3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Diet - Monthly Chat - November 2009 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/185492-ideal-protein-diet-monthly-chat-november-2009-a.html)

SylvieG 11-04-2009 12:00 PM

Hello to all - newbies and previous members! I started IP August 3 2009 and I am 36 y. o.

Went to my weigh in last night and lost another 7,25# in 2 weeks to a record low of 185#!!! Last time I weighed that much was in college! This should allow me to wrap-up the program before Christmas with accelerated phases 2 and 3... unless I go for another 20#... As anyone left the program for a few months and started it over again? Have you kept your 1st goal weight in the in between period? Don't know what to do anymore... It has been so long since I weighed that low that sometimes I don't recognise myself!

To keep "things" moving, I had to take a laxative at two occasions in 3 months... Now, the "issue" seems resolved...

This is worth the effort! I am worth it and so are you!! :hug:

chjsmom 11-04-2009 12:29 PM

What supplement is everyone taking? Are you taking the supplements IP recommends? Multi-vitamin, cal-mag, potassium-calcium, omega III, anti-oxy, enzymes?

disneynerd 11-04-2009 01:09 PM

Thanksgiving vs. Ideal

Hi Everyone,
I will be heading out after work to an Ideal Protien diet meeting at a local doctors office. I was wondering if its a good idea to start this before the holidays set in. I am motivated after reading all these great posts. I've done Jenny, WW, Nutri system and bead diet. I have lost weight on all 40-50 lbs, then gained them back. I trying to to figure out why I can't keep it off. Am I crazy for starting another 'diet'? I think I need Jillian shouting in my face to figure out why! Or a shrink? :?: Anyway, I know I can follow any plan but is this the golden ticket? How much should I expect to pay tonight if I begin?
I don't want to be labeled 40 and fat. Help!:cry:

PRINCASS 11-04-2009 01:27 PM

Great work!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SylvieG (Post 3000351)
Hello to all - newbies and previous members! I started IP August 3 2009 and I am 36 y. o.

Went to my weigh in last night and lost another 7,25# in 2 weeks to a record low of 185#!!! Last time I weighed that much was in college! This should allow me to wrap-up the program before Christmas with accelerated phases 2 and 3... unless I go for another 20#... As anyone left the program for a few months and started it over again? Have you kept your 1st goal weight in the in between period? Don't know what to do anymore... It has been so long since I weighed that low that sometimes I don't recognise myself!

To keep "things" moving, I had to take a laxative at two occasions in 3 months... Now, the "issue" seems resolved...

This is worth the effort! I am worth it and so are you!! :hug:

Amazing result! Do you have any before and after photo's you can share?? :carrot:

I started IP on 10/24/09 and have felt wonderful since day 1, however today I woke up with a major headache and I notice back/kidney pains l:(ast night ......has anyone experienced these side effects? Also,, my acne has been horrible......can anyone relate?
:?:

PRINCASS 11-04-2009 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chjsmom (Post 3000408)
What supplement is everyone taking? Are you taking the supplements IP recommends? Multi-vitamin, cal-mag, potassium-calcium, omega III, anti-oxy, enzymes?

I do take supplements but not the IP recommended ones:sssh:. . They were $21.00 a bottle which seems pretty ridiculous to me. So I just bought some from GNC . Just an FYI, If I don't take supplements I feel like crap! Do you take any?? :chin:

PRINCASS 11-04-2009 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disneynerd (Post 3000488)
Hi Everyone,
I will be heading out after work to an Ideal Protien diet meeting at a local doctors office. I was wondering if its a good idea to start this before the holidays set in. I am motivated after reading all these great posts. I've done Jenny, WW, Nutri system and bead diet. I have lost weight on all 40-50 lbs, then gained them back. I trying to to figure out why I can't keep it off. Am I crazy for starting another 'diet'? I think I need Jillian shouting in my face to figure out why! Or a shrink? :?: Anyway, I know I can follow any plan but is this the golden ticket? How much should I expect to pay tonight if I begin?
I don't want to be labeled 40 and fat. Help!:cry:

I think starting as soon as you can. The sooner the better. How would it be to be at your goal weight on New Years and not be making the resolution to lose weight!!!! :p

And about the regain I think maintence is so important. Will you have a coach during your IP process??

I've been paying $27.00 a box (7 packets) which you are to consume 3 packets a day. So it averages out to about $4 something a meal which is right about what a cheese burger would cost you!!

