Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 10:08 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
OK! Here I go. This marks the start of day1 as I set out to finish losing.

I can't explain it. I know this works yet, I am actually feeling as anxious (maybe more so) as I seriously approach doing this again. I keep feeling/thinking "what if I messed this up with a break?" I know that shouldn't be the case, Sylvie (an early member) did the same thing as me and lost very well her second time around. I just keep trying to remember that. SO, I will try to hold my anxiety to a minimum but, I will be need the help and support of all of you as I get back into the phase 1 boot camp mentality/mode. I am not setting extreme goals this time. I expect, based on my weight to AVERAGE 2-3 pounds a week loss by the time I have finished. I will be doing everything I can to keep those numbers closer to the 3 pound end of the spectrum.

Off now to take my starting weights and measures. THAT should be fun! I don't think I have measured in 3 months. I haven't jumped on a scale since 12/27. (fingers crossed for reasonable results. I know I am up. My jeans are a bit different in fit.)

Thanks in advance for all the support! You guys are amazing and I wouldn't be able to think of doing this without you all!

You know that we are all here for you Carla, just as you have always been there for us! Good luck! You know (and we know) that you're going to do great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Thanks. I wish I could get others locally but might have to drive 45 min to get the Italian. Might see if I can try it first before I buy it since it is kind of pricey. The swap shop idea would be good. I now have 2 bottles that will not get used I am sure. I figured the homemade one could be left out.

Has anyone tried the WF catsup or WF BBQ sauce?
I quite like the WF BBQ (especially on chicken). We've used it grilling on the BBQ and in the oven. I have the catsup, but have only used it in one pork chop recipe that I do. It's okay.
I am not very keen on the WF salad dressings either, though I haven't tried the Italian yet. I usually make my own dressing with EVOO, lemon juice, dijon mustard and some stevia.

Hope you all have a fabulous week with great WI results and plenty of NSVs!
Old 01-17-2011, 10:28 AM   #17  

Quote:
Good morning to all. Hope everyone has a great week. I wanted to see if anyone had ideas for making WF dressings taste a bit better. I have tried Ranch, Honey Dijon and Ceasar. Ceasar is the only one I can tolerate. I thought the other 2 would be good but were NOT. Any suggestions? These are the only 3 WF products readily available to me unless I travel.

I normally just use a homemade olive oil, apple cider vinegar and spice dressing but would like to mix it up a bit.

Also, can you leave an olive oil/cider vinegar homemade dressing out on the counter and not store it in the refrigerator? I put mine in the refrigerator and the oil solidified. Are they ok to be left out in sealed container?

Have a great week all.
Quote:
Has anyone tried the WF catsup or WF BBQ sauce?
juiceman11, I've only tried the WF Bleu Cheese salad dressing & it's okay... thinking of trying the Ranch next time... I can buy it locally, but my drive is not much better than yours would be, clear on the other side of town, about 30 minutes away... the oil & vinegar should be fine left out on the counter... they were fine before they were mixed, can't see why it'd be different afterward...

I'm not a catsup user, but I do use the BBQ sauce... it's good, but not quite hot enough for me, so I mix in a little Cholula Hot Sauce... almost as good as the "Devil's Spit" sauce at Famous Dave's...

Your question about feeling hot intrigues me... let us know what you find out...

Quote:
Carla, if anybody can do it, you can!.. I'm so glad you're back, you were sorely missed by one & all...

While you were taking your break, what changes did you see?.. I think I remember you were concerned about loose skin before... has it tightened up?..

hugs
Old 01-17-2011, 10:36 AM   #18  
New to IP

S/C/G: 170.6/152/130

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning! I am on track and having a wonderful day off !! I am very excited. Today I looked in the mirror and I noticed, I HAVE A WAIST AGAIN!!!
After my pregnancy I had gained so much weight that I didn't have my waist defined anymore, but this morning I put on a little shirt that was kind of tight around the waist before and now it fits perfectly and I am able to see my awesome waist!! I am so happy. This gives me the drive to continue!!
Now I just have to concentrate on it so my husband is really surprised when he sees me again after he comes back from his deployment. I want to be the person he fell in love with, again.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:39 AM   #19  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Good morning to all. Hope everyone has a great week. I wanted to see if anyone had ideas for making WF dressings taste a bit better. I have tried Ranch, Honey Dijon and Ceasar. Ceasar is the only one I can tolerate. I thought the other 2 would be good but were NOT. Any suggestions? These are the only 3 WF products readily available to me unless I travel.

I normally just use a homemade olive oil, apple cider vinegar and spice dressing but would like to mix it up a bit.

