Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 11:26 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 190.8/185/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrean View Post
K so I have decided that the worst thing about this diet is eating salad without normal salad dressing! I am not a salad person but will eat it with the right dressing and thus far I cannot seem to figure out a good dressing that I like! I tried WF ranch and hated it and now I'm scared of wasting more money on another dressing I don't like and I have tried different combos of oil vinegar and various spices. Any suggestions??
I had a horrible time finding something I liked as well. This one is great!
1/4 c Splenda
1/2 c water
2T soy sauce
olive oil
2T vinegar
2T Tomato paste
1T lemon juice
1T garlic
10 drops Tobasco

Shake. Makes enough for about a week.

And honestly, sometimes I drizzle real Ranch. I still have been losing 3 lbs/wk. YMMV though.

Last edited by serendipityberry; 02-20-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:56 AM   #212  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Kate View Post
My morning meal is usually a shake or a pudding followed by a black tea with stevia. Morning snack is half a protein bar. Lunch (noon is usually soup with 2 cups of veggies and try to get in some lettuce. Supper (dinner) is usually chicken, lean pork or beef ( 5 oz) with mixture of veggies (like a stir fry but not fried - and then a hot drink afterwards. I like the Ready made vanilla shake heated with nutmeg. My counseller said I could go to 4 IP products a week, since I haven't got into ketosis and am hungry. I drink lots of water, and am not cheating although it is awful tempting. I am up at 0530 hours in the morning and usually in bed by 9. I take all the recommended supplements and use the sea salt although I don't like salt. I think I am on track with the diet, but it just doesn't seem to be cutting it for me. Thanks for any input.
Hi, I'm still a newbie here - first day of week 5, but maybe you should add some protein. There are some here, myself included that had more protein than was allowed the first couple of weeks - and honestly, I still do. I add an egg to the omelette mix - my Cardiologist/coach said it was okay. I add some tuna to my Big Salad every day at lunch, and the new information is that you can have 8 oz. of meat or fish at dinner (or whenever you want it) so I sometimes split that up. I'll have 5 ounces with dinner and roasted veggies - asparagus is a fave - and then more meat or fish and veggies whenever I get hungry. I'm not in deep ketosis, but I've lost regularly every week. Does that sound like something you could try?
Old 02-20-2011, 12:03 PM   #213  

Good Morning Ip'ers,

I'm thankful for all the great advice I've received here on this site. It has been tremendously helpful to sit here and read about everybody's journey. This morning I woke up and am in the 180's for the first time in 12 years. I can't believe it. I just can't believe it after all the struggle I've had since I was diagnosed Type II diabetic, weight loss has been so difficult. But it's happening. It's actually happening. And I forget who said it, but someone pointed out that you may even be smaller at the same weight and I think that may be true. I ventured and tried on some pants that used to fit me at 168 and I can almost wear them now. It's crazy, but I am so grateful that this is working. Now if I could just get my blood pressure down.....
Old 02-20-2011, 12:33 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

[QUOTE=ErinO;3720932]Good Morning Everyone! Its Sunday and day 5 of IP for me.

Well - yesterday - day 4 was much better then days past. I felt stronger and more confident, which was great. My only issue is being a bit lightheaded - but I am trying to ignore that. I feel like I am getting used to this - I have my melt downs - but they are becoming less and less.

Did many people have the symptom of just being completely exahusted? I go to bed and can instantly fall asleep - something not common for me. Last night I slept 9.5 hours and still woke up groggy - I mean I felt like I had taken a sleeping pill - I am guessing this is just because my body is working so hard right now. Did I mention that I drempt of carbs and cheating... lol.

I was unusually tired too. The first couple nights I slept 10 hours and could have slept more! Most nights I couldn't keep my eyes open past 8:00. It only got better for me this past Friday (Day 8). And last night I was able to say up 'til 1:00am so I think I am getting past this.

Last edited by brandam6; 02-20-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:34 PM   #215  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinO View Post
Good Morning Everyone! Its Sunday and day 5 of IP for me.

Well - yesterday - day 4 was much better then days past. I felt stronger and more confident, which was great. My only issue is being a bit lightheaded - but I am trying to ignore that. I feel like I am getting used to this - I have my melt downs - but they are becoming less and less.

Did many people have the symptom of just being completely exahusted? I go to bed and can instantly fall asleep - something not common for me. Last night I slept 9.5 hours and still woke up groggy - I mean I felt like I had taken a sleeping pill - I am guessing this is just because my body is working so hard right now. Did I mention that I drempt of carbs and cheating... lol.

