Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 06:42 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Arrow IP Weekend Chat - 8-10 April 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Daily Chat - 7 April 2011
Old 04-08-2011, 07:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default Good Morning!

Great morning in OK! It's supposed to be 81 today and sunny.
NSV this morning! I painted my toenails without a single groan or having to hold my breath to bend over.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:34 AM   #3  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

GOOD MORNING! TGIF!

Looks like all my other fellow Thursday weighers had great losses in pounds and inches. Great job! Want to wish everyone encouragement and strength today! Its a marvelous journey, difficult at times, but WELL worth the difficulty. Keep at it, WE CAN DO IT.

I plan to update my pics tonight if I have time. If not I will do it Monday.

I must be accountable and want to share with you all. I had originally planned to be done with IP by this time when I started in January. We planned a big BDay party for this weekend for me and kind of a celebration of my journey. I said I was going to be done at my birthday, but have decided to continue to my goal, but will be off protocol on Saturday. I am not going to go crazy but I am going to enjoy my party, but not be a glutton. Many of the people coming have not seen me since before I started IP. Our meal is IP friendly including a variety of IP friendly grill items for ALL! We all have to make choices on our journey and this has been something I have thought about extensively over the past few weeks. I am ok with my decision as I know I WILL be right back on protocol Sunday.

I will be right back on protocol Sunday and finish out my journey. I am very comfortable with my results so far and could honestly be happy with where I am, but I started this with goal and I will finish at my goal. Hope no one finds my plans hipocritical (SP?), but I wanted to be honest and accountable with you all.

Have a great day all!

I will be on the forum today and most likely not over the weekend. I hope everyone has a great weekend and I will see you all Monday morning.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:47 AM   #4  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Has any one see or heard from Kaarin (SP?) after her surgery? Hope she is doing well...

Still missing a few other "seasoned" members that I have not seen in a while. Hope you all are doing well.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/235.4/Unoffical 222.7/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by candieshells View Post
Wow, I am so bummed! I had my Very First Weigh-In today and I lost 1.6lbs. I'm trying not say "only" but I was hoping for at least 3lbs my first week! I followed the protocol To-a-T and I feel discouraged. Help!!
Don't be bummed we all lose weight differently. I was on the phone with my mother yesterday after my first weigh-in. She was bummed because I had almost lost in one week what took her two. When I did some math and pointed out that because of how much more I have to lose and how much taller I am than her (she's 5'2" I am 5'8") she's actually lost more % than I have (her %/2 was higher than my %). The other thing we realized was that she was having a crystal light type drink a day and I wasn't. She was going to cut those out to see if that made a difference.

Also your body may take longer to adjust. I am pretty sure I fell into ketosis on day 2, yours might have taken several more days to adjust. I also was retaining water before I started and now I am not-a lot of what I lost was water weight I am pretty sure.

Keep your chin up and keep on track. We all have good weeks and not so good weeks, you just didn't have such a good week to begin with.
Remember this is a marathon not a sprint!

Last edited by gaya2081; 04-08-2011 at 08:46 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/208/150

Height: 5'7"

I want to thank everyone for pep talking me yesterday. I knew this was the place to go. A couple of years ago I did some South Beach, and I totally remember the feeling of never being hungry and never being tempted by food. So I'm hoping those days will come back, and soon!

Question. I'm not having daytime headaches anymore, but I am waking up with a good one each morning. Is there something I could be doing before bed to help this? Am I just getting really dehydrated overnight? It goes away once I have my coffee/shake.

Thanks again, every. You guys are great.

Holly
Old 04-08-2011, 09:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

I got a chance to read some posts from yesterday, and wanted to comment on a couple of things.

Hollyfer- When I started IP 8 weeks ago, the first few grocery store trips were difficult. I was out of my general grocery shopping routine, and change is hard for me. I sometimes felt like I was mourning over some of my favorite foods. It's like any addict, you feel like you are losing your best friend, which you are. This friend was not good for you, but you mourn it no less. Change is hard. Sticking to old habits is the easy way out, but we all know that is not going to to get us where we want to be. In order to get my body healthy and lean, and to improve my self esteem and confidence, I know that I have to make a change, and change is uncomfortable...for a while. Each time I go to the store, it gets easier and easier. I am developing a new routine, and it is becoming part of me.

Try going to a different store if you can, that was you kind of have to hunt for the things on your list. You are less likely to run into one of your "friends", and you will be less likely to think of them because you are busy.

If you can just stick to it, It will get easier all around, and once you start losing, you will be proud of yourself for sticking to it. You are making a wonderful change to your life, and it will pay off in the long run. Keep persevering! You can do it!

Also, I wanted to comment on some of the "small" weight losses that some have reported being disappointed with. I think it's natural to be disappointed, but it's going to happen to most of us. Some of us more than others. There is alot of us on this diet because nothing else worked. I remember on another diet several years ago, feeling like I was starving for several weeks, just to lose 5 lbs. I was miserable and just gave up. IP is really working for me! I admit I get a little jealous of some of the other reported weigh ins, but it also reassures me that IP does work, and as long as I stay OP, I will have results too. I cheer for every SV and NSV, because I know that everyone cheers for mine.

We CAN do this!

Last edited by brandam6; 04-08-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:34 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Morning!

150.2 pounds this morning. Ahhhh-I wanted to see that 4!!!! I hope if I stick with it for the entire weekend I will!

