Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 09:59 AM   #736  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Sweetie View Post
Morning all,

I am so excited...just found out yesterday that I can do IDP To Go! I haven't ordered anything yet (probably later today or this weekend), and will start as soon as I receive everything. Thanks everyone for the tips on likes/dislikes, as well as recipes.

I am a little disappointed about the no exercise thing. While I'm not and never really have been, an avid exerciser, I was considering beginning Callanetics to help firm things up as I lose. I really would love to wear sleeveless this summer without the "bat wings" flying in the wind! In case you haven't heard of Callanetics b/4, it's basically controlled ballet movements/ pilate type exercises. There's no weight lifting and it's non-aerobic, so I wonder if this would fall into the no exercise rule??? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I was also considering doing the 100 day pushup challenge...found this on another thread here although can't remember the name of it at the moment... could be 100 day challenge? Anyway, the jest of this challenge is to work up to being able to do 100 pushups a day by day # 100. Do you think this exercise would be allowed? If so, anyone up for the challenge?

Better run. Sorry for the mini-novel.
I was an active "gym go-er" until a few months before starting this. My coach suggested not exercising to keep the weight loss momentum up. He reminded me that the pom-blue drink and the raspberry jelly (jello) are designed to help you skin tighten back into place. ALSO, he said, "if you must exercise, wait the first 3 weeks to a month. THEN start doing 2 slow walks about 10 or 15 minutes each. You may also do any exercise that doesn't leave you feeling fatigued, breathless, or like your heart rate is up. Ab exercises, very light toning of the arms, and such are fine." SO, you might try the callenetics and see how it effects you. YOU WILL KNOW pretty quickly if you aren't ready for exercise. Some people suggest adding another meal in the day if you are exercise and maybe one of them will chime in with how that works.

SOOO glad you can to the Ideal to Go plan! That's GREAT! I am sure you figured out everyone here will cheer you on!
Old 01-22-2010, 10:03 AM   #737  
Started IP Aug 4/09

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritiki19 View Post
Sylvie G,
You brought up another question I had. Can you take a "break" from Phase I and move for a few weeks to Phase 2 and then back to Phase I? I'm afraid I'll get sick of the Phase 1 foods before I reach my goal. Is that what you did?
Thanks for the advice on exercise too!
I wish it was what I did! As told by someone else, phase 2 is very similar to phase 1 and would not bring a change to the foods you eat. It may be better to have dinner at lunch if you want to change the routine once in a while! As for what I did on the Holidays, every since I had reach my first goal of 170, I went to phase 2, 3 and 4 to finish up the program. With the new year and the new me, thought I gave it a second try to loose another 30some. And I am still stalled at 167... for the last 4 days! (Yes, I do have the terrible habit on getting on the scale every morning!) Wonder how it will go this weekend, as I am going for a small familly trip to a friend's place...
Old 01-22-2010, 10:08 AM   #738  

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAlbertPrincess View Post
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen

I have been reading through all of your posts for a while. I decided that it was time to actually join in. I am on day 5 of the program and all in all it hasn't been too bad. The first few days were shaky at best but it is getting easier by the day. I must tell you guys that you are the reason I signed up for the program. All of the terrific losses, great meal ideas and all of the support you have for each other on this forum. I have a long way to go but it will sure make it easier having this forum.
Glad to be here with another Newbie! Welcome! My two tip suggestions are: PREPARATION, PREPARATION, PREPARATION & Stick to the plan, don't make room for excuses, see it as a treatment for long term result and NOT "just another great diet" and your success will be AMAZING!! The preparation bit is huge for me.

To prepare I cut all my necessary vegetable 2x a week so they are quick and easy to use, I pre measure my salt for the day to ensure I get it all in, I premeasure 3 liter bottles of water each night so they are ready for the next day and grab one whenever I leave the house. I keep my vitamins and supplements prepared for the week in a pill box with removable day slots so I can take the pills on schedule (it is by my kitchen sink) and take it with me if I need to go anywhere. I also grab a ziploc bag of veggies for a snack if I needed one. I keep a ziploc in my handbag with a couple waldens dressings I like, some small real salt packets, a few on program sweeteners I like (stevia for me), a few herbal/decaf tea bags, and 2 or 3 IP drink packets. I also always keep at least one extra prepared chicken breast ready in the fridge in the event I need to make a quick dinner.

Good luck with your first few stays. Just keep drinking your water, do things to relax your mind and stay focused! Day four and five feel really good and are worth the short detox window to get the program kicked off!!

Carla
Old 01-22-2010, 10:10 AM   #739  
IP Start Date: 12/16/09

S/C/G: 145/124/120

Height: 5' 2"

Swilk- You will so love your pug! They have such personality, I should try and figure out how to get her as my avatar!

