Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 07:25 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

It's been a long weekend already!! Why do people I work with have to bring in sweet goodies that I want badly but can't have!! UGH!!!!
I've started working out again.. 1 hr a day so far and I am terrified it's going to stop my weight loss!! I guess we will find out Monday morning!
Old 02-19-2011, 07:39 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 157/157/125

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the encouragement. I usually have tremendous willpower and Im not quite sure why I have such difficulty with this but knowing that it should get easier is good news to me....thanks again...
Old 02-19-2011, 08:00 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 188/188/160

Hello again!!!! Just got back from a weigh in and coach informs me that I lost 3 lbs in 1 week by her scale. I weigh myself at home and got the same weight this morning as a week ago. I guess hers is good news to feel better but know my scale is just as accurate as hers and I think maybe just different clothing. Unsure where I sit.
Another question I was wondering about is has anybody ever used the detoxifying package they have. I bought thier laxitive today but was wondering about the whole kit and if it worked for them.

Last edited by Tweety bird; 02-19-2011 at 08:01 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 02-19-2011, 08:22 PM   #184  

S/C/G: Weight loss goal 60 pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
Rut Ro...... now I'm scared again... lol

Thanks for your response Adrean! Did you continue to eat when you were about to puke? That's what worries me, if I get the feeling I will refuse to eat.
Ya I forced myself to eat beacuse I knew I needed to, it was hard but I worked through it. I should point out tho that the only foods I felt like eating were carbs!
Old 02-19-2011, 08:27 PM   #185  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrean View Post
Ya I forced myself to eat beacuse I knew I needed to, it was hard but I worked through it. I should point out tho that the only foods I felt like eating were carbs!
Ohhhhh I'm sure! I too am/was a carb addict.

You girls could have your chocolate, candy, desserts, my thing
was pasta and mexican food. Actually yesterday, I threw out
the rest of the pasta and meatballs that I couldnt eat anymore.
About made me cry... LOL
Old 02-19-2011, 08:31 PM   #186  

Quote:
OMG... The banana pudding is FAB!

I got it to go in the cracks, but still working on the veggies..
My sweet friend, what in heavens name are you talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms lady View Post
Hello,
Any suggestions on how to make it through the weekendd? I, too, need my work schedule to stay focused. This is my first weekend on IP, I am doing good so far but I am already about 3 hours behind my normal eating schedule.
Plan your weekend -- houseclean; help a friend; visit someone you know who's in the hospital or shut-in; volunteer; plan next weeks meals, your shopping list and prep your veggies. Anything so you're not sitting around and thinking about when your next meal is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Ha I just might do that, she's been so fantastic, I texted her again today with more questions and I'm barely able to hit send before she's messaging me back. Between her support and this forum, I just know I'm going to be able to rock this!
Nearing the end of day 2 and still feeling good. Got a late start today but I don't think it's a horrible thing, might actually make me less hungry later on tonight (I hope). I found that working today was awesome for keeping my mind off of food but I am concerned that when my shooting schedule gets back to STUPID BUSY with wedding season coming, I'm going to have a tough time figuring out how to do this on the go...I'm thinking I'm really going to have to stock up on the drink packets?
I was thrilled to realize that if all goes well and I fall into the "typical" trend of losing, I can hopefully drop 40 lbs. by time we go to Disney in May and I could even be to my goal weight by August when I'll be a bridesmaid in my friends wedding! That would be amazing
Wow -- Your coach is a **keeper** Where do you live? Be sure to recommend her!

Regarding a busy work schedule: The packets will make things easier for you. All you'll need to do during wedding season is to keep a cooler ready with veggies, lettuce, ready-to-drink shakes and water. Check out the travel thread, there are probably tips that will work for you.

Quote:
Hey Hey....

Taking a break from cleaning and thought of another question.

I hope there isn't a question limit here or I'm gonna be in t-r-o-u-b-l-e.
lol... (looking over my shoulder for a or a carmel nut bar)

Well it's 4:00 pm mst, and like I stated, at times I feel strange, but not
sick. Does this mean I'm out of the woods and wont get ill from withdrawls or detoxing.
That's for me right? 'Cause you know I can't resist? and

To answer your question, reducing your carb intake and eliminating grains can be a *major* adjustment. In many ways-- even biochemically, or perhaps especially biochemically -- you're experiencing withdrawal. Some carbs stimulate neuro-receptors in your brain the same way that heroin and oxycontin do (though not as strongly) and grains play their own fun little game with our biochemistry. Now that you've been off them for a couple of days, you will feel strange.

I felt great the first couple of days, but days 3 and 4??? TOTAL cranky, crabby b-i-t-c-h! A night's sleep and on day 5 I was better than I'd known myself for years.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:04 PM   #187  

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
My sweet friend, what in heavens name are you talking about?

LOL.... IP Banana Pudding... OMG, it's the best! I think this little goodie is gonna be key to my goal. I see me trading a lot of my packets for for this stuff. I didn't have walnut extract (omg, could you imagine how good that would be?) Anyway, I put a few drops of almond extract in and it was like heaven!!!!!

That's for me right? 'Cause you know I can't resist? and

Yep, this was just for you!!! LOL!

To answer your question, reducing your carb intake and eliminating grains can be a *major* adjustment. In many ways-- even biochemically, or perhaps especially biochemically -- you're experiencing withdrawal. Some carbs stimulate neuro-receptors in your brain the same way that heroin and oxycontin do (though not as strongly) and grains play their own fun little game with our biochemistry. Now that you've been off them for a couple of days, you will feel strange.

