Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 09:52 PM   #106  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by caraab View Post
First 4 days on the program. I didn't think I could do even one day with all the restrictions. But so far, so good. I tried to take it an hour at a time the first day. No real hunger...Just wanting to eat. Crazy to learn that you live to eat, not eat to live. Kind of hard learning what products you like and which you can't gag down. But I have found some good ones. Drinking lots of water. Program seems to make me thirsty. But no headaches etc. Can I make it a whole week? I hope so. Caraab
How we look at a journey can determine how we are able to walk through that journey. When I began this journey I failed to see the restrictions on the protocol, I'm glad I did. For example: When I saw the list of select vegetables, I thought this is what I will choose from till I loose 90% of the weight I want to loose. I am thankful I have not felt deprived while being on this program, I have felt blessed, fortunate to be able to shed pounds and pounds and inches and inches, little by little, but ever so successfully. Now I have to focus on maintaining where I am. I have a lot to learn during this time of my journey. I have been extremely thirsty at times. My first few days were the hardest. You will make it the first week, the whole week. Stay in touch with us, let us know how you are doing and when the time comes, brag brag and brag some more, this is the place to do that. Judy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Jumping in with both feet here, looking for as much support as possible. On day 1 and excited, like what I've had to eat so far and was nice to get a call already from my coach Looking forward to sharing this journey with you all and being inspired! Thanks for having me!
Hugs
Stacy
Welcome! I'm glad you have good support from your coach. You can draw inspiration from this forum and also be an inspiration to others. Judy
Old 02-18-2011, 09:56 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 209.6/201/145

Height: 5'3"

Hi Everyone, had a good week had IP weigh in #2 and lost an additonal 3 lbs. thats 12.5 lbs in two weeks! I will take that! I have tried the tomato soup to me it needs help does anyone have any suggestions I can do with the tomato soup to make it taste better?
Old 02-18-2011, 10:06 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 226/172/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
did I read somewhere that it's a good idea to get all your eating and snacking done by 8 pm? Or was I in a dream state?
I was told to eat my snack an hour before bed, so often eat it at 10-11.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:06 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Hey all hope you're having a great IP weekend...I'm traveling and doing my thing...I have my packets with me and a great dinner at Outback...yummmy....
Stay focused and sharp and avoid all the saboteurs.....the ones who think you just can take a little bite....

Old 02-18-2011, 10:13 PM   #110  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyesnmt View Post
Hi Everyone, had a good week had IP weigh in #2 and lost an additonal 3 lbs. thats 12.5 lbs in two weeks! I will take that! I have tried the tomato soup to me it needs help does anyone have any suggestions I can do with the tomato soup to make it taste better?
Funny, I had that today for lunch. I added my veggies, sea salt a TON of pepper (I'm a pepper girl) and a boatload of basil.. lol. I didn't think it was too bad, especially as I ate it, but now that I think about it... thank goodness I have a lot to try before I go back to it.. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretley View Post
I was told to eat my snack an hour before bed, so often eat it at 10-11.
Thanks Bretley... glad to hear I can take a breather between dinner and snack time. I could be in trouble during the week, as I like to go to bed pretty early. O O O, I know, I'll just stay up longer during the week, talking to you guys! lol
Old 02-18-2011, 10:14 PM   #111  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Great job on your WI -- sooo exciting!!!!!!! As for the tomato soup -- I make mine sort of a mock version of tortilla soup - add cauliflower rice that I have sauteed in a spice mix of cumin, oregano, chipotle pepper, smoked paparkia, cayenne pepper, a bit of salt (you can probably use a good chili powder), I add this to the soup with some green onions, fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime -- sometimes I add a spoon of salsa (but since it is only and occasional I am only adding a little). It also makes a nice base for thai style soup -- add thai basil, lemongrass, some Thai curry paste, bok choy, straw mushrooms and a tiny bit of fish sauce. (delicious).... hope this helps
Old 02-18-2011, 10:15 PM   #112  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Hey all hope you're having a great IP weekend...I'm traveling and doing my thing...I have my packets with me and a great dinner at Outback...yummmy....
Stay focused and sharp and avoid all the saboteurs.....the ones who think you just can take a little bite....