Good Luck with you new plans!!!

Gink 11-04-2009 01:46 PM

Hi Everyone!

I am 33 - just had my birthday on monday :) So great to see everyone on this forum - so helpful!

I am having some trouble getting back on the wagon after my unintentional 2 week hiatus. I have my weigh-in on Thursday. I have maybe only lose a pound or two in the the last two weeks - at least I didn't gain.

For those of you that have been sticking with it - KEEP IT UP!! The momentum is so helpful....although you may not recognize that until you fall off the wagon like I did.

As far as supplements - my doctor right now is strongly advocating for vitamin D. I'm currently taking 4000IUs right now and would recommend that to you guys as well! It's super-cheap - just buy a big bottle from Costco. They have the little gel tab thingys (the gel is better than the hard pill according to my Dr.) and they come in 2000IUs so you just take 2 a day.

Good luck this week everyone!

And Josh: you can do this!!! The first week is really hard - I cried a couple of times from the headache but it does get better and you won't believe how good you feel!

vallygirl 11-04-2009 02:03 PM

I heard about ideal protien from a friend who heard it from a family member and I really like it. I find it easier to completely deny myself certain things than it is for me to limit them. and I do use the IP supliments. Thanks for the encouragment and suggestions

chjsmom 11-04-2009 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRINCASS (Post 3000523)
I do take supplements but not the IP recommended ones:sssh:. . They were $21.00 a bottle which seems pretty ridiculous to me. So I just bought some from GNC . Just an FYI, If I don't take supplements I feel like crap! Do you take any?? :chin:

I don't start until Friday, but I do take some supplements from GNC. I think I'm going take them to my appt. tomorrow and see how they compare to the IP recommended ones.

vallygirl 11-04-2009 02:08 PM

By the way Josh i had a really hard time the first couple of weeks but I found that if I took my suppliments with really warm water with a bit of sea salt in it that really helped with the headaches

magenta 11-04-2009 02:41 PM

Someone was interested in help with veggies... I just posted a couple of ideas for zucchini in the Sticky Recipes area. Ü

echobaby 11-04-2009 02:45 PM

welcome, Josh!

vallygirl, try steaming your veggies in fat free chicken or beef broth with all your seasonings. 100% improvement on steaming in water. And only 5 cals, less than 1 carb per cup. This also improves the taste of the soups.

Found out about IP from this site, but I'm doing it independently, with no coach. I am 46.

MontanaMom 11-04-2009 03:14 PM

Hi everyone..cool to see so many new people on this forum. The news of this diet must really be spreading. I am certainly happy with it. I lost 4 lbs this week so that makes 21 lbs in 6 1/2 weeks. Last week I lost more inches than pounds, and this week I lost more pounds than inches. Not sure how that works out, but as long as it's a loss somewhere I'm happy! Thanks for all the sharing.
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar098...6/126/135/.png

disneynerd 11-04-2009 03:28 PM

thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRINCASS (Post 3000533)
I think starting as soon as you can. The sooner the better. How would it be to be at your goal weight on New Years and not be making the resolution to lose weight!!!! :p

And about the regain I think maintence is so important. Will you have a coach during your IP process??

I've been paying $27.00 a box (7 packets) which you are to consume 3 packets a day. So it averages out to about $4 something a meal which is right about what a cheese burger would cost you!!

Good Luck with you new plans!!!

thanks Princass, you nailed it when you said think about New Years and not losing the weight. You just made the decision for me. :carrot:

Mom22 11-04-2009 03:38 PM

I had my first week weigh in yesterday and lost 5.5lbs - I'm so happy. Getting weighed and measured really helped with my motivation and things seem to be easier this week. I even went out for lunch today - had a sald with grilled chicken breast - it was really good - might be because I didn't have to cook it.

So many great stories on this site - I just love hearing from all of you regarding your progress, challenges and solutions. Keep it up!

Optichick1 11-04-2009 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom22 (Post 3000734)
I had my first week weigh in yesterday and lost 5.5lbs - I'm so happy. Getting weighed and measured really helped with my motivation and things seem to be easier this week. I even went out for lunch today - had a sald with grilled chicken breast - it was really good - might be because I didn't have to cook it.

So many great stories on this site - I just love hearing from all of you regarding your progress, challenges and solutions. Keep it up!

So if you go out for lunch, what do you do for dinner, just have a soup or pudding or something?

