Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 04:37 PM   #391  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Height: 5'5"

Swilk - I've also been having the digestive problems, stomach pain/cramps and constipation. I've been down to about 1 protein pack a day but otherwise eating very healthy. I'm slowly getting back to how I was before starting the IP diet...but eating much healthier and pretty well sticking to the IP diet but eating more veggies, salad, water etc.

I'm going to incorporate the "No Flour, No Sugar" diet with the IP diet starting tomorrow and see if that helps. I'm having surgery on March 19th and I need to get feeling better and not be having stomach problems and constipation because I'm sure once I start on pain meds after surgery....that will contribute enough in itself to constipation.

I'm still not getting notices of new posts here.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:44 PM   #392  
RJC

S/C/G: 250/235/225

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
If you want to find the men, you have to look for the people losing twice as much weight as the rest of us!
If only
Old 03-07-2010, 05:50 PM   #393  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam0617 View Post
I had to have a IP drink this afternoon. I am in my 3rd week and for some reason today I was famished and with dinner hours away I had to do something. I have read that some of you do add in a packet when needed so I am praying that this one slip will not cost me on my weigh in this Thursday. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
If you truly were that hungry, a 100 calorie IP drink is not going to hurt you. You made a good choice. I think our body lets us know what it needs and this diet is pretty limited calorie wise so a 4th protein now and again is not going to hurt anything.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:31 PM   #394  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
I had to have a IP drink this afternoon. I am in my 3rd week and for some reason today I was famished and with dinner hours away I had to do something. I have read that some of you do add in a packet when needed so I am praying that this one slip will not cost me on my weigh in this Thursday. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Sam, if I was "famished" I would have extra protein of some sort (like a protein drink) and not bat an eyelash. Extra protein isn't going to stall your diet. On the other hand, if you are not getting enough food, that could cause a problem with your diet.

If you are often famished often, perhaps try to see if you can get more bulk in your meals without significantly increasing the calories, carbs, or fat. A protein drink is great for convenience. But if you can get in more actual food that meets the diet principles, that will help with the hunger.

Still, I think most of us find that we aren't overly hungry on this diet. Could I ask what you ate for breakfast and lunch on the day that you became famished in the afternoon?
Old 03-07-2010, 06:49 PM   #395  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad View Post
40 pounds down, 24 to go. Hopefully next Sunday I'll reach 199. If so, that will be my lowest weight in 9 years!

Scott
Scott, I too am hoping to break the 200 mark this week. And for me too, it's been about 9 years since I have seen that number. I was noticing that JulesInOhio is about to break the 200 mark too. Wouldn't it be fun if the three of us could do it this week? party! party!
Old 03-07-2010, 07:49 PM   #396  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
has anyone become a member of the actual www.idealprotein.com website? There is a body diary section that looks pretty cool, but you need to be a member to login. In my eyes, I think my $81.00 per week should buy me a membership to this site!!! What do you think? lol!
Were you able to create a membership?
Old 03-07-2010, 08:39 PM   #397  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
The same thing happened to me one day in week 3 and I did the same thing. I drank a box vanilla drink, my favorites. When you think about what you used to eat when you weren't even hungry, an extra drink really isn't
a problem, right?? I am weighing in tomorrow. Hoping to continue the great results though my scale at home has been the same for a few days now. Guess that's why you aren't supposed to weight yourself each day!
Old 03-07-2010, 09:28 PM   #398  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I had originally set my birthday goal at 25 lbs, and then changed it to 35 lbs, but I just realized if I lose 4 lbs this week, and 4 lbs next week I will have lost 40 lbs before my birthday....

what an AMAZING birthday gift that would be for myself
You are doing so great!!! I think it is wonderful how focused and enthusiastic you have been.

I weigh in again tomorrow. My birthday is still 4 weeks away and I am right on track to reach my birthday goal too.

I made it into my size 12 pants and dresses on saturday. That was the first time in 13 years I have been able to do that. It still doesn't feel real. I only have 25 pounds left before I hit my final goal that I set in the beginning with IP.

SO, if you exceed your birthday goal weight loss by alot, have you thought of some special non-food related reward??? You certainly will have earned a treat!!

Carla
Old 03-07-2010, 09:35 PM   #399  
Started IP 2-18-10

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
If you truly were that hungry, a 100 calorie IP drink is not going to hurt you. You made a good choice. I think our body lets us know what it needs and this diet is pretty limited calorie wise so a 4th protein now and again is not going to hurt anything.
Thanks I feel much better.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:43 PM   #400  
Started IP 2-18-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
Sam, if I was "famished" I would have extra protein of some sort (like a protein drink) and not bat an eyelash. Extra protein isn't going to stall your diet. On the other hand, if you are not getting enough food, that could cause a problem with your diet.

