Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 08:35 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 204/191/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
Where in WA are you? If you don't mind my asking.
Kitsap County. About an hr from Seattle.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:42 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 204/191/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Only 1 lb loss 2nd WI?? Did I do something wrong?

OK, another newbie panic here:

Had my second WI on Monday. I have only lost 1 lb. I'm pretty frustrated because I was very spoiled by having a 10 lb loss my first WI. Is this normal? I have not eaten anything but IP foods. I didn't even eat the restricted bars that my coach says she gives to everyone (because I learned from you all that there should be no restricteds the first 3 weeks.) I am wondering if it's due to the skewed schedule at work, where I had waited to eat almost 8 hrs and then taking melatonin to sleep, AND THEN using way too much Torani sugar free (splenda flavored) flavoring in my 2 cups of coffee. Maybe not enough water? I'm racking my brain. I had hoped for at least 3 lbs.

This week I am not using any coffee flavoring, not eating the Listerine cinnamon papers for breath freshening, eating my meals ON SCHEDULE and measuring the 2 cups of veggies per meal plus lots of salad, and having at least 100oz of water and no more then 1 cup of coffee a day with only the 1 oz FF milk and 1 splenda.

I'd also love to start exercising again, any tips? Any tips AT ALL to continue the weight loss would be great. I totally believe in IP, have seen it work on so many friends, and feel so much smaller in just 2 weeks. Just want to keep it going.

Thanks so much.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:48 AM   #138  
started IP 11/21/2010

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenae1968 View Post
OK, another newbie panic here:

Had my second WI on Monday. I have only lost 1 lb. I'm pretty frustrated because I was very spoiled by having a 10 lb loss my first WI. Is this normal? I have not eaten anything but IP foods. I didn't even eat the restricted bars that my coach says she gives to everyone (because I learned from you all that there should be no restricteds the first 3 weeks.) I am wondering if it's due to the skewed schedule at work, where I had waited to eat almost 8 hrs and then taking melatonin to sleep, AND THEN using way too much Torani sugar free (splenda flavored) flavoring in my 2 cups of coffee. Maybe not enough water? I'm racking my brain. I had hoped for at least 3 lbs.

This week I am not using any coffee flavoring, not eating the Listerine cinnamon papers for breath freshening, eating my meals ON SCHEDULE and measuring the 2 cups of veggies per meal plus lots of salad, and having at least 100oz of water and no more then 1 cup of coffee a day with only the 1 oz FF milk and 1 splenda.

I'd also love to start exercising again, any tips? Any tips AT ALL to continue the weight loss would be great. I totally believe in IP, have seen it work on so many friends, and feel so much smaller in just 2 weeks. Just want to keep it going.

Thanks so much.
I feel you on this one!!! I had the same!
WI #1 i lost 9 lbs.
WI #2 i lost only 1 pound
I have heard this is normal and Week 3 normally is a better number.
I will let you know, becasue i have WI # 3 tonight!!!!

I am soooooo hoping for a better number! 3 lbs would be gorgeous!!!

have a great day!
Old 12-14-2010, 12:57 PM   #139  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

I tend to not focus on the weight I lose each week, but the overall weight I've lost. You could be retaining water, need a bowel movement, or several other things. Tomorrow you could be down 3 lbs.

You've put up some pretty good suggestions on things you need to watch for. Just keep doing the plan it will come off. There are too many people here that have succeeded for you not to succeed as well. I had a lot of doubts in the beginning thinking I would be the exception to the rule. But I've stuck to the plan and miraculously the weight is coming off. So just keep doing what your doing... no exercise until after week 3 Also there is a thread on exercise I would read through that for some ideas.

Good job on the 11lb weight loss in 2 weeks!
Old 12-31-2010, 09:20 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 158.5/158.5/130

Height: 5' 3"

Default I am a bit overwhelmed and confused about the recipe thread

I haven't yet received my food or the DVD that tells me what to do. But I did want to start looking at recipes and getting ideas. It keeps referring to Matol stuff and then it refers to Ideal Protein stuff. What is the Matol? Where do I get it? Is it less expensive, healthier, tastier than the IP stuff I have on order?

Also, I am really confused about where I should be posting these types of questions (I think not here...since this is really only for newbies and not for experts to answer newby questions haha.)

Thanks in advance and I will try to follow the proper procedures in the future once I figure it out.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:08 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethilda1 View Post
I haven't yet received my food or the DVD that tells me what to do. But I did want to start looking at recipes and getting ideas. It keeps referring to Matol stuff and then it refers to Ideal Protein stuff. What is the Matol? Where do I get it? Is it less expensive, healthier, tastier than the IP stuff I have on order?

Also, I am really confused about where I should be posting these types of questions (I think not here...since this is really only for newbies and not for experts to answer newby questions haha.)