STAMP THAT! Great advice!
Old 02-18-2011, 10:28 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 205/205/155

Height: 5ft 8in

Quote:

I just tried to tomato soup also. I felt like it was very very bland. Missing the real tomato taste. I am going to try adding some WF catchup the next time just to maybe jazz it up a little.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:30 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 205/205/155

Height: 5ft 8in

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
Great job on your WI -- sooo exciting!!!!!!! As for the tomato soup -- I make mine sort of a mock version of tortilla soup - add cauliflower rice that I have sauteed in a spice mix of cumin, oregano, chipotle pepper, smoked paparkia, cayenne pepper, a bit of salt (you can probably use a good chili powder), I add this to the soup with some green onions, fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime -- sometimes I add a spoon of salsa (but since it is only and occasional I am only adding a little). It also makes a nice base for thai style soup -- add thai basil, lemongrass, some Thai curry paste, bok choy, straw mushrooms and a tiny bit of fish sauce. (delicious).... hope this helps
Thanks for posting these fabulous ideas! I am just starting to figure out how to doctor some of this food up and get creative. Most of the great ideas I have gotten are from the wonderful people on this site!
Old 02-18-2011, 10:53 PM   #115  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Hi, and thanks for all the info you and the others impart here. Is the water mainly for just cleansing? Will you lose "faster"if you drink that much? I have a hard time getting down 40-50 oz a day and rarely the 64 recommended to me. Any hints on easy ways to get it all down in a day? Thanks ahead of time
For some peope, the amount of water that you drink does affect their losses. Mainly, it's because you need it! And if you're feeling hungry, but you've already had your veggies/packets/allowed food, drinking water helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
Would someone please explain what the IP boot camp is?
Thanks so much.
IP boot camp is only doing the non restricted packets (puddings, shakes, soups) and only eating the anytime veggies (none of the occasional ones). You're not restricting how much food you can eat, just sticking to the lower carb foods.

Quote:
Can someone please tell me what I could use instead of the banned crystal light to help me get all my water in? I can do 2 and sometimes 3 bottles of water in a day, no problem but that 4th one I have to choke down There has to be an alternative no? Also, is the water that I add to my IP meals and drinks able to be counted towards the recommended 64 ounces?
I was told that yees, the water you add to your meals & drinks counts toward the recommended water intake. And I hate to break it to you, but you should be drinking at least 100 oz. of water, not 64.

Quote:
Mama.... I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's only having non restricted IP food and no occasional veggies....

I have a question.... going into the night of my first day. How in the world do you get all this food down? Chrips, I didn't eat this much food in two days. I'm cooking dinner now and I don't have a clue how I'm gonna eat it all + a snack... Yikes!!
Some people take the digestive enzymes to help them break things down faster - I never have. My thing is that I make sure that I eat all my veggies, and if I'm not hungry for lettuce, then I don't worry about it. Some days I want lettuce, some days I don't.

Quote:
Ohhhh sorry... I don't THINK the water you add to packets are included in the 64 oz. At least I don't include them, but I think showgirl did state that if you drink tea it's included. My coach told me that tea is a diteric and ok to drink, but I would have to add another glass of water if I drank it.

Hope thats helpful.
My thoughts on water intake... My general practice for myself is that if it meets the 0/0/0 requirements and doesn't have any caffeine, then it counts towards the water intake. My bottles of water, decaf tea, water I add to make packets, I count it all.

Quote:
I thought IP boot camp would be adding some minor exercise, not limiting more food. I need all my veggies or I'd never poo.
I don't have any trouble drinking all my water and more, I even drink some in the middle of the night. I'm 'visualizing' the fat cells flushing away. That seems to help. I also add a touch of lemon or lime juice to the water, that seems to help.
You're not limiting food (and it has nothing to do with exercise) - just sticking to the lower carb packets. Boot camp is not an "IP Principle" that you're going to read about in their stuff - I only heard about it on here.