MeghanO-Thanks for the words of encouragement! I lost 1.5 lbs this morning and the problem has been solved… I did the generic Peri Colace suggested by my coach. I am going to text her and tell her I want a reweigh (not really)! It will just make for a better weigh in next week. I will definitely be checking out your food on spark people, I didn't realize that was you!

Committed1- Congrats on your NSV (non scale victory)!
Old 01-22-2010, 10:10 AM   #740  
Started IP 1/19/10

S/C/G: 257.8/203.8/170

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAlbertPrincess View Post
Thanks Byrdie!

I totally understand about the desire to drink socially! My husbands birthday next week and his buddies are having a party for him. There will be so much wine and beer that I have to say no to. I am just going to keep the mindset that this is just a few months of no alcohol to have a lifetime in a better body. I am going to sip mineral water, enjoy the party and be the designated driver. I think you will be surprised how much fun it is to watch your friends get drunk and silly. Good Luck!

Haha! Thats a very good point! I am a very good "people watcher" so maybe I will get some entertainment out of it! Good Luck to you too! I'm gonna try to think this is a small sacrafice for an amazing outcome!!!
Old 01-22-2010, 10:13 AM   #741  

S/C/G: 175/133/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Green Peppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
callmecurvy, I've been eating 2 cups of raw green bell peppers. I never noticed the cooked part. Interesting.

Anyone out there can answer this?
My Coach clarified a couple of things with her head office. Here are some changes she made to the list:
Green peppers are OK. RAW or COOKED.
Also, Green cabbage is OK. It is actually lower in carbs than red cabbage.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:13 AM   #742  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdie09 View Post
Startin day 4! Things have been going so well. I am very nervous about the weekend though.. Im in my early 20's so I'm still in that going out every weekend stage and I know alcohol is not allowed.. I am honestly worried about overcoming this. My close friends and fiance know that I can't socially drink anymore and they are supportive but I still think its gonna be really hard passing it up. Especially since one of our friends birthday is Sat night and we are celebrating at the bar! ughhh I can't sit at home and be a loner because then I will just want to EAT!! haha.. Lose Lose situation here!
Does anyone have any advice or has anyone had similar issues?
YES!! Been there/done that comes to mind! Offer to be the designated driver! It will take the pressure off to drink. NEXT, order mineral water that night with a slice of lemon. It will feel like you aren't being excluded and you will keep yourself hydrated. FOR FOOD: find out where you guys will be eating then see if they have a menu online, review it and plan ahead for what you can eat, call the restaurant before you go if you need to and make certain they can do a simple chicken breast, steamed veggies, a salad with appropriate veggies, take your own WF packeted to go dressing or a dressing you make. If that is not an option use lemon or white vinegar and oil with salt and pepper. If not the restaurant can't accomodate, have your meal before you go. Take an IP drink with you and get a bottled water while you are out if you need to "mix" up something.

Good Luck! Remember this is about your health and don't be shy. EVERYONE will be so impressed with your results and your obvious strength & dedication! SUCH Willpower!!
Old 01-22-2010, 10:15 AM   #743  

Quote:
Welcome! I am on Day 4 of the program. Things have been getting better! I just joined the forum 4 days ago but have been using it definitely as a support system! Its nice to share the jouney with others! I wish you strength and luck through your process!
Way to go!! Keep up the good work!! Each day gets better after day 4!
Old 01-22-2010, 10:18 AM   #744  

Showgirlaz- THANK YOU!!! I have looked back, and can think of a number of things. Just got off that time of the month, was backed up, cheated the Sunday before and I was eating a lot of shrimp and fish, but got kind of sick of them, I will try to get some more in my diet this week! The veggies, I'm doing okay with and really trying to stay away from the 2x of week ones. Coach said my body may be getting used to what I'm doing, so I'm going to switch lunch and dinner around, and have a couple of the 2x a week veggies, since I've been eating a lot of the same ones. Great advice!

StAlbertPrincess- WELCOME!!! This forum has been a big support, good luck!

Byrdie09- I have been in situations like this, and what I do is have a packet, like pudding before the event, so I'm filled up. Drink lots of water, so you don't have the urge. If you are going to an event at a house, I always bring a side I'm able to eat. If not, pack a drink packet and a bottle of water, or have some veggies (or my turkey pepperoni chips) in the car for emergencies!
Old 01-22-2010, 10:21 AM   #745  

S/C/G: 186.5/150.2/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optichick1 View Post
The weather here is gettin a little better, so I thought I would start walking a few times a week. I know you are right about the resistance workouts, even with just a loss of 21lbs, I'm seeing some loose skin on my arms and legs.
I can't believe you are quitting smoking and staying on maintenence! That seems so hard! But with all you have already accomplished, you can do it!
Optichick: Thanks for the words of encouragement!! I had quit smoking for 1.5 years and started again in Aug/Sept. so I know I can do it, I just have to do it this time and not substitute mints for ciggs!! But I have learned such a good way of eating that so far it has not been a problem!!!

