Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 12:15 PM   #106  
Started IP Jan 5 2011

S/C/G: 186/155/120

Height: 5' 2"

I noted your location and we are similar in size so I consciously have picked you as an inspiration I hope you don't mind, I enjoy your posts.

I am going through the Living Well Office in Coeur D' Alene for the IP diet, so far I'm pleased with the relaxed atmoshphere, willingness to take the time to answer all questions and friendly.

I hope you have a wonderful day and after TOM you see the results it might be hiding.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:28 PM   #107  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Hunter View Post
I noted your location and we are similar in size so I consciously have picked you as an inspiration I hope you don't mind, I enjoy your posts.

I am going through the Living Well Office in Coeur D' Alene for the IP diet, so far I'm pleased with the relaxed atmoshphere, willingness to take the time to answer all questions and friendly.

I hope you have a wonderful day and after TOM you see the results it might be hiding.
Aww thanks! That's sweet to hear. I work at SHMC and found out about the program through a co-worker. We go through a salon that is in NW Spokane.

I hope it's beautiful up in Newport today! It's 14 degrees here but clear skies and sunny. As long as it's sunny, I think I can put up with anything here...
Old 01-10-2011, 01:40 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5' 2"

I have been doing my research about IP and also have a friend here at work that lost 40lbs with IP. I go this afternoon for my first appt to get started. I am so excited and encouraged by everything I have read on here! I have 40 lbs I have been battling with since the birth of my twins three years ago and drama that crept into my life afterward. Now I am ready to take charge of me and get this mess off!!

I actually started to do low carb last week to try to get any sugar out of my system and maybe ease the transition to the IP plan. The first few days were rugged, but by Saturday I felt like I had alot more energy and cleaned out my garage!!

Look forward to interacting with you all on here!
Old 01-10-2011, 03:07 PM   #109  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

Default My journey

My name is Kathy and I am on day two of the IP program. After my second child my weight just kept on creeping up to the point that I weighed more then I did when I was full-term. I tried atkins, calorie counting but it was just to much thinking and I got tired of eatting the same stuff. I started noticing a few people that I work with losing a lot of weight and finally inquired. I was so excited I scheduled my appointment the moment that I found out. I knew it was a little on the expensive side but I finally needed to do something to take care of me. We as moms tend to always be care takers for everyone else and don't find the time to take care of ourselves. Well I determined that it was finally my time, regardless of the cost, it was short term and the benefits would be forever. The part of the program I like the best is that it is a no brainer. I don't have to think of things to cook and eat. Super life saver!! Before I actually started the program I started cutting carbs so I was alredy losing, to date I have lost 6 pounds. I have a vacation planned for March and am hoping that I will be down the weight. Was shopping for shorts and had to stop myself, thinking I won't be wearing size 12 in two months.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:45 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Good luck! My spare tire was actually the first thing that disappeared - in about 3 weeks! :-)
I hope my spare tire goes away as fast as your spare tire did!! LOL
Old 01-10-2011, 09:58 PM   #111  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollmark View Post
I hope my spare tire goes away as fast as your spare tire did!! LOL
Seriously, I lost 4 inches off my waist the first week - it was obscene.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:20 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 196/188/125

Height: 5'0"

Default Newbie

Just wanted to drop in and say Hi. My OBGYN suggested I try this and I've been reading through the forum almost all day...here is a little summary of me.

I was Dx with hypothyroid at 17. I went through periods of undertreament and then NO-treatment which left me in a severe hormonal imbalance. I've been working hard these past 4 years to get my hormones and thyroid back on track - with the help of my OBGYN. I'm 41 and I've dieted and exercised my way up to 200lbs (and I'm only 5'0 tall). I've done everything and nothing has worked. Sometimes I wish I suffered from yo-yo dieting because that would mean that something at least worked at some point - but i've never been able to lose more than 10lbs...ever. I've worked out with trainers, counted points, drank shakes, ran/lifted, metformin - you name it.