Quote:
Hi Aunt Sheshie!

Do you have a good trick up your sleeve to help my tummy make room for more food???? LOL!
Digestive enzymes!

Quote:
did I read somewhere that it's a good idea to get all your eating and snacking done by 8 pm? Or was I in a dream state?
I think you were in a dream state. The only thing that I've heard specifically is that you should be getting your snack in about 30 min - an hour before you go to bed. Then your body has that protein to use while you're asleep. And ideally, that bedtime snack would be a shake or pudding because the proteins are more easily used than those in the bars.

Quote:
Hey blueyes, do you remember 4B's tomato soup? That's what I am working on making this one like. I added a half cup of stewed tomatoes (counting towards my week's amount of occasional veggies) and a little onion and it wasn't too bad, but next time I'm going to add in a little chicken broth. (I have the recipe for the 4B's tomato soup, so I'm taking cues from that.)
Old 02-18-2011, 10:54 PM   #116  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
I have never walked by that rule. I eat dinner between 5 and 7, depending on what time I ate lunch or my schedule that day. Then I have my bed time snack around 10 or 11. The idea of a bedtime snack is to carry you over till breakfast. I have prefered most of my veg. hot, they do seem to shrink. The quanity of food seemed over whelming at first, then everything seemed fine after a while. Sometimes my husband would say,"I have never seen anyone eat so much and loooooose weight." He knows you don't lose weight by starving yourself. We both knew I was eating what my body needed, not all the carbs. I had been feeding it. Thank goodness for knowledge!
Old 02-18-2011, 10:54 PM   #117  

I just ordered a jacket from Lululemon and it made me think of Jordanna and her white Lulu jacket - anyone know how she is or when she is due? It must be coming up pretty soon!
Old 02-18-2011, 11:34 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:

I was told that yees, the water you add to your meals & drinks counts toward the recommended water intake. And I hate to break it to you, but you should be drinking at least 100 oz. of water, not 64.

I just got confirmation from my coach that yep the water in the meals and drinks does count toward the daily water intake and that while I know the more water the better the minimum recommendation is in fact 64 ounces.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:41 PM   #119  

Quote:
I just got confirmation from my coach that yep the water in the meals and drinks does count toward the daily water intake and that while I know the more water the better the minimum recommendation is in fact 64 ounces.
BTW, I love your profile pic - gorgeous.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:44 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman79 View Post
Today I woke up and weighed in. Since I started IP Tuesday I have gotten through my plateau and lost 9 lbs. since I started. It help push me to one of my mini goals, losing 10% of my body weight. I haven't seen 286 in a long time. Thank you guys for all of your support!!!! Have a great weekend!!!
sandman- 9 lbs in 4 days.....i tell ya, sometimes i envy the men, they always loose faster....Congrats on breaking your stall!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
Well had my 6th weigh in, it was a loss of 1.4, not great but I will take it. So I am hoping my 2 week stall is over. In two weeks I have lost 3 pounds putting me at 143. I am still hoping to be at 135 within 24 days for vacay.
alaska- i slowed way down 5 and 6th week too. hope it picks back up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erathbaby View Post
does any one know if not taking your vitamins will effect your weightloss? I always forget to take at least one of them.
erathbaby- i started the protocol with no supplements and about week 3 i was terribly sick. added the potassium, cal/mag and multi. perked right up after that. i wouldn't do the program without em... we end up in the bathroom so much and it messes up the electrolytes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinO View Post
Good evening fellow IP'ers. This is my first post....

I decided to start IP after months of telling myself tomorrow would be the day - but it never was. After two children and a REALLY stressful job - I found myself eating and drinking my stress - not good. I have been unhappy with my size for a long time - in fact - last year I lost 20lbs with a ton of exercise and just my own version of low carb - protein & veggie diet... but a year later - here I am 20lbs back - and then some. Well - Wednesday was my "tomorrow."

