3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat - Mon. 17 Jan. 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/222689-ip-daily-chat-mon-17-jan-2011-a.html)

EatAnts 01-17-2011 06:08 AM

IP Daily Chat - Mon. 17 Jan. 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!
:welcome3: and happy new year!!! :celebrate:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Medicmom734 01-17-2011 07:14 AM

Good Morning All!

Looks like other than EatsAnts, I'm up! LOL! And its not even a go to work day! I just decided I wanted to get up and have some morning quiet time. I work nights tonight, so I will nap later!

Things are still going good! The encouragement helps! I didn't weigh this morning, but will just reassure tomorrow, then I will do my regular WI on Friday. Even if it doesn't move anymore, my average weekly loss has been 2 pounds, so if I've already lost that for this week, then so be it! I will lose 2 more next week!

Have a great day peeps!

showgirlaz 01-17-2011 07:45 AM

Round TWO Day 1

OK! Here I go. This marks the start of day1 as I set out to finish losing.

I am up and have had my first 24 ounces of water. I will probably need much more than the usual volume this week. My allergies are still in full swing and the homeopathic remedy I am using is drying me out more than I anticipated. (glad I didn't get a decongestant too!)

I have a pilates class scheduled for today. I don't plan on canceling. It will probably help me burn off some of the glucose/glycogen. It is a semi private class (2 of us share the time) so, I spoke with my trainer yesterday and let her know I was hoping to stay in a more moderate heart rate zone. I will make sure to get in 4 protein packs a day when I do exercise.

SO, the game plan for today is egg omelette for breakfast with some veggies, workout, coffee with IP vanilla rtd, salad/2c veggies and Peach mango drink for lunch, lettuce snack and tea (I get a 3:30 munchies thing.), dinner of fish, salad, cauliflower rice and turnip greens with some turnip bits (not many), and a chocolate pudding snack.

I am brewing up a pot of herb tea now so I can quickly drink or warm something up.

I can't explain it. I know this works yet, I am actually feeling as anxious (maybe more so) as I seriously approach doing this again. I keep feeling/thinking "what if I messed this up with a break?" I know that shouldn't be the case, Sylvie (an early member) did the same thing as me and lost very well her second time around. I just keep trying to remember that. SO, I will try to hold my anxiety to a minimum but, I will be need the help and support of all of you as I get back into the phase 1 boot camp mentality/mode. I am not setting extreme goals this time. I expect, based on my weight to AVERAGE 2-3 pounds a week loss by the time I have finished. I will be doing everything I can to keep those numbers closer to the 3 pound end of the spectrum.

Off now to take my starting weights and measures. THAT should be fun! I don't think I have measured in 3 months. I haven't jumped on a scale since 12/27. (fingers crossed for reasonable results. I know I am up. My jeans are a bit different in fit.)

Thanks in advance for all the support! You guys are amazing and I wouldn't be able to think of doing this without you all!

:hug:

JudoGirl 01-17-2011 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by showgirlaz (Post 3657804)

I am up and have had my first 24 ounces of water. I will probably need much more than that this week. My allergies are still in full swing and the homeopathic remedy I am using is drying me out more than I anticipated. (glad I didn't get a decongestant too!)

I have a pilates class scheduled for today. I don't plan on canceling. It will probably help me burn off some of the glucose/glycogen. It is a semi private class (2 of us share the time) so, I spoke with my trainer yesterday and let her know I was hoping to stay in a more moderate heart rate zone. I will make sure to get in 4 protein packs a day when I do exercise.

SO, the game plan for today is egg omelette for breakfast with some veggies, workout, coffee with IP vanilla rtd, salad/2c veggies and Peach mango drink for lunch, lettuce snack and tea (I get a 330 munchies thing.), dinner of fish, cauliflower rice and turnip greens with some turnip bits (not many), and a chocolate pudding snack.

I am brewing up a pot of herb tea now so I can quickly drink or warm something up.

I can't explain it. I know this works yet, I am actually feeling as anxious (maybe more so) as I seriously approach doing this again. I keep feeling/thinking "what if I messed this up with a break?" I know that shouldn't be the case, Sylvie (an early member) did the same thing as me and lost very well her second time around. I just keep trying to remember that. SO, I will try to hold my anxiety to a minimum but, I will be need the help and support of all of you as I get back into the phase 1 boot camp mentality/mode. I am not setting extreme goals this time. I expect, based on my weight to AVERAGE 2-3 pounds a week loss by the time I have finished. I will be doing everything I can to keep those numbers closer to the 3 pound end of the spectrum.

Thanks in advance for all the support! You guys are amazing and I wouldn't be able to think of doing this without you all!

