3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Diet - Monthly Chat - November 2009 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/185492-ideal-protein-diet-monthly-chat-november-2009-a.html)

echobaby 11-18-2009 12:17 PM

Hey, Guys.

I am almost done with week 3, and the past couple days I've noticed a tendency to become very irritable between lunch and dinner. This correlates with the time of day when my Ketostix turn the darkest purple, meaning I'm burning the most fat, but when my blood sugar is lowest. Yesterday I snapped at my wonderful 21 year old son for something stupid. He's like, Mom, what's going on with you? I apologized and felt bad, but it was only then that I realized that this is a pattern. Anyone else noticing this? I'm thinking of eating my evening snack between lunch and dinner. Who cares if I get grumpy after 6 or 7. I just won't talk.

Mom22 11-18-2009 12:37 PM

We had an IP consultant come to town and I had a chance to ask some questions - here's what I found out.
- No green cabbage - it has a slightly higher glycemic index than the others and so it's on the occasional list. The new handouts will make this clear.
- No to the Nestea drinks even though they're sweetened with Splenda. He checked the ingredients list and while the Splenda is good re: sugar content, apparently it's got citric acid and that throws out your ??? acidic balance or something, something. RATS!
- Asked about Turnip, Rutabaga, Swede - some we can have and some we can't but depending on the store (or even seed catalogs) they seem to be interchangeable - people call them by the wrong name all the time. He was going to check and get back.
- a friend who has lost 40 lbs in less than 2 months is concerned about maintenance once she goes off the diet. he reassured her that for each of these stages, you receive an instruction sheet same as we have now. it will be a guide for what to eat, etc. It was reassuring to hear that we will have some guidance to help keep the weight off later.

We also got a bunch of new WF condiments - bacon ranch dressing - it's good. i also bought the WF Ketchup - it's not Heinz but at this point it does the trick - a friend tried the onion dip and says it's good. there's also a wide assortment of jams, marmalade, brushetta (could be used on pancakes, crepes or meat), creamy bacon dressing, seafood sauce and lots of others. I guess what this means is that these products are out there and they will help with the boredom.

They did up samples and made the chilli into a soup - it was really good and I wish I had thought of that. It seemed they just cooked some diced veg's (peppers) and added the chilli with lots of water.

They cut up some the bars into small pieces - was a nice way to try without having to buy an entire box - really would make a nice "dainty" tray.

ottawa 11-18-2009 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echobaby (Post 3017208)
Hey, Guys.

I am almost done with week 3, and the past couple days I've noticed a tendency to become very irritable between lunch and dinner. This correlates with the time of day when my Ketostix turn the darkest purple, meaning I'm burning the most fat, but when my blood sugar is lowest. Yesterday I snapped at my wonderful 21 year old son for something stupid. He's like, Mom, what's going on with you? I apologized and felt bad, but it was only then that I realized that this is a pattern. Anyone else noticing this? I'm thinking of eating my evening snack between lunch and dinner. Who cares if I get grumpy after 6 or 7. I just won't talk.

You could alway try splitting your snack, especially if it is a bar and have 1/2 in the afternoon and 1/2 in the evening

echobaby 11-18-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ottawa (Post 3017288)
You could alway try splitting your snack, especially if it is a bar and have 1/2 in the afternoon and 1/2 in the evening

Thanks, but I'm scared of the bars and have never ordered them. I'd probably be eating them every day instead of once or twice a week. Maybe I could fiddle around with the chocolate cake and try to bake it into a denser bar shape.

Oh, congratulations Torchlaker! Since you are so close to your goal, 2.5 last week is a lot. Regarding youwanting to weeigh 140 instead of what your coach told you, I'd say go for it. You'll never have this much momentum again, and if that's what you want, who knows your body better than you?

ukandewit 11-18-2009 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optichick1 (Post 3016603)
Well, how much is too much? I only use the Thousand Island Dressing, but I use it 2X each day and douse the salad pretty good.

She suggested just following the serving size listed on the package. I don't actually use the WF dressings much, but use the Wishbone Spritzers instead (and usually use less than the actual serving amount). Our coach said they were ok to use.

coolbreeze 11-18-2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echobaby (Post 3017208)
Hey, Guys.