Also, can you leave an olive oil/cider vinegar homemade dressing out on the counter and not store it in the refrigerator? I put mine in the refrigerator and the oil solidified. Are they ok to be left out in sealed container?

Have a great week all.
I bought the exact same dressings you did and I have the same review. In order to make them taste better here is what I do:

Ranch (for me this is a lost cause -- I gave up trying to make it better -gaggg)

Ceasar: Add a bit of mustard (I like Maille), a bit of lemon juice, and some dill. If I am feeling really adventurous I make a paste with garlic cloves (peel garlic-- a few cloves -- sprinkle with salt and mash them with the back of a spoon or a knife on a cutting board until they turn into a paste) then I add a bit of anchovy paste -- this makes Caesar passable

Honey mustard -- I have to add more mustard to this one

I made my own bbq sauce with the WF ketchup - by itself it is okay but it is a great base for other things -- here is how I made my BBQ sauce - add a few splashes of Worcestershire, a few splashes of Liquid Smoke, apple cider vinegar, franks hot sauce (or whatever brand you prefer), ground black pepper,a BBQ spice mix I get at Penzeys (you could probably pick up any dry rub bbq mix just make sure it doesn't have sugar), a bit of Dijon mustard, a pinch or three of dry mustard powder and smoked Spanish paprika --Once I perfect it more I can give you the exact measurements of everything but I am sort of a taste as you do kind of cook. And yes I know Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke have less then 1 gram of carbs per teaspoon -but I use literally two splashes not even an 1/8 of a teaspoon and it makes enough for at least 2 generous slather on helpings

I also use the ketchup for a salad dressing which is pretty good and a nice change up to my usually vinegar, mustard, oil, spices dressing. Take the ketchup and mix it with a bit of white vinegar, 1/8 tsp of sesame oil or less as a little goes along way (this might be controversial with your coach - it isn't with mine as long as I deduct it from my olive oil and I don't go overboard), a pinch or two of dry Chinese mustard powder, a bit of garlic powder and a small pinch of ginger and a drop or two of soy sauce -- it make a nice asian inspired dressing which is good on salads - an Asian type slaw I make and lettuce cups.

In short - so far the best used WF product I purchased is the Ketchup - it has lots of potential if you are willing to experiment a bit.

As a side note I also bought the WF chocolate sauce, the Italian dressing, and flavored stevia's (chocolate, Cinnamon, english toffee) - I am working on making those better and figuring out ways to use them- admittedly prior to IP I was a food purist-- I NEVER drank diet soda, used splenda or considered Stevia an alternative to sugar and I am extremely allergic to aspartame -- so my reviews and my tastes are from that background. It is hard to know what I will think as my palette changes in this diet which I have been told happens - but so far the saccharine sucralose taste of some of these items including WF is really hard for me. I hope this helps.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:52 AM   #20  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:

I am up and have had my first 24 ounces of water. I will probably need much more than the usual volume this week. My allergies are still in full swing and the homeopathic remedy I am using is drying me out more than I anticipated. (glad I didn't get a decongestant too!)

I have a pilates class scheduled for today. I don't plan on canceling. It will probably help me burn off some of the glucose/glycogen. It is a semi private class (2 of us share the time) so, I spoke with my trainer yesterday and let her know I was hoping to stay in a more moderate heart rate zone. I will make sure to get in 4 protein packs a day when I do exercise.

SO, the game plan for today is egg omelette for breakfast with some veggies, workout, coffee with IP vanilla rtd, salad/2c veggies and Peach mango drink for lunch, lettuce snack and tea (I get a 3:30 munchies thing.), dinner of fish, salad, cauliflower rice and turnip greens with some turnip bits (not many), and a chocolate pudding snack.

I am brewing up a pot of herb tea now so I can quickly drink or warm something up.

I can't explain it. I know this works yet, I am actually feeling as anxious (maybe more so) as I seriously approach doing this again. I keep feeling/thinking "what if I messed this up with a break?" I know that shouldn't be the case, Sylvie (an early member) did the same thing as me and lost very well her second time around. I just keep trying to remember that. SO, I will try to hold my anxiety to a minimum but, I will be need the help and support of all of you as I get back into the phase 1 boot camp mentality/mode. I am not setting extreme goals this time. I expect, based on my weight to AVERAGE 2-3 pounds a week loss by the time I have finished. I will be doing everything I can to keep those numbers closer to the 3 pound end of the spectrum.

Off now to take my starting weights and measures. THAT should be fun! I don't think I have measured in 3 months. I haven't jumped on a scale since 12/27. (fingers crossed for reasonable results. I know I am up. My jeans are a bit different in fit.)

