Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 04:20 PM   #166  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post

What I like to do with my chicken (and my husband loves it too!) is to cut chicken breasts into nugget size pieces, dip in beaten egg and then bread in crushed sw cheese curls (or you could use the BBQ puffs, etc). Bake at 350 for 30 minutes and you have some awesome chicken nuggets!
Ooooh. I am definitely going to make this. Thanks for the idea.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:50 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 166/160/133

Height: 5'7'

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteandcute View Post
How to get back at it: Reread the phase 1 protocol sheet and start following it NOW. Has your coach told you some things to do to help with the hunger? Don't stress out over the cheat, stress hinders weight loss. This program will work for you like it has for me and so many others. I can't make you like vegetables or not get tired of them. You will have to work on that thinking yourself. Carbs and sweets were my weakness before IP. Not anymore!!! I have learned so much over the past 10 months. Try eating different veg. this week, focus on what you want from this program and why. I wanted to lose weight badly and I was sooooo thankful to have found a way to do. Let us hear how you are doing. Judy
Thanks Judy, I will try my best, and keep you posted
Old 04-10-2011, 05:10 PM   #168  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Ooooh. I am definitely going to make this. Thanks for the idea.
You should! They're wonderful. If you have metal cooling racks, I'd suggest putting that on a cookie sheet (I still line my cookie sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup) and really coating the rack with some Pam spray. Baking the nuggets on the rack means that the bottoms aren't nasty & soggy.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:22 PM   #169  

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tate View Post
Ok, so I can understand why you would feel badly----but today is a new day!! As to the hunger issue--I spent almost 2 and a half weeks feeling like i was hungry enough to chew off my own arm. For me, it was was just part of the process. Now, I am often hungry, but it is bearable. I suppose I have just grown accustomed to being hungry. I feel like I have a choice--I can learn to live with hunger and lose a lot of weight quickly, or I can give in and cheat and not lose weight as quickly. There were other diet programs I tried where I was not hungry, and I did lose weight, but not as quickly as I have on IP. At some point, on ANY diet, you are going to have to learn to live with hunger. Once you reduce calories, your body "fights back" with particularly strong hunger pangs to get you to eat more. It's tough!

This is an extremely low calorie diet. Some people combat hunger by eating lots of salad. I prefer hunger to that option. Some people when in ketosis find they are not hungry at all. I am not one of those people. So maybe once your body gets settled into the diet you will not be hungry, or you can fight hunger by filling up on salad, or you can learn to live hungry until you have lost the weight you want to lose. Whatever you choose, best of luck to you and glad you posted up!

P.S. I also am a veggie "hater" but found a few I can live with. Choke them down. This is temporary---you just have to decide if this is worth it or not. Monotonous, sure? Uncomfortable? Sure. But I am desperate enough to deal with these things if that is the cost of losing weight. You just have to decide whether or not YOU are desperate enough to be willing to make HUGE changes in what you eat, be willing to give up food for comfort, and recognize it is only fuel, and stay committed.
Thanks so much, great advice. You are right about haow bad do you want it!!!
Old 04-10-2011, 05:27 PM   #170  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettingItOff View Post
Don't beat yourself up. Think of all the money you have already invested in the program and brush yourself off and get back on the program immediately! Start drinking water, maybe 1-2 glasses each time, when you rise, after breakfast and later. If you have cravings, try eating a dill pickle or two and that also counts towards your 2 cups of veggies. Try and introduce a new veggie each week to make it more interesting. Rotate your packets, find the ones you really like and stick with those. Maybe next week try one you haven't had yet. Hang in there, it gets easier once you get used to it.
Thanks, it's great to know there are others out there who have slipped too! Next week will be better.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:49 PM   #171  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Planning to tweak this a tiny bit and will post on recipe thread if it's not terrible

Celery Root Soup

Eight to Ten Servings

My friend Judy, who teaches cooking in Tuscany, taught me to slice garlic very thinly, rather than mince it, which can cause it to burn. And I’ve been doing that even since. I like a mix of chicken stock and water, or you can use all water. Since moving to France, where canned chicken stock isn’t available (although “the cube” is), I’ve become a convert to homemade stock, which really makes a world of difference.