I am the exact same way. I either eat my snack, half my snack, or a slice or two of lunchmeat/cheese. Technically cheating, but its not affecting my losses and it gets me to dinner.

echobaby 11-18-2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolbreeze (Post 3017401)
I am the exact same way. I either eat my snack, half my snack, or a slice or two of lunchmeat/cheese. Technically cheating, but its not affecting my losses and it gets me to dinner.

Hey...that sounds good...the lunchmeat and cheese. Are you using the nonfat sliced "cheese"? I saw it in the store yesterday. I don't care what it tastes like, as long as it raises my blood sugar.

SylvieG 11-18-2009 03:03 PM

News from last night weigh in...

20bydec, torchlaker & ottawa: Thank you for your motivationnal talk! :hug: I've decided to fight the last pounds 1 meal at a time so I can reach my goal prior to the Holidays! :boxing:

As for last night: Not as good as it could have been but not as bad as expected... It seems I went out of ketosis somewhere in the last two weeks - mostly because of my "tasting experiences" as thought! Instead of the regular 6 or 7 pounds loss (over 2 weeks), I lost 5 pounds. The next two weeks will be my last in phase 1, then moving on to phase 2 and 3! Still am a little scared to change the daily routine but phase 2 very similar (except for 2 dinner instead of a lunch and a dinner). Therefore I am trying to beat my 7,25 pounds record over two weeks so there is not so much to loose afterwards...

Torchlaker, aim for YOUR goal! You and Valkyrie have been my inspiration over the last weeks and by making it this far, I guess this objective is what kept you going in the rough times...

Josh, your results are amazing!!

Keep on the good will! :dust:

Ogdog13 11-18-2009 03:23 PM

Thanksgiving Ideas

Okay, would anyone like some low-carb ideas for thanksgiving (gravy, stuffing, etc.)? It doesn't follow the IP diet, but is low-carb for those of us who are going to somewhat splurge!!

MeghanO 11-18-2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirazon (Post 3016608)
I was told 20 -25 was gross carbs. Which I don't really understand since the fiber is not absorbed and would not effect ketosis. I'll be interested in what others have heard.

I was told Gross Carbs today by my wellness coach. She said that if we took the dietery fiber into consideration then we would only be allowed like 12 carbs per day. She said trying to keep the plan simple. When you give something to many rules, compliance goes WAY DOWN.

I lost 4.4 in week 2!!! Total of 13.4 lbs gone forever!!!

MeghanO 11-18-2009 03:39 PM

EchoBaby-I have my snack in the afternoon only because if I don't I would probaly eat everything in sight once home due to being so hungry! I would try the evening snack inthe afternoon or even just split it up, part in the afternoon the rest before bed!

ogdog13-I will post my coach's tips for handling Turkey Day when I get home tonight, it was very helpful to me!

MontanaMom 11-18-2009 03:51 PM

Hi everyone. Down 3.5 lbs this week. Will get to go shopping soon! I'm so glad I found this diet and this group.

Echobaby...I usually have a big salad or stirfry veggies wrapped in lettuce leaves for lunch, then have my protein packet about 2:30 or 3. That has really helped me make it through the afternoon. I love having the pudding at night, mostly because the rest of my family is usually having their after dinner snack and I don't feel deprived.

Have a great week everyone. Hang in there..this diet works!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar098...6/126/130/.png

coolbreeze 11-18-2009 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echobaby (Post 3017419)
Hey...that sounds good...the lunchmeat and cheese. Are you using the nonfat sliced "cheese"? I saw it in the store yesterday. I don't care what it tastes like, as long as it raises my blood sugar.

no I actually use the regular fat cheese as it has under 1 carb, and I eat half a slice rolled up with a small shaved piece of turkey or (gasp) salami. It makes me feel full because of the fat. I figure it at between 50-100 calories added to my diet. I exercise fairly regularly and chase three small children in a two story house, so I think I am burning it off, lol. I need that little treat for sanity. it has definitely helped me stick to the diet this long.

echobaby 11-18-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolbreeze (Post 3017670)
no I actually use the regular fat cheese as it has under 1 carb, and I eat half a slice rolled up with a small shaved piece of turkey or (gasp) salami. It makes me feel full because of the fat. I figure it at between 50-100 calories added to my diet. I exercise fairly regularly and chase three small children in a two story house, so I think I am burning it off, lol. I need that little treat for sanity. it has definitely helped me stick to the diet this long.

