Seriously, I could have written that last paragraph. I just bought a full length mirror today because I haven't had one in 5 years and suddenly I can see all of my body at once. Wow, I really have changed!
Old 04-09-2011, 06:59 PM   #122  

Went for WI#5 and am down 15 pounds in total. I didn't lose anything in pounds this week but lost inches on my arms hips and thighs but gained on my waist. Also lost 5% body fat and gained 4% muscle. My ketosis was at 160 which my doctors says is the highest reading.

I have not been strict protocol. I don't eat any restricted or high carbs but I will eat proteins that aren't on the list. I also add the occasional low carb item to spice things up. I'm a big believer in "many different roads lead to Rome" so I do what works for me. My plan is to be off IP by the end of May. It's been okay but it's not the real world for me. The things I have learned are invaluable though and I know that I'm a carb addict so will have to be very careful about them in the future. I went out today with a girlfriend who hadn't seem me since before IP and she commented that I looked younger and thinner. I wore size 8 jeans today and I needed a belt. Only 11 pounds to go!
Old 04-09-2011, 08:28 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 258/214/150

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannyOgg View Post
WAY TO GO at the restaurant!!!

Not sure about your MIL, but I know mine would be insulted if I felt like I had to go off plan because I didn't feel comfortable bringing my own stuff. I say go for it! What a great conversation starter to sharing the details of the plan. Who knows, if there is someone there who wants to lose a little, maybe they'll see your progress and that you can have yummy food and you'll inspire them!
nannyogg, i am from hixson too! i just started ideal protein today. i am so excited. what do you think about it?
Old 04-09-2011, 08:48 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 151/138.2/130

Well I did it. Day one tomorrow. I hope I don't get too sick that I cannot work. I got an extra box this week just in case I get hungry. Well I guess this is the start of my journey.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:14 PM   #125  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpoty View Post
Well I did it. Day one tomorrow. I hope I don't get too sick that I cannot work. I got an extra box this week just in case I get hungry. Well I guess this is the start of my journey.
Welcome. Read through all these threads. There is a lot of good advice. I wish you all the best -- this diet is great.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:19 PM   #126  
Restarting IP 2/14/2014

S/C/G: 279/264/160

Height: 5'6

Monday will be 6 weeks for me!! My size 14 jeans have been getting baggy (I started out at size 16) and so I went to Old Navy and bought a pair of 12s!!! I can't believe it! I have muffin top with them, but I had that same muffin top with the 14s that are now baggy just 2-3 weeks ago. Even better is I could buy size large shirts!! I carry my weight mainly in the upper part of my body, shirts always fit me oddly and I always had to buy XL-XXL.This is just what I needed after not seeing changes with the scale, I feel like I've been stuck between 202-205 FOREVER now (forever being over a week). Onderland is so close yet coming so slow!! Time to buckle down and be more strict!

Last edited by TatiN; 04-09-2011 at 09:28 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:44 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Well, I had been strong and I was doing amazing (except for the toast with 12-year-old Scotch last night) but today I really blew it! I started out good: vanilla RTD drink box for breakfast, water in the car, protein bar & water during the reception after the memorial... but I did not get around to preparing my own food for dinner. I ate the burger, without the bun, and had ceasar salad (iwth whatever dressing they put on it) and had pickles and tomatoes. I broke out my salt & vinegar ridges when everyone had chips BUT... I did not resist the dessert. I tried, I really did... but it was stronger than me with that big platter just sitting there in front of me. I was very reasonable in my portions though... but almost doesn't count when dealing with ketosis. I also had two rum & diet colas.

Time to close that chapter and move on. I guess I should go back to doing IP as I did the first weeks with (almost) no restricteds and no limited veggies for the next week. I am going to try.

Sometimes life happens. :-( I am still proud of how well I have done under the circumstances. I am now crossing my fingers that I won't get too sick from this... and that going back into ketosis won't be too brutal on my body!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 04-09-2011 at 10:34 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:47 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 258/214/150

Height: 5'3

i started today, and i am so excited. my problem is, i am not really sure what to eat, yes i have the list, but are you supposed to eat all that and all the ip packets too? it just seems like a lot of food to me. i am eating romaine lettuce now cause i have not ate hardly any veggies. i have had broccoli. am i doing it right? also, which dressing taste the best?
Old 04-09-2011, 11:31 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I know you have to eat four cups of any of the veggies per day and romaine doesn't count. Does your list tell you what to eat for each meal? It's important to follow the plan!

I'm super struggling. I finally made lemon bars today and they're sitting in the kitchen calling me. Honestly thank goodness for the bar I ate because with lout it I'd have given in. No lie, I may have an extra restricted bar tomorrow if I think I can't resist otherwise. Frankly I think an extra restricted is better for the diet (and probably me) so that's the plan. But let me say, they're amazing lemon bars. I'll make them again after this diet so I can have one!