Thanks in advance for all the support! You guys are amazing and I wouldn't be able to think of doing this without you all!

Hi Carla -- your posts have been so informative and supportive to me as I get started. I appreciate all the time and effort you put into this and into us. I am here in chilly DC sending my support vibes to the universe hoping they fall on your ever shrinking self. The way I see you is a beautiful, generous and courageous spirit -- what happens in this next part of your journey is like putting sprinkles on the icing of what is already an awesome cake. (sorry for the food metaphor) like putting on the finishing touches Good luck to you--
Old 01-17-2011, 10:55 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning all!
I went to pick up some IP puddings yesterday and noticed the new packaging on the products... I check the omelette carb count and it appears to have gone up? 6 or 7 carbs? am I correct? is this product still UN restricted?
Old 01-17-2011, 11:04 AM   #22  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
I bought the exact same dressings you did and I have the same review. In order to make them taste better here is what I do:

Ranch (for me this is a lost cause -- I gave up trying to make it better -gaggg)

Ceasar: Add a bit of mustard (I like Maille), a bit of lemon juice, and some dill. If I am feeling really adventurous I make a paste with garlic cloves (peel garlic-- a few cloves -- sprinkle with salt and mash them with the back of a spoon or a knife on a cutting board until they turn into a paste) then I add a bit of anchovy paste -- this makes Caesar passable

Honey mustard -- I have to add more mustard to this one

I made my own bbq sauce with the WF ketchup - by itself it is okay but it is a great base for other things -- here is how I made my BBQ sauce - add a few splashes of Worcestershire, a few splashes of Liquid Smoke, apple cider vinegar, franks hot sauce (or whatever brand you prefer), ground black pepper,a BBQ spice mix I get at Penzeys (you could probably pick up any dry rub bbq mix just make sure it doesn't have sugar), a bit of Dijon mustard, a pinch or three of dry mustard powder and smoked Spanish paprika --Once I perfect it more I can give you the exact measurements of everything but I am sort of a taste as you do kind of cook. And yes I know Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke have less then 1 gram of carbs per teaspoon -but I use literally two splashes not even an 1/8 of a teaspoon and it makes enough for at least 2 generous slather on helpings

I also use the ketchup for a salad dressing which is pretty good and a nice change up to my usually vinegar, mustard, oil, spices dressing. Take the ketchup and mix it with a bit of white vinegar, 1/8 tsp of sesame oil or less as a little goes along way (this might be controversial with your coach - it isn't with mine as long as I deduct it from my olive oil and I don't go overboard), a pinch or two of dry Chinese mustard powder, a bit of garlic powder and a small pinch of ginger and a drop or two of soy sauce -- it make a nice asian inspired dressing which is good on salads - an Asian type slaw I make and lettuce cups.

In short - so far the best used WF product I purchased is the Ketchup - it has lots of potential if you are willing to experiment a bit.

As a side note I also bought the WF chocolate sauce, the Italian dressing, and flavored stevia's (chocolate, Cinnamon, english toffee) - I am working on making those better and figuring out ways to use them- admittedly prior to IP I was a food purist-- I NEVER drank diet soda, used splenda or considered Stevia an alternative to sugar and I am extremely allergic to aspartame -- so my reviews and my tastes are from that background. It is hard to know what I will think as my palette changes in this diet which I have been told happens - but so far the saccharine sucralose taste of some of these items including WF is really hard for me. I hope this helps.
Wow, thank you for the tips. I will try them out to see if I can make a flavor that is more tasty. I will have to find a place that sells the catsup or order it online. Would really like to try these out before I buy anymore and waste the money.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:07 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 192/185/145

Height: 5'8

Good Morning people,
I would like to know what is EVOO? I have read it everywhere. It is a balmy -42 degrees celcius here in Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada. I was supposed to be in the gym this morning but i did not have the heart to drag my 2 year old out in this cold! I also wanted to know if anyone has read the creator of IP's book? I am in the middle of it and am finding inconsistencies. I know that alot has changed in regards to the food, so i assume that the science has just been altered a little for "Ideal" results. I do love how he writes, so many things have become clear about how this diet works now....
Anyways i hope all of you have a strong, wonderful day!
Allison
Old 01-17-2011, 11:15 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aheck View Post
Good Morning people,
I would like to know what is EVOO? I have read it everywhere. It is a balmy -42 degrees celcius here in Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada. I was supposed to be in the gym this morning but i did not have the heart to drag my 2 year old out in this cold! I also wanted to know if anyone has read the creator of IP's book? I am in the middle of it and am finding inconsistencies. I know that alot has changed in regards to the food, so i assume that the science has just been altered a little for "Ideal" results. I do love how he writes, so many things have become clear about how this diet works now....
Anyways i hope all of you have a strong, wonderful day!
Allison
Hey Allison