OK, thanks. My treadmill repaired and have a new belt on the day after TG, so that is my exercise start date.

MontanaMom 11-18-2009 06:16 PM

Has anyone found anything to add to the lemon pudding to make it taste better? I buy it because of the low carb count, but wish it tasted a little better.

ottawa 11-18-2009 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echobaby (Post 3017339)
Thanks, but I'm scared of the bars and have never ordered them. I'd probably be eating them every day instead of once or twice a week. Maybe I could fiddle around with the chocolate cake and try to bake it into a denser bar shape.

We were told that the bars, soya nuts, Chocolate crepe/muffin, oatmeal, veggie chili, and the stew are items that you are allowed only 1 of a day. Have you been told to only have them once or twice a week or do you limit them to that to keep your carb count low?

Mirazon 11-18-2009 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom22 (Post 3017244)
No green cabbage - it has a slightly higher glycemic index than the others and so it's on the occasional list. The new handouts will make this clear.

YIKES!!! I've been eating a lot of green cabbage. It was actually one of my favorite vegetables before IP. Oh well, this will give me the opportunity to try new types. Hopefully the trade off will be that my weight loss picks up :).

Thanks for the additional information.

Mirazon 11-18-2009 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echobaby (Post 3017680)
OK, thanks. My treadmill repaired and have a new belt on the day after TG, so that is my exercise start date.

How much exercise are you planning to do?

Mirazon 11-18-2009 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MontanaMom (Post 3017682)
Has anyone found anything to add to the lemon pudding to make it taste better? I buy it because of the low carb count, but wish it tasted a little better.

I've added strawberry flavoring or a cake spice (which is like pumpkin pie spice) to it. Both helped, but lemon is definitely not my favorite pudding! HTH

MeghanO 11-18-2009 10:31 PM

We need to talk about strategies for getting through Turkey Day! It seems to me that, among you, there will be several different approaches to holiday eating. Let's talk about that.

THE IRON WILL APPROACH
Some of you are only weeks from graduating at your goal weight. I guarantee some of you will choose the iron will approach, eating nothing that would compromise your fat burning. Good candidates for this approach would be individuals who are very new to the program and haven't mastered a strong set of healthy eating habits yet. Also, those of you with only a week or two left on the program will extend your program by 1-2 weeks by eating foods that would compromise your fat burning. So, if you're traveling to someone else's house, bring a large platter of veggies and some Walden Farms or bring a big mixed greens salad or some other creative side that's safe on your program.

If you plan to use the Iron Will Approach, here are some key phrases you can use to excuse yourself politely from eating things you don't choose to eat:

The Crafty Dismissal: "Ooh, that looks delicious! I'm stuffed so I'll just have to take it home for later" (then store it in your freezer till graduation, pitch it in the dumpster, give it to your dog...)

The Firm Hand: "Thank you for respecting the fact that I have some personal goals I am working on and, while that looks delicious, it would compromise my goals so I'll have to wait. Thanks!"

The Medical Excuse: "My doctor recently told me I am pre-diabetic. I really have to watch out for foods that spike my insulin. I'll have to pass". Guess what! If you're overweight, you really are pre-diabetic.

The Allergy Excuse: "I recently found out I am violently allergic to that! No thanks!" I have used this many times, as I have 16 legitimate food allergies. It works! The one question you might get is, "wow, what happens when you eat that?" and your response can be as simply as this, "You don't even wanna know!" That'll stop the conversation right there. :)

THE ONE DAY PASS APPROACH
Thanksgiving comes ONCE a year and there will be a number of dieters who feel they've earned a day off from Ideal Protein. Okay. I concede. Many of you HAVE earned a day off! Here's how I'd like you to procede if you choose to eat things that will compromise your fat burning.

