Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 05:54 PM   #421  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
Sorry to be a downer, but have to share something that happened at my weigh in this past week ....

My coach occasionally has an assistant help her with weigh in days - which was the case this week.

First off the assistant wouldn't show me the results of my weight loss right away, then sits down, crosses her arms and legs, smiles and says "did you cheat this week?" I was so offended! I personally haven't had a single lick, bite or sip of anything non IP since I began! I found this attitude to be very demoralizing and shame based.

Then she measured me and stated that I had actually gained inches on my thighs since last month! How in the world is that possible when my pants are falling off my a**!!! She then measured again and wrote that my inch loss was the same number as before ...... what?? Very frustrating to say the least.

After this incident, I felt like a dismal failure and had to do a lot of self talk and remember my success so far. (and of course I came on here and got the much needed encouragement I really needed!!)

Really dreading next week's weigh-in in case she is there again.....

Any suggestions?
been through the same thing myself. Two weeks ago I had gained 3 lbs. and last week lost it to put me back to where I was two weeks prior. I am hoping and praying to have lost big time this week, it is so discouraging to gain or sit idle when you are forking over the big bucks it takes to be on this diet!
Old 03-14-2010, 06:56 PM   #422  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
been through the same thing myself. Two weeks ago I had gained 3 lbs. and last week lost it to put me back to where I was two weeks prior. I am hoping and praying to have lost big time this week, it is so discouraging to gain or sit idle when you are forking over the big bucks it takes to be on this diet!
Good Luck with your weigh in this week! I am sure you will do great! I think we all hit plateaus.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:23 PM   #423  

[QUOTE=WyoSun;3200243]N.. I have a booth in an antique mall in Spearfish and one in Rapid City...[QUOTE]

My old romping grounds...I went to college for a few years in Spearfish back in the 80's when Black Hills State was a college not yet a university. I always loved going to Deadwood...but "indulged" when I was there Ah, the 80's...
Old 03-14-2010, 07:31 PM   #424  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
Mom22, attached are the sheets Wagnomore wanted you to have.
Thanks Birman...I just printed these out too. Although I am quite a ways away from these phases, this information is helpful to have.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:33 PM   #425  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

WyoSky....Deadwood is all gambling now as you probably know. It is fun sometimes, but that feel of the "old west" is gone.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:04 PM   #426  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
WyoSky....Deadwood is all gambling now as you probably know. It is fun sometimes, but that feel of the "old west" is gone.
Good thing gambling was illegal when I was there or I would have probably over indulged in that too! Did you ever catch the series "Deadwood" on HBO? I know it wasn't everybody's cup of tea and there were some historical inaccuracies but I just loved it. In fact I have the whole thing on dvds.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:08 PM   #427  
Started IP March 1, 2010

I watched a little of the first episode, but it didn't do anything for me. Yeh, I can spend too much time and money over there. But, I have found that if I am sitting at the table enjoying myself and drinking my water I don't get hungry. I usually put a shake in the car and can run out there if need be, but I very seldom do......oh, the addictions.....food.......gambling. If I could just get addicted to housework!!!! I have heard some people are....
Old 03-14-2010, 08:59 PM   #428  

Hiya everyone. I went for my weigh in today and I was only down 2.8 lbs, so I didn't hit 40 lbs in 8 weeks like I'd hoped but I did lose 38.3 lbs in 8 weeks which is a perfectly great birthday gift if I do say so myself...

so happy birthday me, thanks for the gift!
Old 03-14-2010, 09:00 PM   #429  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

wagnomore - those phase sheets are so interesting
and helpful to know what lies ahead. Do you have one for phase 2 by any chance? Thanks.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:06 PM   #430  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hiya everyone. I went for my weigh in today and I was only down 2.8 lbs, so I didn't hit 40 lbs in 8 weeks like I'd hoped but I did lose 38.3 lbs in 8 weeks which is a perfectly great birthday gift if I do say so myself...

Happy Birthday Jordanna! and what a wonderful gift you gave yourself...I'm sure you've dreamed of such a gift!
Lucky you. Way better than CAKE!
Old 03-14-2010, 09:09 PM   #431  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Congratulations, Jordanna!! That's 4.7875 pounds per week!
Old 03-14-2010, 09:54 PM   #432  

S/C/G: 164.2/164.2/130

Height: 5' 6 3/4"

Quote:

Happy Birthday Jordanna!!

Keep up the great work!!

Take Care - LJHA
Old 03-14-2010, 09:58 PM   #433  

S/C/G: 164.2/164.2/130

Height: 5' 6 3/4"

I too am really tired still - I will be done my second week on Tuesday (16th). I am still waiting for all that energy everyone is talking about. I have not been exercising as per the Phase I two week plan. I hope to start exercising a bit again, but all I was to do is sleep. Someone told me 21 days to feel the change the and energy - is this true? When do you take your extra potassium supplement, and is it safe for our kidneys?

Thanks for all your help!!
LJHA
Old 03-14-2010, 10:29 PM   #434  
IP Start Date 11/18/2009

S/C/G: 191/145/140

Height: 5'9"

Fluffy Mama - hang in there...I have sat idle for a couple weeks - your body is just hitting a plateau...
Old 03-14-2010, 10:29 PM   #435  
Started IP March 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Jordanna and congratulations. That is awesome and reading your posts give me motivation. You have done so well.

I almost hate to say this with other people having problems, but I have not experienced the fatigue that is talked about. I have actually felt really good since I started this diet. Maybe my body was needing change so bad it just welcomed what I am doing. I am in my 3rd week and started doing some on the Wii today. I still feel fine. Hope this continues as I love the way the weight is coming off and how I feel.
Closed Thread