Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2010, 03:23 PM   #346  
Senior Member
 
BevS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beavercreek, Ohio
Posts: 714

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
I still don't think I have it quite right. The url part won't go away and if I delete it then the ticker does not show?
Also, if you want the ticker to register your starting weight, current weight, and goal weight, click on "weight" instead of "weight change" under "track" on the page where you input your weights and height.
BevS is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 03:30 PM   #347  
Member
 
babs181's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 95

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Smile

Thanks for the hellos, day two of IP, other than the mild headache yesterday doing well, not really feeling too hungry as I drink a lot of water, and my coach (in another state since I'm doing to go) suggested hot tea before bed (decaf no sugar for me) to help with any hunger, I realized the headache was probably because I left my sea salt at home and didn't have any for lunch, but a second container to keep in my desk. Today I'm doing well so far, just was at the hair dresser and had a foot of hair cut off to donate, so I'm working on changing everything. The haircut was a little scary, but loads of compliments, looking forward to the same with weight loss. I'm saving as many of these recipes as I can, because while I'm not being too adventurous with cooking yet, and still liking all the ip foods I tried, I'm sure I'll get bored. Thanks everyone. Looking forward to having a tracker available to me.
babs181 is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 03:39 PM   #348  
Member
 
ksb001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 50

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by babs181 View Post
Thanks for the hellos, day two of IP, other than the mild headache yesterday doing well, not really feeling too hungry as I drink a lot of water, and my coach (in another state since I'm doing to go) suggested hot tea before bed (decaf no sugar for me) to help with any hunger, I realized the headache was probably because I left my sea salt at home and didn't have any for lunch, but a second container to keep in my desk. Today I'm doing well so far, just was at the hair dresser and had a foot of hair cut off to donate, so I'm working on changing everything. The haircut was a little scary, but loads of compliments, looking forward to the same with weight loss. I'm saving as many of these recipes as I can, because while I'm not being too adventurous with cooking yet, and still liking all the ip foods I tried, I'm sure I'll get bored. Thanks everyone. Looking forward to having a tracker available to me.
A FOOT of hair??? You already lost a few pounds right there! LOL

Good luck with IP, you're going to love the quick results!
ksb001 is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #349  
Senior Member 2/12/2010
 
HopefulTricia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 420

Height: 5'4"

Default

Into week 4 of this diet and I'm looking for cheats that don't hurt. Did the Hershey syrup w/5 carbs and cool whip w/3 carbs on diet jello. Don't think that was a good choice as I had lost no weight today. The portion I had was tiny.
Anyone know why we can't have diet soda? And I know we are to try to be at 0 carbs but are any ok? And yes I know there are some carbs in the veggies and salad but I'm talking about the fun carbs.
HopefulTricia is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 04:33 PM   #350  
Member
 
babs181's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 95

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksb001 View Post
A FOOT of hair??? You already lost a few pounds right there! LOL

Good luck with IP, you're going to love the quick results!
My head feels so much lighter, and so strange, it's been over 20 years since I've had hair this short. Just one more pound off this week though!!
babs181 is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 06:19 PM   #351  
Senior Member
 
BlueMermaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 425

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Also, if you want the ticker to register your starting weight, current weight, and goal weight, click on "weight" instead of "weight change" under "track" on the page where you input your weights and height.
Thanks Bev, I think I got it where I want it now.
BlueMermaid is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 06:22 PM   #352  
Senior Member
 
BlueMermaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 425

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Into week 4 of this diet and I'm looking for cheats that don't hurt. Did the Hershey syrup w/5 carbs and cool whip w/3 carbs on diet jello. Don't think that was a good choice as I had lost no weight today. The portion I had was tiny.
Anyone know why we can't have diet soda? And I know we are to try to be at 0 carbs but are any ok? And yes I know there are some carbs in the veggies and salad but I'm talking about the fun carbs.
Look for the diet soda sweetened with splenda. I don't know that you want to drink a lot of it but a little probably won't hurt. Someone mentioned something about the acid in it a while back. Maybe they will post again.
BlueMermaid is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 06:24 PM   #353  
Senior Member
 
BlueMermaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 425

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by babs181 View Post
My head feels so much lighter, and so strange, it's been over 20 years since I've had hair this short. Just one more pound off this week though!!
That was so sweet of you to donate your hair. Did you get it cut above your collar? Whenever I have cut mine I find I am always trying to pull it out of my shirts and coats and there is nothing there. Good Luck on your first week!
BlueMermaid is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 07:17 PM   #354  
Senior Member
 
skittlescda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Coldwater Ontario Canada
Posts: 113

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

I wonder why every once in a while I just stop getting email messages advising that posts have been made to this forum.....strange!! I look forward to the notices.

