Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 01:35 PM   #211  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
You only need to make up your mind that you are in control, and get the job done. Don't worry about hitting certain numbers or milestones. Don't stress if you gain a little or plateau. If you slip, get right back on course. Over the long haul, it will happen. No kidding.
Novak, I want to be the (n+1)th person to acknowledge your wisdom, generosity and contribution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petclerk View Post
Six months is INCREDIBLE!!! Wow! I'm so looking forward to getting my life back within the next year.... so exciting
I'm so happy for you that you were able to do this while you're still young and not look back at all the years you've lost due to being overweight. I thought my life was kinda over because I couldn't get rid of the fat... but now I've got new hope!!
Soooo glad you gave yourself a longer time frame to lose 100 lbs of fat than an 18-19 year old man! Ain't nobody but another 18 yr old guy who could match his rate of weight loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
I'm glad to share anything that works for me!! ( Now I wish I could hold it with my feet, legs bent open to the sides while sitting and shake away my thighs!!!!)
Now there's a picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthia View Post
Yay, I had a whoosh! -3.6 after that horrible gain. I don't get the Foreman this week, but is is a guarantee that I will next week if I stay strict
You must be relieved and elated! George is coming and he's going to knock out the fat!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
up to 166 this morning. i'm tired of this, always up, down, up, down, back up. i have not been cheating, i'm almost done with TOM..i'm confused, exhausted from almost 4 months of ip and barely any change in the last month..

any suggestions? i feel like my body is fighting back on this weight loss, how can i be eating 700-900 calories a day for months and months and only have lost 29 lbs. i know 29 lbs is great, i've gone down from a VERY tight womens 10 to a comfy 6, i feel great. but can a body just say "STOP" and not work with you on losing weight anymore?

up the salt, oils, packets, what?? please help someone whose been here longer than me and who has had the same issues. i feel like i'm throwing money away every week, but i feel safe with ip products too. it's weird. and i'm just not sure what to do.
Awwww Erin. You sound so frustrated. What I hear when I read your posts is exactly what you wrote above -- "it feels like your body is fighting back." I hope you get some answers that will work for you.

My plan, for what it's worth, is to give my best to following IP for 3-4 months. Then I will transition off properly through phases II and III. Once I've got a couple of weeks of maintenance behind me, I'll be doing high-intensity interval training (HIIT) and body-weight full-motion strength training (pushups, pull-ups, lunges, squats, etc.) to build lean body mass and burn body fat. My weight may not drop as dramatically as IP; the inches lost will probably be similar.

The combination of HIIT, strength training, and a diet of sufficient protein and controlled lowish carbohydrates (<50 g/day) have produced really good results for some friends of mine. If you want some books / websites on this type of program, PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
W-I today, #5: down 2 lbs, down 1 inch in my waist
Down 1.5% body fat!! accredited to all that working out I did!!Woo!!
Great work on the working out! indeed.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:49 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

Thanks Showgirlaz! Those recipes will sure help all the lettuce go down!
Old 08-03-2010, 01:56 PM   #213  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
Thanks Showgirlaz! Those recipes will sure help all the lettuce go down!
I guess I better get busy posting! I haven't added all my recipes to that thread yet!
Old 08-03-2010, 02:10 PM   #214  

Height: 5'8"

*phew*, just hearing everyone's thoughts really has lifted a weight off my shoulders and made me consider just phasing out and starting a good workout regimen. i've always enjoyed working out and actually just purchased a jillian micheals dvd at the grocery store before i came home and read everyone's suggestions to exercise. i still have 10 lbs to go till i am where i want to be, seems like ellie has done VERY well since starting to workout regularly, she's in phase 3 and still dropping lbs weekly(AND she gets toast in the morning!!)

i'm so wishy-washy about all of this, i'm sure none have noticed one second i want to buck up and get to 155 before phasing out and then another second i feel so stressed about a number on the scale that i feel like crying with frustration and just quitting.

i am going to put my kiddos down for their nap and think long and hard about what is going to be the best for myself physically and most of all emotionally. weight loss(as carla mentioned in a post earlier today) is such an emotional roller coaster, i realize that many look at me and say "this chick is crazy, she's where i want to be and complaining" i have been overweight my whole life and just feel this guilt that if i phase off-i'll be giving up. again.

