Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 01:31 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess20 View Post
Hi all, I started IP om Monday, was doing ok, but very hungry and sooo sick of vegetables already! So i cheated on Saturday (badly I may add I know I am not in ketosis anymore but I was craving sweets , I seem to be very hungry all the time. Any suggestions on how to get back at it. I feel bad and I really want this program to work for me.
Ok, so I can understand why you would feel badly----but today is a new day!! As to the hunger issue--I spent almost 2 and a half weeks feeling like i was hungry enough to chew off my own arm. For me, it was was just part of the process. Now, I am often hungry, but it is bearable. I suppose I have just grown accustomed to being hungry. I feel like I have a choice--I can learn to live with hunger and lose a lot of weight quickly, or I can give in and cheat and not lose weight as quickly. There were other diet programs I tried where I was not hungry, and I did lose weight, but not as quickly as I have on IP. At some point, on ANY diet, you are going to have to learn to live with hunger. Once you reduce calories, your body "fights back" with particularly strong hunger pangs to get you to eat more. It's tough!

This is an extremely low calorie diet. Some people combat hunger by eating lots of salad. I prefer hunger to that option. Some people when in ketosis find they are not hungry at all. I am not one of those people. So maybe once your body gets settled into the diet you will not be hungry, or you can fight hunger by filling up on salad, or you can learn to live hungry until you have lost the weight you want to lose. Whatever you choose, best of luck to you and glad you posted up!

P.S. I also am a veggie "hater" but found a few I can live with. Choke them down. This is temporary---you just have to decide if this is worth it or not. Monotonous, sure? Uncomfortable? Sure. But I am desperate enough to deal with these things if that is the cost of losing weight. You just have to decide whether or not YOU are desperate enough to be willing to make HUGE changes in what you eat, be willing to give up food for comfort, and recognize it is only fuel, and stay committed.

Last edited by Tate; 04-10-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:04 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 258/214/150

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannyOgg View Post
My mom shops at Aldis a lot and sometimes will get me stuff from there. We also go to Bi-Lo, but I think I've got the hubs convinced we need to go organic. So I am hoping we can go to Greenlife or EarthFare. We've cut out buying processed food and the hubs does what I do for dinner and leftovers go with him for lunch. So our grocery bill has dropped dramatically. We also get our meats from Don's meats, a butcher on Hixson Pike. His meats are a better quality, leaner cut, and cheaper than Bi-Lo! Plus, he'll special cut stuff if you need it.

Oh Sam's has a great deal on chicken! Tyson does a pack that has 10 breasts packaged in pairs. You can freeze them, then when you only need to fix 2 breasts you can easily pull out one package to thaw in the fridge.

Sometimes I also get tired of the texture of chicken, so to change things up a bit I beat the patooie out of the breast with a kitchen mallet to make them thinner (and to release pent up anger) and then cut them into 1 inch squares before browning them in a pan.

Good luck on your progress!
are you on face book? if you are you should friend me. crystal chuck jacobs is the name! maybe we can go veggie shopping sometime, lol
Old 04-10-2011, 02:27 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 201.8/180.8/140

Height: 5'6

Default Stick With it!

Quote:
Hi all, I started IP om Monday, was doing ok, but very hungry and sooo sick of vegetables already! So i cheated on Saturday (badly I may add I know I am not in ketosis anymore but I was craving sweets , I seem to be very hungry all the time. Any suggestions on how to get back at it. I feel bad and I really want this program to work for me.
Don't beat yourself up. Think of all the money you have already invested in the program and brush yourself off and get back on the program immediately! Start drinking water, maybe 1-2 glasses each time, when you rise, after breakfast and later. If you have cravings, try eating a dill pickle or two and that also counts towards your 2 cups of veggies. Try and introduce a new veggie each week to make it more interesting. Rotate your packets, find the ones you really like and stick with those. Maybe next week try one you haven't had yet. Hang in there, it gets easier once you get used to it.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:37 PM   #154  
Started IP 3/2/11

S/C/G: 168/137.6/125

I read this post frequently, well almost daily, and though I haven't really participated in the conversations I want to say what an encouragement it is to see that other people are experiencing the similar difficulties and to see all of the wonderful suggestions to make things work better.