20bydec 11-04-2009 06:12 PM

coconut oil

I've seen some posts about using coconut oil? I looked at hte label and didn't notice much difference between that and other oils? Does anyone know why coconut oil is recommended?

df1960 11-04-2009 06:25 PM

Hi everyone! I started IP on Friday October 30/09. I'm 49 years old. As far as how I heard about IP, I basically opened the phonebook and saw their ad. IP's main office is in Gatineau, Quebec and that's where I go.
First weigh in tomorrow after work. So far the first week has been pretty good. I love the oatmeal, that's what I have every morning, the omelet is very good also, that's what I've been having for lunch. What do you guys have for lunch. Breakfast & supper no problems, but lunches at work ????

Optichick1 11-04-2009 07:48 PM

I made cauliflower "mashed potatoes" tonight to go with my 5 oz of turkey breast. I used to make it all the time, but used cream or milk and butter. Well, this time I used butter spray, sea salt, ground pepper and a tiny tad of fat free half and half. It was really good. I could have it every night! Made me feel like I was having something really special! LOL!

Sandrab 11-04-2009 08:17 PM

hi there ~

coconut oil - our coaches sell it at there office and we were told by IP worker to use coconut oil for frying and Olive oil for salads etc. i asked why and was told that olive oil goes rancid when heated above a certain temperature...i posted this before and many disagreed, but this is def what we were told....

alcohol - i had a "planned" cheat weekend this past weekend and the nature of my cheat was mainly with alcohol. the decision is based on how worth it is to you. i had been on diet 6 weeks already, never cheated once. had a family wedding event planned long time ago. i decided it was worth it and that the occasion would be more fun with a few drinks. i followed advice i was given and went off for the weekend (sat and sun) but immediately resumed on monday. i did not go "overboard" at all on food. so i did not lose any that week, but i did not gain. it is not like WW where you are allowed an occasional drink!! darn...but i need to do what keeps me going on the diet and christmas will be my next day off...and yes i will have a few drinks then too! but i could not justify losing a weeks work unless it was a very important occasion...

torchlaker - no issues getting back on. never really felt like i went off being such a short time. it felt good to just kick back and have an evening of enjoyment and felt it was kind of a reward for good effort. its all in the mindset i guess, i would not have chanced going off if i didnt know 100% sure that i wanted to be on this diet...

ukandewit 11-04-2009 08:26 PM

I cheated 2 weekends ago, had a few drinks, and **gasp** stopped for Taco John's afterwards in a moment of weakness. (I think that's the greatest risk as far as the diet is concerned) I still lost though...5.6 lbs. Although the week before that I only lost 1 lbs. So...it averaged out ok.

Wondering what everyone has lost at each weigh in? Mine have seemed to vary A LOT:

Week 1 - 10 lbs
Week 2 - 5.8 lbs
Week 3 - 1 lbs
Week 4 - 5.6 lbs (this was after my cheat)
Week 5 - tomorrow morning...I don't anticipate a lot, if any. I've been so good avoiding my daughter's Halloween candy all evening, but I wake up in the middle of the night (to use the restroom) and zombie walk to the kitchen. Any other night-eaters? Any hints for that? (I did good last night - I was tempted - but went straight back to bed!)

vallygirl 11-04-2009 09:52 PM

hi everyone! I weighed in again today and lost another 4 pounds so that makes almost 21 in four weeks. News like that makes the strugles worth it. I tried weight watchers and never lost more than 2 lbs a week no matter how hard I treid or how much I exercised. This program works for me because I really don't have to THINK about food as much so I don't get the carvings or frustrations as bad. I'm not sure where to go to find these recipe posts so if someone could help me with that it would be great.

torchlaker 11-04-2009 10:11 PM

SandraB: I had a piece of pumpkin pie last week (oops) and suffered no ill effects either. Just really had a problem with that one weekend. I thought I had taken enough IP products with me, but I ran out!!

I really hate to put when I started IP -- because I actually started cutting back on my own August 1st. I KNEW what IP entailed, and I was worried I wouldn't be able to give up diet pop and OJ....I actually have lost 24# in 9 weeks on IP...so I am averaging a bit less than 3# a week. It would be faster if I didn't have 2 restricted a day...but that is what gets me thru...and my choice, I guess.

