Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 11:47 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 216.4/175.4/169

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aheck View Post
Good Morning people,
I would like to know what is EVOO? I have read it everywhere. It is a balmy -42 degrees celcius here in Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada. I was supposed to be in the gym this morning but i did not have the heart to drag my 2 year old out in this cold! I also wanted to know if anyone has read the creator of IP's book? I am in the middle of it and am finding inconsistencies. I know that alot has changed in regards to the food, so i assume that the science has just been altered a little for "Ideal" results. I do love how he writes, so many things have become clear about how this diet works now....
Anyways i hope all of you have a strong, wonderful day!
Allison
EVOO = Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I asked the same thing ~ hehe

I am also in Alberta but a little farther south, still cold though!! Getting kinda tired of all the snow but it is suppose to warm up soon I think?

This week has been a little hard for me, ever since going off IP for Christmas it seems like it is harder to resist temptations!? The desire to cheat is overwhelming! I think these last 10lbs are going to be the hardest to shed! Last week I had a awesome loss over 4lbs but this week I haven't lost a single ounce yet!? I keep stealing bites off my 2yr olds plate, they are kinda "good" cheats, slice of cheese, extra meat and I have had a few days of 4pks of IP - but I think these are slowing down my weight loss and I need to get refocused!!
Old 01-17-2011, 11:51 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 236/236/140

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! This is my FIRST day on IP and I thought I would come check out the chat while I drank my tea. I just finished eating my maple oatmeal. It's.......interesting. I'm guessing it will take some getting used to.
I am so committed to losing weight on this program! I've yo-yo'd my whole life, but just recently gained 36 pounds after we had a miscarriage in August. I'm done punishing myself with bad food choices and am ready to get myself healthy so I can be a better mother to my 2 little boys and hopefully have another one once I get this weight off!
Looking forward to coming here for support and ideas along the journey!
Becky
Old 01-17-2011, 11:53 AM   #33  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Wow, thank you for the tips. I will try them out to see if I can make a flavor that is more tasty. I will have to find a place that sells the catsup or order it online. Would really like to try these out before I buy anymore and waste the money.
i have tried a few WF flavors, and most are pretty gross. i have found that the honey mustard alone is no good, but it's great mixed with hard boiled eggs -- it makes them taste deviled, and/or makes a great egg salad (when mixed with a little vinegar and mustard and salt). the one WF flavor that is amazing is Bacon Ranch. i'm a vegetarian (the bacon is soy) so my tastes might be a little skewed, but i am seriously trying to buy this flavor by the case. it makes everything it touches so much better!

where do you guys buy WF from? i have ridden my bike all over San Francisco looking for it with no luck. i currently buy it from my coach, but he charges $6 a bottle, which is quite high. we don't have Walmart in the city, so that is out...
Old 01-17-2011, 11:57 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
where do you guys buy WF from? i have ridden my bike all over San Francisco looking for it with no luck. i currently buy it from my coach, but he charges $6 a bottle, which is quite high. we don't have Walmart in the city, so that is out...
Netrition.com sells all WF items $4.95 flat shipping no matter how much you buy!
Old 01-17-2011, 11:58 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 192/185/145

Height: 5'8

Quote:
i have tried a few WF flavors, and most are pretty gross. i have found that the honey mustard alone is no good, but it's great mixed with hard boiled eggs -- it makes them taste deviled, and/or makes a great egg salad (when mixed with a little vinegar and mustard and salt). the one WF flavor that is amazing is Bacon Ranch. i'm a vegetarian (the bacon is soy) so my tastes might be a little skewed, but i am seriously trying to buy this flavor by the case. it makes everything it touches so much better!

How are you doing on this being vegetarian? What are you using as your protein, tofu? I know you cant have beens or legumes on phase 1 or 2, i wanted to try and do it vegetarian but there does not seem to be much info for going that direction....

Allison
Old 01-17-2011, 12:06 PM   #36  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by aheck View Post
How are you doing on this being vegetarian? What are you using as your protein, tofu? I know you cant have beens or legumes on phase 1 or 2, i wanted to try and do it vegetarian but there does not seem to be much info for going that direction....

Allison
well, for the first week i had no idea what i could eat as a protein other than eggs. that got boring really quick so i asked my coach and he got in contact with his IP rep. they sent over a list of acceptable vegetarian proteins. my current favorites are Smart Dogs (really low carbs), and Seitan (8 carbs per serving, so i only eat it on days when my other carb count is low). if you are interested, give my your email address and i will forward the list to you.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:14 PM   #37  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:

