Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 11:48 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 460/411/150 24" lost!

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
I hope everyone had a great Friday!

My day actually went very well, I think. I managed dinner just fine. We went to a pasta place but they had salads. I ordered a Tango Salad (baby spinach, shrimp, red pepper, mango, and some kind of dressing) without the mango and without the dressing and I had them add some chicken as an extra. They accidentally added zuchini, which is OP and which I love, so I was not at all unhappy about it! All of the veg and meat were heated and put on the salad. I brought some WF balsamic dressing with me and it was delicious!!! I drank water. Then, we went back to MIL's for birthday cake (Black Forest) for my SIL. I had an IP choco raspberry bar (which counted as my snack) and I was perfectly happy with that! I never even felt like I was missing out. My only "hic" was that I participated in two toasts to my dearly departed FIL (shots of 12-year-old Chivas Regal Scotch Whiskey that he had been saving for a special occasion)... it was niiiice! ...but boy was I feeling the effects of that!). So, all in all, minus the alcohol, I would say that my day was pretty good!

Now for the memorial tomorrow... and burger night at MIL's afterwards... still considering making Big Mac in a Bowl and bringing it with me... we'll see... the burgers are going to be Costco's Angus Burgers, which are very high in cals (I think they are about 600 cals each - almost as much as we eat in a day on IP). Everyone in the family knows now that I am dieting and avoiding carbs... I just haven't shared any details... Yet.
WAY TO GO at the restaurant!!!

Not sure about your MIL, but I know mine would be insulted if I felt like I had to go off plan because I didn't feel comfortable bringing my own stuff. I say go for it! What a great conversation starter to sharing the details of the plan. Who knows, if there is someone there who wants to lose a little, maybe they'll see your progress and that you can have yummy food and you'll inspire them!
Old 04-09-2011, 11:58 AM   #107  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Good morning, Just read the post and looked at Juiceman's photos. I can see the difference in the last 2 pictures. Good job. I hope everyone has a great weekend. This is my phase 1 day. Should be a good day. Judy
Old 04-09-2011, 12:03 PM   #108  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Default luv stained glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
MOrning to all...wow I woke up this morning..wanting to just relax and be a bum...but I think I'll do a little yard work and spend sometime in my glass shop...I do Stainglass for a hobbie...I love having the music going and creating something..
Take time to do something special for yourselves this weekend..and don't look at the program like its a chore ...I have 4 lbs to go and I'm loving my new body...
The end results are work it...totally...

: boxing:
I envy you, your own glass shop, I want one of those, I usually buy shop time at the stained glass shop. Do you do any sandblasting as well? I am going to have to dust off my tools and get cracking again... Have a great weekend.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:32 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 240/208/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunwitfat View Post
I had a very bad day yesterday....determined to stick to strict protocol I broke down and had 3 THREE bars before bed......UGH......
Oh, I can relate. I picked up a box of Chocolate Peanut Butter bars my first week, and I don't think I will buy any bars again. For me they are too 'moreish'. I eat one and I want to eat the whole box. I think for me it's too much like candy and my mind just jumps immediately into the old pattern. Maybe same for you? Don't sweat it...it's not you - it's the evil yummy bars!
Old 04-09-2011, 12:39 PM   #110  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulemom View Post
Mrs. D You look fantastic!! Wanted to let you know that way back in the beginning of my journey that you encouraged me! You said one day I would be tiny. Someone commented yesterday that BOY!! you are sooo tiny!! Thanks for all the encouragement.
Thanks for those sweet words Christine - I remember when you were having a hard time back then. I'm glad I could encourage you to keep going! I've been encouraged by so many others on this thread - it's our job to keep paying it forward. You need to post some picture for us to see! I took some yesterday, but loaned the camera cord to a friend, so it will have to wait until tomorrow before I can post them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondre View Post
also - this may sound stupid but is there a way to save a signature so I don't have to hunt down and copy/paste my weight tracker?
You need to be over 20 posts and 20 days (to the minute!) on 3FC before you get a signature. Looks like you'll get on on 4/20 or 4/21. Technically, you are not supposed to be copying and pasting the code in if you don't qualify for one yet. When you are eligible for a signature, the option will show up under "User CP" up in the top purple bar on the screen. Click on User CP and there will be an option that says "Edit Signature". You can find more information on this in the first post of each daily thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
I had a not bad wi yesterday. Down 2.4 on week #3. I of course was wanting more, but I'll take it! I'm gonna start to exercise this week. Does anyone know if thats ok to exercise after 3 weeks on ip?
Look for the exercise on IP threads on here. You'd be better off talking to your coach about exercising. You should know that for many people, exercise has a negative effect on their weight loss. Seeing as you don't have much more weight to lose, it might slow that down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
I forgot to tell you about the party the girls had for me this morning at work. My birthday is tomorrow, and since we don't work on Sat. they went out and bought lettuce in a bag and a salad spritzer! We didn't have cake, we had little plates of lettuce to celebrate. Isn't that just the best? They all participated! Lettuce at 8 am. Crazy.
That's so great! At my birthday in December, my family group made me a birthday cake out of cut up veggies - it was beautiful and I felt sooooo loved.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:50 PM   #111  