Last edited by AprilH3; 04-09-2011 at 11:32 PM. Reason: I can't spell.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:26 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Susieb
Yes, life goes on! I am sure you will be fine fir the next few days. Stay away from the scale! You might have a few pounds up, water weight, but it will soon be gone!
I hate weekends, there always seems to be a reason to cheat! Bur overall I am succeeding and so will you!
Old 04-10-2011, 01:06 AM   #131  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalchuckgracie View Post
i started today, and i am so excited. my problem is, i am not really sure what to eat, yes i have the list, but are you supposed to eat all that and all the ip packets too? it just seems like a lot of food to me. i am eating romaine lettuce now cause i have not ate hardly any veggies. i have had broccoli. am i doing it right? also, which dressing taste the best?
When you say list do you mean the phase 1 protocol sheet? I assume so. It tells you what to eat and how much at each meal. Below that is the list of ALLOWED meats, vegetables, occasional veg., those veg. not permitted and seasonings.
If your coach is allowing you to have restricted Ip packets at this time you can have only 1 per day and 2 non restricted items.

Measure your veg. and weight your meats before cooking them. Lettuce does not count as part of your vegetables, it is extra or free. Be sure to eat everything, no more no less. It may seem like a lot at first. Eat your vegetables and then lettuce if needed. Don't eat lettuce and leave off vegetables.

Yes, you eat the meat, vegetables and Ip packet amounts as listed.

May 25,2010 was my first day, I remember it very well. It takes a little time to get your mind wrapped around this program. Once you do it will be as easy as falling off a log. LOL. Let us know if you read this post. We can't do this program for you, but we are here to help. We were all new at one time. You can do this if you want to. Have I cleared up some points for You? Judy
Old 04-10-2011, 07:31 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Susieb
Yes, life goes on! I am sure you will be fine fir the next few days. Stay away from the scale! You might have a few pounds up, water weight, but it will soon be gone!
I hate weekends, there always seems to be a reason to cheat! Bur overall I am succeeding and so will you!
Thank you!

I would love to stay away from the scale but tomorrow is my WI! I just have to suck it up, be accountable and move on by trying to be a better and stronger person for next time.

I am so determined to make this work. Some days are definitely harder than others and I am learning to accept that some situations are more extreme than others (loss of a loved one, losing one's job, being hospitalized, being taken out to lunch by one's employer, etc.). There are times when staying on track just won't happen. I regret eating too much at dinner, eating the sweets (even though it was a small amount) and having alcohol two nights in a row but refusing to participate in toasting a dearly departed loved one would have been difficult at best and very badly perceived in my family. The food, I should have walked away from but what's done is done.

The wonderful thing about today is that I get to start all over again and I am not "starting" at the weight that I was the last time I started!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 04-10-2011 at 07:32 AM.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:27 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 240/208/150

Height: 5'7"

Sigh. I'm getting so confused about the veggies. I thought it was 2 cups lettuce plus 2 cups allowed veggies. Is it really 4 cups allowed veggies? Cause that would be great. 2 never seems like enough.

Holly
Old 04-10-2011, 09:37 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 460/411/150 24" lost!

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalchuckgracie View Post
nannyogg, i am from hixson too! i just started ideal protein today. i am so excited. what do you think about it?
Wow! What a small world! I just started my second week today and I LOVE it! I'll be honest, the first week was HARD. But I have more energy and am losing inches! My husband, who is not on the plan but is forced to eat better because we de-carbed the house, has lost 7 pounds this week!! Do you get your products from Nutrition World?
Old 04-10-2011, 09:42 AM   #135  

S/C/G: 460/411/150 24" lost!

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
Well, I had been strong and I was doing amazing (except for the toast with 12-year-old Scotch last night) but today I really blew it! I started out good: vanilla RTD drink box for breakfast, water in the car, protein bar & water during the reception after the memorial... but I did not get around to preparing my own food for dinner. I ate the burger, without the bun, and had ceasar salad (iwth whatever dressing they put on it) and had pickles and tomatoes. I broke out my salt & vinegar ridges when everyone had chips BUT... I did not resist the dessert. I tried, I really did... but it was stronger than me with that big platter just sitting there in front of me. I was very reasonable in my portions though... but almost doesn't count when dealing with ketosis. I also had two rum & diet colas.

Time to close that chapter and move on. I guess I should go back to doing IP as I did the first weeks with (almost) no restricteds and no limited veggies for the next week. I am going to try.

Sometimes life happens. :-( I am still proud of how well I have done under the circumstances. I am now crossing my fingers that I won't get too sick from this... and that going back into ketosis won't be too brutal on my body!
I think that for the circumstances you were in, you did a great job! It could have been a lot worse! I know I couldn't have dealt with it as well as you did. The important thing is to keep going and don't give up because of one weak moment.
Closed Thread