There used to be a diabetic supply place near the Richmond if I can remember correctly (cannot remember if it was the inner or outer Richmond) that used to carry all sorts of diabetic supplies and stuff including sugar free foods - You might want to google it and see -- also my Safeway here carries it and I have been told that some Albertsons carry it (we don't have albertsons on the East Coast so I cannot verify) Safeway is usually pretty good at ordering things if you make a request- I used to live in SF -- so reading your posts always makes me smile and miss my days in that fantastic city.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:28 PM   #38  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
Carla, sending you good vibes this morning as you start the second part of your journey. I am mostly a lurker, but have been around a long time (started IP on 12/2/09). I was consistent through June of 2010 and then began to tweak this and that and bounced around the same 10lbs for the last 6 months. I could give all the excuses, summer, vacation, back to school stress, stress of the kids in my class, etc., but the truth is I just didn't work the plan. On Jan 1 I recommitted and have seen an 18lb drop since. I know that the water weight loss was significant, but it feels good to see the scale going back down instead of up. I know that you will do great in this second half of your journey because you are a planner and researcher and you know how the plan works/how to work the plan. Anyway, best of luck! Please know that I may not post often but I am always supporting you.
THERE YOU ARE!!!

I was just thinking of you the past two days! I hope your holidays went well and you are staying warm. I do remember you and your posts. I was a lurker for a few months before posting and read many of your comments.

I am so glad you are back with it too. It is very encouraging for me to hear you have had such a great start to your second round! Thank you for coming out of lurking and sharing that. I REALLY needed to hear it today!

Don't stray to far and pop up once in awhile on the forum. I really enjoyed your participation.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:30 PM   #39  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

OK, off to the gym. I want to thank everyone for their kind and supportive comments. I am really enjoying having them. So far so good on the day. I'll respond/post more this afternoon.

Old 01-17-2011, 12:32 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 187/168.6/145

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:

I live in the bay area and I get my WF products at Lucky's in El Cerrito Plaza. They have a pretty good sections. It's in the pharmacy section.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:54 PM   #41  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcjohn View Post
I live in the bay area and I get my WF products at Lucky's in El Cerrito Plaza. They have a pretty good sections. It's in the pharmacy section.
thanks for the info! unfortunately, i don't drive, so if i can't get there on bike, or relatively easy on bart, it's not really an option. El Cerrito is a bit far for someone like me who doesn't leave the city much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsgrrl View Post
Netrition.com sells all WF items $4.95 flat shipping no matter how much you buy!
thank you. this is excellent! i just placed a big order!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
There used to be a diabetic supply place near the Richmond if I can remember correctly (cannot remember if it was the inner or outer Richmond) that used to carry all sorts of diabetic supplies and stuff including sugar free foods - You might want to google it and see -- also my Safeway here carries it and I have been told that some Albertsons carry it (we don't have albertsons on the East Coast so I cannot verify) Safeway is usually pretty good at ordering things if you make a request- I used to live in SF -- so reading your posts always makes me smile and miss my days in that fantastic city.
interesting... i'll have to look into this. the richmond is a little far for me (i live in the mission), especially since i am no longer allowed to ride up the hills due to this diet and its exercise ban. i checked in the safeways here and they don't carry WF . oh, also, albertons no longer exist in the city. they all closed down.

Last edited by longdivision; 01-17-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:04 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
thank you. this is excellent! i just placed a big order!
You are welcome. I have used Netrition in the past. Usually semi fast UPS shipping. I am so spoiled since I have an amazon prime account!!
Old 01-17-2011, 01:11 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 152/132/120

Height: 5'2"

Default first official weigh in!!!

At the end of 2 weeks, i just had my first official weigh in! I lost 8 pounds and 15 (YES 15) inches! i LOVE IP! I've never had this kind of success before, and i feel great!

Good luck and congrats to all you other "losers" out there! Happy Monday!
Old 01-17-2011, 01:27 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 161/143.6/124

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by debonadiet View Post
At the end of 2 weeks, i just had my first official weigh in! I lost 8 pounds and 15 (YES 15) inches! i LOVE IP! I've never had this kind of success before, and i feel great!

Congratulations that is awesome! I weigh in tomorrow night and it looks like we are similar in weight ranges so your post gives me hope

I had a good weekend but it was rough. On wednesday the hunger went away and then bam saturday it was back. I don't know why...I didn't cheat or anything so maybe that is just how it goes sometimes...
I was outraged on saturday. I had kept my IP boxes on the kitchen table. we have a 6 month old rottweiler. we were gone for 4 hrs on Saturday helping my grandma and when we got home I walked in to see 5 or 6 packets torn up and chocolate and vanilla strewn all over the family room! I was able to weigh and measure and salvage about 3 packets but with how much everything costs and with it being 90% of what i eat...MAN...i will be able to make it thru tomorrow, but i'm gonna have to use the rtd vanilla that i had bought for my coffee that should have lasted me another week. needless to say the box of omelette mix and all others to come will be kept in the cupboard above the fridge.
I had a beerbraut for dinner last night. Weighed my self and i'm up .4. I was cleaning the sink up this morning and noticed that there was a lot of "fast residue". Should i not have eatin this?
Old 01-17-2011, 01:28 PM   #45  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by debonadiet View Post

Way to go!! Congratulations!!! Keep up the good work!
Closed Thread