Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 08:07 AM   #331  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
yes I have been having an extra 1/2 bar in the morning when I rise, with glass of water, so it does help BUT I noticed I am out of ketosis 4 days now- what??? My K strips show negative in the morning.. has anyone gone out and back in Ketosis without cheating???? I am going on week #4 weigh in monday and want to good drop!!! ( nothing yet)
If you haven't gone off the plan and you haven't been exercising unrealistically, you're probably in ketosis. Remember this in the article you posted?
Some low carbers NEVER show above trace or negative even ... yet they burn fat and lose weight just fine. If you're losing weight, and your clothes are getting looser, you're feeling well and not hungry all the time .. then you are successfully in ketosis. Don't get hung up on the strips; they're just a guide, nothing more.
Just as the scale is a gage that yields one metric, weight, so is the ketone strip -- a gage that indicates the presence of ketones. There are many ways to measure your progress and results -- inches, energy, sleep needed, lipid levels, blood sugar levels, not getting the low blood sugar shakes (my favorite ), being able to resist all the stuff you used to eat without the "white-knuckle-willpower." Chin up -- you coastal, crafty, chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
So, this is what I look like at 162.0 (again) and these are the new pics. I am mostly happy with my arms. Given that I have lost 6 inches from the upper arms, I am pretty content to not have sag. I can still see lots of room for improvement, but I will take what I have and be proud given that I am 41!
You look FANTASTIC. Your skin has shrunk in harmony with your muscles and fat? How great is that?! IP has been a kick off to your fabulous forties!

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 08-05-2010 at 08:13 AM.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:17 AM   #332  
Started IP August 1, 2010

S/C/G: 290/246/120

Height: 5'3"

Kelsey you look Great!! Good luck!
Carla.... WOW!! You are Gorgeous!! Yah, where's the before pic? I noticed that hardly anyone has a before pic posted.. that's really too bad.

Day 4 for me and I'm finally feeling good... what a relief!

Keep up the good work everyone!! You're a GREAT Bunch!!
Old 08-05-2010, 08:22 AM   #333  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Oh. I just found this Great article on Ketosis .. a MUST read for all...

http://www.lowcarb.ca/tips/tips011.html
Thanks Coastalcrafter. Great information. I may try the caffeine suggestion next time I am completely stalled although I really enjoy my morning cup of tea. Having it right now!

Melissa -- Today is YOUR day. Sending all good things your way. And if this isn't the right opportunity, I know there will be others for you. It's all about the confidence and your pic radiates it. Love the new hair cut, by the way.

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 08-05-2010 at 08:22 AM.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:24 AM   #334  

S/C/G: 173/164/144

Height: 5'2

Quote:
So, this is what I look like at 162.0 (again) and these are the new pics. I am mostly happy with my arms. Given that I have lost 6 inches from the upper arms, I am pretty content to not have sag. I can still see lots of room for improvement, but I will take what I have and be proud given that I am 41!
Wow Carla! You look fabulous. You look great all over but your face has changed so much I did not recognize you until I read your name! And it is so easy to see how good you are feeling. You have done an amazing job with this program. Way to go!!!
Old 08-05-2010, 08:35 AM   #335  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

I wish everyone a wonderful day!
I seem to be stuck and not losing for about a week now. I was not able to go to my weekly WI. I am scheduled for next Tuesday. I hope things improve between now and then. I have noticed that I am hungry mid morning and late afternoon. I have tried salads and sometimes an extra IP product. That is probably what the hold up is. I think I am going to by some ketone sticks today.
Smiles,
Tina Lou
Old 08-05-2010, 08:45 AM   #336  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Got my hair cut today! I'm all ready. Outfit is done, hair is done, nails are done, shoes are done. Let's just get it over with already!
Love the new picture and you hair looks AMAZING. Good LUCK !!!
Old 08-05-2010, 08:47 AM   #337  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Looking AMAZING Carla !!!!!
Old 08-05-2010, 09:36 AM   #338  

S/C/G: 253.6/235.6/135

Height: 5'4"

OH MY GOODNESS CARLA!!!! I have not been on in a few weeks. You look like a completely different person. That is amazing. You are doing so awesome. Can you see in in the mirror yet or not so much?