I was never told we could have coconut oil. I have just used olive oil for everything...but not going over 2 T. a day (I was told that was my limit). I take the IP supplements. GNC is a 45 minute drive for me....The multi is about what I was spending on a multi anyhow. I was told by doc this week that I am deficient in D-3. I have been taking 1000uts a day, and she wants me to bump it up to 3000uts. I guess nearly everyone up here in upper Michigan is D-3 deficient (we don't get much sun in the winter...and there sure hasn't been any this fall).

I heard about IP from my doctors nurse. She had told me they were researching a diet last year. When she said I had to buy the products from them, I kinda forgot about it. Been thru that with 2 other diets and everything tasted like *&^&. When I went in to see doc about something else, I heard some girls in the waiting room talking about IP. One gal had had bariatric surgery and had gained some back. She said she was losing as fast as she did after the surgery. I spent the next month researching it (everyone was trying to talk me OUT of it because of the expense). I still hate the expense, but it IS working for me. I think the weekly weighins and personal coaching really help me.

PrinCass: Boy, I never thought about that. Wouldn't it be amazing to NOT say on New Years Eve that I had to lose weight? Gosh, with some luck, I should be at goal by then. BUT I suppose it is like smoking (yeah, I still smoke)....There is really no good time to quit, is there?

Right now, I am not entirely certain what I will do for the holidays. I will be staying at 2 different sisterinlaws, and with my son....and will be gone about 3 weeks. I have not yet cheated with alcohol (and that was tough because nearly everyone on our weekend was having wine in the evening), so I don't know how that would affect me. I bought a pina colada drink but haven't tried it yet cuz I KNOW I would want rum in it.

Optichick1 11-04-2009 10:12 PM

Thanks for your input about the alcohol....sandrab and ukandewit....I hate it that this get together is before I even finish 2 weeks! But I know myself and I will be able to eat okay...they have already planned the menus around me, but I won't be able to sit there and not have some wine. Hopefully, I will practice moderation. :) and won't gain anything. Then I'll have 3 weeks before thanksgiving.

Optichick1 11-04-2009 10:14 PM

Torchlaker...what do you mean by 2 restricted each day?

PRINCASS 11-04-2009 10:16 PM

Hope this helps

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallygirl (Post 3001201)
hi everyone! I weighed in again today and lost another 4 pounds so that makes almost 21 in four weeks. News like that makes the strugles worth it. I tried weight watchers and never lost more than 2 lbs a week no matter how hard I treid or how much I exercised. This program works for me because I really don't have to THINK about food as much so I don't get the carvings or frustrations as bad. I'm not sure where to go to find these recipe posts so if someone could help me with that it would be great.

The easiest way for me to find any threads on IP is to go to the search option (in purple at the op of the screen) and type Ideal Protein. It brings up anything that has been discussed about IP and also the :hun:Recipe link your asking about! :cbg:

PRINCASS 11-04-2009 10:30 PM

@torchlaker You Make me giggle!:lol: I'm not much of a drinker but now that I know I cannot have it, it seems more tantalizing! :dust:
Its crazy how your mind plays tricks on you. Threw this hole IP process (10 days) I've wanted things that I haven't even ate in forever....like marshmallows.. YUK... but I've gotten past it day by day. I just made my family an oreo pie and don't even care if I have some because I know my goals. It feels really good to have :dust:

Thank you all for the updates and wonderful stories. I hope we all do amazing!!:cheer::carrot:

Mirazon 11-04-2009 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torchlaker (Post 2999514)
So NOW I am officially past the lowest weight I have been in 17 years!

Congratulations!!! I'm glad you found this program and are having success. You're an inspiration ;)

Mirazon 11-04-2009 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gink (Post 3000546)
I am 33 - just had my birthday on monday...I am having some trouble getting back on the wagon after my unintentional 2 week hiatus.

