Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 04:10 PM   #166  
Newbie 2/9/2011

S/C/G: 158/153/125

Height: 5'

I had my first weigh-in today and I lost 5 lbs. I was very surprised but also very pleased. I hope I can have that same success, but I do realize the first 3 lbs were probably all water!!

MsLady - I too find it easier to stay on track during the workday. (I sit in an office all day, so I can really keep track of when to eat). I find that on the weekend, I really focus on planning everything for the week - do my cooking and prep work. It makes me concentrate on NOT putting something in my mouth that dosen't belong there
Old 02-19-2011, 05:18 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 188/188/160

Height: 5'6"

tweety- what phase are you following currently?[/QUOTE]

I am following phase 1 right now.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:23 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 188/188/160

Height: 5'6"

[QUOTE=esammy12;3720126]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweety bird View Post

Hi Tweety, I hear you about the discouragement of being stuck, and about the unnatural food thing. I'm only in my 4th week, but have been stuck at around the same number for this whole week. A lot of emotional stuff has come up - I haven't been below this number in over 12 years, it seems almost emotional/mental. Is there anything like that for you? It could be as simple as adding more water, doing some nice brisk walks, and being as vigilant as you can - but you've lost so much weight already, done so well already, you probably know how to work this program as well as anyone, and certainly better than me. I only mention that maybe some yoga, or something meditative might be helpful. Something calming and soothing to the system that allows you to move forward.
Thanks esammy12, great ideas and encouragement, the only thing I have found while on the diet is that I feel the cold a little bit more. The emotional part is when I buy pants that are two sizes smaller, several weeks ago, that was a payoff. but yeah maybe will try some of your ideas and see where it takes me.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:30 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

This is my second weekend on IP, and it's much easier than the first. But last weekend I planned it so that I could be a shut in. Tonight we have a party to go to, and there will be lots of good food there. While it may be difficult, I will be ok. Taking my own food, and a packet JIC I need something sweet. And I've been practicing my "No thanks, I'm good" with a smile.

Congrats to everyone staying OP today, and the losses and victories that you're posting. I look forward to reading them every day!
-Brandy
Old 02-19-2011, 05:35 PM   #170  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
Linden Svelting and Mrs.D you are all a wealth of information and even though I have been on this program for what feels like forever you still teach me things on a regular basis!

As for myself I am in a much more positive frame of mind as I do beleive the scale is finally moving downward again! Hey where are my cheerleaders LOL! I am at home all day YAY! so I will be on 3FC all day because I don't have a life! And thats OK!
YAY PEGGY!

And everything I know, I've learned from this forum. Linden, Svelting, Carla, Darbs, YOU - I'm just passing it on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silado529 View Post
On a very positive note...I was able to wear a size 8 dress from a size 12. I am feeling great & I can really tell a difference in how my clothes fit, but when I go to my weigh in my fat %age still seems so high. I am hoping that goes down.
Honestly, I don't put much stock in the fat % on the scale - they are notoriously inaccurate and in my 4 months (and 53 lbs lost), my % has been all over the charts, up and down and has changed less than 10% from my starting %. That would mean that more than half of what I have lost is not fat, which I doubt strongly! Don't worry about it too much - YOU know if you've lost fat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms lady View Post
Hello,
Any suggestions on how to make it through the weekendd? I, too, need my work schedule to stay focused. This is my first weekend on IP, I am doing good so far but I am already about 3 hours behind my normal eating schedule.
For me, I just try to stay busy and remember to eat. I'm generally running errands on the weekend, so I try to focus on planning ahead if I know I'm goign to be gone for a while, bringing bars or packs, knowing where would be acceptable places to grab lunch... When I'm at home, I tend to be a grazer, so I work on being conscious of that tendency, limiting wht I graze on and trying not to eat IF I'M NOT HUNGRY.

Just try to keep eating at the same time - I know this is hard because my husband could just eat once or twice a day or be fine, but I definitely need to stay on my eating schedule.

Good luck!
Old 02-19-2011, 05:42 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 222/207.8/150

Height: 5'8"

PEGSI: As for myself I am in a much more positive frame of mind as I do beleive the scale is finally moving downward again! Hey where are my cheerleaders LOL! I am at home all day YAY! so I will be on 3FC all day because I don't have a life! And thats OK![/QUOTE]
Wahoo!! Past that stuck spot! Go girl!!

[QUOTE=brandam6;3720329]This is my second weekend on IP, and it's much easier than the first. But last weekend I planned it so that I could be a shut in. Tonight we have a party to go to, and there will be lots of good food there. While it may be difficult, I will be ok. Taking my own food, and a packet JIC I need something sweet. And I've been practicing my "No thanks, I'm good" with a smile.

Great attitude, love it! Have fun at your party!

Last edited by EgadsMe; 02-19-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:45 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
ontariophotogal you may want to buy your coach some flowers, if you keep reading you will eventually see there are a lot of really bad unsuportive coaches your a lucky IPer I also have a good coach which is a good thing because at times I can try the patience of a saint lol! By the way its nice to meet you, I hope you continue to feel good and always remember we are here for you!
Ha I just might do that, she's been so fantastic, I texted her again today with more questions and I'm barely able to hit send before she's messaging me back. Between her support and this forum, I just know I'm going to be able to rock this!
Nearing the end of day 2 and still feeling good. Got a late start today but I don't think it's a horrible thing, might actually make me less hungry later on tonight (I hope). I found that working today was awesome for keeping my mind off of food but I am concerned that when my shooting schedule gets back to STUPID BUSY with wedding season coming, I'm going to have a tough time figuring out how to do this on the go...I'm thinking I'm really going to have to stock up on the drink packets?
I was thrilled to realize that if all goes well and I fall into the "typical" trend of losing, I can hopefully drop 40 lbs. by time we go to Disney in May and I could even be to my goal weight by August when I'll be a bridesmaid in my friends wedding! That would be amazing
Hope everyone's having a good day!
Old 02-19-2011, 06:03 PM   #173  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Hey Hey....