Last edited by mamaerinb; 08-03-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:25 PM   #215  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
*phew*, just hearing everyone's thoughts really has lifted a weight off my shoulders and made me consider just phasing out and starting a good workout regimen. i've always enjoyed working out and actually just purchased a jillian micheals dvd at the grocery store before i came home and read everyone's suggestions to exercise. i still have 10 lbs to go till i am where i want to be, seems like ellie has done VERY well since starting to workout regularly, she's in phase 3 and still dropping lbs weekly(AND she gets toast in the morning!!)

i'm so wishy-washy about all of this, i'm sure none have noticed one second i want to buck up and get to 155 before phasing out and then another second i feel so stressed about a number on the scale that i feel like crying with frustration and just quitting.

i am going to put my kiddos down for their nap and think long and hard about what is going to be the best for myself physically and most of all emotionally. weight loss(as carla mentioned in a post earlier today) is such an emotional roller coaster, i realize that many look at me and say "this chick is crazy, she's where i want to be and complaining" i have been overweight my whole life and just feel this guilt that if i phase off-i'll be giving up. again.
Its OK blaim LCB thats what I do, hee heee, your not a quitter.... just phase out .....come on over its fun on phase 2 and 3, ya know ya wannnnnnna... ohhh I have also been overweight my whole life I also had a number in mind and stressed about getting there, you are not alone even phasing out is not quiting your just moving along to the next step, I know it is hard to leave that comfort zone (and the packets are really easy) but you can do it!!!! I didnt think I could and ....I did well I am
Old 08-03-2010, 03:03 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

been very busy today with work and so far have put down a few flames. BUT here is my input:

you are making yourself nuts by going back forth is #1. #2 something is up by gaining 3 pounds over night, todays weight was measured on your own digital scale, right?? go and try it out an old fashioned scale please. Digital ones suck badly. don't you find it interesting that its not one or 2 but always 3?. #3- yes I really advocate working out. because now I am not worried about the "diet" part as much because I am not consumed by what I ate (although I don't eat anything bad) and I am more focused on how much stronger I am getting. You know what, the control is in my hands now fully with working out. After I get to phase 4 if I ever have a "cheat" day, the next day or 2 I will be pounding hard in that gym and its going to be easier to do so because I started it now and have my routine set.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:04 PM   #217  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicjul View Post
Kelsey not sure if I am to late to vote on the shoes they both look great and so do you. I like the strappy ones better !!
Your granddaughter is gorgeous you look too young to be a grandmother !!

First day back at work after being off for two weeks !! It is going to be a LONG day !!
I bought ANOTHER PAIR! LOL, square/pointed toe sling backs! They are by Liz Claiborne, they are called Abeline or Adeline I think. I can't find them on the net to show you all. They're a slight textured shoe, not like snake skin, but kind of... the texture is in straight rows. Hard to explain. Will take picture tonight. Bought them at DSW, and they're not even on their site!
Old 08-03-2010, 03:17 PM   #218  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
I bought ANOTHER PAIR! LOL, square/pointed toe sling backs! They are by Liz Claiborne, they are called Abeline or Adeline I think. I can't find them on the net to show you all. They're a slight textured shoe, not like snake skin, but kind of... the texture is in straight rows. Hard to explain. Will take picture tonight. Bought them at DSW, and they're not even on their site!
OHHH a girl after my own heart, I am a shoe whore, I can never make up my mind so I buy them all...... I think it was because my shoe size never really changed except when I quit smoking... weird I know, I could always buy shoe and purses no matter how much weight I gained or lost... dont even get me going.... I am not a girlie girl but I have chased people thru the mall to ask where they got there handbags... well chased maynot be the right term as I was 50-70 pounds overweight for most of the time, so maybe toddled after would be more suitable.... I got my picture in Vegas with the most beautiful pair of Jimmy Choo's, makes me teary eyed just thinking about it.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:20 PM   #219  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:

Aww, sweetie! No one is thinking your crazy. And you shouldn't feel guilty about phasing off.

Remember, when you sign up they say this is "your last diet". They don't say this is the diet you will be on forever. Also, they say this "has a beginning, middle and, an end." It is GOOD for you to reach a point where you are ready to go to the middle. You will one day have to end this. You can't be afraid to gain the weight back.