Happy belated Birthday :). You should be pleased you came back to IP after only a 2 week break. In the past some of my unintentional breaks have lasted for months or years!!! Wishing you all the best at your next weigh in.

joshb 11-05-2009 02:45 AM

Hey guys!!
I finally got my blog up and running! I am on day 2!
Yall can comment on it and stuff too and even see the pic of me thats gonna be our poster for our fundraiser!

http://www.blogger.com/profile/14753110422805111106

chjsmom 11-05-2009 07:43 AM

Today is my IP appt. I am so excited. I have read everyones posts and can't wait to jump in there with you all. Seems like I have tried everything to lose weight. I feel so hopeful and know this time I will do it!!! We all will.:carrot:

coolbreeze 11-05-2009 09:29 AM

I am curious, how much is everyone exercising, and at what point in the plan did you start? I started to slow down in weight loss after two weeks, so added 2-3 miles of walking a day, and that has really sped things up. What is everyone else doing?

ottawa 11-05-2009 09:35 AM

Glad to hear there was no real plateau for you!! We are told not to do very much steady state cardio, 2 30 minutes sessions of interval cardio a week and at least 1 class - 1 hour duration of resistance training. As my weight loss has really slowed down I think I might add the walking that you are doing into my routine. Do you walk at a fast pace?

BumpyMcPickles 11-05-2009 09:39 AM

Well I couldnt wait til Monday to start it..so I started this morning since I have a 3 day weekend and figured that I could get over any of the side effects without making my patients/coworkers miserable - So far so good :-)

torchlaker 11-05-2009 10:11 AM

CoolBreeze...I wish I was more consistent with exercise. All the old excuses...no time...too tired. I do try to walk a mile 3 times a week and do BodyFlex and/or LifeLift the same day. I know it would help with my fatigue...I struggle with fibromalygia, so it becomes a round-robin thing. "I hurt too much today." "Well, you would feel better if you exercised" -- ya know the drill. I gotta start walking. I am going to St. John USVI the end of March...(by myself...first vacation EVER alone.)...and my cousin tells me my condo is 300 ft STRAIGHT up!

OptiChick....a lot of the foods are restricted. I was told I could have one restricted a day -- others have been told 2-3 times a week. I DO eat oatmeal every day, and have a bar at night. I really struggle at night...cuz that is when I am too tired to clean,sew,cook,paint, etc....so when I finally DO sit down, I notice hunger pains.

Bumpy: I had to laugh....I waited a month before starting IP while I researched it. Boy -- those last 5 days, I was chomping at the bit to get started. I started the day after Labor Day, I think!

Mirazon - awwww...thank you. YOU are an inspiration to me. Look at your weight loss already!

Josh...I read your blog!! In fact - I put it in Favorites to check it every day. PS: I hate the leek soup, too! I water down the soups much more than required...that helps...so does throwing in some veggies. So - do I understand this right ---? Four months will be boiled down into a 15 minute film??

My son is coming tonight!! I am so excited!! I haven't seen him since July. He has been wanting me to send him pictures....but I really don't have any...plus I keep thinking that I don't look THAT much different. He was so excited about the cholestrol drop. After losing his dad, he really wants to keep me around, I think! That was one of the main reasons I did IP....to be healthier! I cleaned all day yesterday....so today I am hoping to alter an outfit or 2 to wear while he is here!

BumpyMcPickles 11-05-2009 11:05 AM

Torch - Ive been researching it since September. I was on ******** before and the first 25 pounds was great until my hair started to break off (not good!). So my boss was at a conference in AZ when he heard about it. We just started selling the products in our office and Ive been like when can I start it already?!?

I had the omelette for breakfast and was actually liking that - had some of the lemon pudding for a snack and Im not thrilled with it. Its like 2 hrs later and I still have the lemon pledge aftertaste

echobaby 11-05-2009 12:19 PM

Would everyone prefer for people to post new recipes only on the recipe thread, instead of here? I see some people are having trouble finding it.

Anyway I posted a new one there for a seriously delicious alteration to the chocolate pudding (the plain IP one made me sad.)

magenta 11-05-2009 03:27 PM

It is official, my packets arrived, and I have begun the Ideal Protein way of living to health, beauty, youth and vitality. If it is any different than that PLEASE don't tell me - I want to believe this stuff! Ü

coolbreeze 11-05-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirazon (Post 3001342)
Happy belated Birthday :). You should be pleased you came back to IP after only a 2 week break. In the past some of my unintentional breaks have lasted for months or years!!! Wishing you all the best at your next weigh in.

Hysterical. I think my "break" has lasted, oh, around ten years. :-) I am 3 lbs from wedding weight, then I am shooting for "college weight." To think back then I thought I was fat. SIGH.

coolbreeze 11-05-2009 03:49 PM

I wanted to share that I made the crepe stuffed with cut up raw veggies for lunch and it was awesome. I diced cucumber, spinach, raw onion and a little tomato, did the olive oil and lemon dressing, and it was really, really good! I am still full too.