Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 10:11 AM   #376  
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlescda View Post
I hope everyone has enjoyed this absolutely beautiful sunny day...at least in Ontario Canada. The whole week actually has been amazing.
Spring and nice loser fitting clothing are almost upon us.....now isn't that an incentive lol :-)
Hello from a fellow Ontario-ite!

I have to agree the weather has been spectacular! Definitely loving the option of wearing lighter winter clothing this year!
My winter parka hasn't had it's usual wear and tear!!
I have to say though that just wearing my lighter winter jacket makes me feel smaller!! lol!
Old 03-07-2010, 10:32 AM   #377  

I NEVER eat salads, in fact I don't think I've had a "salad" since I started....

A few times a week I'll serve my chicken over butter lettuce and I have taco cups or asian lettuce cups once or twice a week....sometimes if I'm really hungry I'll add some romaine lettuce to my stir fry to bulk it up...

So far I don't think it's affected my weight loss...but I guess I'll never know!
Old 03-07-2010, 10:34 AM   #378  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
Good morning everyone! So excited! My coach has arranged for the district coach to come and do an info session tonight! I have so many questions and am really looking forward to having them answered!!!

FYI:
Did the detox (laxatives) 2 nights in a row. Really got things "moving" if you know what I mean! Will incorporate the (more gentle) stool softeners into my plan daily to keep things moving along!!

Interesting to see if my coach was right about it helping the weight loss process. Sure hope so!!

Don't get me wrong - 2 lbs lost in one week is fantastic - but frankly, I want to see some bigger numbers!!! Her belief is that I am storing sugars in my body still, so the detox should have helped to eliminate them. Keeping fingers crossed!
Good Luck with getting going, lol. I have the same problem myself but do not really want to give my coach anymore money than I have to. The warm salt water first thing in the morning seems to be helping me the last few days. I think I will try to add some lettuce at dinner too.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:36 AM   #379  

Oh and Mystical - my coach gives us a free box of food for every person we refer. She also runs information sessions every couple of months and she gives you a $10 credit for every person you bring to it and an additional $40 if they sign up for IP! Oh and of course once in a while she has the weight loss contests where we get a free box of food if we lose a certain amount of weight.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:42 AM   #380  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
Have any of you referred others to join IP??

Since starting this program, I have referred several people to the progam. One person has already joined and another 2 are set to join in the next few weeks.

I know that some coach's offer a weigh loss incentive i.e lose x number of lbs and receive a box of free food etc. but does anyone's coach offer a referral incentive at their clinic?
My coach offers a free box for every referral. I have referred 2 people is all and due to the lack of privacy I don't think I will refer anyone else.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:46 AM   #381  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I NEVER eat salads, in fact I don't think I've had a "salad" since I started....

A few times a week I'll serve my chicken over butter lettuce and I have taco cups or asian lettuce cups once or twice a week....sometimes if I'm really hungry I'll add some romaine lettuce to my stir fry to bulk it up...

So far I don't think it's affected my weight loss...but I guess I'll never know!
Jordanna, I don't think the lack of lettuce has affected your weight loss. You have done amazingly well. Whatever you are doing seems to be working. There are some carbs in the lettuce we eat but I really enjoy having a salad at lunch and not sure I want to give that up. I would like to lose 5 lbs a week but am happy with 2-3.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:10 AM   #382  
dad

S/C/G: 244/178/174

Height: 5' 10"

Default Dinner at a restaurant last night

Next weekend my wife and I will be celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary.
But since she and our son will be out of town visiting relatives and I will be home with our daughter, we decided to go out last night.

We intended to leave the kids at home, and go to dinner and a movie. What ended up happening, was our daughter ended up spending the night at a friend's house, and my wife and I took our son to dinner with us. So we ended up just going to Outback and going home and watching Inkheart on the tv.

Didn't really work out the way we had hoped, but that's life with children.

Anyway....I ordered the 6 oz sirloin, with the seasonal veggies and opted for the green beans as my second side. I could tell the vegetables were seasoned with butter and they were SO good. I knew that was a cheat but felt no guilt whatsoever. That's a cheat I can live with.

And I still managed to lose half a pound yesterday.

Today is the first day of my sixth week and this morning I hit exactly 40 pounds lost...and now my BMI is below 30!

40 pounds down, 24 to go. Hopefully next Sunday I'll reach 199. If so, that will be my lowest weight in 9 years!

Keep up the great work ladies!

I'm off to church...

Scott
Old 03-07-2010, 11:24 AM   #383  

Yesterday was a tough day...slipped up while making my delicious carrot cake for an auction, it is glueten free but by no means carb free. I had to make sure it tasted ok since my sister had talked it up so much, right? Then struggled to make good choices until about dinner time.

The auction was a great success, my cake went for $290, made me feel good.

