Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 01:09 PM   #361  

Height: 5'10"

Smile

Hi everyone! I'm the newbie around here. This is day 2 for me and so far so good. It's great to read over everyone's experiences here with IP!

Just wanted to introduce myself! I look forward to "chatting" with ya'll more!
Old 08-05-2010, 01:18 PM   #362  

Soon to Be - Hang in there !! Destress if you can and hang in there ! YOU are worth it !

Carla - WOW ! Thanks for my dose of inspiration today !! You are rocking IP !!

Kelsey - You are so ready ! All the best on your interview !!

To everyone else - have a great day and hang in there !!
Old 08-05-2010, 01:27 PM   #363  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
the smaller you get-the less likely it is that you'll lose 3+ lbs a week.
This would seem to be the case.

Quote:
i truly believe those posters boasting 3-4 lb losses weekly are for people in the 200-300's.
This is not necessarily the case, as my own losses would indicate.

Just sayin'.... I wouldn't want people to think they won't lose 3-4 pounds a week if they are not starting at weights above 200 pounds. Or, conversely, that those weighing more will necessarily lose in larger increments. (Case in point, my brother-in-law.) A great deal depends upon how carefully you follow the protocol, with additional consideration for factors such as stress level and other things going on with your body (TOM, illness, etc.)

Last edited by Novak; 08-05-2010 at 04:51 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:50 PM   #364  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Okay, so I had a great new idea, tried it and it was delicious. Corn dogs!
So I took a turkey dog, rolled it in the crepe mix, and cooked it in some olive oil.

My coach is concerned this might be considered "frying" but since I used olive oil and crepe mix instead of butter and flour, I'm not sure. What do you guys think?
Old 08-05-2010, 01:53 PM   #365  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

CARLA WOOOOOOWWWWEEEEEEEE.....HOT MAMA!!!-Ok I wanna know how you all of you managed to keep your boobies? You dont need any fat burning dust pretty lady you look fantastic!!!!
Old 08-05-2010, 02:44 PM   #366  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
She and I have PM'd a few times, and she did stop by the Life After thread a couple weeks ago, but I've heard nothing lately. I still wish I hadn't accidentally thrown away ogdog's return address when she sent me her leek soup (and other stray IP packets)... I do worry about her. And Birman, of course. Guess I just gravitate toward the veg-heads!
She was one of the originals with Torchlaker and such an inspiration! I always loved how organized, detailed, and informative she was. Her posts were some of those that gave me the most information about the program last november/december!

Quote:
Originally Posted by damgi View Post
We are taking a 12 night Mediterranean cruise in late October. We will have been on IP for about 12 1/2 weeks when we leave. I am not counting on being at goal by then, but also don't want to be on Phase 1 while in Italy / France / Greece.

Would anyone recommend we try phasing through 2 and 3 as we get closer and be on phase 4 for the trip? What are the pros and cons of this? We already know we will go right back to phase 1 when we get back.

I would ask my coach, but as I have mentioned previously, I really don't have a lot of faith in her expertise.

Thanks!
Danielle
Probably the best answers are from people like Josh or Melissa P. who have done just as you are talking about.

I think you would be doing a good thing. Just my opinion though. If you properly phase off and then eat phase 4 on the trip, you should very easily slip back to phase 1 when you get home. Just plan it like that so you don't feel inclined to "stop" or "postpone" when you get back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyt1169 View Post
Good morning.

Everyone on this sight has been a huge inspiration to me. I have been lurking a lot, reading posts. I started on 7/28. I was really discouraged because I felt like my scale wasn't moving much. Last night I was so bummed, I almost had a glass of wine! But I didn't, and I weighed myself this morning and am down 4 pounds. ...
I did have a question: I have been having green tea with splenda in the morning. (I used to be a HUGE coffee drinker) I really enjoy it. Is this OK? I know you can have tea or coffee in the morning, but I really would love to have a cup at night as well. Also, how much oil per day would you say? I feel like maybe I am using too much on some days.

