Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 10:33 PM   #106  
Re-Started IP 1/17/12

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'1.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
INSURANCE SAID YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those of you who don't know what I'm referring to, I saw a plastic surgeon a couple of weeks ago about a breast reduction and I've been waiting for authorization from the insurance company to go ahead. Her scheduler called me today and we got the okay! I'm so excited. I have to get it cleared with work tomorrow, but I think surgery will be Feb. 10th.

YIPPEEE!!!!!!!!! So happy for you!
Old 01-17-2011, 10:52 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 185/185/160

Height: 6'0"

Default Here we GOOO!

Hello Fellow Dieters:

Tomorrow morning marks my first day on the Ideal Protein Diet. As a young mommy of two and former college athlete, I am ready to trade in the rolls and gain some confidence and respect for myself in this process. If any of you have any advice, I would LOVE it. I am so thankful to find a place where I can get some information and insight from people who are going thru what I am.

Looking forward to new relationships with all of you and a great 1st week!

~t
Old 01-17-2011, 10:53 PM   #108  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
Jess, how was Costco trip? I will go on Thursday. Comparable to IP RTD?? I am so glad they said yes, and hopefully they'll say yes to work off.
They aren't bad - pretty good with coffee in them. I found that there seemed to be just a hint of something... coconut maybe, that I was tasting in them. I wish they were a little bit thicker, but I think that they will be great for using in iced lattes! Add a little ice and a couple of shots... Yum. I hope your Costco has them! I still like the IP ones better, but I think the IP makes good creamer and these will make good lattes.

WTG on the measurements - that's awesome. I'll have to write down what my starting measurements were... My coach has them all written down, but I never bothered.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:13 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 227/212/150

Height: 5'2''

Default tough week

This has been a tough week for me (week 2) I LOVE that I log onto this forum "lurk" into everyone's IP journey and then log off my computer feeling re-charged and ready to push through this tough week! For those of you who offer encouraging words, recipe ideas, and survival strategies... THANK YOU! I don't think you realize how many people you are helping!
Old 01-17-2011, 11:14 PM   #110  

I have never written down the measurements before, I just thought a 3 mo comparison would be nice to see. It is nice to see the side by side before and after though!
MMM I love coconut! I love flavoring my coffee with that anyways, so maybe I'll be able to skip that step.

My coach asked if I'd email her my before picture (the one shown here) and she'll take a pic of me when I'm done. At the store, they have a bulletin board for people's success photos. I am honored to be apart of it!
Old 01-17-2011, 11:27 PM   #111  
4me

S/C/G: 270/245/160

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:

For those of you who don't know what I'm referring to, I saw a plastic surgeon a couple of weeks ago about a breast reduction and I've been waiting for authorization from the insurance company to go ahead. Her scheduler called me today and we got the okay! I'm so excited. I have to get it cleared with work tomorrow, but I think surgery will be Feb. 10th.
Congratulations!
Old 01-17-2011, 11:44 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSheila View Post
Wow! I think I will just jump in and forget about the catching up Long story short I gained 30lbs after leaving IP. Old habits and addictions got the best of me. With this being said I am tired of it and hopefully this go around will be the last. I was not going to come back to 3FC but there is no other support like the support here. So here I am and I need help. Day one is going good
I am right there! I took an IP pause and found I was very attracted to the things that made me fat in the first place. Bad choices and fast food! Everyone says your tastes will change on IP and you won't like the fats and sweets...WRONG! For me anyway, I still love the sweets and fats. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE being thin better! Welcome back!
Old 01-17-2011, 11:47 PM   #113  
Started IP Oct 11,2010

S/C/G: 229.8/181/147

Height: 5.4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Ok well just got back from WI#9 and I lost -8.2 lbs for a total weight loss of -59.2 lbs since starting IP. I just love this weight loss program.
WOOOHOOO!!! Great job!!!
Old 01-17-2011, 11:50 PM   #114  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea2011 View Post
Back from WI#2 and I lost 3.9 lbs with a total of 9.2 lbs in 2 weeks! I am really happy with that since I was thinking if this is anything like the Biggest Loser, usually the lbs down in the second week are fairly low!
Thats awesome keep up the great work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paupau View Post
Wow, I'm amazed!

