Old 01-18-2011, 01:11 PM   #1  
in need of help!

Default Can someone tell me if this is ok...

I have mentionned this before...I started the diet with the advice and help of a friend. I do not have a coach. So I was wondering...

for breakfast: 1 pink lemonade
lunch: 2 cups of vegetables from the list (today I had cabbage and vinegar!!)
+
1 mushroom soup
dinner: some slices of low fat ham
turnips
cucumber
snack: 1 bar (lemon)

Is that a typical day? Am I doing something wrong?
gigi1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:34 PM   #2  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

The food you're including sounds good! You know the bar is a restricted item, right? You are limited to one a day. Some coaches prefer you not have them for three weeks. Mine gave them to me on day one, but I find they're too much like candy for me.

None of your veggies are really high on the nutrients list, but are approved. Try to add some broccoli, if you like it. It's higher in carbs, but also really high in nutrition.

Are you measuring your meat? Low fat ham is ok, but still higher in fat than other options (chicken, fish, etc.). You can have 5 ounces of poultry or lean beef or game, or 7 ounces of seafood like fish, shrimp, or scallops. I weigh mine before I cook it on my digital kitchen scale (about $20).

Are you taking your supplements? You need calcium, potassium, cal-mag, and a multi-vitamin (I think this is right...).

Also, are you getting in your oil? You should have between 2tsp. and 2tbsp. a day. I say between because some coaches differ. Mine says 2tsp. I've learned here that 2tbsp. is what they're told.

How much water are you getting in? You should get NO LESS than 64oz a day, ideally 1/2 your body weight a day. 1/2 an ounce for each pound. If you weigh 200, then 100oz. I typically don't go over 120, though, or I can't sleep at night.

Hope this helps!
Joliebug82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:37 PM   #3  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Oh! And I forgot one of the most important things! READ, READ, READ!!! Read the newbie thread, read all the stickies you can, read until your eyes are tired, then read some more!

Come back to this site daily. You'll be amazed at how much you learn from the wonderful people, as well as the support and motivation you get! You don't HAVE to post, but it helps me be accountable and sometimes we all need that.

Good luck and welcome!
Joliebug82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:59 PM   #4  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi1023 View Post
I have mentionned this before...I started the diet with the advice and help of a friend. I do not have a coach. So I was wondering...

for breakfast: 1 pink lemonade
lunch: 2 cups of vegetables from the list (today I had cabbage and vinegar!!)
+
1 mushroom soup
dinner: some slices of low fat ham
turnips
cucumber
snack: 1 bar (lemon)

Is that a typical day? Am I doing something wrong?
I would echo everything Jolibug said above BUT I would add...you need to add unlimited lettuce with each meal (the best lettuce to use is Romaine)--even if you are not hungry eat your salad/lettuce it will help keep you regular and it helps to keep you full through out the day. Also you need to take your salt- this helps with headaches and with the massive adjustment your body and kidneys are going through as you change up your diet. I too try to steer clear of restricted items daily -- I use them 2-3 times per week rather than eating 1 a day. Look at the "fun with packets" thread to get some ideas how you can use the non restricted packets for yummy drinks and ice cream type deserts/snacks. Good luck - this is a great program and this site is GOLDEN for motivation, support and ideas - read, read, read
CheekyWit is offline   Reply With Quote