Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 12:35 AM   #676  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

Wonderful posts! I got a few days behind so it has taken me awhile to catch up. Thanks for the input on the scales. Totally forgot about buying one today....(instead, went to look at SUV's).

Dispatcherliz- (I am a retired dispatcher)....I did eat 1-2 restricted a day...it slowed my weight loss down, but I never plateaued. I like the oatmeal in the a.m.,but it is also restricted. I have never tried the drinks (altho I might try that Pina Colada one now after the raves -- Just thought I would miss the rum!).

Mom22 - I, too, have a hard time getting in the water. Doc let me drink Crystal light for 16 oz of the water (even tho we are not supposed to have the aspartane). I only did that for awhile, and decided I liked the water better....I just need to drink more. I do put a slice of lime or lemon in it to look more appealing....or chill the glass....or serve it in a "pretty glass."

MeghanO - you have had a tough week....getting discouraged about your loss THEN losing your coach. You are an inspiration because you have perservered!

EchoBaby - I sure will be interested in the taste of the "sampler pack." I am still eating up some of the bars and cereals I bought from netrition.com before I went to Cleveland.

PrinCass - thanx for posting the link for Dr. Tans book. I couldn't find the link either....but I have now downloaded it. Did you print it out? Was wondering how many pages it has? I would rather read it curled up in a recliner than sitting here on the computer.

Felt good today even with only 3 hours sleep. Weigh in is tomorrow....I doubt if I have lost the whole amount I gained cuz I keep cheating here and there. Tonight I stopped at Bob Evans for a salad (looking at cars makes me VERY hungry)...but ended up eating a slice of cherry bread, too. Never had time for lunch...so hope it evens out.

Showgirlaz....we would love to see some of your recipes. I am still trying to find one that is a good tarter sauce. Tried it with WF mayo - yuk. Tried it with Greek yogurt (0% fat...few carbs...lots of protein.....)..better. A good steak sauce would be great too. I just doctor up Heinz SugarFree catsup...but can't figure out how to make it taste like A-1!!

Bought quite a bit of material in town today....since none of my summer clothes fit....no summer clothes are out in the stores here yet (maybe when the snow melts in May). I leave on March 26 for St. John USVI for a week...first trip by myself ever.....quite nervous about it all. Luckily, my husbands cousin lives on the island - even tho he works 6 days a week. After 36 years of marriage, it seems quite overwhelming to take a trip alone. Geez, really hope to be in maintenance phase by then.....mmmmm...conch fritters.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:39 AM   #677  

S/C/G: 220/218/170

Height: 5'7

Went last night to pick up my IP products last night so today is day 1!! I have gone back and read some of the threads so I would like to introduce myself to everyone. I am 30 years old and am from Northern New Jersey, I've had trouble with weight for a while now and I just can't take it anymore! I started this diet with my mom so we have each other for support, which is nice. I saw a few of you out there are dog lovers, as am I. My baby is an Australian Blue Heeler and is everything to me. They really are just like kids, lol. Anyway I am really excited about this diet thanks to all of your posts. I hope I will have some good news next week when I go get weighed in!!
Old 01-21-2010, 09:20 AM   #678  

S/C/G: 212/192/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by committed1 View Post
I am going tomorrow to buy more food and would like suggestions!! I am ready for something a little different. This is what I have tried:

Capuccino Drink (yum)
Blueberry, Cranberry & Pomegrenate Drink
Peach and Mango Drink
Butterscotch Pudding (super yum)
Mushroom Soup
Chicken Soup (ew)

I am limited to the Drinks, Puddings, Soups, Gelatin...and it seems like something else....oh, the Cereal. Not a real big cereal person, but if it is good, I may try.

Does anyone have a favorite?
Have you tried the omelet? It isn't restricted and is actually pretty good. I saute a little bit of onion and usually mushrooms or broc first and then add the omelet to the pan. Since I don't use my skim milk in my coffee, I also add a little bit of skim milk cheese to the top when it is almost done. I love it and have it for lunch 2-3 times a week, cause I can't stand the soups. I also love the prepared choc and vanilla drinks. That's what I have for breakfast every morning.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:22 AM   #679  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Alihal, welcome! You and your mom will lose weight on this program. And very cool on the blue heeler....from one of the dog lovers. I look forward to hearing more from you, especially on the foods and such.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:41 AM   #680  
Started IP 1/19/10

S/C/G: 257.8/203.8/170

Thanks for all the wonderful posts. I really enjoy reading everyones comments suggestions and stories! It has really HELPED feeling like I have a support team!! I am beginning day 3!! Things are going pretty well so far. I ate breakfast a little late this morning and was kinda hungry but Im feeling better now! I have been really slacking off on the lettuce. We don't have the WF dressing in our grocery stores.. but Im gonna try to fix a big thing of dressing this weekend! Anyway thanks again! Hope everyone is having a wonderful Thursday so far!!
Old 01-21-2010, 10:55 AM   #681  

Byrdie09, you can order walden farms online. www.netrition.com is just one place. I personally can't stand any of their products, and I have indeed given them more than one shot. If you go to the recipes sections there are homemade IP compliant (except calories, etc) in there. I believe they are on or about page 1 and page 7. Don't quote me. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...t-recipes.html Enjoy!
Old 01-21-2010, 11:18 AM   #682  
Started IP 1/19/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by alihal View Post
Went last night to pick up my IP products last night so today is day 1!! I have gone back and read some of the threads so I would like to introduce myself to everyone. I am 30 years old and am from Northern New Jersey, I've had trouble with weight for a while now and I just can't take it anymore! I started this diet with my mom so we have each other for support, which is nice. I saw a few of you out there are dog lovers, as am I. My baby is an Australian Blue Heeler and is everything to me. They really are just like kids, lol. Anyway I am really excited about this diet thanks to all of your posts. I hope I will have some good news next week when I go get weighed in!!
Just wanted to say Hello and Good Luck! I am on day three! So far so good!
Old 01-21-2010, 11:39 AM   #683  

I'm just starting day 4 on IP and I'm feeling really good today, I wasn't even hungry when I woke up I got my husband to pick me up some ketostix because who doesn't like experimentin' in the morning! It told me I was in moderate ketosis this morning so that's good!