Thanks for any advice!
to the That is a fantastic NSV to share! It really does make that much of a difference some days! Regarding tea, if you brewed it and sweetened it yourself, drink it is what my coach said. Just no processed teas. Oil... that varies per person sometimes. It is compulsory to use 1-2 tsp per day. Oil will not take you from ketosis but it will add about 120 calories per tbsp to your day and that might slow you down a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ladybug View Post
Hello Everyone! I am now on day 3 of IP, and all I can say is wow, am I ever hungry!... I'm looking forward to meeting everyone here.
Allison
Nice to have you here. Yes, it will get easier. I hope today, day 4, goes much better for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post

I've been light headed 2 mornings now ( after I started having my shake).. so I had extra salt in a glass of water.. well I almost blacked out, had to have 2oz Orange juice and felt better.. This happened 2 days in a row now.. am going to cal my coach, but like Danielle said- they have very limited experience and advice.. Has it happened to anyone else???
Thanks!!!
Quote:
well I just called my coach she said to have a bar for breakfast ( it actually has some sugar in it) and will help with my blood sugar dropping so low in the morning..
I still have that from time to time. I was reading that some people have their blood sugar drop low overnight and rebound with a slightly higher morning level. There is also some sunrise effect that happens in our bodies which can be a little more pronounced for some. It is where the body in preparation of our waking up, begins to "turn on" some organ activity and it knows we are going to eat soon so, you get a tiny spike in the morning. YOu might want to add a restricted packet as a morning item instead of OJ. It should be enough sugar to get you over that bump. (Your coach seems to be doing the right thing for you based on a later post.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
So... I just finished with all my pre-op stuff for surgery next thursday. Doc does not want me on IP prior to surgery as he is concnerned about being in ketosis, really low calories and under anesthetic since I have a hard time with it anyway. He is also worried because it is such a long procedure. He is guesing bout 4 hours. (lets hope he is wrong) He has asked me to eat healthy this week and next and go back on IP after surgery. I will be happy when next week is over.
I bet you will be happy! Surgery is not a pleasant thing. I am sure you will enjoy feel much improved physically and going back on IP.

I have been wondering, will this surgery effect your ability to type and stay in contact with us? I hope not. We will miss you if you have to stay off.

I am wishing all the best for you and your surgery. You really deserve it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajen88 View Post
Caffeine will increase catecholamines (ie: adrenaline) in our blood. This will cause our liver to release stored glucose leading to an insulin spike. Caffeine can also lead to insulin resistance and adrenal gland burn out. It is important to note that these reactions are very individual. Some people will have a minor blip when drinking a cup of coffee whereas others will really trigger a big insulin spike.

If you are still losing weight while having your afternoon treat and your coach has no reservations, I say go for it.
Great information! Thanks for sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Meggie View Post
Wow--it DOES get easier.

Last week we ate out for my son's 21st birthday. I stuck to protocol but it was HARD--...It was tough, and I felt virtuous but very deprived.

Today I spent the day with a bunch of friends that included a long and languorous Italian lunch al fresco beside the river and a late stop to Starbucks for iced lattes. I found it so much easier. ...
No cravings. No feeling of deprivation. No having to take deep breaths and remind myself keep your eye on the prize keep your eye on the prize.

Sticking to this diet in the long run is going to be a lot easier than I feared.

So we are off to the State Fair on Saturday (the highlights of which are sugar powdered fried lattice thingies and hot dogs and cotton candy and ice cream) and then another dinner out at a famous local diner. Let's just hope this newfound equanimity holds!
You did GREAT!! For the fair, if you can do it, cut up some veggies or take some chilled cut chicken breast strips with you. If not, take a few packets and buy water. It will be harder to resist or stay on track when surrounded by the whole sensory experience (smells, sights, etc) of a fair. Often it is impossible to find any clean, fresh veg or salad at the fair stands and many meats are overly seasoned with salt or spices which contain MSG.
I am sure you will succeed with some planning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Got my hair cut today! I'm all ready. Outfit is done, hair is done, nails are done, shoes are done. Let's just get it over with already!
Good Luck today! You look beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxzy7 View Post
Hi everyone!
I'm new here!
I'm only in the start of week 2, but I'm SO HUNGRY much of the time. I don't have cravings, I'm just hungry! I did get some extra snacks in week 1 and had only one of them, lost 5 pounds in week one. I'm too afraid to add extra calories but I don't know if I can stand the hunger! I'm following everyting to a tee. When does the hunger go away?