I have been on IP for almost 6 weeks now. I am losing so slowly...2 lbs a week. since the initial 2 weeks. I talked to my coach, she said to cut out onions, tomatoes and other high carb veggies. Truth is I wasn't eating much of those anyways. I like this diet . But to pay $80/week for only 2 lbs seems to costly. Do any of you have suggestions on what I can do differently to increase my weight loss? I am feeling defeated cuz I work so hard to stay on plan and never have cheated but my results seem minimal.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:38 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Hi
It's definitely hard to stick to this when you don't have lots to lose. I am down 16 and 10 more left. But after the first couple of weeks you will feel great! And see a big change!!

Regroup and start again!

Good luck
Old 04-10-2011, 03:12 PM   #156  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Cost of IP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajr418 View Post
I read this post frequently, well almost daily, and though I haven't really participated in the conversations I want to say what an encouragement it is to see that other people are experiencing the similar difficulties and to see all of the wonderful suggestions to make things work better.

I have been on IP for almost 6 weeks now. I am losing so slowly...2 lbs a week. since the initial 2 weeks. I talked to my coach, she said to cut out onions, tomatoes and other high carb veggies. Truth is I wasn't eating much of those anyways. I like this diet . But to pay $80/week for only 2 lbs seems to costly. Do any of you have suggestions on what I can do differently to increase my weight loss? I am feeling defeated cuz I work so hard to stay on plan and never have cheated but my results seem minimal.
Your post made me get out my calculator. It looks like I paid
$44 per pound to lose 45lbs. Was it worth it? Absolutely!! I am so happy to have found IP. I am thrilled how well it worked. Do I wish they could lower the price a little? Sure, but they introduced me to a program that has literally changed my outlook on life.
I lost 11lbs the first 2 weeks, then chugged along slowly until I reached goal. Though it was slow going, I didn't really mind because I was not starving all the time. I learned how to eat out with my family and not go off plan. That's the big difference with this plan. My tastes have changed.
Stick with the plan. It IS worth it. It looks like you are already halfway to goal. Come here to post and exchange ideas. Check out the other threads.
Good Luck to you! (and No, I don't work for IP)

Lynn
Old 04-10-2011, 03:27 PM   #157  
Started IP 2/15/11

S/C/G: 328/265/180

Height: 5' 9.5"

Thumbs up Congratulations!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Good morning everyone. My interior painting of my home has taken over my life and I forgot to post yesterday. I went to my WI yesterday and I am down another 4 lbs which put me the over 60 lb mark. For those that are struggling and feel like giving up. Please do not. I am an example that this program does work. I have lost 60 lbs in 3 months and 4 days. If you follow it and measure everything it works.

I will def be enjoying my weekend after being over the 60 lb hump!

Congrats to all weight losses this weekend and all NVS's. I will probably not post or be on here until Monday so have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Thanks for the encouragement.
Old 04-10-2011, 03:28 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajr418 View Post

If I'm looking at your numbers correctly, you've lost 22 lbs in 6 weeks! That's amazing success! Of course the numbers are often lower after the first couple of big weeks, but you also don't have that much to lose. (I know, to you it's a lot, I have struggled with that too.)

I'm starting my 8th week, I've also lost 22 lbs, and have 15-20 to go. I'm just SO happy I've found something that works and has given me the confidence to know I'll get where I want to go.

I don't want to belittle your frustrations - we all have them & they're very real. I'm just saying maybe you're not seeing that what you've accomplished in six weeks is significant. If the cost is really becoming an obstacle, you could read up on the alternative products thread. You don't even need to completely 'go rogue'. My morning protien is always vanilla drink spread over 3 cups of coffee. The IP ones are way too expensive, so I've been buying a really good alternative at Walmart for less than 1/2 the cost. Anyway, it is possible to stay on plan & cut costs if you need to.

