Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 06:54 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Thursday, 7 April 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Daily Chat - 6 April 2011
Old 04-07-2011, 07:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning all!

I will be making the big mac in a bowl tonight, and was wondering if anyone has seen or calculated the total carb / fat / calories in that recipe?

tks
Old 04-07-2011, 07:52 AM   #3  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Good morning all my IP friends! Thank you for the kind birthday wishes. Didn't do anything exciting, ate a nice grilled steak and chinesse green beans with my family. Played poker and they did not let the birthday boy win, said I won enough last week. There will always be the next game next week.

WI# 13 for me this morning and lost another 3.6#, gone for good. I will be updating my progress pics with another one either tonight or tomorrow. I need to see visually where I am and compare to the others to help me decide how much further to go.

Congrats to everyones acomplishments yesterday and NSV's. NSV for me has been my neighbor has started IP after seeing my results. I have also had a couple other people at work ask about my weight loss and what I was doing. I think one person is rather serious about doing it. I would love to help those around me who would like to do it. The program works, even if you do not use IP products, you just have to understand the information and know what to do.

Good luck to all WI's today and will be interested to see how everyone does today.

WE CAN DO THIS AND ARE DOING IT!
Old 04-07-2011, 08:01 AM   #4  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Good morning all!

I will be making the big mac in a bowl tonight, and was wondering if anyone has seen or calculated the total carb / fat / calories in that recipe?

tks
I think this will be a hard question to answer since there are so many variables that make up this dish. It depends on the ground meat you use, do you use ground turkey or beef? The lettuce you choose, I use iceberg. Will you cut up pickles and onions and use them in your big mac bowl?

We eat this every Tuesday night and love it. We just call it burger in a bowl since we can not stand the thousand island dressing. I alternate using turkey and beef, use iceberg lettuce and chop up onions and pickles. I used mustard instead of dressing.

Sorry I could not answer your question.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Had a great weigh in yesterday down 4 lbs...I am now so close to my goal..4 lbs away...
yesterday I also joined the gym....signed up for a hottie body class....and I'm going to start looking for a new red swimsuit..that is for my goal..and even if the pool is not ready i'm taking a swim...
66 lbs gone...wow I can't believe it..
If you have days that you tell yourself you don't think you can..well guess what..YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!

Old 04-07-2011, 08:57 AM   #6  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Juice - Happy belated birthday. Hope you had a blast. Nice job on the WI today.

Judogirl - you are only 4 lbs from goal....OMG you must me so excited....I am excited for you.

As anyone had the coconut greenmountain coffee? I have a new love and mixed it with my IP chocolate pudding that I made into a shake this morning and I can say is OMG! Kind of reminding me of a sinful Cword bar! Yummy!

My WI is tomorrow looking forward to it. I have not peaked on the scale this week I am waiting for the WI. Had a NSV yesterday. My office had a happy hour and the quote I got was "Ally I can not believe how skinny you are getting" it is the world skinny that I loved! If they only knew I had so much more weight to go. But I will take the compliment.

Hope everyone has a great OP day.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/220/120

Height: 5'3"

Just wanted to stop by this morning to say 'Hi!". This week has not been fun at all. On Saturday we started with the first sick kid and slowly it has been moving through the house. I have been sick since Monday.

I will have to admit that I have not been on IP for this whole week cause about the only thing I have had is 7-up. So not expecting much on the scale this week . Hopefully next week will be way better.

Congrats to Judy!! Yea only 4 more to go!!!

Happy Birthday Juice!!
Old 04-07-2011, 09:20 AM   #8  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Had a great weigh in yesterday down 4 lbs...I am now so close to my goal..4 lbs away...
yesterday I also joined the gym....signed up for a hottie body class....and I'm going to start looking for a new red swimsuit..that is for my goal..and even if the pool is not ready i'm taking a swim...
If you have days that you tell yourself you don't think you can..well guess what..YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!

Great job! Must feel great being so close to your goal! Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post

Judogirl - you are only 4 lbs from goal....OMG you must me so excited....I am excited for you.

As anyone had the coconut greenmountain coffee? I have a new love and mixed it with my IP chocolate pudding that I made into a shake this morning and I can say is OMG! Kind of reminding me of a sinful Cword bar! Yummy!