1st week a 7lb loss
2nd week a 5lb loss

and no cravings, major diet pop drinker and haven't had any cravings

I am so amazed with this program
That's great keep up the great work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbf410 View Post
Well just got back from my WI and I only lost 1.3. But hey, a loss is a loss right. I'm FINALLY back to where I was before I started my slippery slope of not being 100% on protocol

Oh well, the good news is it's a loss and I'm back on track and I've seen an inch loss!!
celebrate that success!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
Had my first weigh in today, only 5 days in, and lost 4# and 3 inches! Woohoo!!!!! This is the first time in 1 1/2 years the scale has gone down, due to health issues, and I feel so great! So glad for this site and all the info that people post, it helps soo much
Thats great keep up the great work.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:54 PM   #115  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsgrrl View Post

Way to go on losing 59.2 lbs since you started. Do you feel better?

I feel absolutely great full of energy and not as tired as I was. I am just amazed what taking a little weight off will do for you. My wife has said I don't snore anymore as well which has made her really happy.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:56 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi all,
I'd like to join in for daily chat- if i don't live and breath it i tend to let things slip if you know what i mean. a few friends at work started out with me doing misc programs, but they have dwindled off only after 2 weeks. I'm 43, mother of 2 teen boys, wife of a chronically skinny husband and work full time in an office on my butt 8 hrs a day. I started my IP type protocol jan 3rd. my starting weight was 189 and i'm down to 175. I am using protein substitutes, including lindora, nashau nutrition items, muscle milk and EAS. I do not have a medical provider or coach but it hasn't bothered me so far considering i'm down 14 pounds in 15 days! i'll read up on everyone from page one over the next few days and here is to a great rest of the week for everyone!
Old 01-18-2011, 12:03 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Quote:

You had me at INSURANCE SAID YES!
I am so very happy for you, I wish they would do the same in the reverse! I am completly deflated! So I know not the strain on the back etc. but I do know about looking and not liking what you see!
Old 01-18-2011, 12:24 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy

My favorite veggie addition to eggs is asparagus and a little sea salt. Love it! I have a hard time getting my veggies in so i have come up with an easy solution- the spinach smoothie! i put about 1/2 portion vanilla shake, 2 cups spinach and a bit of water in the blender. taste is pretty ok really, and if you used a tropical or berry powder it should be alot better. i used to do spinach with fruits and vanilla pp but of course, no fruit on IP.

A good source for alot of WF products is netrition.com. i live in a very rural community and we have no WF here. i can usually google up a coupon code or order enough to get free shipping. they have reviews as well to help decide what you might want to try, which i think is super helpful!

Breakfast for me is always pp in my coffee. At least that's an easy no brainer to get me started in the right direction. put the pp in a small jar, add a splash of cold water (hot makes it glob up) and shake to a smooth consistency, then add to hot coffee or tea. yum!
Old 01-18-2011, 12:25 AM   #119  
IP started Nov 2010

S/C/G: 219/171/140 IP 186 started

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Thanks all, I am soooooo excited. I've been on pins & needles for a week and a half waiting for the phone call. I burst into tears as soon as I got off the phone with the scheduler. Feb. 10th IS coming up soon, but I feel like I'm in a race against this diet to get it done before the girls are too much more gone. Insurance only approves it if you have at least 500 gms to lose off each side and I don't want to get much smaller before surgery. I actually work IN surgery and this is kind of our slow period where I think it won't be an issue to take 3 weeks off from work - I'll find out for sure tomorrow.

I'd have it done sooner, but we're supposed to be out of town the week before for my hubs' birthday and I don't want to be leaving the day after surgery! :-)
Congratulations. I am also on the waiting list to get mine down. They told me it could be 8 months before I can have it...unless I go for a tummy tuck at the same time but that part isn't covered by insurance. We'll see if the next couple of months I can sock some money away...it would be so awesome to have that done as well.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:01 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Having a good day in NJ. Next WI is on Friday. Hoping for some good numbers. I am heading into my 3 week on the program.

Carla - best of luck to you again, looks like you have a great support system here so you should breeze right through. Loved that you posted what you will be having today. I would love to see everyones menus of what they eat a day.
Breakfast: Choc Drink with peppermint stevia warmed up.
Lunch: grated cauliflower, turnip chips and salmon romaine lettuce salad with roasted garlic and basil olive oil and dijon mustard dressing
Dinner: protein drink (not IP) more romaine and broccoli
Snack an hour before bed: protein drink.
Closed Thread