Also...I decided to ride my bike yesterday evening. I didn't ride too fast, but had to go up a hill, and afterward I got a terrible headache. It was in the top of my head, like my brain was hurting. I also just did not feel well. I don't know if I like this feeling! The headache did not last, thankfully.

Does anyone know if we can have a product called True Lemon Lemonade? It has zero sugar and less than 1g of carbs, but after I had it, I had a terrible headache again.

I hope I can stick with this! I'll keep reading your posts for encouragement so thanks everyone!
The craving does go away but, if you are hungry, you may really be hungry. Part of this is adjusting to lower calories. Try adding the extra packets for this week too. It will help you adjust. Also, if you were a high carb eater before you may still be adjust to the lower carb values and, eating the extra packet will help more than hurt you. AND, if you are exercising, you really shouldn't during the first 2 weeks, you will need the added packet.

I have not heard of true lemonade. In reading their link, http://www.truelemon.com/products/true-lemonade.html , it seems that you get 5 calories per 1/2 packet serving and it should be counted as 1 carb ( even if it says less than 1 count 1 because labeling laws allow them to call anything .5 to .999g of carb as less than 1). I wouldn't use it, especially this early in the program because, it is a bit on the acid side if you use too much and it is sweetened with mostly evaporated cane juice and, then rebiana(stevia). It is your call or your coaches but, if it isn't an all zero drink, why would you want it. To me that is a waste of a good carb I might want to use for something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
NSV:
so I've been wearing the same pair of capris for my WI since week 1, to keep things consistent. When I started IP they were a clear muffin top with the button straining. I can now slide them all the way off without unbuttoning them. I think that means that my hips are now smaller than my waist was when I started??? (I'll check the numbers at my weigh in next week!)
That seems to be right! WOOO HOOO!! Nice work Rocky!

Quote:
confessed that i wanted to phase off to boss/coach today and she was VERY SUPPORTIVE, huge sigh of relief, the breakfast list for phase 3 is ridiculous, i'm not sure when i'll be able to sit down and eat that much.

one thing though..she told me that you only have to do phase 3 for 1 week, anyone else heard this???
So glad she gave you the support! I have heard it is at least 2 weeks for phase 3.

[QUOTE=mamaerinb;3421226

today, a few people at work were telling me "go ahead and just eat a little piece of pizza, it won't kill you". ... it smelled delicious and looked so good but i want to end this the right way, not blow it again and gain all this back.

maybe i should post this is life after phase 1...NO.....i don't wanna leave y'all!! [/QUOTE]

Great job! You have no will power issues, that is FOR SURE!

DON'T you dare leave this thread! This is not just a phase 1 thread, it is the general chat thread. We would miss you DESPERATELY if you leave. Stick around. Just like Novak and WannaBe or anyone else, moving on to phase 2/3/4 means you really are a walking inspiration to the others hear who read about you and we learn from your experiences.

Besides, selfishly, I would be lost without your enthusiasm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
K seriously I think I am addicted to this site... I was thinking... really do I have to make dinner, I get so far behind on the posts...... one addiction for another, emmmhhhhh , oh well at least this is good for me. ... I hope I havent missed anyone, have a great day / night everyone, fat burning dust being sent out to all of ya....
Ditto to the addiction! And, LMAO still about the fat dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
as for me: I realized tonight that I hate my booty the most, its nice and round when covered but lumpy when naked. Will be discussing this with mr killer trainer tomorrow or should I not? scared I get more wacky things to do. Oh almost forgot, since I have refused to buy any new clothing I have had to put some of my bras aside (too big cup size) BUT I had to use the second row of closure thingys today

still have ways to go though, I want it all hard, not skinnier but hard. Legs have developed well, I touch them and its like touching a brick...arms not bad...tummy and behind not well.
I am so happy for you about the bra thingys! The "hard body" will come with hard work. Your trainer will be sooo HAPPY to talk to you about how to get there!

Quote:
Wowee-wow-wow!!
(I love how we all get to see each other's bathrooms!)

Yep. Definitely need the before shot.
I know, bathrooms are really odd places! Thank you! I will post my before pictures at the end of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Carla! Kelsey!

