Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 08:15 PM   #16  
Started IP 7/23/2012

S/C/G: 176/176/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
OK Girls I just had to post this!!!! I have had a beautiful white blouse that I bought about 6 yrs ago and NEVER have been able to wear....AND....today I tried it on and I got it BUTTONED UP!!!!!!!!!! I was sooo excited!!!!!
that is awesome!! congratulations! These moments are fantastic!! :-)
Old 06-08-2010, 08:16 PM   #17  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Sorry to do this....

I guess I started this, so it’s fitting that I end it. Please grant me that opportunity. I posted this on the other thread, but I would like to put it where folks will actually see it.

In rereading my post, I’m at a loss to find any attacking or belittling or bitterness. If people are seeing something I am not, I’m not quite sure how.

The whole point of my post was not to slam “cheaters.” It was to point out that there is a danger in using the protocol in a way that encourages going in and out of ketosis... that there are repercussions when folks repeatedly cheat, slip... call it what you will... assuming that everything will be okay as long as they get back into ketosis again.

I am particularly sensitive to it, because that’s exactly what my sister’s husband is doing... she and I discussed it this morning before I posted. He has an alcohol problem he denies, but when he goes away fishing for a few days, he suddenly isn’t losing any weight. We know what’s going on and are concerned, particularly because it’s compounded by his high blood pressure and diabetes. But he won’t recognize that it’s a problem, because he’s still losing weight.

I took that discussion a step further in my head... thinking the only way to really make things okay, is to pay attention to the behavior that causes the slip. Do I automatically eat because I am sad or stressed? Or do I feel I need to have a drink in social situations? Or in a time of crisis? I believe that constantly repeating those behaviors during the diet may prevent us from being able to maintain our losses when we’re done. Now is the perfect time – as Lady5andy so brilliantly points out – to face those demons and assure that we will be able to succeed over the long haul.

I am no saint by a long shot... there are far more virtuous people on these boards than me. And I do not judge anyone’s reasons for having a hard time doing the very difficult work of reinventing ourselves. It’s all very personal... Slips happen, and I have encouraged people to press on despite them and achieve their goals. But I will not tell anyone that it’s okay to drag their bodies through the process over and over again. It is NOT healthy.

I do not apologize for posting my views in this regard, but I do feel badly that “all **** broke loose” and Jordanna was hurt in the process. Clearly, some folks felt I was attacking them... if people want to hate me for my views, so be it. But please don’t mistreat those who might happen to agree with me.

Everyone who knows me here knows the level of support I have brought to the table these last four months. My primary goal has been to make myself healthier, and encourage others to achieve that, as well. I’d like to think that is why everyone is here.

I didn’t really want to go out chased by a mob waving pitchforks and torches, but if that’s how it turns out, I have no regrets about anything I’ve posted on this board. I wish all of you the best in achieving your goals in a healthy and sustainable way. I'll just continue coaching my sister, who is losing like a champ!
Old 06-08-2010, 08:18 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey41 View Post
Today is day 6 and day 5 was awful. I felt horrible and was seriously considering giving up, but hung in there and woke up this morning feeling great. I'm finally in ketosis and not starving all the time. Yay me!

Stacey
Glad you decided to stick with it. I am not sure why, but my week has not been bad. I had a couple mild headaches and seemed a little foggy a couple times. Anyway, I am so glad that you felt better today. When is your first weigh in? Mine is Thursday. Good luck and hang in there.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:19 PM   #19  
Started IP 7/23/2012

I had a joyous moment,....my hubby got home from being overseas for 5 weeks (he works offshore in Scotland) and the first thing he said when I picked him up at the airport was "oh my gosh, your face looks so skinny!!" :-) It felt good to me! oh yeah, and he is a skinny little bugger and I weigh LESS than him now!! whoop! whoop! :-) who cares if my bmi is twice his! lol!
Old 06-08-2010, 08:25 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah30 View Post
I had a joyous moment,....my hubby got home from being overseas for 5 weeks (he works offshore in Scotland) and the first thing he said when I picked him up at the airport was "oh my gosh, your face looks so skinny!!" :-) It felt good to me! oh yeah, and he is a skinny little bugger and I weigh LESS than him now!! whoop! whoop! :-) who cares if my bmi is twice his! lol!
What a great moment. I would like think I could do that, but my hubby is also tiny. He weighs about 140. Maybe I will change my goal to 135. I always tell him if I can ever weigh less than him, he will have to quit smoking. He always laughs at me because I never even come close. The joke might be on him this time!
Old 06-08-2010, 08:30 PM   #21  
Started IP 7/23/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxigirl View Post
What a great moment. I would like think I could do that, but my hubby is also tiny. He weighs about 140. Maybe I will change my goal to 135. I always tell him if I can ever weigh less than him, he will have to quit smoking. He always laughs at me because I never even come close. The joke might be on him this time!
sweet revenge! :-) You'll make it to whatever goal you set! You've got a lovely group of IP friends here who will help guide you down the path to success! Tell that hubby to get ready to start smokin carrot sticks!
Old 06-08-2010, 08:44 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

So it was hot here today and none of my shorts fit because last summer I was almost 90 lbs heavier . So I was going to wear my husbands and they were too big . ln't beleive it so I went and bought a couple of pairs of shorts . I was so excited !

