Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 04:32 PM   #301  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
from Dietfrenzy: Tonight I made the Kale Chips and they are absolutely fabulous!! Thank you Thank YOU Thank YOU for the easy recipe! They are crunchy and salty! The smaller the piece the crispier it is! LOVE IT!

Ok, I think I screwed up the Kale Chips. I found the recipe on All Recipes (after not finding it here) and added the required amount of salt/oil, etc. A few of them turned out, but most of it was too mushy. Any advice on how I messed that one up?
Maybe you didn't cook them all long enough. Oh, and make sure they are all in 1 layer, you have to manually spread them out. I've made bigger chips and they are fine, but sometimes they take closer to 15 min instead of 10. I don't measure my oil, vinegar, I just lightly drizzle and toss them. You could probably use a mister for the oil too.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:33 PM   #302  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Ok, I think I screwed up the Kale Chips. I found the recipe on All Recipes (after not finding it here) and added the required amount of salt/oil, etc. A few of them turned out, but most of it was too mushy. Any advice on how I messed that one up?
I just tear kale leaves into chip sized pieces, wash and spin dry in salad spinner, spread out on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt, and bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Chips should be crisp, but not too brown (you might need to monitor the first couple of times you make them to be sure your oven isn't too hot.) If a few still seem soft, I sometimes turn off the oven and give them a little more time.

Don't know what happened... mine have always turned out pretty well. I now use an olive oil sprayer on them rather than drizzle, and spritz with apple cider vinegar when they come out of the oven.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:44 PM   #303  

S/C/G: 222/210/145

Height: 5'6

Default what im i doing wrong

so the first week i lost 10 lbs, the second 2 lbs, and now so far this week nothing, i have not even cheated once but the tempation is getting stronger now that the weight is not coming off.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:54 PM   #304  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by climbing View Post
so the first week i lost 10 lbs, the second 2 lbs, and now so far this week nothing, i have not even cheated once but the tempation is getting stronger now that the weight is not coming off.
don't worry. I have had couple of weeks that the loss was zero or 0.5. I just calculated average per week and it came to 2.5 per week. Basically some weeks you loose, some you don't, some more than others. Lost of people here with the same story.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:22 PM   #305  

S/C/G: 295/252/170

Height: 5'4"

Good luck...I am loving this diet
Old 06-11-2010, 05:59 PM   #306  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
...haven't been getting my 4 cups of veggies in lately(tons of sald-just not other veggies) maybe that's what's going on. am going to record my food this week and make sure i measure everything, hoping for a huge loss next WI.
I had the same chat with my coach today! I've been laxed on the veggies, and he thinks it's causing my body to not be "regular" and not lose the weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Kelsey - what's up with the chiropractor question??
My coach mentioned that his "BIGGEST LOSERS" are the ones who also get weekly adjustments, and I just wondered it if there could be a connection. We'll see at the end of the survey! So far 85% say NO they do not get adjustments.

<a href="http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8NZLGSF">Click here to take survey</a>

Quote:
Originally Posted by climbing View Post
You'll be fine. Don't waiver. Be strong. You've lost 12 lbs in a few weeks, think about that!!! it's amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBooKitty View Post
Good luck...I am loving this diet
Good for you BooBoo! I love it too.

Last edited by Kelsey; 06-11-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:21 PM   #307  
Ratfancy

S/C/G: 155/155/145

Default Sounds like me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
don't worry. I have had couple of weeks that the loss was zero or 0.5. I just calculated average per week and it came to 2.5 per week. Basically some weeks you loose, some you don't, some more than others. Lost of people here with the same story.
I'm going for about 2 lbs. per week and I'll be happy with that. I'm 5'2" and going for 142. Seems to be working and I'm not so hungry on this as I was on JC.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:22 PM   #308  

S/C/G: 217/174/150

Height: 5'6

hey everybody! Decided to have a garage sale in the 90% humidity. Made enough money to keep me in IP food for a couple of days. Ha! I think my garage sale days might be done. Donating is just better, and way easier.

Am I the only person who is hungry while in ketosis? Maybe it's psychological. But my stomach is actually rumbling.

I dreamt all night of cookie dough and was going through all these lengths to hide my consumption of said dough. I woke up feeling heartbroken and so guilty, and then it was just a dumb dream!!

Happy Birthday Dee-Ann! I am proud of you for being cakeless! And overcoming passive-agressive in-laws!

Everyone looks gorgeous in the new pics.

Oh! Almost forgot, Kelsey did the survey. What a cool idea. I'm excited to see the results.

Last edited by kellyrook; 06-11-2010 at 06:26 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 06-11-2010, 06:27 PM   #309  
Ratfancy

S/C/G: 155/155/145

Default Go girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural girl View Post
***********NSV ALERT*****

Got on my nifty new scale this afternoon (I love that thing!)
Lost 1% body fat
Gained .5% skeletal muscle
lost one year from my Body Age!!!

All in 1 weeks time yippeee!
This freaks me out - I purchased my scale in 1979, used it to weigh packages for a shipping business for 2 years, they brought it to my house. Moved around the country - kept the same digital scale. Works perfectly - totally accurate and now 30 years old! (Yes, there was digital back in 1979!)