You are amazing...so put up your dukes and get in there champ and kick but..
have fun today and let yourself breathe...its a great day....
I was out a week on vacation and I am ready to hunker down too and finish this journey...I want to inspire others...
I'm excited..my Mom started a program..she couldn't find one in Alaska..but is trying a simular program..
and My friend from Albany is one week into the program and lost 7 lbs...
so its great to be a role model for others struggling...
Today is POWER DAY the power to change things in our lives, the power to make a difference..so go get em....
:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::c arrot::carrot::carrot:

JudoGirl 01-17-2011 07:57 AM

Today is going to be a kick butt day..I'm going to do the ball class this evening..and my work schedule today will keep me very busy...
We had a guest over last night from NY City and first time he saw me since I lost any weight..he was so funny...he told me I was so small....
I'm 5'7" and far from so small...but I loved it just the same..haa haa haa..
this is a great program...

showgirlaz 01-17-2011 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EatAnts (Post 3657723)
Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread --

Hey Sheila! :) How are you? Are you doing ok with opening the morning thread? Would you like a break for a bit or some help? Just checking to see what I can do for you.

Thank you for your constancy and dedication to get the morning going for those of us here. You are much appreciated. :hug::hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medicmom734 (Post 3657775)
Good Morning All!

Looks like other than EatsAnts, I'm up! LOL! And its not even a go to work day! I just decided I wanted to get up and have some morning quiet time. I work nights tonight, so I will nap later!

Things are still going good! The encouragement helps! I didn't weigh this morning, but will just reassure tomorrow, then I will do my regular WI on Friday. Even if it doesn't move anymore, my average weekly loss has been 2 pounds, so if I've already lost that for this week, then so be it! I will lose 2 more next week!

Have a great day peeps!

YEAH!!! :) I love the positive attitude! I am sure you will lose a bit more before weigh in. In any case, you are doing so well!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudoGirl (Post 3657815)
You are amazing...so put up your dukes and get in there champ and kick but..
have fun today and let yourself breathe...its a great day....
I was out a week on vacation and I am ready to hunker down too and finish this journey...I want to inspire others...
I'm excited..my Mom started a program..she couldn't find one in Alaska..but is trying a simular program..
and My friend from Albany is one week into the program and lost 7 lbs...
so its great to be a role model for others struggling...
Today is POWER DAY the power to change things in our lives, the power to make a difference..so go get em....
:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::c arrot::carrot::carrot:

Thank you! You are so right! Lots of people have unique challenges to overcome.

Let's do this!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudoGirl (Post 3657823)
Today is going to be a kick butt day..I'm going to do the ball class this evening..and my work schedule today will keep me very busy...
We had a guest over last night from NY City and first time he saw me since I lost any weight..he was so funny...he told me I was so small....
I'm 5'7" and far from so small...but I loved it just the same..haa haa haa..
this is a great program...

That must have been great! I know it is strange to have someone else say that but, maybe we just done see ourselves clearly. Or, maybe their comment is based relative to the image of us they said before (again, maybe our image wasn't very real). In any case, he must have made your day!

juiceman11 01-17-2011 08:36 AM

Good morning to all. Hope everyone has a great week. I wanted to see if anyone had ideas for making WF dressings taste a bit better. I have tried Ranch, Honey Dijon and Ceasar. Ceasar is the only one I can tolerate. I thought the other 2 would be good but were NOT. Any suggestions? These are the only 3 WF products readily available to me unless I travel.

I normally just use a homemade olive oil, apple cider vinegar and spice dressing but would like to mix it up a bit.

Also, can you leave an olive oil/cider vinegar homemade dressing out on the counter and not store it in the refrigerator? I put mine in the refrigerator and the oil solidified. Are they ok to be left out in sealed container?

Have a great week all.

petiteandcute 01-17-2011 08:39 AM

Quote:

I am up and have had my first 24 ounces of water. I will probably need much more than the usual volume this week. My allergies are still in full swing and the homeopathic remedy I am using is drying me out more than I anticipated. (glad I didn't get a decongestant too!)

SO, the game plan for today is egg omelette for breakfast with some veggies, workout, coffee with IP vanilla rtd, salad/2c veggies and Peach mango drink for lunch, lettuce snack and tea (I get a 3:30 munchies thing.), dinner of fish, salad, cauliflower rice and turnip greens with some turnip bits (not many), and a chocolate pudding snack.

Off now to take my starting weights and measures. THAT should be fun! I don't think I have measured in 3 months. I haven't jumped on a scale since 12/27. (fingers crossed for reasonable results. I know I am up. My jeans are a bit different in fit.)