Just like when we begin the diet and are fearful about what if I don't lose, I think we reach a point where we have to begin the process to assure ourselves we won't gain it back. You will learn the rest of the tools in phase 3 and 4 but, look at all the successful result from the people here. Check out CW's profile pic.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sear...archid=3755493
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/memb...ins-wifey.html

She just posted it recently and looks even tinier than when she phased off. (Great job CW if you are reading!) Also, see how well Josh did. He lost it and kept it off on a vacation and is ready to go at it again. You have that option if you want it. Look at Novak and WannaBe! They are truly successful at maintaining. And, Ellie, she just keeps on losing. I HAVE 100% faith in you keeping this off AND losing more!

You are not a quitter! You are a success story here and anywhere! You may just be ready to "put on your big girl pants!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post

OOOO!! I like the sound of these! MUST ... SEE.... PICTURE!

Last edited by showgirlaz; 08-03-2010 at 03:22 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:30 PM   #220  
Sandra

S/C/G: 210/168/145

Height: 5'7"

Well the whole wedding week is over and try as not I did eat food that is not on the diet list and had several glasses of wine and drinks. Now I'm dealing with the left overs- from the rehearsal dinner and wedding cakes. But after all that I did not gain any weight and am still right where I was one week ago! How do I spell relief! Of course I did do lots of running around, dancing etc.

And what a great surprise today- got my signature space!!!

Last edited by CheeseCake4me; 08-03-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:51 PM   #221  

S/C/G: 173/164/144

Height: 5'2

I am back to phase 1 as of today. I was in phase 4 for the last few weeks while I was vacationing and managed to keep the damage at a reasonable level (3lbs which includes water, food still in the system and TOM). I am ready to jump back in and move towards my goal but I will be missing my big breakfasts

Just wanted to let people know that going through the phases really makes maintenance easy. Gotta love IP

I was catching up with all the postings and I've been completely amazed at everyone's progress. Lots of people have made it out of phase 1. Very inspirational. Keep up the good work!!
Old 08-03-2010, 03:59 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post

It's ok. Be patient. This is normal at 4 months for some. ALSO, you are very close to your goal. Remember what you wrote a few days ago? You said

You have lost a large amount of fat quickly. Your body could be adjusting and shrinking. I did. I slowed down. Some ups and downs and many .8 or .9 losses happened but, my skin tightened and my inches were dropping too.

NOW, keep in mind you are nearing your smallest post teenage weight. You are just about 5 pounds more than you were BEFORE having used metabolife and well before having 2 little kiddos. Your body may be objecting or trying to find what is your ideal weight. Believe it or not, we do have a range of weight that we settle into very nicely and our body likes to be there. It is a healthy place.

I say, let up on yourself. Don't stress. Maybe even don't be as restrictive. That added stress isn't any help. If you keep doing the phase 1 program it will come off. Just remember you are trying to get your body to a point you didn't even have as a 16 /17 year old. It will be a bit more of a challenge.

That said, maybe this signing up at the YMCA is a good thing. A little exercise might just be the variation your body needs to give that extra push!

I know this is a challenging week. Don't forget to get plenty of sleep and have extra water. You will need it if you are trying to flush away the fat!

PS: I have read that some people adapt to ketogenic diets around 4 months. Their bodies actually are no longer shocked by the ketosis and they become very efficient and normal at using ketones for energy and regulate there body processes and blood sugar quite like they did before. They can create a large amount of glucose/glycogen from foods entirely without carbohydrates and maintain blood sugars at about 100 which is normal. When that happens they get a reverse whoosh as the body once again puts on the glycogen and glucagon stores it knows it would normally need.

See, gluconeogenesis regulates ketosis. It prevents us from becoming toxic with ketones and keeps the normal homeostasis of our body but does it with little to no carbs. It does it using enzymes and amino acids and, elements obtained from protein and fat. If you are truly healthy your body will do this very effectively. Unfortunately, it makes things go a bit more slowly because you carry the added fluids. ALSO, when this happens, you get back about 400g of glycogen in the muscle tissues. That glycogen can not be dropped by fasting. It can only be accessed by the muscles for energy and that means working out. The other 150 g of glycogen that we are able to store in our liver is accessible when we have no carbs or are fasting for more than 12 hours. It is released and replaced. For each gram of glycogen your body stores 4g of water. So, start adding things up and you can see where a quick gain or loss can happen.
hope this is not a stupid question, although I believe there are only stupid poeple and no stupid questions