I have decided to actually join a ip coach and have my first meeting today. In 4 weeks doing it myself I have lost 16 pounds, but I think I need th accountability factor of a weight in for the summer...too many bbqs with beer!

I wish I had measured better at the start, but I guess I will see the real numbers today -plus I assume she will do body fat measurements.

Off to the gym! Have a great day!
Old 04-08-2011, 09:49 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 265/251/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Happy Friday

Hi Everyone Happy Friday! Although weekends can be more challenging for many of us, I hope we can all stick with the plan this weekend so we have no regrets come Monday!! Good Luck!!!
Old 04-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 265/251/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi Hollyfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyfer View Post
I want to thank everyone for pep talking me yesterday. I knew this was the place to go. A couple of years ago I did some South Beach, and I totally remember the feeling of never being hungry and never being tempted by food. So I'm hoping those days will come back, and soon!

Question. I'm not having daytime headaches anymore, but I am waking up with a good one each morning. Is there something I could be doing before bed to help this? Am I just getting really dehydrated overnight? It goes away once I have my coffee/shake.

Holly

Hi Holly:

Hmmmmm Not sure why you're getting the headaches other than perhaps caffeine withdrawls. I am drinking 100 oz of water rather than the 64oz. recommended. Try to increase your water intake a bit, that may help you. On another note, I too tried the South Beach diet and I had good success but I stopped it mostly due to all the cooking involved, at the time I was married so I had to cook for my husband and then a meal for me. It got to be too much. It did take a very long time for my weight to creep back up. I love this IP plan. Good Luck and let me know if the water is working for you. Also, if your headaches continue definitely tell the Dr. who is administering this plan to you.

Enjoy the day,

DomsMom2001
Old 04-08-2011, 10:12 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyfer View Post

Holly
1) You WILL get to the point where you're not hungry all the time. Even better, you'll stop craving carbs. I'm almost finished with my 3rd week, and I've had quite a few times where I was surrounded by tempting foods. The 1st day was my sister's birthday (it was my first day on IP). I think the only thing that kept me going was my excitement that I'd finally start losing weight. Last weekend, I was at a potluck, and it was MUCH easier to say no to everything. That day will come SOON for you!!

2) As for your headaches, you also want to make sure you're getting the amount of salt you need. Some people get headaches and no medicine will help it, but a cup of water with some salt in it will make it go away quickly.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:13 AM   #12  

Good Morning all,
I am glad to see that some of you are feeling like I am feeling! I lost 3.8 lbs yesterday and have lost a total of 14.5 in 4 dang weeks! Grr...I have followed this diet to a T. No cheating, even though I want a piece of pizza so badly! I will stick this out but I thought the first 20 would flow off. Not the case. I am so glad I have this site and all of you. Together we can help each other. Believe it or not, I feel like all of you are my friends and can confide in you. 14.5 lbs and NO ONE has even noticed. BUT, I have another 65 left to go...GROAN
Old 04-08-2011, 10:20 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
I got a chance to read some posts from yesterday, and wanted to comment on a couple of things.

Hollyfer- When I started IP 8 weeks ago, the first few grocery store trips were difficult. I was out of my general grocery shopping routine, and change is hard for me. I sometimes felt like I was mourning over some of my favorite foods. It's like any addict, you feel like you are losing your best friend, which you are. This friend was not good for you, but you mourn it no less. Change is hard. Sticking to old habits is the easy way out, but we all know that is not going to to get us where we want to be. In order to get my body healthy and lean, and to improve my self esteem and confidence, I know that I have to make a change, and change is uncomfortable...for a while. Each time I go to the store, it gets easier and easier. I am developing a new routine, and it is becoming part of me.

Try going to a different store if you can, that was you kind of have to hunt for the things on your list. You are less likely to run into one of your "friends", and you will be less likely to think of them because you are busy.

If you can just stick to it, It will get easier all around, and once you start losing, you will be proud of yourself for sticking to it. You are making a wonderful change to your life, and it will pay off in the long run. Keep persevering! You can do it!

Also, I wanted to comment on some of the "small" weight losses that some have reported being disappointed with. I think it's natural to be disappointed, but it's going to happen to most of us. Some of us more than others. There is alot of us on this diet because nothing else worked. I remember on another diet several years ago, feeling like I was starving for several weeks, just to lose 5 lbs. I was miserable and just gave up. IP is really working for me! I admit I get a little jealous of some of the other reported weigh ins, but it also reassures me that IP does work, and as long as I stay OP, I will have results too. I cheer for every SV and NSV, because I know that everyone cheers for mine.

We CAN do this!
You said everything I was thinking. Thanks for posting this. I was depressed from what I thought was a sucky WI loss. 3.8lbs. But, today and reading what you wrote is making me feel better. I have to remember it took a long time to gain 65 lbs. so it is going to take a long time to get it off. Have a great weekend!
Old 04-08-2011, 10:20 AM   #14  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Hi everyone! Hope you're all having a great day so far!

I have WI#2 today, and not expecting a huge number, but hoping for at least 3. I had to get a steroid shot and I'm on antibiotic for sinus/ear infection, so I can tell I'm a little swollen. But I saw a brilliant and true statement from someone on here yesterday that basically said it's more than I was losing before IP.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:20 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

To everyone losing "only" 1 to 3 pounds a week: those are pounds you wouldn't have lost before IP. And at least you're not gaining 1 to 3 pounds a week. You're still that much closer to your goal. Don't give up! Stay strong and keep going!!!
Closed Thread