1. Moderation is KEY. Let's not un-do all the healthy habits we've built on this program. Practice regulating portion sizes. Don't go back for second helpings. Skip the cookies-they're so full of sugar and fat and just not worth it. Have some mashed potatoes and gravy (one moderate serving), have a small piece of pumpkin pie (skip the cool whip, don't eat all the crust-super fattening), only have one or two glasses of red wine (this is Ideal Protein's alcohol cheat of choice-red wine) NOT the whole bottle, not a half-pint of liquor, etc. Plus, if you don't moderate, you may feel very sick... eewwww.

2. The one day pass is just that- a ONE DAY pass. You are not authorized to spend the whole week of Thanksgiving on an eating spree. It's not healthy and it's destructive to all the new healthy habits you've worked so hard to build.

3. If you use the ONE DAY PASS approach, you must go to bootcamp for three days starting Friday after Turkey Day. Bootcamp means Phase I, very low carb-no restricted items. This will give your pancreas a chance to rest and recooperate from the holiday abuse and get you back to fat-burning mode faster.

GOING HOG WILD APPROACH
This is not an acceptable approach if you are serious about changing your body, your health, and your life. I will question your motivation to lose weight if you use this approach. Here are some things to consider before going hog wild:

1. "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got." Have you heard that before? Don't expect to do something the same way you always have and expect to get different results. Binge-type eating and lack of portion control is part of what led many of you to the weight at which you started your Ideal Protein journey. It takes an average of 28 days to build a new healthy habit. It only takes one minute to break a habit. Tread carefully.

2. You are likely to feel very unwell that night, the next day, or even for several days after. You may feel hung-over, even you didn't drink but overdid the sugars.

3. You will start carrying excess water (bonded to the new carb molecules floating through your system), feel bloated, and probably feel guilty and have regret. Wow, that's not worth it.

4. That's expensive! Going HOG WILD will cost you because it will stop your fat burning, waste at least 5 days of your program and extend your program by one to two weeks total. Again, not worth it.

IN CONCLUSION, you have a choice to make about how you will approach holiday eating. If you choose the IRON WILL or the ONE DAY PASS approach, please know that you should still write down everything you eat and you will not be "in trouble" for having a small piece of pie. Make choices you can feel good about.

THank you to my Wellness Coach Kim for that email!
Meghan

magenta 11-18-2009 11:15 PM

MontanaMom, I wish I could help... I tried adding the juice of a small lemon but that was a mistake. It didn't set up at all so I had to drink it. Did taste good though.

torchlaker 11-18-2009 11:29 PM

So glad I have been some help on your journeys. I DO believe this will be my last diet! Won't it be great on New Years Eve NOT to say we have to lose weight? We will either have lost it (Sandra B - Cool Breeze ) or be well on your way. I decided that I will see what I weigh when I leave for Ohio on Dec.16th...maybe that will be my goal weight. I never thought I would EVER fit in size 10 jeans again....I would just like to be able to breathe in them!!

Ottawa - hey, maybe there is a "bright side" to doing extra restricted carbs, huh? I always feel such guilt. But -- I do save my protein pack for between 3-4pm...I get that "late afternoon" lag where I start seeing spots in front of my eyes. It is usually a pudding or a shake. YUK -- there is not much help for that lemon pudding. I tried extra splenda...DiVinci syrups. I find that using the DiVinci syrups cuts the chemical taste in most of the puddings...Tonight I tried to SAVE the WF Raspberry Salad dressing. YUK!! I tried adding DiVinci raspberry syrup...then Splenda...then some olive oil...still YUK!

I don't like the WF Marshmallow on its own....but sometimes I will spread it thinly over my "pumpkin pie pudding" and pretend it is whipped cream. I also read on the Netrition site that you could add some to a shake to thicken it up....and I had such BIG plans for that Marshmallow junk! In my "new life", I will definitely keep using the WF pancake syrup and maybe the BBQ sauce.