would this mean that maybe my body has already gotten the glycogen build up done and maybe why I am not gaining weight being in phase 3? BUT I had very very slow losses towards the end of phase 1??? including weeks with no loss. basically maybe my glycogen built up was done towards the end of phase 1?
Old 08-03-2010, 04:13 PM   #223  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Well, today has been a bummer. I was supposed to take our grandson and 2 grand nephews to the water park. It started storming about 9 am and has been nasty ever since. The temp is now 58 degrees, so doubt we will get there today. They are very disappointed. We almost never have these stormy days. I know, it is probably 100 where all of you guys are. This is Wyoming for you. So, I am babysitting(basically). I was all excited about wearing a swimsuit for the first time this summer. I think I would have actually enjoyed going to the waterpark. Hopefully tomorrow.
Oh Kelsey, I love shoes!!! I am sure I have at least 20 pairs of sandals. I don't dress up much anymore, so got rid of most of the dress shoes. Kept your basic black and blue pumps. Can't wait to see the pic!!!
Erin....don't stress.....and stop weighing yourself everyday!!! That coming from someone who weighs everyday..LOL It really isn't a good idea, but I just can't stay off that scale in the morning. But, you can't let it make you nuts!!!
Old 08-03-2010, 05:39 PM   #224  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post

It's ok. Be patient. This is normal at 4 months for some. ALSO, you are very close to your goal. Remember what you wrote a few days ago? You said

You have lost a large amount of fat quickly. Your body could be adjusting and shrinking. I did. I slowed down. Some ups and downs and many .8 or .9 losses happened but, my skin tightened and my inches were dropping too.

NOW, keep in mind you are nearing your smallest post teenage weight. You are just about 5 pounds more than you were BEFORE having used metabolife and well before having 2 little kiddos. Your body may be objecting or trying to find what is your ideal weight. Believe it or not, we do have a range of weight that we settle into very nicely and our body likes to be there. It is a healthy place.

I say, let up on yourself. Don't stress. Maybe even don't be as restrictive. That added stress isn't any help. If you keep doing the phase 1 program it will come off. Just remember you are trying to get your body to a point you didn't even have as a 16 /17 year old. It will be a bit more of a challenge.

That said, maybe this signing up at the YMCA is a good thing. A little exercise might just be the variation your body needs to give that extra push!

I know this is a challenging week. Don't forget to get plenty of sleep and have extra water. You will need it if you are trying to flush away the fat!

PS: I have read that some people adapt to ketogenic diets around 4 months. Their bodies actually are no longer shocked by the ketosis and they become very efficient and normal at using ketones for energy and regulate there body processes and blood sugar quite like they did before. They can create a large amount of glucose/glycogen from foods entirely without carbohydrates and maintain blood sugars at about 100 which is normal. When that happens they get a reverse whoosh as the body once again puts on the glycogen and glucagon stores it knows it would normally need.

See, gluconeogenesis regulates ketosis. It prevents us from becoming toxic with ketones and keeps the normal homeostasis of our body but does it with little to no carbs. It does it using enzymes and amino acids and, elements obtained from protein and fat. If you are truly healthy your body will do this very effectively. Unfortunately, it makes things go a bit more slowly because you carry the added fluids. ALSO, when this happens, you get back about 400g of glycogen in the muscle tissues. That glycogen can not be dropped by fasting. It can only be accessed by the muscles for energy and that means working out. The other 150 g of glycogen that we are able to store in our liver is accessible when we have no carbs or are fasting for more than 12 hours. It is released and replaced. For each gram of glycogen your body stores 4g of water. So, start adding things up and you can see where a quick gain or loss can happen.
I know I'm not Erin, but this is brilliantly helpful.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:53 PM   #225  
Suzie

S/C/G: 148/137/120

THANK YOU GOD! I'm so happy it's not just me! Frustrated, obsessing, vascilating between being a diet saint and wanting to stuff a piece of that homemade banana cream pie in my face when no one is looking... you all keep me sane. So thanks to all of you, too!

Kelsey - pointy toe sling backs - lengthens the legs!! Slimmer effect! (however, don't go too sexy for an interview professional is always the preferred option.) good luck!
Closed Thread