Sarah I know how it is to have your hubby come home after being gone . congragulations !
Old 06-08-2010, 08:51 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxigirl View Post
Glad you decided to stick with it. I am not sure why, but my week has not been bad. I had a couple mild headaches and seemed a little foggy a couple times. Anyway, I am so glad that you felt better today. When is your first weigh in? Mine is Thursday. Good luck and hang in there.
My first weigh in is on Thursday too and I'm so excited! I can already feel that my body is changing a little bit.

Stacey
Old 06-08-2010, 08:52 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
So it was hot here today and none of my shorts fit because last summer I was almost 90 lbs heavier . So I was going to wear my husbands and they were too big . ln't beleive it so I went and bought a couple of pairs of shorts . I was so excited !
Go you!! That's so great to hear.

Stacey
Old 06-08-2010, 09:00 PM   #25  

Today's NSV...saw a former student's mother at school today (she was also a former school employee) and she didn't recognize me. She was so gushing with praise it was a good feeling.

Then a strange comment from another co-worker "You have lost so much weight, do you have a boyfriend or something? Come on you can tell us." Do I have to have a boyfriend ot justify finally taking care of myself?
Old 06-08-2010, 09:42 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
Today's NSV...saw a former student's mother at school today (she was also a former school employee) and she didn't recognize me. She was so gushing with praise it was a good feeling.

Then a strange comment from another co-worker "You have lost so much weight, do you have a boyfriend or something? Come on you can tell us." Do I have to have a boyfriend ot justify finally taking care of myself?
That is soooo funny ahahaha !! You just have to be in love with yourself

Everytime I'm in love I gain weight, because of the restaurant, wine and everything that come with a BF lol, including chips and chocolate at a movies..

Everytime my heart is broken, I'm going to the gym, get new hair, new nails, and to the tanning salon, so it's like a revenge for me. So Tonight I said to my boyfriend, LEAVE ME so I'll become a cutie again. He said no way, I want you to stay chubby, so'll be sure to keep you for myself ! He's afraid that If I lose too much weight, all his friend will be flirting with me hahahaha
Old 06-08-2010, 09:43 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 204/170/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
OK Girls I just had to post this!!!! I have had a beautiful white blouse that I bought about 6 yrs ago and NEVER have been able to wear....AND....today I tried it on and I got it BUTTONED UP!!!!!!!!!! I was sooo excited!!!!!
What a great feeling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey41 View Post
Today is day 6 and day 5 was awful. I felt horrible and was seriously considering giving up, but hung in there and woke up this morning feeling great. I'm finally in ketosis and not starving all the time. Yay me!

Stacey
Good for you, just hang in there it's smooth sailing now!

Quote:

Sarah I know how it is to have your hubby come home after being gone . congragulations !
Way to go!

Quote:

I know you felt awesome hearing this!
Old 06-08-2010, 10:30 PM   #28  

Height: 5'8"

Lady
the same way here,i gained all my weight after i met my husband and had kids. i just let myself go because i guess i didn't have anyone to impress anymore. i always looked my best when i was single! my husband was hesitant at first when i started ip because i think he was worried that i was going to get more advances from men. silly men.

doxi,so what did you end up doing, extra packet?
Old 06-08-2010, 10:35 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chjsmom View Post
Jordanna, I want to train to run a 5k one day, too. What coach to 5k program did you download from iTunes?
Hiya, chjs - I subscribed to 2 podcasts:

"Podcasts for Running" - which is a guy with really techno-ey music that I don't love but he isn't very chatty which is nice

"Chubby Jones" - which is a girl with better music, but she's really chatty.

Both of them take the guess work out of the interval training though and all you do is listen and run when they tell you! They are both free so subscribe to both and see what you think!
Old 06-08-2010, 10:43 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Alright!!!!

Ahem.....my NSV for today was finally after 10 years, weighing less than my husband!!!!!!!

Woohoo - Calgary, congrats!! great feeling isn't it! I totally did a dance and called my husband a fatty when I finally weighed less than him (I had to lose 50+ lbs before I weighed less than him!) LOL - he thinks it's really funny that it was a goal of mine to weigh less than him, which is sweet because that means it never crossed his mind to worry that I weighed more.

Quote:
Hooray!! That is great. I think it was Showgirl who said she fit in to clothes she hadn't fit in for 20 years and it made me chuckle that she still had them, they were so vintage they were probably back in fashion...I have a shirt that I bought on my honeymoon that fit me for a brief moment in time that I forgot I had until I saw it in my closet...I tried it on again and it was too big...which was great in one way but sad in another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah30 View Post
Hooray Sarah - that's so great that your husband noticed. When I first started this diet my husband was gone for 5 weeks (oilfield) and he was blown away when he came home and saw that I'd lost 30 lbs

Quote:

That's so great CW - I have to buy new summer clothes too because all my capris are massive on me...I think I might even show off a little leg and get some bermuda's this year....lol

Quote:

That's great that you weren't recognized due to your weight loss!! Congratulations. How bizarre that someone thinks you are doing this for someone other than yourself...don't worry about them
Closed Thread