Ottawa - do you think any oolong tea would work? You reminded me that I have some "Dieters Tea" in the cupboard. That kinda used to work....At least it tastes better than oolong! I am not a tea drinker....wish I was. Not much of a coffee drinker either. My downfall was Diet Coke! I still have 8oz. of DietRite cola with my dinner....and rarely finish it.

Josh...ohmygosh...you are doing SO well! We are all proud of you!

Great ideas about Thanksgiving. I guess I am doing the iron-will approach. I have had 2 offers to join others for Thanksgiving. I turned them down.....I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings for not trying their food, and I wasn't sure I was strong enough not to be tempted. I am going to make a roast chicken that day....and spend the day actually sewing something (rather than altering) new! I do remember feeling awful for 2 days after I had my cheat weekend with the girls!...but geez, a glass of wine sounds good! Last year, I sewed a pair of fleece pajamas on Thanksgiving Day....now the pants won't stay up!

I cancelled my plans for tomorrow to hem these jeans and try to do some altering. Not my idea of a good time....but the outfit I wore when I taught painting class today is huge. I have the pants rolled over twice. I didn't have much of a butt when I was heavier (my heaviest was 216)...and I REALLY don't have one now. Always wanted a nice rounded butt (sorry for the visual, Josh).

20bydec 11-19-2009 09:21 AM

Meghan

that is GREAT advice. You're coach has some great ideas. I'm planning on the iron will approach. Maybe a little bit of potatoes or stuffing. I'm bringing a big salad to share.

20bydec 11-19-2009 09:27 AM

Josh: what is your blog site again. I'd like to keep track of that. GREAT JOB!

kaygirl 11-19-2009 09:35 AM

I weighed in yesterday I lost 4 pounds that's 10 pounds in 2 weeks.

I was reading some of the post. I was also wondering about thanksgiving not only do I have one to go to but I have 2 so I talked to my coach yesterday and she gave me a lot of ideas on getting pass those two days. So I will see how it goes for me. She did say stay away from sweets and breads. very small portions.

Optichick1 11-19-2009 10:34 AM

MeghanO - Thanks so much for that post. It really made me consider just what I want to do over the holiday weekend! I think I will take the moderate outlook. I'm not that much of a sweet eater, so I don't think I will have a problem with pies and desserts. I would like to have turkey and maybe a little dressing and I know I'll have some wine. And only on Thursday. Just the one day, not the whole weekend!

BumpyMcPickles 11-19-2009 11:15 AM

I had my week 2 weigh in this morning - Im down 15 pounds for the week and 3.5 inches (I was shocked and even had myself weighed twice). Now that is 23 pounds in 2 weeks!!!!

Congrats to all on their losses this week.

echobaby 11-19-2009 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ottawa (Post 3017734)
We were told that the bars, soya nuts, Chocolate crepe/muffin, oatmeal, veggie chili, and the stew are items that you are allowed only 1 of a day. Have you been told to only have them once or twice a week or do you limit them to that to keep your carb count low?

I was told all the other stuff you mentioned could be used once a day. The bars, stew, and spaghetti were for once or twice a week only. Actually, I wasn't TOLD, per se. I read it. I am doing IP through Matol, without a coach. All the foods are the same, but I have a more limited variety than you who get it through a weight loss center. I can order everything except the stew, spaghetti, lemon and butterscotch pudding, the collagen drink, and I only have one type of bar offered: the peanut caramel(I think). The instructions and guide booklet were written by Dr. Tran Tien Chanh, the inventor of the Ideal Protien diet. So it's the same, basically.

I was starting to think that we were going to have the same problem we had last week when the site went down. Been trying to post for about an hour. I hope this goes through.

Sandrab 11-19-2009 01:13 PM

hi there!!