I think my thyroid is now in ck, and I've been able to loose 14lbs on Atkins since last Aug - but have hit a plateau. So I'm hoping and praying this does it. I just want to be able to eat and exercise like a healthy person and not gain weight. Also hoping this helps straighten out my hormones. I still have facial hair but my hot flashes and night sweats are better. Now if I can just find some energy!

I'm waiting on info from my coach - and have my intro meeting on Wed. My Dr just emailed me and said we should be able to get me going THIS WEEK! I'm so excited.

Thanks in advance for all the great info and I look forward to joining in!

-dana
Old 01-11-2011, 02:37 AM   #113  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickmouse View Post
Just wanted to drop in and say Hi. My OBGYN suggested I try this and I've been reading through the forum almost all day...here is a little summary of me.

I was Dx with hypothyroid at 17. I went through periods of undertreament and then NO-treatment which left me in a severe hormonal imbalance. I've been working hard these past 4 years to get my hormones and thyroid back on track - with the help of my OBGYN. I'm 41 and I've dieted and exercised my way up to 200lbs (and I'm only 5'0 tall). I've done everything and nothing has worked. Sometimes I wish I suffered from yo-yo dieting because that would mean that something at least worked at some point - but i've never been able to lose more than 10lbs...ever. I've worked out with trainers, counted points, drank shakes, ran/lifted, metformin - you name it.

I think my thyroid is now in ck, and I've been able to loose 14lbs on Atkins since last Aug - but have hit a plateau. So I'm hoping and praying this does it. I just want to be able to eat and exercise like a healthy person and not gain weight. Also hoping this helps straighten out my hormones. I still have facial hair but my hot flashes and night sweats are better. Now if I can just find some energy!

I'm waiting on info from my coach - and have my intro meeting on Wed. My Dr just emailed me and said we should be able to get me going THIS WEEK! I'm so excited.

Thanks in advance for all the great info and I look forward to joining in!

-dana
Please, please, please read all the posts about IP and hypothyroidism. Did your doctor tell you that calcium and soy and goitrogenic raw vegetables negate the effects of your medicine?
Old 01-11-2011, 09:27 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 196/188/125

Height: 5'0"

Thanks - I'll go back and read those...I'm pretty up on the thyroid stuff though. I've spent the last 4 yrs reading everything I could get my hands on. My Dr is great and we've researched it together and work closely on my treatment. She's pretty much willing try whatever I suggest and will read things I ask her to. I take a combination of synthroid and cytomel - and so far it seems to be doing ok. We don't bother with TSH levels and only use T3/T4 levels and how I feel to figure my dosage.

The main question I have now is to research iodine supplements. When I was Dx some 20 yrs ago it was mentioned that my body didn't absorb the iodine (and I had a goiter) - so I wonder if that would help me. Especially now that I don't eat table salt.

I don't really go out of my way to avoid soy - I've noticed if I get too much (eat a pure soy item) I get a bad headache - so I don't do that. Just don't pay much attention to everyday items with it in there. I do know that much of IP items have soy - but from what I've read it's in a form that should be safe??? That was the one thing that really bothered me about IP - so I'm hoping it's not an issue.

I don't eat raw veggies - but I like my broccoli lightly steamed and so far that's the only goitrogenic veggie I like. I suppose I'll have to develop a taste for others - but won't eat them raw.

Thanks again...I have more reading to do on this snowy day home from work :-)

I dreamed about this all night - Lord I hope it works!
Old 01-11-2011, 12:13 PM   #115  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickmouse View Post
Thanks - I'll go back and read those...I'm pretty up on the thyroid stuff though. I've spent the last 4 yrs reading everything I could get my hands on. My Dr is great and we've researched it together and work closely on my treatment. She's pretty much willing try whatever I suggest and will read things I ask her to. I take a combination of synthroid and cytomel - and so far it seems to be doing ok. We don't bother with TSH levels and only use T3/T4 levels and how I feel to figure my dosage.