Old 06-11-2010, 06:32 PM   #310  
Started IP 7/23/2012

S/C/G: 176/176/125

Height: 5'3

just wanted to stop in and tell everyone to have a great weekend!! :-) I'm finally getting a night out with the hubby! much needed!
Old 06-11-2010, 07:09 PM   #311  

S/C/G: 211/166/140 started: 5/25

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle Sunshine View Post
I am a new member here today - on Day 15 of IP. I still feel pretty weak most of the time and am very hungry off and on. Has anyone else experienced this? Some days I have trouble finishing 5 oz of meat and then the next day I could eat 10 if I let myself. I follow the protocol exactly with no variation. I have a very active job where I am running round "on stage" teaching seminars. I lost 6 pounds in week one and 2 pounds in week 2. I am quickly learning that a whole lotta my hunger is emotional but I can now tell the true "I AM HUNGRY" feeling again. Any ideas. Thanks for the support. Everyone here seems very nice and friendly!
Dear Seattle Sunshine,
it took me more than 2 weeks to balance the hunger. I am in the middle of week 3 now and feel much better than the first 2 weeks. In fact, I felt like eating every 2 hours, but now, I can have IP breakfast (one before exercize and 1 packet immediately after, IP lunch with veggies, snack and then dinner. Some days that I exercize, I also add another snack before bed. It seems to work (so far)!

Hang in there!!

Quote:
from Dietfrenzy: Tonight I made the Kale Chips and they are absolutely fabulous!! Thank you Thank YOU Thank YOU for the easy recipe! They are crunchy and salty! The smaller the piece the crispier it is! LOVE IT!

hmm... i've only made them once, but they turned out ok... so here's what I did:

pre-heat oven around 350 degrees
organic kale
washed, cute into small pieces and dried in salad spinner
placed on aluminum foil on baking sheet
sprinkled with salt, pepper and lemon/pepper spice mix
sprayed lightly with Olive Oil Spray, tossed a little
placed in oven for 10 min, check on them, then kept them for a few minutes more.

I actually added a little too much salt the first time around, but other than that, they turned out crispy. The bigger pieces were not as crispy as the smaller pieces.

maybe, you had pieces that were too big? perhaps leave them baking a little longer may help???

Last edited by dietfrenzy; 06-11-2010 at 07:13 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:45 PM   #312  

S/C/G: 206/206/160

First weigh in with the IP program.....lost 9.5 pounds! It was a rough first couple of days, but I made it through. I am a cook and a baker and a food snob to boot. I was not able to down the lunch IP packets. I opted for the choc drink with a salad and vegies. Much better. I have tried every diet in the book. The most 1st week weight loss that I could ever get was 2 pounds. This program is a miracle!
Old 06-11-2010, 08:10 PM   #313  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyrook View Post
Am I the only person who is hungry while in ketosis? Maybe it's psychological. But my stomach is actually rumbling.
Me too. Ugh. Hungry, in ketosis. I've found that some days are worse than others and on those days I split up my veggies and have snacks inbetween meals. Still eating the same, but it takes the edge off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellylox View Post
First weigh in with the IP program.....lost 9.5 pounds! It was a rough first couple of days, but I made it through. I am a cook and a baker and a food snob to boot. I was not able to down the lunch IP packets. I opted for the choc drink with a salad and vegies. Much better. I have tried every diet in the book. The most 1st week weight loss that I could ever get was 2 pounds. This program is a miracle!
I can't get down the savoury packets and I'm a baker/cook and food snob too. I literally gagged on the chicken soup, even after doctoring it up. I say stick to the sweet packets. I make shakes out of the pudding packets by adding more liquid and ice in my blender, and I have the chocolate drink for breakfast (might switch to the chocolate pudding next week for that, unsure yet, I like it a lot). You are doing amazing, congrats!
Old 06-11-2010, 08:30 PM   #314  

S/C/G: 204/170/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyrook View Post
hey everybody! Decided to have a garage sale in the 90% humidity. Made enough money to keep me in IP food for a couple of days. Ha! I think my garage sale days might be done. Donating is just better, and way easier.

Everyone looks gorgeous in the new pics.

Oh! Almost forgot, Kelsey did the survey. What a cool idea. I'm excited to see the results.
Oh garage sales are a pain aren't they? Then everyone wants you to take a .25 cents for a .50 cent item lol

I am glad to know that I am not the only one hungry all the time. It does go in spurts and some days I am just fine but when I get hungry my stomach grumbles too.

I got courageous and put my pic up but I'll probably take it down soon. I take awful pics!

Kelsey I took the survey also. It will be interesting to find out the results!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthia View Post
Me too. Ugh. Hungry, in ketosis. I've found that some days are worse than others and on those days I split up my veggies and have snacks inbetween meals. Still eating the same, but it takes the edge off.
I do this too and some days if I am really starving and I have exercised I will have a boiled egg or just the white.

Last edited by natural girl; 06-11-2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:31 PM   #315  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellylox View Post
Bellylox After about the first two weeks, I became a vanilla box drink person 3x a day. They just work for me. I have drink for breakfast--veggies & a salad at lunch and then the drink;protein, veggies and sometimes salad at dinner--then last drink near bedtime. Welcome and I can't wait to see the recipes you suggest to us once you get the hang of this program. Congratulations on the 9.5 pounds!!
IP really is great, even 4 months later. Hope you like it as much as we do!

Natural Girl - your picture is GREAT. I will do one sometime.... just like being kind of anonymous here--- especially with my actual weight listed!

Sassykimann & HockeyMom-- well done to both of you. I think helping others with IP would be a wonderful thing to do. You must be so flattered to be asked.And no one is better to give advice than someone who has been there.

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 06-11-2010 at 08:48 PM.
Closed Thread