I used to wonder when i was stressing over thanksgiving why noone else seemed to be, and no reponses to my posts!! i was quite new to this forum at that time and soon realized i was one of the few who celebrated the Canadian holiday!! lol

I survived it! My thought process was that (only my opinion!) Christmas was the bigger event in my family. If i strayed in October and lost the week, and then again at Christmas I would lose that week as well. Then lo and behold theres New Years and on and on and on. I posted my meal back in October, it was not so bad. Turkey is a great meat on this diet, i mashed turnip with chicken broth and splenda, used WF jelly for cranberry, had asparagus with honey dijon and made a frozen pudding for dessert. I used a big wine glass with water and lemon wedge. I did not look out of place and did not have to answer any questions. Of course it was easier the dinner was at my house, and of course we tend to spend special days with family or loved ones, and those closest to me know and support my goal....i am going off for christmas eve, and christmas day. That is my celebratory reward to myself for progress and effort on this diet combined with the importance of the holiday to my family. We have several holiday parties that we know of already, and more to come. I will be the DD - and will enjoy myself while sticking to the diet and when this seems frustrating i will remind myself of my reward at christmas. I have had to do that already, and it really works for me. I think it is when we leave ourselves no rewards, that makes cheating easier....Just my thoughts.....

magenta 11-19-2009 01:34 PM

BumpyMcPickles, you and I started the same day. Your results are awesome!!! My 2 week weigh-in revealed a 2 pound loss this week for 6.4 overall. And I lost 3 inches this week for 5 inches overall. I try to focus on how even a few pounds a week will add up over a short time, and that that time will fly by if I can stay interested in something, anything else, besides my weight!

ottawa 11-19-2009 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echobaby (Post 3018490)
I was told all the other stuff you mentioned could be used once a day. The bars, stew, and spaghetti were for once or twice a week only. Actually, I wasn't TOLD, per se. I read it. I am doing IP through Matol, without a coach. All the foods are the same, but I have a more limited variety than you who get it through a weight loss center. I can order everything except the stew, spaghetti, lemon and butterscotch pudding, the collagen drink, and I only have one type of bar offered: the peanut caramel(I think). The instructions and guide booklet were written by Dr. Tran Tien Chanh, the inventor of the Ideal Protien diet. So it's the same, basically.

I was starting to think that we were going to have the same problem we had last week when the site went down. Been trying to post for about an hour. I hope this goes through.

Thanks for the reply and info. I will give that a try (bars anyway as I have not had the stew or spaghetti ) and only have them maybe once or twice a week for the next few weeks and see what happens.

PRINCASS 11-19-2009 02:02 PM

Congrats!!

:bravo:Wow, I'm impressed with everyones weight loss this week. Josh is kicking our butts! :bravo:

About Thanksgiving.......lucky us!:grouphug: I really like the planning ahead for Thanksgiving checklist. Thats really helpful. You have an amazing coach.
:D I'm hoping its not going to be very hard for me I'm tested daily in my home because its filled full of goodies, snacks, baked goods and CHEESE...that I have to avoid. :dust::goodluck:

About the 1 a day restrictions. My coach/paperwork stated all the higher carb items should only be used once a day. However the spagetti is 2/per week only.

chjsmom 11-19-2009 03:00 PM

i had my week 2 weigh-in today. I lost 2 lbs making a total of 10 lbs. My coach told me to eat normal on Thanksgiving and get back on the diet the next day. But, I don't know if I want to do that !

echobaby 11-19-2009 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirazon (Post 3017870)
How much exercise are you planning to do?

I hope this goes through..2 other posts to you today didn't. Anyone else having problems? I could get through to every other chat room with ease, but not this one. Maybe we have the MOST POPULAR AND HAVE CRASHED THE SYSTEM!!!!!!!!

Anyway, Mirazon.....I'm going to walk on the treadmill starting at 30 mins. a day, 5-6 times a week(aiming for 4mph), then work up to 45 min, then maybe 60. I'll do it while I watch Top Chef or Law and Order, which I do a lot anyway, but sitting.

Also, to your other post: YOU HAVE LOST 46 LB. IN 2 MONTHS!!! I don't think the green cabbage is negatively affecting you. Way to go!

Trying to get everything in here, in case it starts up again with the site problems. I posted recently about my afternoon low blood sugar and grumpiness. I also have lost nothing since Sunday. Can you guess what my problem is? PMS!!! Duhhh. I guess I thought I wouldn't have swelling since I'm eating so much lighter. But, I guess salt is salt. Any of you long-timers have any wisdom to impart regarding your weight loss and PMS? I sure hope this is temporary.