I don't know what happened this morning, I woke up way too early, around 4:30. I am going to be home today, no need to be awake that early. I have been reading on the 3chicks. Carla, I know that you will have no trouble staying on protocol and reaching your goal, even if you have a rough day. With your knowledge and determination you will succeed. I'm here cheering you on. This forum has made my journey so much more interesting. I have and am learning so much just by being on this diet. I love the way I look and am thankful for the great blood work results. Have a great day, Judy

juiceman11 01-17-2011 08:52 AM

To any of the other males on here or females if they have experienced it....I have noticed the past 4-5 days, just sitting at rest, ie working at my desk, watching tv, lying down, I will get an intense sense of being hot and just start to perspire then it will go away. I talked to my WI coaches and they said that they had heard other males experiencing this. It does not make me feel bad it is just strange. Is this common? How long does this last, the whole time I am on IP?

Any thoughts or answers will be appreciated. Thanks!

wyoangel 01-17-2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juiceman11 (Post 3657878)
Good morning to all. Hope everyone has a great week. I wanted to see if anyone had ideas for making WF dressings taste a bit better. I have tried Ranch, Honey Dijon and Ceasar. Ceasar is the only one I can tolerate. I thought the other 2 would be good but were NOT. Any suggestions? These are the only 3 WF products readily available to me unless I travel.

I normally just use a homemade olive oil, apple cider vinegar and spice dressing but would like to mix it up a bit.

Also, can you leave an olive oil/cider vinegar homemade dressing out on the counter and not store it in the refrigerator? I put mine in the refrigerator and the oil solidified. Are they ok to be left out in sealed container?

Have a great week all.

I take a salad to work every day...and learned quickly that refrigerating my dressing turned it to a glob. So yes, you can get away with not keeping it cool....besides, the ingredients I use in mine come from my cupboard and not my fridge.

As for WF dressings? About the only one I can stomach is the Italian...really, all others just about make me gag. I did have the raspberry last night on a salad (but used it sparingly). Just keep trying.....I have a whole fridge of WF that I will probably never eat....we should have a swap shop on here for those of us that want to trade around!!!! :)

Good luck!

juiceman11 01-17-2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyoangel (Post 3657953)
I take a salad to work every day...and learned quickly that refrigerating my dressing turned it to a glob. So yes, you can get away with not keeping it cool....besides, the ingredients I use in mine come from my cupboard and not my fridge.

As for WF dressings? About the only one I can stomach is the Italian...really, all others just about make me gag. I did have the raspberry last night on a salad (but used it sparingly). Just keep trying.....I have a whole fridge of WF that I will probably never eat....we should have a swap shop on here for those of us that want to trade around!!!! :)

Good luck!

Thanks. I wish I could get others locally but might have to drive 45 min to get the Italian. Might see if I can try it first before I buy it since it is kind of pricey. The swap shop idea would be good. I now have 2 bottles that will not get used I am sure. I figured the homemade one could be left out.

Has anyone tried the WF catsup or WF BBQ sauce?

wyoangel 01-17-2011 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juiceman11 (Post 3657966)
Thanks. I wish I could get others locally but might have to drive 45 min to get the Italian. Might see if I can try it first before I buy it since it is kind of pricey. The swap shop idea would be good. I now have 2 bottles that will not get used I am sure. I figured the homemade one could be left out.

No on the ketchup...yes on the BBQ...I actually don't mind the BBQ- but I don't use it like regular ketchup...I use it as a dressing on lettuce wraps...with maybe a little blue cheese dressing.

I also live in a a pretty rural area, my grocery story gets what it can for me, but I ordered my Italian online...that way I also got it in 1 oz. pkg. so it can go with me everywhere for those just in case moments!

iowahawkeyemom 01-17-2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juiceman11 (Post 3657966)

I like WF BBQ sauce. It's very good on chicken. Haven't tried the catsup. My favorite WF dressing is the 1000 Island. I went to buy some at the grocery store and they were sold out. Pretty sure they had limited supply of any WF product since a lot of people have decided to go on IP at the first of the year.

Our clinic keeps WF products in a frig so we can sample before we buy. Really great idea! No wasting of money then.

MsEricaSaenz 01-17-2011 09:44 AM

Good morning to you all.

Carla, best of luck to you! You are an inspiration.

Ok, my week 7 WI today was 162.5 for a loss of 2.3 lbs. I'm very happy as I was averaging a 1 lb loss for a few weeks. Then I started posting here and getting advice (especially on snacking) and I had a much improved week! Thank you all!!! I'm striving for a 3 lb loss this week.

cmsgrrl 01-17-2011 10:00 AM

Quote:

Good luck Carla!