Today is day three of my program. So far I have found it far more dificult then I origonally thought it would be. I wake up each morning energized and full of confidence - but by 10 a.m. I am starved... by 3 p.m. I am just downright exahusted. I feel like I have been in a fog, tired, irritable and just downright mad sometimes. I can't tell you how many times I have wanted to just give in and cheat or quit all together - is it worth it? of course it is - but these past three days have felt like an iternity and I wonder how much longer I can go on feeling tired and hungry..... grrr.

I think I can - I think I can - I think I can
erino- you are almost over the worst part.....don't fold! about day 4 you get past the starving and are able to almost think again. it gets way better from there. the first 3 days are the absolute worst!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
I'll beat Linden to the punch - 2 - 2.5 liters isn't enough for your body doing this. The general rule of thumb is .5 oz of water for each pound of body weight + 10 oz. So, you should be shooting for at least 100 oz. a day. Invest in cushy toilet paper.
ditto what mrs b said about the water!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Hi, and thanks for all the info you and the others impart here. Is the water mainly for just cleansing? Will you lose "faster"if you drink that much? I have a hard time getting down 40-50 oz a day and rarely the 64 recommended to me. Any hints on easy ways to get it all down in a day? Thanks ahead of time
ditto what mrs b said about the water! love your little swim guy, cracked me up! so appropriate!

Quote:
Would someone please explain what the IP boot camp is?
Thanks so much.
all unrestricted packets and allowed veggies. no restricted anything

Quote:
Can someone please tell me what I could use instead of the banned crystal light to help me get all my water in? I can do 2 and sometimes 3 bottles of water in a day, no problem but that 4th one I have to choke down There has to be an alternative no? Also, is the water that I add to my IP meals and drinks able to be counted towards the recommended 64 ounces?
ontario- some of us fill a gallon jug in the morning and pack it around with us, some people like room temp, some fill x amount of water bottles, etc. agree w the herbal tea. any tea that is caffeine free counts as water. as for myself, i started with the banned crystal light just a sprinkle in the jug i fill everyday (room temp for me) and weaned myself from it in a couple days. i still lost just fine. i also drink a bunch of Good Earth Original caffeine free Sweet and Spicy tea. the hot tea really was key for me.

Quote:
Mama.... I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's only having non restricted IP food and no occasional veggies....

I have a question.... going into the night of my first day. How in the world do you get all this food down? Chrips, I didn't eat this much food in two days. I'm cooking dinner now and I don't have a clue how I'm gonna eat it all + a snack... Yikes!!
sherry- i don't always get in all my veggies either. and as much as i hate to say it (don't beat me with a caramel nut bar, i know everyone gags over it) i had to do the spinach smoothie again tonight to meet my quota. i do better when i set my 2 cups of raw veggies on my desk and eat them all day. then i only have to worry about supper. i've found that my 4th protein is usually a warm chai tea w vanilla packet or a hot cocoa before bed. let me know if you come up with a different idea, i'm open for suggestion on getting it all down too.

Quote:
Ohhhh sorry... I don't THINK the water you add to packets are included in the 64 oz. At least I don't include them, but I think showgirl did state that if you drink tea it's included. My coach told me that tea is a diteric and ok to drink, but I would have to add another glass of water if I drank it.

Hope thats helpful.
my understanding is decaf tea is ok and counts as water. caffeine tea no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post

judo- aren't the green beans at the outback yumm-o?! glad i'm not he only one who gets tired of the "one bite won't hurt anything, have just a little, you should eat a balanced diet, it's just fruit!, you can't have carrots?!,

good job on packing your foods and being prepared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
cheekywit- i like the way you think! smoked paprika oh my! love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredamemom2013 View Post
I just tried to tomato soup also. I felt like it was very very bland. Missing the real tomato taste. I am going to try adding some WF catchup the next time just to maybe jazz it up a little.
notredame- maybe try adding a touch of double concentrate tomato paste in the tube? haven't done it myself, but ..........????
Closed Thread