I am not even about to get caught up on everything. A week and a half ago I almost quit IP thinking I could do something like Atkins That was a bad idea. It ended up being four days of cheating. It was bad. I was back in that office four days later confessing my cheats to my coach. She was so understanding. I gained four pounds I guess it could have been worse. Funny thing is this last week I had my biggest loss yet. I lost 9 lbs so maybe it shook things up a bit and I will see some good scale numbers......maybe

It is good to be back. I missed you all
Old 08-05-2010, 09:45 AM   #339  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSheila View Post
OH MY GOODNESS CARLA!!!! I have not been on in a few weeks. You look like a completely different person. That is amazing. You are doing so awesome. Can you see in in the mirror yet or not so much?

I am not even about to get caught up on everything. A week and a half ago I almost quit IP thinking I could do something like Atkins That was a bad idea. It ended up being four days of cheating. It was bad. I was back in that office four days later confessing my cheats to my coach. She was so understanding. I gained four pounds I guess it could have been worse. Funny thing is this last week I had my biggest loss yet. I lost 9 lbs so maybe it shook things up a bit and I will see some good scale numbers......maybe

It is good to be back. I missed you all
Wow, Sheila! You look fantastic!
Old 08-05-2010, 09:47 AM   #340  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Love the hair, Kelsey.
Carla...amazing....if you didn't have all that boobage going on you'd be down another 10lbs....LOL.....that is coming from someone who has NONE!!! Nice that you could keep some of the figure when you lose.
Have a great day everyone.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:49 AM   #341  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Carla, wow, you are so beautiful!!

Yesterday I went to the farmers market and got stocked up on yummy veg. Today I was scheduled for a happy hour for a friends birthday so I was all planned out. I know the bartender and they let me bring my huge water bottle in with no problems (they don't sell bottled water, wtf?). Now, I just got a last minute email that I have ANOTHER happy hour to attend WAY across town from the other one for a friends going away party. She's moving suddenly to Seattle (as in, on the 10th) and I won't get to see her if I don't go. So lots of driving tonight.

I AM still rushing home to eat dinner first though. I live close to work so it won't take that long, and I will make BAD decisions if I go hungry. I'll get some iced tea at the first one, then swing by the second with water. I'm going to be a tired mess tomorrow, but I'll survive, and not drink!
Old 08-05-2010, 10:09 AM   #342  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Carla....wow, SPEECHLESS! I truly would not recognize you!!!! WOW

Kelsey...love the new shoes but even more your hair!!!! EXCELLENT!

Erin... you have done AMAZINGLY too! Great looking bikini shot ;-)
Old 08-05-2010, 10:18 AM   #343  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

I had my weigh in yesterday and lost 5 pounds and several inches! I also gained a boot cast from another doctor for the stress fracture I've been living with for 6 weeks. I have slight concerns that IP might slow down the healing of the fracture, but I'm just going to have to cope because I'm not quitting.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:36 AM   #344  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

CARLA... Holy cow you look AMAZING!!! Look at that tiny waist!
ERIN...Hot girl in a bikini!
Melissa... Love the hair cut good luck on interview, you will be a rockstar!

Thanks everyone else on the well wishes for next week. I have not phased out again, i have just basically started adding a few carbs here and there. I don't want to go overboard so I am just sort of doing a cross between phase 2 & 3. SCARY.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:41 AM   #345  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by lldutton View Post
I have a friend in Billings that is interested in IP. Would you recommend the place where you go? If so, can you please tell me who you go to and I will let her know. Thanks!
LLDUTTON:

I went to the chiropractic health clinic on the west end. There is only two clinics here in town that do IP. I loved my clinic. I had completed and phased out of the program I think in April since I was going to be gone on so may trips during the summer. I went back on IP middle of June on my own. I still check in at the clinic to let them know how I am doing and to get a few product here and there. I would recomend either to your friend. They are really helpfull and I know both coaches.
Closed Thread