Please don't feel defeated. Give yourself credit for the progress you've made - you deserve it!!
Old 04-10-2011, 03:28 PM   #159  
Started IP 3/2/11

Woolberger: Thanks for your response. You bring up good points about it being about more than just lbs lost. You are right, I am about halfway there and my tastes have changed and I definitely look at food differently. I never would have thought before that I would crave veggies. : ) I do feel better. I guess I was just getting a little discouraged by the numbers and not looking at how much I have already accomplished. This has been the most successful plan I have been on ever. So yeah, it is worth it. Thanks!
Old 04-10-2011, 03:33 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 240/208/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Everyone's had great advice, so I'll just add that my mantra is 'hunger is not an emergency' I' m just on day 7, but it think the hunger is getting less noticeable.

Holly
Old 04-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #161  
Started IP 3/2/11

Quote:
If I'm looking at your numbers correctly, you've lost 22 lbs in 6 weeks! That's amazing success! Of course the numbers are often lower after the first couple of big weeks, but you also don't have that much to lose. (I know, to you it's a lot, I have struggled with that too.)

I'm starting my 8th week, I've also lost 22 lbs, and have 15-20 to go. I'm just SO happy I've found something that works and has given me the confidence to know I'll get where I want to go.

I don't want to belittle your frustrations - we all have them & they're very real. I'm just saying maybe you're not seeing that what you've accomplished in six weeks is significant. If the cost is really becoming an obstacle, you could read up on the alternative products thread. You don't even need to completely 'go rogue'. My morning protien is always vanilla drink spread over 3 cups of coffee. The IP ones are way too expensive, so I've been buying a really good alternative at Walmart for less than 1/2 the cost. Anyway, it is possible to stay on plan & cut costs if you need to.

Please don't feel defeated. Give yourself credit for the progress you've made - you deserve it!!
thanks. see my post above. It is almost the same as what you said and we were writing at the same time. : )
Old 04-10-2011, 03:43 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Question Anyone know a good peanut thai recipe for P1?

I just searched the forum for the last half an hour for a Thai recipe using WF peanut butter. I swear I had seen it somewhere, but I can't find it anywhere! Am I fabricating a memory? If so, I guess I'll be making up a new recipe (and will post it if it's good)!
Old 04-10-2011, 04:06 PM   #163  

Random, non-weight related NSV: Hooray, today is my 20th day here, which means I can put a weight tracker in my signature!
Old 04-10-2011, 04:10 PM   #164  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcswain View Post
Here is a combination I thought sounded good. I admit I haven't tried it yet because I don't have any chocolate soy puffs on hand. But a friend told me that one of her friends mixed an IP packet of chocolate soy puffs with an IP packet of peanut butter soy puffs, then divided the combined packets in half to make two servings. She said the combination of the chocolate and peanut butter were like a peanut butter cup and it has helped with her cravings for that candy (which is her favorite).

I will be trying this soon. It sounded good enough to post the combination.
I love this. I keep my puffs in the freezer (I just think they taste better that way) and if I eat a chocolate one & a pb one at the same time, it reminds me of a Girl Scout Peanut Butter Pattie/Tagalong cookie. Yum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannyOgg View Post
Sometimes I also get tired of the texture of chicken, so to change things up a bit I beat the patooie out of the breast with a kitchen mallet to make them thinner (and to release pent up anger) and then cut them into 1 inch squares before browning them in a pan.
What I like to do with my chicken (and my husband loves it too!) is to cut chicken breasts into nugget size pieces, dip in beaten egg and then bread in crushed sw cheese curls (or you could use the BBQ puffs, etc). Bake at 350 for 30 minutes and you have some awesome chicken nuggets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
I just searched the forum for the last half an hour for a Thai recipe using WF peanut butter. I swear I had seen it somewhere, but I can't find it anywhere! Am I fabricating a memory? If so, I guess I'll be making up a new recipe (and will post it if it's good)!
I've never used a recipe per se, but I will do a spoonful or so of PB, some soy sauce, minced garlic and a spoonful of red chili paste and a little drizzle of sesame oil. Mix together, adjust to taste.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:12 PM   #165  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
I've never used a recipe per se, but I will do a spoonful or so of PB, some soy sauce, minced garlic and a spoonful of red chili paste and a little drizzle of sesame oil. Mix together, adjust to taste.

Thanks for the tip!
Closed Thread