Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 10:15 AM   #166  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chjsmom View Post
I looked on iTunes and I found one that I can use my own playlists. It was only $2.99. I thought that was a good deal.

--------------MOD merge --------------

It's called Couch to 5k. It's compatible with iPhone and iPod touch. The icon is 5k with brown background ( I hope that makes sense.). The seller is Felt Tip INC.
Oh ya - I saw those, sadly I don't have an iPod touch...my contract on my cell phone comes due this summer and I'm going to get an iPhone so it seemed silly to upgrade to an iPod touch before hand...bummer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
This is an unofficial weight, but just had to share!!! For the first time a a few years today I saw the 180s on the scale, 189.2 to be exact!!! Some of you know I've been struggling with the 190s, as i've been in them since APRIL!!! But NO MORE! I did it. I could cry I'm so happy, but of course I don't have time, I have to get ready for work I should be leaving in 3 minutes!

Have an IDEAL day today everyone. Hang in there if you're struggling.
Hooray Kelsey - I'm so glad you saw the 180's this morning!! That's so exciting Very very happy for you, sometimes it's a struggle to get there but so worth it when you finally see that #.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassykimann View Post
Morning ladies!

Some great NSVs and some great WIs..be proud of yourselves!

My scale hasnt moved in 3 days but I think its due to TOM rearing its ugly head this morning

As for the ketosis and excercise issue. I work every morning from 530-7am I do a 4 times 15 rep cycles of arms, shoulders and back and a spinning class or body pump and then at night i run atleast 5km a night except for one night where I do yoga to give me body a break. So in all I work out more then 2 hours a day, tht is why my coach says Im kicking myself out of ketosis. I dont have a choice not to excercise as i have a wedding dress to look smokin hot in and I am petrified of loose skin. I am adding in an extra shake in the morning and an extra ounce of chicken at night. My coach says I may actually still be in ketosis but not registering on the sticks but I think Im out.

If the yoyo ketosis keeps on we are moving me to phase 2 and Ill adjust to the slower weight loss but still be able to workout out hard like i am..

Have a great day ladies!
Wow Sassy, that is awesome that you are changing your life so much!! It is scary that you might be going in and out of ketosis all the time, that's not good for your body. I hope you find a good balance soon and keep us posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey41 View Post
Just had to share, I had my first official weigh-in - 6.6 lbs gone forever! I'm so happy this morning!

Stacey
Congratulations Stacey - first weigh ins are the best, you finally get through that first week and the reward is so great it makes you pumped up for the next week!! I still get excited for weigh ins and I've been doing this for ages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
Today is my WI. Really nervous about be I weighted this morning, and I was still at 165.. So I'm afraid WI at night (usually it's at noon), dressed... I'm afraid I'll have gain some weight

I know I'm doing correctly, and I'm in ketosis, having 1-2 restricted a week, couting carbs and cal, and did'nt cheated, but.. It's not funny when the scale don't show..

I was thinking about something.. Let's say I count my carbs, and cal, and at the end of the day I'm like 400 cal, 15 carbs.. Does that really change something if I use one tbsp real peanut butter in a shake ? Or a piece of cheese ? I'm giving the exemple of the peanut butter, but it could be I don't know, a low carb cookie, low carb bread or whatever.. It's not in the protocol because probably most people don't count everything, but If I stay under 600-700 cal for the day, and under 20 cal, I don't understand why I can't have it. I'm not having it all at because I don't want to screw up anything but I don't understand why in theory I can't have it.

Wow, I have too many questions this morning!

Do I have to space my water intake during the day ? I'm having 2L between 8h30am and 16h30pm, and after that not really. I hate getting up at night when I was sleeping, so I'm trying not to drink water after 8..
I guess if you think it would benefit you to add some extras and it won't slow your weight loss then maybe? I personally wouldn't trust myself to start adding stuff here and there, I like to fall down the slippery slope a lot lol. But really watch what you're adding because some things will knock you out of ketosis...as an example peanut butter is really high in sugar and potentially your pancreas could kick in gear when it gets that sugar shock...

I usually stop drinking water after about 7pm also, because I hate getting up in the night, but between 7am and 7pm I drink about 5 L of water so I don't think it's an issue to stop at a certain time

Regarding your weigh in, according to my coach sometimes your body will stall out because your brain catches up to your body and says "hey, what are you doing with all of my energy reserves" and tries to hold on to the stored fat cells. I've gone through it a couple of times and it's really frustrating, but stick with it and you'll keep losing. Also, some days we might just retain a bit more water than others
Old 06-10-2010, 10:48 AM   #167  

S/C/G: S/C/G -- 240/183.5/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
This is an unofficial weight, but just had to share!!! For the first time a a few years today I saw the 180s on the scale, 189.2 to be exact!!! Some of you know I've been struggling with the 190s, as i've been in them since APRIL!!! But NO MORE! I did it. I could cry I'm so happy, but of course I don't have time, I have to get ready for work I should be leaving in 3 minutes!
Kelsey: wooot! congratulations! all your hard work is paying off!
Old 06-10-2010, 10:55 AM   #168  

S/C/G: S/C/G -- 240/183.5/150

Height: 5'4

I know last week someone posted a recipe for Baked Turnip Chips, but I can't find it in the thread! I really want to try making them cause my current regime of spinach, mushrooms, and broccolli is boring me :P

anyone remember the recipe/instructions?
Old 06-10-2010, 11:06 AM   #169  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Kelsey- Whoot Whhooo, great job it is so nice to see a different set of numbers (into 180's) on the scale, I am patiently waiting to see a 120's, its almost like a mountain climbed!!!
I just wanted to add to Jordanna post to Lady5andy- I think the reason they restrict things that possibly could be included is that they are often what Weight Watcher calls "red light foods", often times they are the foods we like and we tend to have a little too much of or a little to often. Plus everyone is so different as to what will kick them out of ketosis, I cant have any restricted items, I really have to watch my carbs closely in order to lose, whereas somepeople have bars everyday and still drop great numbers...so I think they design it to accomodate the majority of people.
I just realized I hit -60.....

Last edited by WannabeIP; 06-10-2010 at 11:13 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:07 AM   #170  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
I'm always cold too unless I'm hot flashing.

I still have a specific plan to follow: Breakfast is a protein, slow carb, fat, and fruit. Lunch is protein, vegetables, and fat. Snack is fruit, a bar, or a packet. Dinner is protein, vegetables, slow carbs, and optional fruit. So I'm still making the same kind of decisions as I was in the other phases. Once a week is supposed to be "have whatever you want" and the next day go back to phase 1 or 2 (no slow carbs or fruit). I haven't done that yet.

BEVS- Are you having your snack before Dinner or before you go to bed?
Old 06-10-2010, 11:08 AM   #171  

202.2 ... the countdown to Onederland is going to go on for weeks at this rate!
Old 06-10-2010, 11:25 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 174.1/149.2/135

Height: 5'7"

I just had my 4th WI and I'm down 2.5lbs (162.1) which I'm extremely happy with considering my scale on monday showed 166.4 after my weekend off the wagon (never doing that again!!) Come on 150's!!!! Woot!!
Old 06-10-2010, 11:26 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
202.2 ... the countdown to Onederland is going to go on for weeks at this rate!
Mine is going under 139 but at least we are counting down and not up like a few months ago! Wooot to that
Old 06-10-2010, 11:35 AM   #174  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

I'm on day 8 and I feel okay. I've been hungry and in ketosis. I'm kinda bummed because I'm only down 3.7 from my original WI (went up a tad) but I know everything fluctuates. Just like everyone, I want it gone now. My patience is just wearing thin. Rationally, I know 8 days, wtf? Mentally, I'm just tired.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sticking with it, I just need a good pout. I'll be fine and carry on and SEE results soon.

I'm so proud of everyone doing so well. Keep on posting, it keeps me motivated
Old 06-10-2010, 11:50 AM   #175  

S/C/G: 217/174/150

Height: 5'6

I make the turnip chips a lot. Here's my rendition:

Thinly slice the turnips. A mandoline works super nifty for uniform, thin slices. I do mine about 1/4 inch thick. Spray nonstick baking sheet with pam. Arrange turnips on sheet. Drizzle with oil of your choice. Bake at 450 about 10 minutes per side. The time depends on the thickness of the turnips. Sometimes I don't have to turn the chips, sometimes I do. Just depends on how they are cooking. Definitely let them get nice and brown. They are so good.

And WannabeIP: YAY for you! 60 pounds! I bet you're feeling fantastic.

Last edited by kellyrook; 06-10-2010 at 11:52 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:59 AM   #176  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
I just realized I hit -60.....
Wow! Look at you! How awesome is that?
Old 06-10-2010, 12:29 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
what kind of cookbooks?

hahahahaha!! the dirt may be high in iron?

btw, totally tmi but...my friend who started ip two weeks ago quit and gave me all of her supplements the other night. i wasn't taking any ip omegas or the multivitamins, just my one-a-days before. since i started these ip supplements, my stomach has been making tons of weird noises and have had diarrhea. is this the omegas? will these side effects chill out at some point?
god, I have the same problem every night after dinner. I am pretty much in "lock down" for couple of hours before its all gone. I only take their cal/mag and potasium pills though, rest I do of my own.

Nitenic: YES, chicken soup is petrolium powder. you have to be starving for it to go down without tears.

Last edited by pitakitten; 06-10-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:34 PM   #178  
Nichole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post

Have an IDEAL day today everyone. Hang in there if you're struggling.
That's awesome!! I am sooooo happy for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey41 View Post
Just had to share, I had my first official weigh-in - 6.6 lbs gone forever! I'm so happy this morning!

Stacey
Congratulations, isn't it great??

Just got back from weigh in #4. I lost 2 lbs and 3-4 inches. Given how strange last week was, I'm perfectly fine with that. I know next week will be much better! I picked out some new things to try so I'm excited about that. I'm having the chicken soup for lunch now and I'm 99% sure that the other 3 packets of this are going back. But at least I tried.

Laughing hilariously at Pitakitten's comparison of the chicken soup to petroleum powder. Tooooooo funny!

Last edited by nitenic; 06-10-2010 at 01:58 PM. Reason: added a comment
Old 06-10-2010, 12:44 PM   #179  

Pita and Erin, I've found out that it's probably the potassium that's giving my diarrhea.. I've stoped this one and it's now ok for me. Maybe you should try it ?
Old 06-10-2010, 12:50 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Just got back from my first weigh in. I am down 5 1/2 pounds!

I have to say that I read the post from Stacey41 before I went, 6.6 lbs gone for week one and I was almost bummed. I am so proud of everyone on this board, but it is hard not to get caught up in the numbers.

Stacey41 - AWESOME!

Anyway, I got in my car, took a mental moment, and thought when else have I ever lost 5 1/2 pounds in one week? I am much better now. Looking forward to the days and weeks to come.
Closed Thread