As mentioned, soup is great because you can take it in so many different directions. Especially this one. I’ve mentioned a few garnishes that you might want to try at the end of the recipe, but I’ve been sprinkling my bowls of celery root soup with smoked salt, which can be found in well-stocked grocery stores and specialty shops. I love it.

2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 leeks, cleaned and chopped
sea salt
2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
one large celery root (about 3-pounds, 1.5kg), peeled and cubed
3 cups (750ml) chicken stock
3 cups (750ml) water
1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly-ground white pepper
scant 1/8 teaspoon chile powder (I used Rancho Gordo)

1. In a large pot, melt the butter with the olive oil.

2. Add the leeks and cook for about five minutes, stirring frequently. Add the garlic cloves and season with salt, and continue to cook until the leeks and garlic are soft and translucent. If the pot begins to brown too much on the bottom as they cook, add another pat of butter or pour of olive oil.

3. Add the celery root and stock. (Or use all water.) Bring to a boil, then reduce to a strong simmer. Cook, with the lid to the pot ajar on top, until the celery root pieces are soft and easily pierced with a paring knife, about forty five minutes.

4. Add white pepper and chile powder, the purée using a hand mixer, or let the soup cool to room temperature and whiz in a blender until smooth. Taste, and season with additional salt and pepper if desired. If the soup is too thick, it can be thinned with water or stock.

To serve, rewarm the soup in a saucepan and ladle into bowls.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:51 PM   #172  

Thanks to everyone for all your help, and personal stories. It really does make this seem easier!
Old 04-10-2011, 06:32 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Hey everyone! Glad to see such great convos going on all weekend

It's been a crazy busy few days for me so this is a drive by post but wanted to pat myself on the back a bit as I photographed an elaborate (Italian) bridal shower Friday evening that had an ENORMOUS amount of home made pastries, candy and other unmentionables and I honestly didn't even find it HARD to resist! Then, just today, I went to a baby shower and knew I was going to be faced with temptation once again so I had packed up my water and some WF dressing, hoping there was a veggie tray, and there was I was again able to get through another event without being tempted OR sad that I couldn't partake in what everyone else was having. The feeling of being proud of my accomplishments FAR outweighs any negative feelings about not being able to "enjoy" at this point. I know I will again eventually and that's good enough for me

Anyways, I also want to ask...the recipe with the chicken nuggets and cheese puffs thing sounds FABULOUS!!! My only concern is wondering if that's too much "protein" in one meal?

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone
Old 04-10-2011, 06:34 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 460/411/150 24" lost!

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess20 View Post
Hi all, I started IP om Monday, was doing ok, but very hungry and sooo sick of vegetables already! So i cheated on Saturday (badly I may add I know I am not in ketosis anymore but I was craving sweets , I seem to be very hungry all the time. Any suggestions on how to get back at it. I feel bad and I really want this program to work for me.
Don't beat yourself up. Hunger is a very powerful feeling and some food can be just as addictive as drugs and alcohol. I started a week ago today. Last week had its ups and many downs. When I craved sweets I made a cup of hot decaf tea, such as black cherry or raspberry zinger. I sweetened it with stevia dn it felt like I was cheating! So good! Plus, hot drinks can drive the hunger away.

About the veggies, take a look at the recipe threads and the tips for newbies threads. The same vegetables prepared the same way can easily get old. Try to find recipes that incorporate the vegetables in with the meat, like a stir fry or the sloppy joe recipe (looks so good and am trying it this week after I get my WF ketchup). The turnip "fries" were also amazing. I don't think I baked them long enough to be crispy fries, but they tasted like the home fries my Mammaw used to cook for Sunday supper.

Do you like omelets? The herb and cheese omelet packet is great with sauteed mushrooms, asparagus, or any of your favorite veggies!

But again, most of all don't beat yourself up. The important part if to pick yourself back up and keep on going. You are worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinking Sandra View Post
Just felt like bragging. This week I lost 6lbs!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Yesterday here in toronto the weather was amazing. I took my daughter to a birthday party, and was tempted by the hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza, chips, coke, (I used to drink A LOT) and cupcakes. I am proud to say I didn't have ANYTHING and was so proud.
Whoa! Double whoa! Awesome! You deserve to brag! about both the loss and the resisting temptation! Woo hoo!