Keep up your good work!! You are doing really well!!!
It feels so good when you reach your goal!!! My mini goal now is to 1) maintain and 2) tighten up the wiggly bits for a great summer time season and the chance to wear shorts, sleeveless t's and shirts and any bathing suit that I like, with no wiggly bits!!!
Old 01-22-2010, 10:25 AM   #746  

S/C/G: 175/133/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
callmecurvy, I've been eating 2 cups of raw green bell peppers. I never noticed the cooked part. Interesting.

Anyone out there can answer this?
Quote:
Sorry I have SO many questions... but do you have to eat the snack after dinner or can you eat it before?
You can eat your food in any order. Just make sure you get it all in. I eat my snack between lunch and supper because this is my hungry time (always; even before any diets). It tides me over until I make supper. I have never been an evening snacker, and usually go to bed early (and get up at 4:30am). So this is what works for me.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:32 AM   #747  

This weekend and or next week, I'm experimenting with:

Turkey Burgers on my grill pan
Naked Boneless Chicken strips in the oven (replace Buffalo Wings)
Baked Brushed Eggplant (will post recipe in recipe thread)
Making Blackened Fish (I love it so I'm going to try it!)
Maybe try that Chicken Picatta
Try a pudding as a shake!
Old 01-22-2010, 10:36 AM   #748  

S/C/G: 212/192/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeghanO View Post
If you remember, I really beat myself up for my 1lb week last week. Had almost talked myself into quitting! Don't let it bother you. Review your food diary & buckle down. I am on sparkpeople with you, you can easily find me on the IP forum, my name on there is meghanalice. I fill out my food log on there if you need any ideas. I had been following yours.

About the BM issues. I am having the exact same thing. Gave myself a terrible case of hemmroids as a result, I have taking 3 FULL doses of Peri Colace over a week & got things moving but now I am ill, I think from the loss of water from taking it. My "NEW" coach recommended either 3-4 grams vitamin c or 2 T of Magnesium Citrate to help. Have not started either yet, but there are some ideas! My stomach had a new shape once things got ran out of my body! I think I weent 4 days in between BM's, painful!
The same thing happened to me and it was very painful...never had that problem before. I started the mag. citrate - 2 tsp. every day and I'm back to being normal. I got mine at walgreens and it comes in flavors. So it's not bad to take, at all.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:40 AM   #749  

S/C/G: 212/192/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeghanO View Post
If you remember, I really beat myself up for my 1lb week last week. Had almost talked myself into quitting! Don't let it bother you. Review your food diary & buckle down. I am on sparkpeople with you, you can easily find me on the IP forum, my name on there is meghanalice. I fill out my food log on there if you need any ideas. I had been following yours.

About the BM issues. I am having the exact same thing. Gave myself a terrible case of hemmroids as a result, I have taking 3 FULL doses of Peri Colace over a week & got things moving but now I am ill, I think from the loss of water from taking it. My "NEW" coach recommended either 3-4 grams vitamin c or 2 T of Magnesium Citrate to help. Have not started either yet, but there are some ideas! My stomach had a new shape once things got ran out of my body! I think I weent 4 days in between BM's, painful!
Quote:
Originally Posted by committed1 View Post
Have you (or anyone) tried the omelet in the microwave?

I got a box today thinking I could bring some veggies, steam them and then add the omelet. I don't really like cooking everything in the microwave, but it is my only choice at work.
No, I haven't made it in the microwave. I'm not sure it would work very well. But, many times I've made it before I go to work and take it with me. Then I warm it in the micro. That works really well and it still tasted great!
Old 01-22-2010, 10:46 AM   #750  
Started IP 1/19/10

S/C/G: 257.8/203.8/170

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
YES!! Been there/done that comes to mind! Offer to be the designated driver! It will take the pressure off to drink. NEXT, order mineral water that night with a slice of lemon. It will feel like you aren't being excluded and you will keep yourself hydrated. FOR FOOD: find out where you guys will be eating then see if they have a menu online, review it and plan ahead for what you can eat, call the restaurant before you go if you need to and make certain they can do a simple chicken breast, steamed veggies, a salad with appropriate veggies, take your own WF packeted to go dressing or a dressing you make. If that is not an option use lemon or white vinegar and oil with salt and pepper. If not the restaurant can't accomodate, have your meal before you go. Take an IP drink with you and get a bottled water while you are out if you need to "mix" up something.

Good Luck! Remember this is about your health and don't be shy. EVERYONE will be so impressed with your results and your obvious strength & dedication! SUCH Willpower!!

Thank you for the words of advice and wisdom. Embarrassingly enough that was the one thing I was apprehensive about before going on this diet was the no alcohol. My family is made up of all social drinks... Wine with dinner.. and I am a vodka drinker on the weekends. I knew it would be hard to give up that social habit but with a little preparation I think I can do it! Thanks again! I really needed some support on this issue!!
Closed Thread