On a side note - this morning I was so looking forward to my crispy cereal. All I could think of was DAIRY. Nice cold skim milk - yum! I grab my package of cereal - and turn it over to read the instructions.... "measure 3.5 ounces cold water, cereal packet and stir...." HUH? Water + Cereal - ugh reality check! lol. Managed to choke it down - not what I was expecting.... lol.

Here's to a better lunch and a brighter day
For both Erin and Ontariophotogal, I too was tired that first week. Some days I felt like I had the flu, my joints ached, I was exhausted, I called my coach and she said to have some salt - that did help. Also, I was still trying to do my nightly treadmill workout and I've just had to cut that out entirely. The days after my treadmill workout - I feel like I've been hit by a truck. So, I'm sticking to light walking around my neighborhood and some light yoga stretches and lunges. But if I go a long period without eating - last night we went to the theatre and it was just a much longer ordeal than I'd planned for, I ended up going 5 hours from my last food intake and as a Type II diabetic - that is just a no-no. I felt pretty awful until I got home and had a Peach Mango drink and some veggies plus a couple of salt and vinegar chips. Soon I felt completely normal again. It might just take a while for you to figure out what you need to keep on you (I always have chips and a bar in my purse - except for last night! ) and planning is important. But when it's been a while and maybe just two hours sometimes - I'll get lightheaded and I have to eat something. Listen to your body. Hope this is helpful.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:53 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
This is my second weekend on IP, and it's much easier than the first. But last weekend I planned it so that I could be a shut in. Tonight we have a party to go to, and there will be lots of good food there. While it may be difficult, I will be ok. Taking my own food, and a packet JIC I need something sweet. And I've been practicing my "No thanks, I'm good" with a smile.

Congrats to everyone staying OP today, and the losses and victories that you're posting. I look forward to reading them every day!
-Brandy
[QUOTE=EgadsMe;3720336][B][I][U]

Great attitude, love it! Have fun at your party![/QUOTE

My party went great! I overcame the urges to nibble, ate the food I brought, and answered all the questions that everyone had. Luckily there was someone else there who has already completed IP, that helped answer the questions, and made me feel less like the odd man out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
Hey Hey....

Taking a break from cleaning and thought of another question.

I hope there isn't a question limit here or I'm gonna be in t-r-o-u-b-l-e.
lol... (looking over my shoulder for a or a carmel nut bar)

Well it's 4:00 pm mst, and like I stated, at times I feel strange, but not
sick. Does this mean I'm out of the woods and wont get ill from withdrawls or detoxing..

As always, I appreicate everyone's help and stories of victorys!!!!
I too felt somewhat not my self but every day I feel better and better. My husband told me Friday that the light was back in my eyes. So I think it will just get better!
Old 02-20-2011, 12:55 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 159.8/137.6/114

Height: 5'2"

Default New Protocol Changes

Happy Sunday to everyone!!

Has anyone heard about the changes...(I did not have a chance to go through the thread to see if anyone posted anything)..I am in Florida & we just found out.

It seems that squash is out, but red/yellow/oranges peppers are not restricted anymore (or something like that) and they increased the amount of protein. Also, new foods are going to be introduced.

Does anyone have more information??

Have a great day!