Stupid diet. Saturday morning and I couldn't sleep in. Up bright and early full of energy....very nice really. Went for WI#1. Down 5 pounds. Lost 2 inches off my waist plus some others, but nothing off my boobs. I'm watching that one. I once lost 50 pounds on Weight Watchers and my cup never didn't go down at all. I'm sporting a 52" chest at the moment, so if it doesn't reduce I'm gonna look like a pretty weird skinny girl!

Last edited by hollyfer; 04-09-2011 at 12:52 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:52 PM   #112  

Oh yeah. I picked up a bunch more packets today, and as I was organizing them I realized I am on the ASTRONAUT DIET. Everything I eat comes out of a silver packet. So know I just call myself an astronaut. Cause that's cool, right?
Old 04-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #113  
Candice

S/C/G: 154/140/125

Hey everyone! I'm in Phase 1, day 8. I have a question for you more experienced IPer's. Is Bragg's Liquid Aminos allowed? If so, how much/day? Also, I put 1/4 cup of onion in my stir fry the other night and I now notice that the approved veggies says, "onions (raw)". Did I mess up? Are sauteed onions okay?
Old 04-09-2011, 01:57 PM   #114  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by candieshells View Post
Hey everyone! I'm in Phase 1, day 8. I have a question for you more experienced IPer's. Is Bragg's Liquid Aminos allowed? If so, how much/day? Also, I put 1/4 cup of onion in my stir fry the other night and I now notice that the approved veggies says, "onions (raw)". Did I mess up? Are sauteed onions okay?
I can't comment on the liquid aminos, but someone else probably knows.

Onions are one of those great veggies that convert to have more sugars when cooked (hence how wonderful they are when they are carmelized!) so you are supposed to only use raw onions. My coach suggested that I add onions to the pan right at the end of cooking so they warm up and catch whatever 'sauce' is there, but not to put them in at the beginning.

Good luck and welcome!
Old 04-09-2011, 01:57 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyfer View Post
Oh yeah. I picked up a bunch more packets today, and as I was organizing them I realized I am on the ASTRONAUT DIET. Everything I eat comes out of a silver packet. So know I just call myself an astronaut. Cause that's cool, right?

Too funny!!! That is what I call, it too!!
Old 04-09-2011, 02:04 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyfer View Post
Stupid diet. Saturday morning and I couldn't sleep in. Up bright and early full of energy....very nice really. Went for WI#1. Down 5 pounds. Lost 2 inches off my waist plus some others, but nothing off my boobs. I'm watching that one. I once lost 50 pounds on Weight Watchers and my cup never didn't go down at all. I'm sporting a 52" chest at the moment, so if it doesn't reduce I'm gonna look like a pretty weird skinny girl!
LOL! Sounds like you've got the opposite problem of most of us! It does seem like the place you want it off most is the last to go.

