Old 01-17-2011, 02:13 PM   #1  

Default confused and lost in need of help

Hi. I just started IP today and to be honest I am already COMPLETELY OVERWHELMED. I am no sure of the do's and dont's.
Can you please help me. There is so much info on this site that I am lost.
I am not sure what veggies are OK and what is not. What supplements should I be taking? I am doing this on my own to cut back on cost. I also read that you can substitute 2 eggs for the packets is the true?
Any help would be great.
Thanks so much.
Andrea
mommyconfessionsblog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:36 PM   #2  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyconfessionsblog View Post
Hi. I just started IP today and to be honest I am already COMPLETELY OVERWHELMED. I am no sure of the do's and dont's.
Can you please help me. There is so much info on this site that I am lost.
I am not sure what veggies are OK and what is not. What supplements should I be taking? I am doing this on my own to cut back on cost. I also read that you can substitute 2 eggs for the packets is the true?
Any help would be great.
Thanks so much.
Andrea
I was told you cannot substitute eggs for a packet - HOWEVER you can have two eggs instead of a lean protein. The basics to get started -- Eat three packets a day - 1 for breakfast, 1 for lunch, and 1 for evening snack before bed - you cook your own dinner. I have attached the sheet my coach gave me when I started.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Phase 1 - Ideal Protein.pdf (65.1 KB, 28 views)
CheekyWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:40 PM   #3  
Taking it day by day =))

Height: 5'6

I have 3 eggwhites a day instead of an IP pack... I usually make an omelet with 2 cups of veggies for lunch.
AvaLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:13 PM   #4  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Whew! I can feel your panic from here! Take a deep breath and relax. What do you mean "on your own"? Without a coach or with alternative products or both?

Go back to the IP main page and read through the stickie called Phases. There is a post there that has all the phase sheets attached. They list the vegetables that are acceptable and what is limited to 2X/week. They also give a sample menu to help you get started. Supplements are also listed on the phase pages. They include a multi-vitamin, potassium, cal-mag and others that are optional.

If you are using alternative products (not IP) then you need to read through the alternative thread. You can get a lot of help there to find products that are comparable to IP.

I'm curious...if you're doing this all on your own, then how did you hear of it?

Good luck! Keep posting and we will do our best to help!
Mamadancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:17 AM   #5  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

don't worry, you aren't on your own, you have the collective wisdom of a great group of people!

Start by reading the Phase 1 document that CheekyWit posted. Here are some generalities:
1. You must eat 4 cups of vegetables per day, and there are 3 categories:
--Select: means you can eat them every day.
--Occasional: means you can eat a TOTAL of 4 cups per week off that list
--Not allowed: these are all the high carb veggies and they are not allowed ever (and no fruit either)
Measure the veggies (not weighing them) before cooking. There are lots of other veggies that are not on this list so if you come across something you'd like to try, check the recipe threads.

2. You can eat as much lettuce as you want. This is what will help keep you feeling full and will help avoid the dreaded big C (constipation). You should try to have at least 2 salads a day. You can do this at lunch and dinner, or spread it out over the day so you don't get too hungry.

3. Three packets a day. If you are not buying IP brand packets, be very careful to check that you are getting packets that have enough protein and other nutrients. Here is a great chart that a bunch of people have contributed to, with all kinds of comparisons between IP and other products (click on the brand names along the bottom) https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...3c&hl=en#gid=1

4. water, water, water. This is critical to your weight loss because you need to support your liver and kidneys or they cannot work on the fat you are trying to burn. more water. really

5. the vitamins are complicated. If you are not buying IP vitamins, check out the thread for equivalencies. I just don't know enough because I did all IP vitamins. Oh, and did I mention water??

6. Salt and oil, per the PDF document. If you get headaches, it's most likely lack of salt. And the oil will actually help you burn fat and feel less hungry.

and join us every day on the daily chat! hope to see you there
Rocky Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote