Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 07:06 AM   #61  

Default Udo's Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
TO JORDANNA Glad to know you've noticed such a difference. The bottled oil is called Udo's Oil 3*6*9 Blend the ideal 2:1:1 ratio of unrefined omega fatty acids. The mixture contains flax oil, sunflower oil, sesame oil, coconut oil, evening primrose oil, rice bran oil, soy lecithin, oat germ and bran oil, mixed tocopherols (nonGM) and they are all organic. I wonder if that's what your capsules contain?!?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Jordanna...what store did you get the Udo's from?...I currently use an Omega from the health food store (gasp, lol), and would love to see the difference in my skin.
Thanks!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Can you please tell me what Udo's oil is and where I can buy it . My skin is very dry . Does Udo stand for something .LOL . I am sure it does . Never heard of it before.Thanks .
Okay everyone - here is the lowdown on my Udo's Choice - Udo's Oil 3-6-9 Blend.

First they are 1000mg capsules of which I take 4

They contain:

Flaxseed oil, sunflower seed oil, sesame seed oil, coconut oil, evening primrose seed oil, rice bran and germ oils, soylecithin, oat brand and germ oils and tocotrienols.

All organic and unrefined oils.

I got mine at MHN - Maximum Health Nutrition (of course because I have a crush on the guy who runs the place...I'd let him eat crackers in my bed ... don't worry, my husband knows!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietfrenzy View Post
Hello ladies...
Congratulations on all your accomplishments. Each and every one makes the days that much more brighter!

My updates: tonight i had my 2nd week WI and lost 3.5 lbs. very excited... haven't been this new weight in a couple of years!

i learned some things from my coach.. because i insist on exercising (which he does not like! ) he said i need a minimum of 4 IPs a day. So, i normally exercise in the early morning before work. He specifically requested (actually ordered) I drink a pack when I wake up before i exercise and then drink another IP pack after exercising (within 30 mins). I was not doing this and he thought that might be the reason i am always hungry.

If i am still hungry, he said I could add a little more protein during my dinner but not to add more veggies because of the carbs - don't want too much. I did mention that one of the days, i was so busy did not have time to eat mylunch ration of veggies... so he said make it up later in the day and never skips the veggies because they are an important part of the program. he suggested that i give this a try and see how I do. if i don't lose weight, then he will re-evaluate.

so tomorrow is a new day and I will try it out. I already prepared my breakfast drinks (chilling in the fridge) so i can get up, drink, dress, leave house, exercise, drink, take shower, tackle the day with energy and a smile

hugs and kisses to you all for all the inspiration!
Hey Dietfrenzy - my coach put me on that 4 pkg regime too apparently it's the "athletic protocol"
Old 06-09-2010, 07:10 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb;3331495[B
doxi[/B],so what did you end up doing, extra packet?
Yes. I have been using either an extra packet or one of my Premier Protein drinks. I have done this every day and I have been in Ketosis since day three. I am not certain if this is slowing down the overall loss or not. It does look like my first weigh in tomorrow will be at least 5 pounds. If so, I will be thrilled with that. I know this takes us back to the whole "following protocol" issue, but I think we have to do everything in life at a level that is comfortable enough for us to be to successful. I personally hate to feel hungry. What ever works, right?
Old 06-09-2010, 07:47 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 204/170/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
kellyrook
It's crazy bc even though I've lost 31 pounds I am only down one size. Is that bizarre or what?? And at the risk of sounding completely vain (ok maybe I am) I went to a soccer game tonight and hadn't seen a friend since I've started the diet and she didn't mention a word. And she isn't the jealous, snarky type, you know? But I do feel like a new person.
You are doing awesome! Your portrait pics tell a great story!

GIRL..you are probably one of the lucky few that didn't have a big mid-section and arms like me. i started with fairly "ok" legs(hubby said he missed them today!) but my waist, huge butt, hips and arms were huge from where they were say, 4 years ago.

i've lost my butt, a lot of my waist and hips but my arms will NOT budge.

all i want is to have arms that are less than a foot around. grrrrrr...

you are doing FANTABULOUS and look beautiful!
Most of weight is in my midsection. Even when I was thin I had a booty! Unfortunately my top doesn't match my bottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Question...

I've read more than once on this forum that lots of exercise will throw you out of ketosis... how does it do that?.. I get it that exercise will make a person hungrier, but if you're still on protocol, how does it affect ketosis?..

Just wondering... thx...

hugs...
I am going to do some research on this when I have a chance. It really does not make sense to me. Not saying it is not true but it just SOUNDS crazy. After I had my 1st DD I lost all my weight exercising and doing Atkins within 6 months I was in a size 4 and had a great body. I had gained 52 lbs when I got pregnant with her so it was quite a bit of weight. I will let you know what if anything I come up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyrook View Post
Thank you. I think that my wardrobe of all sweats all the time, accompanied by baseball hats and huge sunglasses are a likely explanation. It drove my kids crazy. They teased me that I looked like I was constantly wearing a disguise.

Are your arms the first place you gained the weight? You know the theory about the last place you gained is the first place you lose... All I know is you look fantastic! Isn't it exciting?
This is me! Even when I was thin I never cared for jeans I always thought they were uncomfortable. I made a promise to myself when I am done with this diet that I will always wear pants with a button waistband unless I am working out or cleaning the house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Can you please tell me what Udo's oil is and where I can buy it . My skin is very dry . Does Udo stand for something .LOL . I am sure it does . Never heard of it before.Thanks .
You can get it from Amazon.
Just beware alot of people have trouble converting the ALA in flax oil to EPA in the body. I was one of them and honestly most do. I took flax for over a year and could not figure out why I could not see the benefits (my skin was very dry) I did a little research and found that most people's bodies are unable to convert the ALA efficiently. Also there are no DHA benefits in flax and it is even harder for the body to make DHA from ALA. I am not saying flax is not healthy it is a great addition to one's diet used in recipes etc. But for supplementation fish oil is far better. Udo's also contains Omega 6's which most people get far to many of anyway. Your best bet is to use a quality fish oil such as Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega or Schiff Mega Red Krill Oil (higher absorption rate than standard fish oil) and then add some Evening Primrose oil or Black Currant Seed Oil for the GLA's in addition. It will be a bit more costly this way but I don't put a price when it comes to my health.
Amazon sells all of the above items and if you sign up for their subscription services it is usually far cheaper than buying it in the store. If anyone would like further brand recommendations or dosage just PM me.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:45 AM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by csdclark View Post
I just have to share this with everyone. I had an amazing NSV yesterday. About a week ago my Mom (who is Journeysend on here) and I cleaned out my closet for the 2nd time in 2 months. All my shorts and all but 1 pair of capri pants where all to big. So yesterday my husband and I had to go into the city and I made a quick trip to Reitmans. I picked up a size 9 shorts and capri pants thinking they would fit in a couple of weeks maybe and to my surprise when I tried them on they fit. If anyone would of saw me when I did them up they would of burst out laughing. I was in the change room doing a happy dance!! I don't remember the last time I was in a single digit size. Has to be at least 20 years. Can't wait for it to quit raining here now so I can wear them.
Way to go girl!
Old 06-09-2010, 08:55 AM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
I'd also like to know what UDO's oil is and where to get it -- ?!

Good weigh in today and have lost about 14 pounds in 4 weeks. Not as much as some, but good enough. NSV: Buttoned a jacket that I'd never been able to button before -- ever -- ! I was so happy and surprised I jumped up and down in the house, and the dog thought I was crazy.

Question for everyone: Does your clinic or doctor recommend B-12 and some sort of Amino Acid delivered by shots? If so, do you think they are helpful & worth the cost?

Jess

Awesome! I am praying for the same success.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:07 AM   #66  
Started IP Aug 4/09

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

Celebrating some NSV today! My co-workers organised a little party for myself and Edith, another co-worker, since we both lost around 100lbs each and even threw in a gift card (100$ each!) to get us some new clothing! Don't search for me at lunchtime, I will be spending on fancy underwear at "La vie en rose" a specialized boutique!!

Bev, Novak: Have you made something special when you reached your goal? Looking for inspiration as I am now 3lbs away...

Last edited by SylvieG; 06-09-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:07 AM   #67  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Speaking of oil, I use it quite a bit, generally around 2Tbs. I use it as a salad dressing with vinegar and to roast veggies. I get flavoured oils, like garlic, Mediterranean, hot chili, and they are great. I already had these and they add a lot of flavour. I don't really cool with it (unless I'm roasting) but it is a great additive.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:08 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

To natural girl: I have to say that my coach is actually an advocate of working out. She told me not to at the begining during the first couple of weeks only. I haven't done it just because of the going out of ketosis thing I hear. It would be great if you tell us what you figure out with your research and I might actually start an experiment on myself.

Last edited by pitakitten; 06-09-2010 at 09:11 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:19 AM   #69  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

I had my official WI last night last minute with my coach who was in the neighbourhood and was only down 0.8 lb for my first week. Last time I weighed in after a light lunch, and today I had ALL my food, with very heavy salad tonight with dinner, lots of salt and all my water plus a surplus (I lost count after my 3rd liter). It put me 5.7 above what I was in the am.

I totally know that weight fluctuates during the day quite a bit. I was down 5.2 this morning from the evening, but it makes for a weird weigh in. I'm fine with being weighed at night if we are consistent about it, and I know not to stuff myself silly with heavy fresh veggies from the salad bar! Hah!

I'm proud I didn't panic, and she asked me to email her my morning weight this am as well. I just felt like a failure stepping on her scale after bragging to you guys I lost 4.1 to see barely anything on her end! Hah!