Harmonymom2 11-19-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torchlaker (Post 3017961)
YUK!

Ottawa - do you think any oolong tea would work? You reminded me that I have some "Dieters Tea" in the cupboard. That kinda used to work....At least it tastes better than oolong! I am not a tea drinker....wish I was. Not much of a coffee drinker either. My downfall was Diet Coke! I still have 8oz. of DietRite cola with my dinner....and rarely finish it.

).

Don't know why I didn't think of this sooner, but try the Traditional Medicinal tea called "Smooth Move". It has senna in it, and will make things move.

Ogdog13 11-19-2009 06:33 PM

Ah, PMS. I'm hitting it now and my chocolate craving is out of this world. Besides not losing weight aren't you craving things????

chubby twin 11-19-2009 07:36 PM

Is everyone taking all of the IP supplements? I am taking my own calcium,omega 3 pills and potassium. Does this make a big difference in weight loss. The supps are pricey. I found the IP sea salt at Target today. It was the same kind of sea salt. But is was 9 ounces for $3.29. Since I have had so much trouble with constipation I have used Correctol,Citrate of Magnesia. They really work but I don't think my weight loss is what it should be. I am down 11 lbs and it will be 4 weeks tomorrow. The last few days I have checked with the Ketostix and it is just a trace. I am not cheating so I don't understand it. I haven't lost many inches either. You all are talking about all the inches and lbs you have lost and I am wondering what I am doing wrong.

magenta 11-19-2009 08:08 PM

Chubby twin, I am just a bit shorter than you and have only lost 6.4 lbs in 2 weeks. At this rate I don't expect to be down more than 10 or 11 pounds myself at the end of 4 weeks. I haven't cheated but do have one restricted item each day. Maybe I shouldn't eat them at all, but hey that is what makes this diet so appealing. I like to blame my height and age... but really it is probably my lack of activity. I sit at my computer most of the day with my feet up on the desk. Hang in there. Losing 3 pounds a week is better than staying the same, and way better than gaining. I don't think it matters which brand supplements you take. They are more about filling in the nutritional chinks in the program than making you lose weight.

elishatamar 11-19-2009 08:23 PM

I received my first package of food in the mail today... it's a good thing I only have 4 days before leaving town for Thanksgiving, because I'm already wanting to jump in. I know that it would be a complete waste, though, since not eating pumpkin pie or drinking wine with my family is just not realistic. So Monday after next is my Day 1.

When I put in my order, however, I didn't realize that four of the boxes I chose are restricted items. I knew about the chocolate soy puffs, but didn't realize the bars, chili and stew all fell into that category. I'm wanting to knock this weight off as quickly as possible, since I can't afford to be on it for more than a few months, so I wondering what y'alls opinions are as far as having more than 2 restricted items a week. I know some people still had a phenomenal loss having one restricted item a day, but still...

Also, I'd like to poll people on what their favorite DaVinci syrups are, so I can get ahold of some before I start. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

echobaby 11-19-2009 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chubby twin (Post 3018875)
Is everyone taking all of the IP supplements? I am taking my own calcium,omega 3 pills and potassium. Does this make a big difference in weight loss. The supps are pricey. I found the IP sea salt at Target today. It was the same kind of sea salt. But is was 9 ounces for $3.29. Since I have had so much trouble with constipation I have used Correctol,Citrate of Magnesia. They really work but I don't think my weight loss is what it should be. I am down 11 lbs and it will be 4 weeks tomorrow. The last few days I have checked with the Ketostix and it is just a trace. I am not cheating so I don't understand it. I haven't lost many inches either. You all are talking about all the inches and lbs you have lost and I am wondering what I am doing wrong.

Is correctol white and kind of sweet like milk of magnesia? If so, you maybe taking in too much sugar to go into Ketosis. I know for a fact that milk of magnesia pulled me out of ketosis when I was doing Atkins a couple years ago. Once you get the sticks to turn to moderate to large amounts of ketones in your urine(the third, fourth, and fifth darkest shades on my box), your body will have some resistance to coming out of ketosis. It's much better than if you never really got into it. Maybe switch to some fiber-based laxative like psyllium or Miralax for a while.