My WI is tomorrow looking forward to it. I have not peaked on the scale this week I am waiting for the WI. Had a NSV yesterday. My office had a happy hour and the quote I got was "Ally I can not believe how skinny you are getting" it is the world skinny that I loved! If they only knew I had so much more weight to go. But I will take the compliment.

Thank you. You have been doing great and deserve the compliments! Keep up the hard work, it is paying off!
Old 04-07-2011, 09:31 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post

Good for you! You inspire me. I go for #4 WI today. Wow, 66 lbs gone...I need to lose 65 and right now it seems unsurmountable! I have lost 14 so far and am hoping to have lost some more today! All of your stories keep me going. I can't look at the IP chocolate pudding anymore~ I still like the drinks so this is a big help.

Last edited by angelbeliever; 04-07-2011 at 09:32 AM. Reason: wrong phrasing
Old 04-07-2011, 09:38 AM   #10  

Quote:

I LOVE the island coconut green mountain coffee....I am sick of the chocolate pudding so maybe I will keep it and mix the coffee with it~~ Who would have thought?? Congraulations on your incredible weight loss. I have WI today. It always stresses me. But, I have not cheated so I should have lost at least a few pounds. I am trying to relearn the hula hoop. It was easy when I was a kid. I can't keep it up for love nor money~~~ I am so thankful for the support I am receiving on this site.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:48 AM   #11  
IP with alternatives

S/C/G: 202/Ticker/140

Height: 5.4

Great SV yesterday!
After weeks of cheats and on-off protocol, I finally had a good week! Weigh in last night and I'm down another 3.8 LBS! I didn't check the sacle all week, so it was a surprise. Now I think I can hold off all the cravings for easter chocolate, pizza, wine and the list goes on, because I am again seeing the results! Besides I have a few cheat days booked in May and June for weddings, so I have to give the program my all untill then!

Good Luck everyone! It works!

Last edited by JCWilkie; 04-07-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:53 AM   #12  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Juiceman - glad you had a great birthday, and keep rockin' the weight loss! You keep me motivated.

Judogirl - Awesome job! I'm so proud of you, and just think how awesome you're going to look in that red swimsuit!

I'm trying to stay motivated today. I got on the scale at home this morning, and I'm only about 3# down (WI #2 is tomorrow), and I'm retaining water. It might be from the antibiotic I'm on or the steroid shot I got earlier in the week for my sinus and ear infection. I hope I can drink enough water to flush it all out today. I was really hoping for another 5 lbs this week.

Also, do all of you eat your "snack packet" at night after dinner, or do you switch it up and eat it at other times during the day?

Thanks and I hope everyone has a rocking day! Oh, and work good news...I'm getting a promotion! I found out yesterday, and I'm pretty pumped.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:54 AM   #13  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Drive-by posting and will try to catch up later. I went to NYC for 2 days on business. Of course, I took the rain with me. (That's an ongoing joke that isn't very funny anymore).

Stayed at great hotel with build your own entree selection from room service and was able to stay completely on program the whole time. Weighed myself this morning and was only 1/2 lb higher than when I left, which I consider to be random error. I can live this program!

Will catch up later.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:11 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 181/162/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

I LOVE the Green Mountain Coconut coffee. I did the same thing, mixed it with my choc IP packet to make a shake. That was my "go to" breakfast when I did IP the first time (last summer). During the winter months (when I restarted IP) I used the Pumpkin coffee mixed with vanilla RTD. Such a great way to have my morning joe without using milk or sugar.

Isn't it great when people start noticing your weight loss and paying compliments...congrats! Good luck at your weigh in tomorrow.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:29 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jartiles View Post
I LOVE the Green Mountain Coconut coffee. I did the same thing, mixed it with my choc IP packet to make a shake. That was my "go to" breakfast when I did IP the first time (last summer). During the winter months (when I restarted IP) I used the Pumpkin coffee mixed with vanilla RTD. Such a great way to have my morning joe without using milk or sugar.

Isn't it great when people start noticing your weight loss and paying compliments...congrats! Good luck at your weigh in tomorrow.
I am so glad I found out about this site~ I was ready to turn the chocolate pudding in but have changed my mind. I guess I am not an inventive person. Can't wait to use the pumpkin coffee with the vanilla. How about the gingerbread with the vanilla also...wooo hooo..... Everyone have a great day. We are on an incredible journey together
Closed Thread