EVOO = extra virgin olive oil
Old 01-17-2011, 11:19 AM   #25  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

Way to go Carla! You know we are all here rooting for you and you also know the program works and you will get to your goal. I phased off for Christmas and I gotta admit getting back on was hard, but I did it and I know you can too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly0618 View Post
Good Morning! I am on track and having a wonderful day off !! I am very excited. Today I looked in the mirror and I noticed, I HAVE A WAIST AGAIN!!!
After my pregnancy I had gained so much weight that I didn't have my waist defined anymore, but this morning I put on a little shirt that was kind of tight around the waist before and now it fits perfectly and I am able to see my awesome waist!! I am so happy. This gives me the drive to continue!!
Now I just have to concentrate on it so my husband is really surprised when he sees me again after he comes back from his deployment. I want to be the person he fell in love with, again.
Congrats! It took me a lot longer then you to find my waist again (my baby is 12!) but I know how great that feels! I'm sure you are the same person - just working to be in a new (old) package!
Old 01-17-2011, 11:29 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Hey Allison

EVOO = extra virgin olive oil
Hahahaha thank-you, i should of known THAT!
Old 01-17-2011, 11:32 AM   #27  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

Quote:
Wow, thank you for the tips. I will try them out to see if I can make a flavor that is more tasty. I will have to find a place that sells the catsup or order it online. Would really like to try these out before I buy anymore and waste the money.
Yeah -- I kind of cringe when I think of how much money I have wasted on stuff I won't eat (at least not yet) -- I would say the Italian is OK and will do in a pinch and is probably the second most used WF item I purchased. I am not a ketchup lover but it definitely gives me the most base options without the aftertaste and really the whole taste process I get from the other WF products -- I think it is about resetting expectations - it doesn't have to be as good as the real stuff but it has to be passable. If you want any reviews of other stuff I have purchased --I am willing to share my palate experience before more money is wasted -- too bad we cannot have a food/clothing exchange with each other
Old 01-17-2011, 11:32 AM   #28  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

Have a great week all.
All of our tastes differ (I really don't like the Ceaser) and our tastes change overtime. I have grown to really like the 1000 Island (especially on my "Big Mac" or in big mac in a bowl salad), and have just tried HD for the first time (worked great as a dip for meatballs) The Raspberry is good with a pkt of Splenda added. I have the blue cheese dip and was disappointed with it's lack of cheesiness.
I don't have a lot of varieties available to me either. My coach uses the products and will let me sample hers before I buy so that helps. Btw, she mixes dressings together to get flavours she likes. I have ordered on-line to get more choices but it's hit-or-miss on whether you like it or not. Experiment. If it is just going to sit unused in the fridge, then what do you have to lose by putting a small amount in a bowl and adding stuff til it tastes good?

As to your "heatwave" issue...be thankful! Most of us are freezing all the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsEricaSaenz View Post
Good morning to you all.

Carla, best of luck to you! You are an inspiration.

Ok, my week 7 WI today was 162.5 for a loss of 2.3 lbs. I'm very happy as I was averaging a 1 lb loss for a few weeks. Then I started posting here and getting advice (especially on snacking) and I had a much improved week! Thank you all!!! I'm striving for a 3 lb loss this week.
Congratulations!
Old 01-17-2011, 11:33 AM   #29  

I was also wondering if we are allowed to use chicken or beef boullion or miso paste? I am in phase 1 and would love some allowable veggie soup!
Old 01-17-2011, 11:45 AM   #30  

Carla, sending you good vibes this morning as you start the second part of your journey. I am mostly a lurker, but have been around a long time (started IP on 12/2/09). I was consistent through June of 2010 and then began to tweak this and that and bounced around the same 10lbs for the last 6 months. I could give all the excuses, summer, vacation, back to school stress, stress of the kids in my class, etc., but the truth is I just didn't work the plan. On Jan 1 I recommitted and have seen an 18lb drop since. I know that the water weight loss was significant, but it feels good to see the scale going back down instead of up. I know that you will do great in this second half of your journey because you are a planner and researcher and you know how the plan works/how to work the plan. Anyway, best of luck! Please know that I may not post often but I am always supporting you.

Last edited by want2run; 01-17-2011 at 11:50 AM. Reason: formatting
Closed Thread