NSV--my mom doesn't usually comment positively about my weight, often it is the conversations about how she is so concerned for me and my health. Anyway, last night at the auction she said "your hair is so long and your face so skinny." What? Did I hear that correctly? I know that I have lost nearly 50 lbs and that it does show mostly in my upper body, neck, and face, but it felt good to hear it from my mom!
Old 03-07-2010, 11:27 AM   #384  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad View Post
Next weekend my wife and I will be celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary.
But since she and our son will be out of town visiting relatives and I will be home with our daughter, we decided to go out last night.

We intended to leave the kids at home, and go to dinner and a movie. What ended up happening, was our daughter ended up spending the night at a friend's house, and my wife and I took our son to dinner with us. So we ended up just going to Outback and going home and watching Inkheart on the tv.

Didn't really work out the way we had hoped, but that's life with children.

Anyway....I ordered the 6 oz sirloin, with the seasonal veggies and opted for the green beans as my second side. I could tell the vegetables were seasoned with butter and they were SO good. I knew that was a cheat but felt no guilt whatsoever. That's a cheat I can live with.

And I still managed to lose half a pound yesterday.

Today is the first day of my sixth week and this morning I hit exactly 40 pounds lost...and now my BMI is below 30!

40 pounds down, 24 to go. Hopefully next Sunday I'll reach 199. If so, that will be my lowest weight in 9 years!

Keep up the great work ladies!

I'm off to church...

Scott
Wow Scott you did great! I love the Outback! The hardest thing to resist there for me is the warm bread. We ate there a few times when we were in Tucson and when the waiter brought the bread I asked him to take it away. I don't think the little bit of butter hurt you in any way. Happy Anniversary to you and your wife.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:31 AM   #385  

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
Yesterday was a tough day...slipped up while making my delicious carrot cake for an auction, it is glueten free but by no means carb free. I had to make sure it tasted ok since my sister had talked it up so much, right? Then struggled to make good choices until about dinner time.

The auction was a great success, my cake went for $290, made me feel good.

NSV--my mom doesn't usually comment positively about my weight, often it is the conversations about how she is so concerned for me and my health. Anyway, last night at the auction she said "your hair is so long and your face so skinny." What? Did I hear that correctly? I know that I have lost nearly 50 lbs and that it does show mostly in my upper body, neck, and face, but it felt good to hear it from my mom!
That must be some cake to bring in that kind of money! We all will fall off the horse the important thing is we get right back on.

Your mom sounds like mine. She has a hard time figuring out something positive to say. I am sure you look terrific and your health is improving with every pound you lose. You are doing your body good! Keep up the good work!
Old 03-07-2010, 11:39 AM   #386  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
That must be some cake to bring in that kind of money! We all will fall off the horse the important thing is we get right back on.

Your mom sounds like mine. She has a hard time figuring out something positive to say. I am sure you look terrific and your health is improving with every pound you lose. You are doing your body good! Keep up the good work!
Thanks Bluemermaid. I think it is difficult for my mom, or for that matter my whole family, to understand how difficult losing weight is. I am the only person in why WHOLE family that has ever struggled with my weight (and I there are a lot of people in my family).
Old 03-07-2010, 11:43 AM   #387  

Congratulations Scott. You have done so well and are an inspiration. Happy anniversary also.

I had the orange crepes this morning and they were really good. I am sure they will be better when my WF order comes with the syprup.

When I come home from the grocery I clean and cut up my produce right away. I keep a large ziplok with cleaned veggies ready, so my mornings are easier. I usually separate my 2 cups of veggies into 1 cup mid morning and then 1 cup at lunch. Same for afternoon and dinner. Just helps to spread my food out.

As you all told me, my hunger has really been reduced as today is my 5th day. I weighed at home and am scared to report how much I think I have lost as I might jinx it! Tuesday is my first WI.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:52 AM   #388  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
My coach offers a free box for every referral. I have referred 2 people is all and due to the lack of privacy I don't think I will refer anyone else.
My coach offers a box of food free too. I have referred 4 so far and will have the 5th next week, I think. The last one was the manager at LOFT. I am a regular customer so she and I usually end up chatting. When she was ringing me out, she noticed the size 8 (yup-major NSV) pants and asked what I was doing. Told her about IP and have sent her the info.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:19 PM   #389  
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

has anyone become a member of the actual www.idealprotein.com website? There is a body diary section that looks pretty cool, but you need to be a member to login. In my eyes, I think my $81.00 per week should buy me a membership to this site!!! What do you think? lol!
Old 03-07-2010, 03:40 PM   #390  
Started IP 2-18-10

Height: 5'8

I had to have a IP drink this afternoon. I am in my 3rd week and for some reason today I was famished and with dinner hours away I had to do something. I have read that some of you do add in a packet when needed so I am praying that this one slip will not cost me on my weigh in this Thursday. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Last edited by sam0617; 03-07-2010 at 03:41 PM.
Closed Thread