I jumped on the scale and found out I'd lost 8.6 lbs already! If anything is going to keep me going in my first week it's a # like that

Hope everyone has a great day!

Oh ya and I was just wondering - my vanilla extract has alcohol in it so that's something I can't use right?
Old 01-21-2010, 12:00 PM   #684  
IP start 1/11/2010

S/C/G: 226.6/176/140

Height: 5' 2"

Default Exercise?

I find myself posting mostly questions so I would like to take a brief moment to thank everyone for the posts. They are always so helpful! I've been on IP for 2 1/2 weeks now and according to my home scale am down 12.8 pounds so far. I go in tomorrow for my "official" second weigh-in with my coach. I feel great and have found that my cravings have subsided. For those of you in your first few days...stick with it! I promise it will get easier and you truly won't miss any of the junk you used to eat. You will have some minor struggles along the way, but just stay strong and read these posts if you need inspiration!

Now for my question....before I started the program I had been doing very intense workouts. I actually stopped exercising in November and didn't start IP until January, so it's been awhile. My coach told me no exercising, more than a very light walk, for the first month. I'm wondering what I can do after that? I want to add some cardio and weight lifting and would like to know what anyone else does. I'm sure my body will let me know when it's too much! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks again and keep up the great work!!!
Old 01-21-2010, 12:02 PM   #685  
Started IP 1/19/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
Byrdie09, you can order walden farms online. is just one place. I personally can't stand any of their products, and I have indeed given them more than one shot. If you go to the recipes sections there are homemade IP compliant (except calories, etc) in there. I believe they are on or about page 1 and page 7. Don't quote me. Enjoy!
Thanks! I think i might just try the recipes! I don't know if can afford to order anything else! haha and If im not gonna like em! Better to stick with something i made!
Old 01-21-2010, 12:13 PM   #686  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

S/C/G: 233/149./140 START IP 10/24/09

Height: 5' 2.5"

Talking Happy

torchlaker
No, I didn't print the book its easier for me to just reference back by the computer ....less clutter! (75 pgs)

Echobaby
I just placed my order on http://newlifestylediet.com/weightlossdietplan.aspx I'm so excited to "Save" money.

Lots of great suggestions from everyone...Thanks bunches. You are all the best.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:18 PM   #687  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

Red face working out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritiki19 View Post
I find myself posting mostly questions so I would like to take a brief moment to thank everyone for the posts. They are always so helpful! I've been on IP for 2 1/2 weeks now and according to my home scale am down 12.8 pounds so far. I go in tomorrow for my "official" second weigh-in with my coach. I feel great and have found that my cravings have subsided. For those of you in your first few days...stick with it! I promise it will get easier and you truly won't miss any of the junk you used to eat. You will have some minor struggles along the way, but just stay strong and read these posts if you need inspiration!

Now for my question....before I started the program I had been doing very intense workouts. I actually stopped exercising in November and didn't start IP until January, so it's been awhile. My coach told me no exercising, more than a very light walk, for the first month. I'm wondering what I can do after that? I want to add some cardio and weight lifting and would like to know what anyone else does. I'm sure my body will let me know when it's too much! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks again and keep up the great work!!!

We have the Wii fit plus.....which is really helpful. It weights you in, shows your BMI and gives you workout suggestions. Plus its fun.....its good for those of us that don't want to work out.....just a suggestion.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:40 PM   #688  

Princass, getting nosey here and if I am being too nosey sorry. What did you order from newlifestylediet? I am thinking of placing an order. I placed one with Lindora, which is way cheaper. Hasn't arrived yet though.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:56 PM   #689  
Started IP 1/19/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I'm just starting day 4 on IP and I'm feeling really good today, I wasn't even hungry when I woke up I got my husband to pick me up some ketostix because who doesn't like experimentin' in the morning! It told me I was in moderate ketosis this morning so that's good!

I jumped on the scale and found out I'd lost 8.6 lbs already! If anything is going to keep me going in my first week it's a # like that

Hope everyone has a great day!

Oh ya and I was just wondering - my vanilla extract has alcohol in it so that's something I can't use right?
Wow thats amazing!! Congrats!!
Im not sure about the vanilla-- Sorry!
Old 01-21-2010, 01:06 PM   #690  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
Princass, getting nosey here and if I am being too nosey sorry. What did you order from newlifestylediet? I am thinking of placing an order. I placed one with Lindora, which is way cheaper. Hasn't arrived yet though.
$200.00 in pre-made shakes.....MY FAV!!! If you order 200.00 you received free shipping...I"m a sucker for free shipping....Hahaha! But I know they will not go to waste because I plan to stay on plan until right around June. I already want to change my goal to 140 which is a more health weight/BMI. And I figure if I keep up with the 3 pounds per weeks I should be there with no problems. Its truly so easy whats another 20 lbs!!?

About both Lindora and newlifestyles...in my option (I need the medical/pharmacitical people to help me on this) ....is most of their products contain ingredients they are using chemical sweeteners and corn syrups...which again in my option are really unhealthy and I cannot imagine loosing weight with these ingredients. Please any thoughts/?

What did you buy from Lindora??
Closed Thread