Taking a break from cleaning and thought of another question.

I hope there isn't a question limit here or I'm gonna be in t-r-o-u-b-l-e.
lol... (looking over my shoulder for a or a carmel nut bar)

Well it's 4:00 pm mst, and like I stated, at times I feel strange, but not
sick. Does this mean I'm out of the woods and wont get ill from withdrawls or detoxing..

As always, I appreicate everyone's help and stories of victorys!!!!
Old 02-19-2011, 06:23 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

good Saturday evening everyone !!!!! Went to see the Kings Speech last night and omgggggggggg GREAT movie.. and it stopped me from wanting that Friday night glass of wine... got to the theatre only to realize that i forgot my IP boo hoo......... so bought a large hot coffee and nursed that.... it worked! came home and went to bed. NOW...............i am grabbing some garbage bags ..................and heading upstairs to pack up all those FAT CLOTHES hahhahhahah this is gonna be SO theraputic!
Old 02-19-2011, 06:32 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 157/157/125

Height: 5'5"

I love reading all the post and all are encouraging however i just cant see how yall can think this diet is easy..I have started it three or four times and cant make it past 2nd day. I get sick to my stomach and i am a horrible planner. Much needed advise please............on planning mostly...

Last edited by SOONER22; 02-19-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:43 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 226/172/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOONER22 View Post
I love reading all the post and all are encouraging however i just cant see how yall can think this diet is easy..I have started it three or four times and cant make it past 2nd day. I get sick to my stomach and i am a horrible planner. Much needed advise please............on planning mostly...
The first 3 days are the hardest! You haven't made it to the easy part yet. (Although, I wouldn't say it's easy still. It's a simple plan to follow, but for me being someone who eats for any reason other than being hungry it is still hard to say no to certain foods. I might not crave them, but I still would loveee a piece of pizza any time)

Regarding the planning, my only advice is to keep RTD or bars in your purse and car at all times. I also am allowed crystal light (some are not) so i carry the individual packets of those for when I want something fruity and refreshing.

I've had a lot of success on this plan but also a lot of "breaks" that lasted a lot longer than they should have. I really urge you to just start and do it until you are to goal or until you are certain you can't go a moment longer, and phase off because for me it got so much harder to stay on plan after having cheats.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:53 PM   #177  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

I wanted to encourage the plateau-ers out there. I've been staying around the same weight for the last 2 weeks and I finally had a big woosh this morning (to the tune of 2 pounds down from yesterday!) I stayed true to program, even when frustrated. Yesterday I added 1 more packet to see if a tweak made the scale move and it did. So thankful for the advice on mixing it up.

Now I had to rave about the new tomato and basil soup! I made it per the instructions (2 packets since I was feeding the fam) and then added a cup of chicken stock, shredded chicken, cumin, garlic, paprika, fresh red and green peppers and cilantro. YUMMMM!! My husband said it was the best tortilla soup ever (of course he added cheese and sour cream). Delicious!
Old 02-19-2011, 06:59 PM   #178  

S/C/G: Weight loss goal 60 pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
Hey Hey....

Taking a break from cleaning and thought of another question.

I hope there isn't a question limit here or I'm gonna be in t-r-o-u-b-l-e.
lol... (looking over my shoulder for a or a carmel nut bar)

Well it's 4:00 pm mst, and like I stated, at times I feel strange, but not
sick. Does this mean I'm out of the woods and wont get ill from withdrawls or detoxing..

As always, I appreicate everyone's help and stories of victorys!!!!
Its different for everyone I felt fine the first two days (a bit weird like you) but then day three I felt like I needed to sleep for another 8 hours and day four and five I felt like vomiting everywhere (not a flu just my body reacting to the lack of carbs I think) but after that its been good I can tell when I need to eat again even if I'm not hungry as I will start to get light headed. Hopefully you won't go through the nausea bit as that was NO FUN but expect that it might get harder before it gets better!
Old 02-19-2011, 07:01 PM   #179  

S/C/G: Weight loss goal 60 pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOONER22 View Post
I'm with you no the "it isn't easy part" I think for some people it is easier for others. It does get better tho! like you I thought I was going to quit the first few days but stuck with it and after day 5 I felt fine for the most part and once you start seeing the results it gets that much easier because you know its working and you aren't doing it for nothing give it another shot and just be prepared that it will suck for a few days but it will get better!
Old 02-19-2011, 07:24 PM   #180  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrean View Post
Its different for everyone I felt fine the first two days (a bit weird like you) but then day three I felt like I needed to sleep for another 8 hours and day four and five I felt like vomiting everywhere (not a flu just my body reacting to the lack of carbs I think) but after that its been good I can tell when I need to eat again even if I'm not hungry as I will start to get light headed. Hopefully you won't go through the nausea bit as that was NO FUN but expect that it might get harder before it gets better!
Rut Ro...... now I'm scared again... lol

Thanks for your response Adrean! Did you continue to eat when you were about to puke? That's what worries me, if I get the feeling I will refuse to eat.
Closed Thread