Congrats on a great WI. 5 lbs & 2 inches off your waist the first week! What a great start!! Love your posts - always put a smile on my face.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:21 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 164.6/138.5/135

Good afternoon everybody!!

What GREAT day here in montréal! I went to the market today (Marché Jean-Talon) it was wonderful!

I had my WI this morning, and I was experiencing a plateau for the last couple of weeks.. Maybe that's the cause of my Non writting on the forum, but I was steal reading everything. This morning -3.7!!!! I can't believe this.. I'm 25 pounds down! WOW I can touch my goal now!

what a great day! Oh since i don't have a job right now I was looking for job for the past few weeks and next week I have 2 interviews with the Cirque du soleil!! So excited ! (and it's not as an artist haha!!)

Have a great OP day!!
Old 04-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 201.8/180.8/140

Height: 5'6

Default Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissbutterflyz View Post
Hey I was just curious, does anyone else on this diet have hypothyroidism? I am wondering if I could get some feedback from anyone who is taking thyroid meds and their results on the IP diet.

I was diagnosed in Feb 2011 ~I had been struggling to lose the weight I gained during my pregnancy and was having all other symptoms as well.My nutritionist who put me on the IP diet told me to take my temp every morning before rising and for the last week ~ it was really low which she says is directly related to my metabolism. So she recommended a supplement called Thyrosol to take along with my prescribed synthroid.

Anyways I would love to hear from those who also have thyroid issues and how this diet is working for you!!
I was originally diagnosed back in 2002. I was tired all the time and still usually am. Then, when I gained even more weight I found out I had/have sleep apnea. My thyroid has gotten worse over the years, I've tried Naturopath drs who tried to get me off meds but it just seemed to get worse. I haven't retested since I started but will tell you for the most part I do have more energy. I went through a hard week this past week with weakness and food cravings. Stick with it though. It feels so good to have loose clothes now and I've even gotten a couple of compliments. I have trouble remembering to always salt my food. I did notice I got a really bad headache when I forget. Don't give in to the cravings, it's hard but can be done. You can always do the alternative plan if you want where you get a few more calories and can include an extra piece of fruit, complex carb and dairy with each meal, but, only one per day and there's some limits on that. i do it because I also am borderline diabetic and have mennorhagia.

Hope this helps. Stay strong and on program and you'll do well!! The results come much quicker than with other programs.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:59 PM   #119  
Candice

S/C/G: 154/140/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
I can't comment on the liquid aminos, but someone else probably knows.

Onions are one of those great veggies that convert to have more sugars when cooked (hence how wonderful they are when they are carmelized!) so you are supposed to only use raw onions. My coach suggested that I add onions to the pan right at the end of cooking so they warm up and catch whatever 'sauce' is there, but not to put them in at the beginning.

Good luck and welcome!
Thanks so much Lucky Chick for the reply! That totally makes sense now.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:13 PM   #120  
tcswain

S/C/G: Started IP 09/26/2010

Height: 5'4"

I went to WI last night and I was down another 2 pounds and was very happy about that I am finishing Phase 2 today and starting Phase 3 tomorrow.

Also went shopping for a dress for my son's wedding June 18. I don't really enjoy shopping and didn't go with anything really in mind. But I found a dress in a size "small" (don't remember the last time I wore a "small") for the wedding. It is cute and I decided that I have to change my attitude about shopping -- I might enjoy it more now and especially if I get my mind in the right place.

I don't know if anybody else has the same problem I do, but even after losing so much weight and people saying "you are wasting away to nothing" (which I am not), sometimes I have a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that I am wearing smaller clothes and do look different.

Sounds like there were a lot of successes this week. Weekends do seem to be the hardest and I think the key is trying to stay busy and being productive. Have a great IP week!
Closed Thread