I felt great the first couple of days, but days 3 and 4??? TOTAL cranky, crabby b-i-t-c-h! A night's sleep and on day 5 I was better than I'd known myself for years.
Thank you Svelting, your always so helpful and thanks for the warning, if I disappear for a day or two, you'll know that it's "hit me" but I'm looking forward to the good and the bad of this road, I know I wont regret it!

Happy Happy Saturday night dear Svelting!!! *cheers* (with our water glasses, of course)

Last edited by Coloradodivegirl; 02-19-2011 at 09:55 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:30 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 219.9/168.7/169.0

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
I just ordered a jacket from Lululemon and it made me think of Jordanna and her white Lulu jacket - anyone know how she is or when she is due? It must be coming up pretty soon!

If my memory serves me right she was due mid to end of January of this year wasn't she.. hopefully we will hear back from her soon, once she settles in with the baby.... at least if this gals memory is correct and not working on the faulty meter - so don't hold me to that LOL....
Old 02-19-2011, 10:18 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 188/188/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenley View Post
If my memory serves me right she was due mid to end of January of this year wasn't she.. hopefully we will hear back from her soon, once she settles in with the baby.... at least if this gals memory is correct and not working on the faulty meter - so don't hold me to that LOL....
congratulations if I am reading your meter correctly you have made your goal
Old 02-19-2011, 10:36 PM   #190  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Default First 3 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOONER22 View Post
I love reading all the post and all are encouraging however i just cant see how yall can think this diet is easy..I have started it three or four times and cant make it past 2nd day. I get sick to my stomach and i am a horrible planner. Much needed advise please............on planning mostly...
OK, I know I'll probably catch H@#$ for this but... My sister really had trouble getting going too. We just decided she could eat as much animal protein as she wanted and 3-4packets per day (but no carbs) for the first 3 days to get her into ketosis. After that she was fine and has been able to stick with the plan without cravings or cheats. She is well on her way to goal. Once you get past the carb withdrawal it is so much easier! Hope this helps. Good luck to you!

Lynn
Old 02-19-2011, 10:59 PM   #191  

S/C/G: Weight loss goal 60 pounds

K so I have decided that the worst thing about this diet is eating salad without normal salad dressing! I am not a salad person but will eat it with the right dressing and thus far I cannot seem to figure out a good dressing that I like! I tried WF ranch and hated it and now I'm scared of wasting more money on another dressing I don't like and I have tried different combos of oil vinegar and various spices. Any suggestions??
Old 02-19-2011, 11:03 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 248/238/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi yall!
I'm just starting out on this plan too, it's my first weekend and I'm struggling to stay on track since I still have all kinds of "bad" foods in my house that are tempting. I am a single Mom of two girls, 15 and 3, and I just can't justify throwing out the foods and snacks that I've bought for them.
Anyway, I started IP on Valentine's day of all days, and the ladies at my office all had treats and I stayed in my hole, trying to be excited about my new diet, and actually did great for the week, sticking to the plan. I didn't get enough water in and wasn't taking supplements and felt horrible for a few days, but now I have tried harder to commit myself to it and increased my water and pills.
I was going to wait till Monday to check my weight loss, but I find myself getting on the scale every morning. I don't know if I'm dreaming this up, but it shows that I've lost 7 lbs already. I'm glad I found this site and wish I had more time in the week to read thru all the threads. Yall seem to have alot of great advice, thanks!
Old 02-19-2011, 11:04 PM   #193  

Adrean..

I have bacon ranch and italian, WF of course. I dont think either of them are too bad, but the trick for me is I use very little and make my salad is a tupperware bowl that has a lid, so I can shake it to lightly coat it.

You may want to check the recipe threads or better yet, google IP salad dressings.

Dont know if that will help ya, but it's all I got... lol.

Good luck finding something that will work for ya!
Old 02-19-2011, 11:23 PM   #194  
Started IP 8/29/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrean View Post
K so I have decided that the worst thing about this diet is eating salad without normal salad dressing! I am not a salad person but will eat it with the right dressing and thus far I cannot seem to figure out a good dressing that I like! I tried WF ranch and hated it and now I'm scared of wasting more money on another dressing I don't like and I have tried different combos of oil vinegar and various spices. Any suggestions??
I've never really liked salads, so for me it was super critical to find a salad dressing that I really liked. What I found I like best is to mix equal portions of regular olive oil and vinegar, then I add Club House Parmesan & Herb seasoning to it and shake it up in a little Tupperware container.

Another one I like is olive oil, mustard, and Splenda mixed with a little water for consistency. No measurements on that one, just mix to taste. Tastes quite a bit like honey mustard.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:41 PM   #195  

Just wanted to thank petiteandcute and Linden for getting back to me with info, on Thur. I have not been able to get on the computer until today and then I had to read to catch up so I wouldn't miss anything Now that I am back home things have been way easier. I will be more prepared next time when traveling.
I really like the jello for my snack, I went ahead and made all mine up and stuck them in the frige after I read on here that someone else had done that it will be much handier. It sounds like most of the weigh-ins have been good to most, that is very encouraging.
We are going through a mean cold streak here again, and we have just started calving. This weather is very hard on baby calves, so I am up for the first round of night checks. I will be checking every hour until 2 AM and then hubby will be up to take over. I hope loss of sleep will not affect my weight loss.
Well better head out and see what's happening, its only 2 degree's here right now.
Good day for everyone tomorrow.
Closed Thread