Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 12:13 PM   #391  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Hey, Birman - we have the same scale! (Why am I not that surprised?)
LOL. Me either! Years ago Tim Weisburg and Dan Fogelberg had an album called "Twin Sons of Different Mothers". I can relate.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:50 PM   #392  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

OK, my sister just added me to her facebook. I don't have a pic posted....well you know why. No one needs to see how heavy I am. I carry a lot of weight in my face!! So, I have a new goal: To get a picture posted on facebook that I am proud to say is me. I'm looking at accomplishing that by July 1. Just about the same time I slip into that teeny weeny bikini!!!! Not...
Old 03-14-2010, 12:56 PM   #393  

S/C/G: 252/215/165

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone,
I just started IP. Today is day 1. I found this site and have been reading it and try to catch up for the past 3 days. There is a lot of great info and amazing support here. Kudos to you all!!! You have all inspired me. I can wait until my first weigh in.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:56 PM   #394  

BlueMermaid and Birman--congrats on being well into onederland! That is awesome.

HoepfulTricia--I take two potassium each day to help with muscle fatigue and energy. I really helps

I find it humorous to read that muscle weighs more than fat--a pound is a pound. Muscle takes up less space than fat and burns calories, but they weigh the same. Similar to the question what weighs more, a pound of gold or a pound of feathers? Just my thoughts.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:16 PM   #395  

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC View Post
Maybe it is the exercise. I'm a guy....6 weeks and 15 pounds. I workout 5 hours/week at min (about a 50/50 split between lifting and cardio). I hate to think about it but it seems like many who are "slower" losing are the ones working out a bunch before and during this diet....?

I think I'll stick to my ~2 pounds week rather then give up exercise though. I'm on the diet to be better at the activities I love not the other way around.
I typically exercise 45 min, 4-5 days a week, split cardio and weights, my remote coach suggested I either take the first week off or cut back a bit, instead of spin class, walk on the treadmill, or use lighter weights, then start building back up to normal, to help my body get into ketosis quicker and jump start the process, I took a week off as i was tired in the beginning of my first week, now I'm feeling better, down 5 lbs, and will be back at spin class, just not pushing myself too hard, it may slow my loss a little, but I'll be taking a packet before I workout instead of eating breakfast after like i used too.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:39 PM   #396  
IP Start Date 11/18/2009

S/C/G: 191/145/140

Height: 5'9"

Default Good Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlee girl View Post
Hi everyone,
I just started IP. Today is day 1. I found this site and have been reading it and try to catch up for the past 3 days. There is a lot of great info and amazing support here. Kudos to you all!!! You have all inspired me. I can wait until my first weigh in.
The IP program will change your life. Hang-on...be patient...your first few days are the roughest as your body screams for the junk.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:26 PM   #397  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
LOL. Me either! Years ago Tim Weisburg and Dan Fogelberg had an album called "Twin Sons of Different Mothers". I can relate.
HA! I remember that album. I actually have their follow-on "No Resemblance Whatsoever."

Hey, you're still going to be kicking around the boards with the various flavors of IP folks out here, aren't you?
Old 03-14-2010, 03:28 PM   #398  
SWP

S/C/G: 177.8/169.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Maybe it is the exercise. I'm a guy....6 weeks and 15 pounds. I workout 5 hours/week at min (about a 50/50 split between lifting and cardio). I hate to think about it but it seems like many who are "slower" losing are the ones working out a bunch before and during this diet....?

I think I'll stick to my ~2 pounds week rather then give up exercise though. I'm on the diet to be better at the activities I love not the other way around.

That may be true. I work out 7 day a week where I run about 3.5 miles a day and I only do weights 2 to 3 times a week (with at most 5lbs). I shed about 1.5% of my body fat each week, but I wouldn't expect to gain much muscle with running and lifts 5lbs.
There's definitely truth to what everyone is saying...and I guess 2lbs a week isn't all that bad-it's better than nothing!
Old 03-14-2010, 03:33 PM   #399  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
stacerp....you are doing great. Our weight and goals are similiar....I have 3" on you though which helps me out. When did you start? I see you are my neighbor. Are you east or west river?

Thanks, WyoSun! I would LOVE to be 5'8". Maybe if I get some inversion boots..