Last edited by NannyOgg; 04-10-2011 at 06:36 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-10-2011, 06:42 PM   #175  

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalchuckgracie View Post
are you on face book? if you are you should friend me. crystal chuck jacobs is the name! maybe we can go veggie shopping sometime, lol
Not on Facebook anymore. At least for a while. I was getting addicted to it. I think I need to only have one internet addiction and right now it should be this forum. Plus Facebook had too many games!

Shopping wears me out, but not as much as it used to. A co-worker of the hubs said that the Chattanooga Market has a ton of veggies in the summer. And they're home grown! Maybe we could meet up there sometime! Imagine all of the yummy stuff we could get!
Old 04-10-2011, 06:47 PM   #176  
Ray

S/C/G: 170.6/170.6/135

Height: 5 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettingItOff View Post
Don't beat yourself up. Think of all the money you have already invested in the program and brush yourself off and get back on the program immediately! Start drinking water, maybe 1-2 glasses each time, when you rise, after breakfast and later. If you have cravings, try eating a dill pickle or two and that also counts towards your 2 cups of veggies. Try and introduce a new veggie each week to make it more interesting. Rotate your packets, find the ones you really like and stick with those. Maybe next week try one you haven't had yet. Hang in there, it gets easier once you get used to it.
Princess20! Hang in there. I'm not real crazy about veggies either and I started to really enjoy some veggies steamed in the ziploc steam bags for the microwave. I will put cauliflower,fresh mushrooms a little brocolli, grapseed oil and onion powder and mic for about 3 mins. Its YUMMY! I also like asparagus done that way too. These ziploc bags are super fast and sometimes I just don't want raw veggies. Goodluck!

Last edited by Ray; 04-10-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:49 PM   #177  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
What I like to do with my chicken (and my husband loves it too!) is to cut chicken breasts into nugget size pieces, dip in beaten egg and then bread in crushed sw cheese curls (or you could use the BBQ puffs, etc). Bake at 350 for 30 minutes and you have some awesome chicken nuggets!
OMG! You had my mouth watering! I bet they would be good dipped in a little hot mustard or Frank's hot sauce!
Old 04-10-2011, 06:54 PM   #178  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Anyways, I also want to ask...the recipe with the chicken nuggets and cheese puffs thing sounds FABULOUS!!! My only concern is wondering if that's too much "protein" in one meal?
Good question! I'm going to say no, it shouldn't be an issue. The restricted packets are already lower in protein than the rest of the packets are, and if you are only breading 5 or 6 oz of chicken, you're using roughly 1/3 of the pkg (when I make it for just me, I crush half of the package up and end up tossing some of it at the end). I don't even count this as my 3rd packet for the day, though I try not to have any other restricted packets in the course of the day because I like my nuggets with reduced sugar Heinz ketchup.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:56 PM   #179  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannyOgg View Post
OMG! You had my mouth watering! I bet they would be good dipped in a little hot mustard or Frank's hot sauce!
Seriously, they're fabulous. The first time I made them, I made my husband's with crushed Ritz crackers because I hoard my cheese curls, and he liked mine better. Now I make his and mine with the curls. I also sprinkle in some seasonings with the crumbs. They taste just like regular chicken nuggets. And baking them makes them nice and crunchy!
Old 04-10-2011, 07:19 PM   #180  

S/C/G: Weight loss goal 60 pounds

omg so I just went through my closet and culled a bunch of clothes that don't fit anymore and tried ona bunch that were too small! wow I should do that more often a definite boost for the ol self esteem! Clothes that I hadn't worn in years now fit! I even tried on a size 12! (had a muffin top but who cares they still did up!) I got rid of a whole bag and could have gotten rid of more but held on to ones that might tailor or that still sorta fit me (I refuse to buy new clothes until I am done loosing weight!) I gotta be able to wear something haha. Feels so good to get rid of those "fat clothes"
I think I was annoying the heck out of my husband I kept interrupting his work showing him how big some clothes were and how too small clothes now fit hahah
Closed Thread