If you are often famished often, perhaps try to see if you can get more bulk in your meals without significantly increasing the calories, carbs, or fat. A protein drink is great for convenience. But if you can get in more actual food that meets the diet principles, that will help with the hunger.

Still, I think most of us find that we aren't overly hungry on this diet. Could I ask what you ate for breakfast and lunch on the day that you became famished in the afternoon?
This was the first time I felt that way since being on the program. I am on day 4 of my 3rd week. For breakfast I had a cup of decaf black coffee with stevia and a chocolate IP drink. For lunch I had an IP drink, a salad with lettuce, 1 cup chopped green peppers, celery and some cucumbers with olive oil and apple cider vinegar dressing.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:48 PM   #401  
Started IP 2-18-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
You are doing so great!!! I think it is wonderful how focused and enthusiastic you have been.

I weigh in again tomorrow. My birthday is still 4 weeks away and I am right on track to reach my birthday goal too.

I made it into my size 12 pants and dresses on saturday. That was the first time in 13 years I have been able to do that. It still doesn't feel real. I only have 25 pounds left before I hit my final goal that I set in the beginning with IP.

SO, if you exceed your birthday goal weight loss by alot, have you thought of some special non-food related reward??? You certainly will have earned a treat!!

Carla
Nice going Carla! Can I ask you what date did you join IP?
Old 03-07-2010, 09:53 PM   #402  

Quote:
Thanks I feel much better.
I have a couple of pms days that I am a hungry maniac. I eat everything not nailed down. It is usually midmonth when I get like this. I thought as the first month went by things would be better but then this second month came and I was awful. I felt like I was physically hungry and nothing filled me up. I have extra proteins at work and the 1 day (thank god it wasn't 2) I woke up starving so I had a vanilla drink. I wake up at 4:30 am. I usually have a vanilla drink at 8:00 am so I had another one. Then I had the soy puffs (yuk) I don't even like them. Then finally noon came and I had a salad and the pudding I usually have. It still was not cutting it so I had some crisps. Somewhere in this day I had a bar too. Then dinner came and I went out for dinner. I ate more than I should have protein wise. Boy I was glad that day was over!
Old 03-07-2010, 10:14 PM   #403  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by libbyshims View Post
Hi. My name is libbyshims and I don't eat a salad everyday.

Whew! I said it. Seriously, I am not a big salad eater. I get my veggies, but am not consistent at all. I have not cheated (if you don't count not eating the salads) since I started IP 4 weeks ago. However, my losses have been slower than some on here.

My coach (who is very realistic-love her) told both my hubby and I when we started that it is best to follow the plan as it is laid out. However, if you have some drinks (hubby, not me) or don't get in all your foods (me not hubs), its not the end of the world, as long as you are aware that it may slow down your weight loss.

I definately have noticed differences in weeks where I eat veggies/salads/limit my restricted foods (5 pounds down) to weeks where I don't get all my salads/veggies, eat more restricted and don't keep a diary (2 pounds down).

Life takes over everyday for me at a different rate. Some days I get it right, and some days I dont and I am working (very hard) to be okay with that!
libbyshims, I love your attitude!
Old 03-07-2010, 10:20 PM   #404  
fluffymama

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad View Post
Next weekend my wife and I will be celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary.
But since she and our son will be out of town visiting relatives and I will be home with our daughter, we decided to go out last night.

We intended to leave the kids at home, and go to dinner and a movie. What ended up happening, was our daughter ended up spending the night at a friend's house, and my wife and I took our son to dinner with us. So we ended up just going to Outback and going home and watching Inkheart on the tv.

Didn't really work out the way we had hoped, but that's life with children.

Anyway....I ordered the 6 oz sirloin, with the seasonal veggies and opted for the green beans as my second side. I could tell the vegetables were seasoned with butter and they were SO good. I knew that was a cheat but felt no guilt whatsoever. That's a cheat I can live with.

And I still managed to lose half a pound yesterday.

Today is the first day of my sixth week and this morning I hit exactly 40 pounds lost...and now my BMI is below 30!

40 pounds down, 24 to go. Hopefully next Sunday I'll reach 199. If so, that will be my lowest weight in 9 years!

Keep up the great work ladies!

I'm off to church...

Scott
Scott, that is so awesome!!! I'm envious of you! congrats though!!
Old 03-07-2010, 10:31 PM   #405  
fluffymama

for some reason my weight tracker isn't showing up and when I go in and try to edit it the page says it is no longer available. Does anyone know what is going on with this?
Closed Thread