I'm east river...way east. Sioux Falls is about 20 miles from the Minnesota and Iowa borders, at the intersection of I-29 and I-90. My sister lives in Gillette though, so I go by Sundance once in awhile. I graduated from Casper. Did you grow up there?
~Stacey
Old 03-14-2010, 03:36 PM   #400  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
I am with you on the fruity drinks. I have jello almost every night as my snack. I use 8 ounces of water in it though.
Does your jello set up then, or do you just drink it? I think I added too much water once because it wasn't setting up. Thatm or I was just being impatient. Totally plausible.. haha
Old 03-14-2010, 03:36 PM   #401  
Goddess of Research

S/C/G: 180/180/150

Height: 5'8

Unhappy Day 6 and still feel like a zombie

I have been so tired it is un believeable and it is getting worse as the week goes on. this is my 6th day on IP, and things have not gone well this week. I have followed the diet obsessively, but My migraines have gone defcon 5. I've been in so much pain and now, I'm so tired and weak I can barely function, not to mention depressed. I thought I was supposted to be getting energy by now... but with a diet of about 500 calories I don't see how this is sustainable. I just started my period today and I don't know if I need more calories than usual. I also usually do muai thai kickboxing and judo several times a week and i missed most of my classes this week which I HATE, but I don't know if my body needs more calories than most peoples. I have gone from 206 ( on day one) to 198 on day 6 and i was already in ketosis on day 2i could tell from my urine but i don't think i am now and i am not sure why. I am DETERMINED to stay on this diet and defend it tooth and nail but even my coach was saying yesterday that if she doesn't start hearing some positive results by tuesday she is going to think of changing me to another program to make sure I am not allergic to any of the stuff in the IP products. Is that possible? She has just never seen a reaction like this. I AM FRUSTRATED AND CORPSE LIKE EXHAUSTED,I am finally losing weight after my child, but i can't go on feeling like this. Does anyone have any thoughts?
Old 03-14-2010, 03:38 PM   #402  

I am trying to find information on why we can't exercise or why exercise would slow ketosis. I would think it would speed it up. really confused?
Old 03-14-2010, 03:42 PM   #403  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacerp View Post
Does your jello set up then, or do you just drink it? I think I added too much water once because it wasn't setting up. Thatm or I was just being impatient. Totally plausible.. haha
I usually make my jello in the early morning and don't eat it until late evening. With 5 oz of water it is too much like knox blox so I just kept adding water and I have these 2 cup glass dishes that I just now measured to be sure and am actually bordering close to 10 oz of water. Jello turns out great.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:45 PM   #404  

Quote:
No its this (they have a higher end one but the readings are the same on mine when I do it before I go in):
\[/url]
Thanks RJC! That looks really cool. I put it on my 'wish list' and will have to look into some more. I'm the research type so I will reading all of the reviews, etc., before I buy it
Old 03-14-2010, 03:52 PM   #405  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuayThaiGoddess View Post
I have been so tired it is un believeable and it is getting worse as the week goes on. this is my 6th day on IP, and things have not gone well this week. I have followed the diet obsessively, but My migraines have gone defcon 5. I've been in so much pain and now, I'm so tired and weak I can barely function, not to mention depressed. I thought I was supposted to be getting energy by now... but with a diet of about 500 calories I don't see how this is sustainable. I just started my period today and I don't know if I need more calories than usual. I also usually do muai thai kickboxing and judo several times a week and i missed most of my classes this week which I HATE, but I don't know if my body needs more calories than most peoples. I have gone from 206 ( on day one) to 198 on day 6 and i was already in ketosis on day 2i could tell from my urine but i don't think i am now and i am not sure why. I am DETERMINED to stay on this diet and defend it tooth and nail but even my coach was saying yesterday that if she doesn't start hearing some positive results by tuesday she is going to think of changing me to another program to make sure I am not allergic to any of the stuff in the IP products. Is that possible? She has just never seen a reaction like this. I AM FRUSTRATED AND CORPSE LIKE EXHAUSTED,I am finally losing weight after my child, but i can't go on feeling like this. Does anyone have any thoughts?
Have you been taking advantage of the 4th packet that is allowed the first week? How much water are you drinking? Are you using the sea salt? Are you taking the recommended supplements? These are a few reasons you could be feeling so bad but I'm sure you're coach went over all of this with you already, right? I was tired this past week and my coach said it was because I wasn't eating enough vegetables. Some meals I only had salad and some times I only had 1 cup of veggies with my salad. I wasn't getting in all the calories and nutrients I should have been. Just a thought
Closed Thread