Oh well. I'm going to use my morning weight for consistency and sanity, and her weight for my goals. Wednesdays are my regular IP weigh in with her, so I wasn't prepared for a Tuesday night, not that I should do THAT much different. Tuesdays are my normal WI since I started the 10lb challenge, and it was the first of the month.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:21 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 217/174/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by csdclark View Post
I just have to share this with everyone. I had an amazing NSV yesterday. About a week ago my Mom (who is Journeysend on here) and I cleaned out my closet for the 2nd time in 2 months. All my shorts and all but 1 pair of capri pants where all to big. So yesterday my husband and I had to go into the city and I made a quick trip to Reitmans. I picked up a size 9 shorts and capri pants thinking they would fit in a couple of weeks maybe and to my surprise when I tried them on they fit. If anyone would of saw me when I did them up they would of burst out laughing. I was in the change room doing a happy dance!! I don't remember the last time I was in a single digit size. Has to be at least 20 years. Can't wait for it to quit raining here now so I can wear them.
I'm excited for you! You look beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
Congratulations!!!

I love the process of cleaning out the closet, did it again this weekend. Yesterday I took 4 bags and two boxes of clothes to the thrift store. My belief is once they don't fit anymore, get rid of them. I now only have one pair of shorts, they ft now but didn't when I bought them three weeks ago (they were on clearance, couldn't pass them up).
I'm with you. When the day comes when I get to go through my closet, which has sizes ranging from size 6 -18, I'm donating and moving on. Awesome news with the new shorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkjensen View Post
I was wondering what everyone does for their oil requirements? The handouts I got at my consult said 1-2 tsp each day....Dr. Tran Tien's website says 1-2 tbsp per day....which is right?
I have been loving the coconut oil. I love coconut, and you can really taste the flavor in the oil. I have been using it as a moisturizer, and rub a little in my hair at night as a conditioner.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:28 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 217/174/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthia View Post
I had my official WI last night last minute with my coach who was in the neighbourhood and was only down 0.8 lb for my first week. Last time I weighed in after a light lunch, and today I had ALL my food, with very heavy salad tonight with dinner, lots of salt and all my water plus a surplus (I lost count after my 3rd liter). It put me 5.7 above what I was in the am.

I totally know that weight fluctuates during the day quite a bit. I was down 5.2 this morning from the evening, but it makes for a weird weigh in. I'm fine with being weighed at night if we are consistent about it, and I know not to stuff myself silly with heavy fresh veggies from the salad bar! Hah!

I'm proud I didn't panic, and she asked me to email her my morning weight this am as well. I just felt like a failure stepping on her scale after bragging to you guys I lost 4.1 to see barely anything on her end! Hah!

Oh well. I'm going to use my morning weight for consistency and sanity, and her weight for my goals. Wednesdays are my regular IP weigh in with her, so I wasn't prepared for a Tuesday night, not that I should do THAT much different. Tuesdays are my normal WI since I started the 10lb challenge, and it was the first of the month.
I am sort of guilty of being a too frequent weigher. That said, you can't get me on the scale in the evening. Last time I did I was 5.5 pounds heavier and even though it shouldn't bother me so much, it did. I am proud of you for keeping your head! You sound like you have a great attitude.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:32 AM   #72  

TO NATURAL GIRL I've also heard that most people get plenty of Omega 6 but then I wondered if we doing IP and psuedo-IP get enough. I bought some of the Schiff Mega Red Krill Oil Capsules b/c Costco had an amazing coupon deal on them a couple months ago. I emailed Schiff about the amount of sorbitol in the gel-caps and they replied that each contains 1 mg of sorbitol. They use the sorbitol to keep the capsule soft. I really wish they'd just not use it at all. The krill is in great abundance so the oil is fairly plentiful and very well absorbed by the body.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:35 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 204/170/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
To natural girl: I have to say that my coach is actually an advocate of working out. She told me not to at the begining during the first couple of weeks only. I haven't done it just because of the going out of ketosis thing I hear. It would be great if you tell us what you figure out with your research and I might actually start an experiment on myself.
I know most of the coaches advocate no exercise at all which is just plain unhealthy for anyone and my coach is one of them. She claims that is the reason I am losing slower than most. At first I thought well maybe you "show" less of a pound loss on the scale but body fat is being converted to muscle. I will test that theory as I just got my body fat scale and am logging my progress weekly. That would make sense since most body builders and athletes use protein powder after a workout to "build" muscle. I figured that would not result in a substantial pound loss which otherwise cause someone to doubt the diet and not see quick progress and ultimately quit to early.
Another theory is that maybe you don't register as being in ketosis on a ketostix for example because your body has "burnt" or used up all the excess ketones due to the exercise. The ketostix only measure any spillover ketones in the urine. You get rid of ketones through urine, breath and sweating. Therefore, what the body has not used will be in the urine. That seems to be a more plausible explanation. Then again, it may be a culmination of both factors and many more that I have yet to find out or none of the above. It just sounds so crazy that exercise will stall/slow your weight loss.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:35 AM   #74  

TO DOXIGIRL & JORDANNA I just have a feeling you are both going to weigh in the 100s today! Go! Go! Go!
Old 06-09-2010, 09:37 AM   #75  

DO NOT HEAT UDO's OIL!! If you purchase Udo's Oil as a liquid oil rather than in capsules to be swallowed, be sure not to heat it. According to the packaging, it needs to be refrigerated and not used to fry, etc.
Closed Thread