Where's the dripping-green-with-envy smiley?

And wow!
Thanks! I agree, doesn't Kelsey look great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Meggie View Post
Carla you look phenomenal!!! But where's your before picture? For us newbies we need to know what you looked like at the beginning of your journey for comparison.

You are truly lovely.
Thank you! See the end of the post for my before shots

Quote:

Carla- I wish I could whistle.. woo hoo! You look awesome! Thanks for posting new pics and encouraging us all!!! again woo hoo!
Thank you! After you said you wished you could whistle, I looked and no real "whistle" smiley! I am surprised! The two closest to whistlers are these

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post

Carla, WOW! You look great!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcw32 View Post
You look FANTASTIC. Your skin has shrunk in harmony with your muscles and fat? How great is that?! IP has been a kick off to your fabulous forties!
Thank you. Yes, I found I stopped losing much weight and started dropping a large number of inches. I also noticed the cellulite disappeared and even the few stretch marks I had were disappearing. I was dropping a size much faster than before. I have only lost 19 pounds in the past 4 months but, I have gone from a 12 to an 8 because of how many inches I have dropped. I can only attribute that to the skin shrinking back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petclerk View Post
Carla.... WOW!! You are Gorgeous!! Yah, where's the before pic? I noticed that hardly anyone has a before pic posted.. that's really too bad.
I am so happy you are feeling better on day 4!

Thank you and yes, I will post my before shots. I have them up in the progress section but, it will make a difference here too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajen88 View Post
Wow Carla! You look fabulous. You look great all over but your face has changed so much I did not recognize you until I read your name! And it is so easy to see how good you are feeling. You have done an amazing job with this program. Way to go!!!
Thank you! I think the one face shot is a little bit of a camera trick. I was actually trying to get a shot over my shoulder at my booty, still too big by the way, and got my face instead. I hadn't seen it like that and decided to keep the pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicjul View Post
Looking AMAZING Carla !!!!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSheila View Post
OH MY GOODNESS CARLA!!!! I have not been on in a few weeks. You look like a completely different person. That is amazing. You are doing so awesome. Can you see in in the mirror yet or not so much?

I am not even about to get caught up on everything. A week and a half ago I almost quit IP thinking I could do something like Atkins That was a bad idea. It ended up being four days of cheating. It was bad. I was back in that office four days later confessing my cheats to my coach. She was so understanding. I gained four pounds I guess it could have been worse. Funny thing is this last week I had my biggest loss yet. I lost 9 lbs so maybe it shook things up a bit and I will see some good scale numbers......maybe
Thank you Sheila! Part of it may just be the camera in the face shot but I do see a difference in my body in these pictures. No, I don't see it in the mirror. I keep waiting. Every once in awhile I see a tiny glimpse but, nothing that holds for long.

I am so glad you didn't quit, and if you cheated, at least atkins kept you lower carb. Congrats on the 9 pound loss (5 of that was all you! and nothing to do with that 4 pound bump)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
Carla...amazing....if you didn't have all that boobage going on you'd be down another 10lbs....LOL.....that is coming from someone who has NONE!!! Nice that you could keep some of the figure when you lose.
Have a great day everyone.
LOL.. boobage! Thank you, Wyosun! I know! Just imagine how much I could lose if my booty would take a hike! I don't expect to lose much of either. My mom use to call me her "coke bottle girl" and "the only 4 year old she had ever seen with hips". I have pretty much always had the curves. I am very grateful to have them but, I don't enjoy how hard they make shopping for clothes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthia View Post
Carla, wow, you are so beautiful!!

Yesterday I went to the farmers market and got stocked up on yummy veg. ...
I AM still rushing home to eat dinner first though. I live close to work so it won't take that long, and I will make BAD decisions if I go hungry. I'll get some iced tea at the first one, then swing by the second with water. I'm going to be a tired mess tomorrow, but I'll survive, and not drink!
Thanks Xanthia! I just saw your new pictures and you are changing so much! Really brings our how beautiful your face is!