The main question I have now is to research iodine supplements. When I was Dx some 20 yrs ago it was mentioned that my body didn't absorb the iodine (and I had a goiter) - so I wonder if that would help me. Especially now that I don't eat table salt.

I don't really go out of my way to avoid soy - I've noticed if I get too much (eat a pure soy item) I get a bad headache - so I don't do that. Just don't pay much attention to everyday items with it in there. I do know that much of IP items have soy - but from what I've read it's in a form that should be safe??? That was the one thing that really bothered me about IP - so I'm hoping it's not an issue.

I don't eat raw veggies - but I like my broccoli lightly steamed and so far that's the only goitrogenic veggie I like. I suppose I'll have to develop a taste for others - but won't eat them raw.

Thanks again...I have more reading to do on this snowy day home from work :-)

I dreamed about this all night - Lord I hope it works!
You are SO lucky. Maybe you can teach me something? I mean that ever so seriously. And it will work.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:17 PM   #116  
Began IP on 9-1-10

S/C/G: 201/157/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Seriously, I lost 4 inches off my waist the first week - it was obscene.

Oh, I WISH! My tummy and arms are reluctant to give up the flab, and my legs keep getting skinnier and skinnier.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:51 PM   #117  
New to IP

S/C/G: 170.6/152/130

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy New to IP

Hi, My name is Lilliana. I have been on the IP diet for a week and a half and have lost about 7 pounds. I can feel my clothes fitting better and I love to be getting results.
My husband is currently deployed and he will be back by April so i want to loose the weight by then. This is my motivation.

The bad part is that I have been having terrible cravings. It also doesn't help that my co workers tell me I shouldn't be on the diet because after it I am going to gain it all back I see everyone having their favorite meals and I have been kind of good up until now, but it is really tough. I have eaten some pistachios one night and also I had a sip of a cappuccino one other time. I am getting desperate because I can't spend more than 80 dollars a week plus the groceries, so I can't be buying a variety of IP foods, so I stuck to what I know I like.
Please help me. Does anybody know of anyone that gained all the weight back after this diet?
Old 01-12-2011, 12:52 AM   #118  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly0618 View Post
Hi, My name is Lilliana. I have been on the IP diet for a week and a half and have lost about 7 pounds. I can feel my clothes fitting better and I love to be getting results.
My husband is currently deployed and he will be back by April so i want to loose the weight by then. This is my motivation.

The bad part is that I have been having terrible cravings. It also doesn't help that my co workers tell me I shouldn't be on the diet because after it I am going to gain it all back I see everyone having their favorite meals and I have been kind of good up until now, but it is really tough. I have eaten some pistachios one night and also I had a sip of a cappuccino one other time. I am getting desperate because I can't spend more than 80 dollars a week plus the groceries, so I can't be buying a variety of IP foods, so I stuck to what I know I like.
Please help me. Does anybody know of anyone that gained all the weight back after this diet?
Clearly your co-workers speak from their own experience. If you follow the plan faithfully through Phase 4, which is to say you change your eating patterns and your attitude toward food, there is no reason why you will re-gain weight. Only the backsliders re-gain. If you get your head around the program you're sent for life. You could look at the early posts in the Life after thread, pick someone who you find interesting (like Novak) and read all her posts. You'll get a wonderful history of how the program (and your mind set) progress.

And when they're being officious or jealous, just smile at them. You have a secret.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:08 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Clearly your co-workers speak from their own experience. If you follow the plan faithfully through Phase 4, which is to say you change your eating patterns and your attitude toward food, there is no reason why you will re-gain weight. Only the backsliders re-gain. If you get your head around the program you're sent for life. You could look at the early posts in the Life after thread, pick someone who you find interesting (like Novak) and read all her posts. You'll get a wonderful history of how the program (and your mind set) progress.

And when they're being officious or jealous, just smile at them. You have a secret.
GREAT advice as always Linden.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:30 AM   #120  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
GREAT advice as always Linden.
Let me tell you, the feeling is mutual.
Closed Thread