I hope everyone has enjoyed this absolutely beautiful sunny day...at least in Ontario Canada. The whole week actually has been amazing.

Spring and nice loser fitting clothing are almost upon us.....now isn't that an incentive lol

:-)
skittlescda is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 07:57 PM   #355  
Senior Member 2/12/2010
 
HopefulTricia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 420

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
Look for the diet soda sweetened with splenda. I don't know that you want to drink a lot of it but a little probably won't hurt. Someone mentioned something about the acid in it a while back. Maybe they will post again.
Thanks BlueMermaid. There are just some times when you want a glass of wine, but a splenda diet soda will suffice. I like having replacements for the things I know are really unhealthy for me.
HopefulTricia is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 08:43 PM   #356  
Member
 
babs181's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 95

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
That was so sweet of you to donate your hair. Did you get it cut above your collar? Whenever I have cut mine I find I am always trying to pull it out of my shirts and coats and there is nothing there. Good Luck on your first week!
It is above my collar, I keep going to pull it up and barely have enough to do so. Thanks!!
babs181 is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 08:54 PM   #357  
Started IP 2-18-10
 
sam0617's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 117

Height: 5'8

Default

If I have two cups of veggies with my dinner do I also have to have a salad? There are some nites I just C A N ' T seem to eat anymore salad.
sam0617 is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 09:02 PM   #358  
Started IP 1/8/10
 
swilk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 101

S/C/G: 192.5/166/130

Height: 5'4"

Default

Thank you for the advice on putting on the weight tracker, it's so much more motivating to have that to look at!

So, my boyfriend and I have decided that on Wednesday we're going to move into phase two in preparation to transition to a different diet (we haven't decided what yet). Today was one of the worst days I've had yet with the intestinal issues, dizziness, and intolerance of my medication, and I worry about continuing too much longer since my symptoms seem to be intensifying as I go. I am so desperate right now that I would transition tomorrow, but I'd like to finish out this week and weigh in (and use up some of the packets we bought). I'm hoping that I'll be able to take a month or so off and then come back on again (I like Birman's idea of mixing it up; I'd like to try again in May). I feel like I am in a good place now to follow a less restrictive diet: I'm accustomed to eating less, making better choices, and eating less sugar. My body is just screaming for a change in diet, and I'm resisting as much as I can to stay on track and get as far as I can with my weight loss, but after today I know that I have to make a change soon. I'm hoping a little break will be just what I need to get back on IP successfully, but having read stories on here about several people who have also felt sick on the diet, I also have to accept that it's possible that I've gotten to the point where my body won't tolerate it anymore. So, wish me luck as I move onto a more balanced diet and hopefully better health. I'll definitely stick around, especially on the "IP Break" thread that Birman set up.
swilk is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 09:03 PM   #359  
Senior Member
 
BlueMermaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 425

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam0617 View Post
If I have two cups of veggies with my dinner do I also have to have a salad? There are some nites I just C A N ' T seem to eat anymore salad.
I have not been having a salad at night. I have been reading on the internet today though and have come across things that say 2 salads a day. I think it is supposed to help with the constipation. I eat my olive oil at lunch with my salad and don't care for the walden farm's dressing to have salad at dinner. It will be interesting to hear from others on this.
BlueMermaid is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 09:05 PM   #360  
Senior Member
 
BlueMermaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 425

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilk View Post
Thank you for the advice on putting on the weight tracker, it's so much more motivating to have that to look at!

So, my boyfriend and I have decided that on Wednesday we're going to move into phase two in preparation to transition to a different diet (we haven't decided what yet). Today was one of the worst days I've had yet with the intestinal issues, dizziness, and intolerance of my medication, and I worry about continuing too much longer since my symptoms seem to be intensifying as I go. I am so desperate right now that I would transition tomorrow, but I'd like to finish out this week and weigh in (and use up some of the packets we bought). I'm hoping that I'll be able to take a month or so off and then come back on again (I like Birman's idea of mixing it up; I'd like to try again in May). I feel like I am in a good place now to follow a less restrictive diet: I'm accustomed to eating less, making better choices, and eating less sugar. My body is just screaming for a change in diet, and I'm resisting as much as I can to stay on track and get as far as I can with my weight loss, but after today I know that I have to make a change soon. I'm hoping a little break will be just what I need to get back on IP successfully, but having read stories on here about several people who have also felt sick on the diet, I also have to accept that it's possible that I've gotten to the point where my body won't tolerate it anymore. So, wish me luck as I move onto a more balanced diet and hopefully better health. I'll definitely stick around, especially on the "IP Break" thread that Birman set up.
Good Luck Swilk! I hope you feel better soon!
BlueMermaid is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:24 AM.

Terms of UsePrivacyAdvertiseContact Us3FC HomeModArchivePrivacy StatementTop

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.