Great job with the farmers market, water at happy hour, and planning to eat before going. I am sure you will have a wonderful night full of NSVs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
Carla....wow, SPEECHLESS! I truly would not recognize you!!!! WOW
Thanks, Elizabeth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
CARLA... Holy cow you look AMAZING!!! Look at that tiny waist!
Thank you! We aren't sure where that came from none of my sisters, mom, or grandmother has my shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
CARLA: you look fantastic! Honestly not sure where the other 10 pounds is supposed to come off? Everything looks tight and nice. I love it. Thank you for posting these
Maybe I should take a picture of my rear! LOL.. I have plenty left to give in my butt, thighs, calves. I lost all upper body, lower thighs, and upper hips first. I am hoping to lose another 30 btw... not 10. the 150 was just a place to get to and reevaluate my original goal. I am not dead set on the 30. But, at 150, I will be making a decision of "how low do I go?" I just want to be healthy. If that is a size 8, 6, or 2 fine.. But, I want to be a healthy weight and body fat when I stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenic View Post
Carla - I agree with the others who said they didn't recognize you. You look amazing!

So I'm giving blood today at 2. I REALLY hope they don't make me eat or drink anything crazy (ok, I should really say CARBY) afterwards cuz my weigh in is not until 4:30.
Thanks Nic. and Thanks for the nice facebook comment! Take a restricted with you. have a little bit of it instead of a carby cookie. I do think you will need something because we have less blood sugar to begin with than someone else who gives blood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Love the new pics! You're looking fantastic. Wish I were computer savvy. I need to buy a camera.
Thank you! do you have a friend with a camera. Ask if they can take a picture and email it to you. Then you can post it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle12 View Post
Carla-You look great and are such an inspiration.
Thank you for saying so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
Well, had my WI this morning. Didn't lose an ounce....or an inch.

I cried the entire way home from the clinic. It seems as though my body has had enough of this. I didn't cheat at all this week but have been extremely stressed with wedding planning. (Like stressed to the point of crying at the drop of a hat).

I guess my "poster child 3lbs-a-week" streak had to end sometime.
Awww. So sorry! Don't feel badly. It could drop tomorrow. Remember Jlewis said he drops every 5 days or so. Maybe it will just happen a little late. Everything will be fine and next week you will drop. Try to focus this week on eating well and managing stress. Don't worry about numbers this week. Hard, I know. But, the stress will kill the numbers. Just follow the plan, manage the stress, enjoy the wedding planning and the weight will follow.

Quote:
CARLA YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!
Thanks Erin! You inspired me with your ever changing shape. I hope I can look as cute as you one day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristiv88 View Post
Hi everyone! I'm the newbie around here. This is day 2 for me and so far so good. It's great to read over everyone's experiences here with IP!

Just wanted to introduce myself! I look forward to "chatting" with ya'll more!
we are so happy to have you join the conversations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Jayne View Post

Carla - WOW ! Thanks for my dose of inspiration today !! You are rocking IP !!
Thanks and you're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
So I took a turkey dog, rolled it in the crepe mix, and cooked it in some olive oil.

My coach is concerned this might be considered "frying" but since I used olive oil and crepe mix instead of butter and flour, I'm not sure. What do you guys think?
I think frying has to do with the temperature the oil achieves. Jordanna wrote about this in a post back in may or june. I will try to look for it. Could you do this and bake it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
CARLA WOOOOOOWWWWEEEEEEEE.....HOT MAMA!!!-Ok I wanna know how you all of you managed to keep your boobies? You dont need any fat burning dust pretty lady you look fantastic!!!!
Thanks! How? I don't know. I went from a 38dd to a 34ddd. I actually could be more like a 32 something now ( I wear the bras on the tightest hook possible and they are a touch loose) but, I am not ready for new bra shopping. I was always busty. At age 13 I was a 32dd. I kind of don't remember not having them so I never expected them to go away.

OK, HERE are the before images of me at the start and 4 months in:

And here is at 8months size 8:

I will try to take a picture in the original capris. But, someone else has to help me. I can't hold them up and run the camera! I can nearly get my body in just the 1 side!

Last edited by showgirlaz; 08-05-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:50 PM   #367  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

Depends on how you cooked them. If you just used only your 1-2 teaspoons for your serving and sauteed them rather than frying, I think that would be OK.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:01 PM   #368  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I think the one face shot is a little bit of a camera trick. I was actually trying to get a shot over my shoulder at my booty, still too big by the way, and got my face instead.
Still trying to picture how you were trying to photograph your butt and ended up with a picture of your face.