Thanks in advance and I will try to follow the proper procedures in the future once I figure it out.
I think it is talking about Malitol which a sweetener. a sugar alcohol. Not a substitute for IP. the daily thread is always a good place for questions.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:30 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 158.5/158.5/130

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
I think it is talking about Malitol which a sweetener. a sugar alcohol. Not a substitute for IP. the daily thread is always a good place for questions.
That could be but I saw it spelled like that several times in the recipes and it sounded like meal replacement packets. This was in the Ideal Protein recipes.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:36 AM   #143  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethilda1 View Post

Quote:
No, it really does say Matol. Matol is another brand of products like IP as far as I know. You could google it...
Old 01-11-2011, 12:50 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 179.2/150.2/145

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Welcome, and you're very welcome. And you're doing the smart thing by reading everything.
Thanks for the welcome! As I was reading, I discovered that this is not the place for intros and hellos so I deleted my posts to make room for TIPS posts only. On with the reading.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:38 PM   #145  

Hello everyone,

I just started IP on Jan.7, I am experiencing nausea since 2 days, this morning I also vomitted, is this normal? I felt great this weekend, maybe my body is just reacting to the drastic change.

Also do you have great recipes to share for breakfast, that is the hardest part.

thanks a lot in advance. Emily
Old 01-12-2011, 11:23 AM   #146  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabotine View Post
Hello everyone,

I just started IP on Jan.7, I am experiencing nausea since 2 days, this morning I also vomitted, is this normal? I felt great this weekend, maybe my body is just reacting to the drastic change.

Also do you have great recipes to share for breakfast, that is the hardest part.

thanks a lot in advance. Emily
Oh dear Emily...start reading the recipe posts. You will find many many ideas. Phase 1 breakfasts are boring. Try looking at the "Fun with Packets" post...to shake up your shake! Lol!

Nausea....I was the queen of this, until I figured out just when I should take my supplements. I think the iron was killing me! Lol! I now know that I have to take the heavy duty pills on a full stomach...not before.

Other than that, I don't know what could have caused the vomiting...unless you are allergic/sensitive to something....I think it was Carla who mentioned that she found out she was aspartame intolerant when she began this lifestyle.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:38 PM   #147  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
Oh dear Emily...start reading the recipe posts. You will find many many ideas. Phase 1 breakfasts are boring. Try looking at the "Fun with Packets" post...to shake up your shake! Lol!

Nausea....I was the queen of this, until I figured out just when I should take my supplements. I think the iron was killing me! Lol! I now know that I have to take the heavy duty pills on a full stomach...not before.

Other than that, I don't know what could have caused the vomiting...unless you are allergic/sensitive to something....I think it was Carla who mentioned that she found out she was aspartame intolerant when she began this lifestyle.
cabotine, this is good advice. You might also be sensitive to soy. As an experiment, you could use 3 Strawberry packets one day (they only have whey isolate) and see if it makes a difference.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:39 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 198/168/?

Height: 5'2

Cool 2nd week on IP

feeling great, none of the side effects that were told to me That i may have. I have lots of energy, and also I have no cravings to the point where i have to force myself to eat, is this NORMAL
Old 01-16-2011, 08:33 AM   #149  

Default Help Please

So I've been calling numerous representatives in my area and none of them have gotten back to me and it's been two weeks. IP will only give you a certain amount of numbers so I'm at a lost... I live in Salem, Ma can anyone help me please
Old 01-16-2011, 08:56 AM   #150  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adnamaj View Post
So I've been calling numerous representatives in my area and none of them have gotten back to me and it's been two weeks. IP will only give you a certain amount of numbers so I'm at a lost... I live in Salem, Ma can anyone help me please
Did you call Ideal Protein or use the website?

If you called Ideal Protein's head office or regional manager, call them again and let them know what's happened, i.e. no response. You could ask them to call on your behalf to make an appointment or even [gasp] conference call the clinic right then and there! It's not good for the company to have distributors ignoring customers who WANT the products & service. How do you run a business by turning away customers with "cash in hand"?

If you used the website, you can trick it to get the names & numbers of more distributors. I did Here's 3 different ways:
  1. Check on a different computer ... coffee shop, family member, work, library, etc.
  2. Use different browsers, if you've got 'em installed ... Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome.
  3. You can also use the Private Browsing feature of modern browsers to prevent the storage of cookies. That way after you close your Private Browsing session the website doesn't know that you've visited it previously.
To activate Private Browsing, in ...
- Internet Explorer 8, use the shortcut Ctrl + Shift + P
- Mozilla Firefox 3.x, use the shortcut Ctrl + Shift + P
- Google Chrome, use the shortcut Ctrl + Shift + N
Closed Thread