Old 02-20-2011, 01:21 PM   #218  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Quote:
Hi Everyone: Today is a bad one for me. Seems like I'm always posting just to rag on. Today is day 13 for me, still no ketosis, and am simply starving and can't figure it out. Last Monday at WI I was down by only 2.4 lbs, and counsellor felt for sure it would happen this week. No headache, no feelings of euphoric, or no sensation of feeling full, fruity breath or all the good things that go with ketosis. I have been rigid with the IP diet and stick to all the rules, except the lettuce. I drink at least 100 ounces of fluid, and am in great health. I am 54, 62 inches, and my goal is to loose 20 lbs. Starting weight was 139.1. Am beginning to wonder if this is the right diet for me. Any thoughts or ideas would be a great help as I am struggling. Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday .
Quote:
My morning meal is usually a shake or a pudding followed by a black tea with stevia. Morning snack is half a protein bar. Lunch (noon is usually soup with 2 cups of veggies and try to get in some lettuce. Supper (dinner) is usually chicken, lean pork or beef ( 5 oz) with mixture of veggies (like a stir fry but not fried - and then a hot drink afterwards. I like the Ready made vanilla shake heated with nutmeg. My counseller said I could go to 4 IP products a week, since I haven't got into ketosis and am hungry. I drink lots of water, and am not cheating although it is awful tempting. I am up at 0530 hours in the morning and usually in bed by 9. I take all the recommended supplements and use the sea salt although I don't like salt. I think I am on track with the diet, but it just doesn't seem to be cutting it for me. Thanks for any input.
You may be one of those people that lettuce makes a big difference for. Try eating more especially when you are hungry. You don't have a lot to lose and that will make your loses smaller on a weekly basis. You may be in ketosis - I also didn't get symptoms other than bad breath and lack of hunger. Do you excercise or have a very physical job? That could also slow things down.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:23 PM   #219  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Just checking in. I took the kids to see my mother- in-law for the long weekend and was really worried about meals. We tend to eat meals out. I don't quite feel comfortable eating out she just took them and left me at home to have my meals. She explained to the kids that Mama has to do what she is doing and she would support me anyway she could. She told me I looked great but that I looked great to her before. I am committed to this journey but felt that putting myself in temptations way would be too hard at this time. I have the best MIL in the world and have threatened my husband that in the event of a divorce he can have the kids but I get his mother. She did tell me that the pants I am wearing were very baggy ( my very first compliment). God has truly blessed me in the family department. I have been reading all post to get me motivated and kinda looking forward to weigh in 5. Thanks for all the support from you guys!!!
Old 02-20-2011, 01:26 PM   #220  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silado529 View Post
Happy Sunday to everyone!!

Has anyone heard about the changes...(I did not have a chance to go through the thread to see if anyone posted anything)..I am in Florida & we just found out.

It seems that squash is out, but red/yellow/oranges peppers are not restricted anymore (or something like that) and they increased the amount of protein. Also, new foods are going to be introduced.

Does anyone have more information??

Have a great day!

Hi Silado

Ok, I have my sheet, dated 2/7/11 It says bell peppers are permitted, I would assume that means all colors and squash is not permitted. My coach says that 7 oz of protein is permitted, but he wants us sticking to 5 oz (which is more then fine with me, if I had to consume 2 more oz's of anything, I think I would cry) Hmmm, I just started this program, so I'm not sure what new products your talking about, but the tomato soup is new. All I know is I'm looking forward in trading a few of my packets in for banana pudding, which I turn into a drink.

How this helps!

**doing the feeling good dance**

Last edited by Coloradodivegirl; 02-20-2011 at 01:28 PM. Reason: typos *sigh*
Old 02-20-2011, 01:33 PM   #221  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

oh oh oh............. two bags all packed up of FAT CLOTHES... size 16 and 18 ...wlll keep my 14's cause guess what ladies? I am in 12's now! yahoooooo went to sears in search of new dress pants for work, and yep....12's it is. I am so happy !!!!!!! will go drop those bags off, and re organize my closet and down .5 more so down to 166.5 omgggggg woo hooooooo ALSO....bought a case of 18 protein drinks from costco today... 30 protein, 3 fat, 5 carb and 160 calories... for 24$ sooo good. Have a great rest of your Sunday everyone
Old 02-20-2011, 01:45 PM   #222  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Congrats on your dropping of sizes!!! That's the way to do it!! Can I rub your head for good luck? lol.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:48 PM   #223  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
Congrats on your dropping of sizes!!! That's the way to do it!! Can I rub your head for good luck? lol.
GO FOR IT hahhhaha
Old 02-20-2011, 02:05 PM   #224  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Height: 5'8"

Question Scale Accuracy

I know I am not supposed to get hung up on what the scale says everyday and in fact I did not even own a scale until I bought one yesterday. Here's my dilema. I WI on Tuesdays after work with my coach, so last Tuesday on her scale I weighed 270.2, that morning on my scale at work (I'm a school nurse so I have one of the scales that you have to get it to balance) and I weighed 266. Yesterday on my new scale (Conair/Weight Watcher's brand) said 264.4? It seems to me that my coach's scale is weighing around 5 pounds heavier?? It definitley is making me wonder!! Is it possible that my coach is not reporting my accurate weight? I would like to think not, but why would it be so far off? 5 pounds is huge in my world right now!!
Old 02-20-2011, 02:16 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 157/157/125

honestly my coach did tell me that I could have animal protein as well to get started I just didnt want to feel like I was half-way doing the diet but sounds like that worked for your sister so I may try her advise.. thanks
Closed Thread