Hey, thanks for putting together the before and after montage. Seeing them side by side is stunning, isn't it? Really terrific, Carla. I'm so happy for you.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:06 PM   #369  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

now if you could only make a IP friendly "full bodied" bottle of Zin
Old 08-05-2010, 03:30 PM   #370  
Nichole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
Well, had my WI this morning. Didn't lose an ounce....or an inch.

I cried the entire way home from the clinic. It seems as though my body has had enough of this. I didn't cheat at all this week but have been extremely stressed with wedding planning. (Like stressed to the point of crying at the drop of a hat).

I guess my "poster child 3lbs-a-week" streak had to end sometime.
Awww, I'm so sorry to hear this! I agree with others that it sounds like stress is the culprit. I bet you have an awesome loss next week that will make up for it. I still consider you a poster child for success and consistency.

p.s. I kept checking for your weigh-in post yesterday and this morning. Gotta look out for my ATX chicks!

Carla - thanks for the advice! As it turns out my iron was too low for me to donate. They also took my blood pressure and temperature 3x. It was interesting to see that all 3 ways my blood pressure was low (but still fine) and that on 2 thermometers my temperature was over a degree lower than normal. They did it 3x because they were testing out new equipment. My temp was almost normal on the last thermometer they tried.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:34 PM   #371  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Still trying to picture how you were trying to photograph your butt and ended up with a picture of your face.

Hey, thanks for putting together the before and after montage. Seeing them side by side is stunning, isn't it? Really terrific, Carla. I'm so happy for you.
yes, it is really surprising. The smaller I get the changes are a bit more subtle. I notice a change in the arms now, the face I see a bit of change, a bit less square/round, and the flatness of my tummy is more obvious.

Ok, the booty shot explanation. I was holding the camera near my face, shooting over my shoulder to get a "rear view" shot in the mirror. I must have shook a little or repositioned my hand because, I only got a bit of the booty and a lot of the face. I cropped the photo just to show the face.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:49 PM   #372  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Ok, the booty shot explanation. I was holding the camera near my face, shooting over my shoulder to get a "rear view" shot in the mirror. I must have shook a little or repositioned my hand because, I only got a bit of the booty and a lot of the face. I cropped the photo just to show the face.
AHA! The cropping step was lost on me the first time. I was struggling to get from, "I think I'll take a picture of my booty," to "Wait a minute! That's not my butt, it's my face! How'd that happen?"

(If the booty shot had turned out, you weren't planning to use it as your avatar, were you?)
Old 08-05-2010, 05:28 PM   #373  

Quote:
AHA! The cropping step was lost on me the first time. I was struggling to get from, "I think I'll take a picture of my booty," to "Wait a minute! That's not my butt, it's my face! How'd that happen?"

(If the booty shot had turned out, you weren't planning to use it as your avatar, were you?)
Too funny, Novak... thanks for a good laugh!..

Carla!.. way to go, girl... your pics are fabulous...

hugs
Old 08-05-2010, 06:20 PM   #374  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Carla,
I could not figure out how to pull your comment out of your post so the answer to your question is that no my surgery should not affect my typing however I will be out of it for a day or so. I may only be ready not sure how much posting I will do, it depends on how I feel. Thanks
BTW I cannot get over how amazing you look. Way to go!!!
Old 08-05-2010, 06:46 PM   #375  

Height: 5'8"

workout #2 today, i kicked that workouts butt and even did some extra(with my 4 year old chugging along again). i ralized after i got out of the shower that i'm starting to get definition in my tummy and i am thrilled. i've never had anything but rolls. check it out! first pic is april 21st, second is today. and after my workout i was 163.2..so close to 162!!

and to clarify: the "posters" i was talking about, novak, are the ones hanging in my office and ip clinics, not the posters in this forum. i think pita and i are great representations of sometimes 3-4 lbs a week is just not realistic after the first two months. i am trying to support soon2be since she's having a hard day. we are all very proud that you lost 3-4 lbs a week.

Last edited by mamaerinb; 08-05-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Closed Thread